How old do my neice and nephew need to be to watch this?

How old do my neice and nephew need to be to watch this?
I remember watching it in third grade and was fine.

Attached: Ringstrilogyposter.jpg (800x540, 145K)

I'm gonna fuck your niece and nephew

Who cares, they arent your kids.

i saw the fellowship of the ring on a trans atlantic flight in 2002 at age 8 or so and it completely blew my mind

thats all you gota show em though,two tours and rotk suck ass.but fellowship is a masterpiece

They're cute. Idgaf

Most of the themes are going to go over anyone younger than young adult's head anyway, but it has a fair bit of spectacle

There's nothing particularly graphic and all of the 'good' guys are basically nice to each other.
It's got scary monsters and tension, but it all turns out pretty well.

I'd say the crux of it is boromir's death. Kids get introduced to that concept pretty young though, The Lion King for example, is recommended for ages 6 and up.
So i'd say 6+ is ok for LOTR.

>Most of the themes are going to go over anyone younger than young adult's head anyway

>friendship
>good vs evil

lol wow so hard to understand

underage b&

6 for your nephew.
8 for your niece.

This scared me when I first watched it

Attached: M9j8vRQwyhNl.jpg (600x533, 72K)

The irony of someone calling something so easy to understand that it's pathetic, while failing to understand it, is always my favorite thing.

I know that there's more to it, but that is 'most of it' thematically.
forests = good
cutting down forests = bad

women strong and can fight like men

bravery = good

tell me what exactly in this story you think a smart 8 year old wouldn't understand

the one thing i guess would be alien to a kid is how frodo is broken at the end and how men don't come back whole from war.

I'm not calling it pathetic either
It just is a story that kids can enjoy and i know that because i read it when i was a kid

Whenever they are able to sit still long enough.

Just make sure you get the theatrical cut not the extended.
The extended is way slower and worse paced and barely adds anything worthwhile except a better faramir/ denethor plot. It's a worse film.

The niece is 5 and the one i'm semi worried about.
She does live on a farm tho and has seen a calf being born and a shed full of blood.
She also loves WoW right now that I let her make a character (she insisted on being undead hunter) and just runs and around.

I'd just ask her mother (my sister) but she would just ask me cause she's pretty normie as well as her husband. Except their farm geeks and she's a large animal vet

So in desperation of trying not to give a little girl nightmares, I come to Yea Forums for advice
I'll probably just wait till next year or maybe just read her the hobbit next time I have to babysit them

Still not it.

You can enjoy it, because it's an enjoyable story regardless, but you still clearly missed the message.

it's really about if she understands the concept of death and just being around animals being born or even killed doesn't necessarily mean that she does.
Wow certainly wouldn't teach it.
It's around the right age to learn it, The Lion King for example is aimed at kids around her age.
Or if she's had a grandparent die for example.
But you may not want to be the person to have that talk with her if she hasn't already.

As for it just being scary? Meh. It's fine imo.

>insisted on being undead hunter
>worried about her getting nightmares
you just made this thread because you wanted attention

Attached: 1541874829673.jpg (567x523, 38K)

Do you expect me to assume you know what you're talking about and you're right just because you're being passive aggressive and cryptic? How about you bother to actually explain yourself or form an argument.

It should be fine, there are some dark things like Bilbo's corruption, mouth of sauron, the spider stab, and so forth that may not be so pleasant but I hardly think the kids will give a shit about it. They'll be mesmerized by the beauty of this trilogy anyhow.

Respect for letting them into this fantasy world.

Attached: 1542623354912.jpg (1024x1365, 178K)

Just cause kids like zombies and ghosts n ghouls cause of halloween doesn't mean I want to throw a balrog and spoopy wraiths at her.

For me when I was a child these monsters became favorites. Same with Maleficent and disney villains, the bad guys are just cooler.

Attached: 36299605_1393990617401480_7825195933867442176_n.jpg (721x721, 29K)

I thought the hobbits were gay until i got older and could appreciate the films.

lol and the lotr orcs are to an extent funny and affable
like the little guy slapping armour on the uruks or the meats back on the menu guy

i always kind of thought in a 1 on 1 situation they'd be cool to hang out with

midget races indeed suck, let's be real here

What, you want me to give you the fucking spark notes on Lord of the Rings? Fine, it's about modernization dehumanizing society and ruining everything. Orcs are corrupted elves because orcs are meant to reflect what Tolkien saw people become in the trenches of WW1. The heroes are simple rural folk, because that's the ideal way for people to live according to Tolkien. You can look up the rest, that's enough spoon feeding.

How Do I Get A Big Tiddie Goth Gf Bros?

they were always gay man

And how exactly are the merits of the comfy agrarian lifestyle shown in hobbiton incomprehensible to children?
That's simple to understand.

As is the orcs cutting down forests being bad.
So, much of what you said is infact something a smart 8 year old would grasp, atleast to an extent.

And just because you can mention additional themes, are you really disputing that fundamentally the story is about friendship and good vs evil?

>Orcs are corrupted elves because orcs are meant to reflect what Tolkien saw people become in the trenches of WW1.
This does not make sense. I don't care what you may have read Tolkien's intentions to be. The author does not matter, and this does not make sense.
Because LOTR shows men (etc) in brutal war. And it universally shows how that brings out the best and the bravest traits in them. Not how it turns them evil.
Nor is the story at all pacifist, although it clearly shows the damaging effect war has on men. It is clearly a good vs evil struggle, and absolutely shows the absolute necessity of war.

Literally the entire story is an allegory about the world going down the shitter thanks to industrialization and urbanization. The magic draining from the world, all the wonderful art and human greatness fading from the world, any of this ringing any bells? This isn't even just an interpretation, Tolkien is on record many, many times saying as much.

>Tolkien is on record many, many times saying as much.
His intentions and his interpretation of his story are not necessarily the same as his story. I think an authors commentary and opinions about their own work are utterly irrelevant.

>Literally the entire story is an allegory about the world going down the shitter thanks to industrialization and urbanization
>Literally the entire story is only an allegory about the world going down the shitter thanks to industrialization and urbanization

Which one is it? Because i'm not disputing that the story is, in part, about this. But that's not all that it is about.
And I think the ending, shows a glimmer of hope for a modern city-state society (Gondor) with a just ruler.

You didn't answer either of the questions I asked you.

get good at a game and boost e-girls. e-girls are hot bitches usually with a hint of goth

Attached: 1533273606779.png (878x1238, 774K)

The ring symbolizes Power, and the reason why Frodo is the only one who can be trusted with not falling to its temptation is because he's a nobody with nothing to lose; everybody else already has some standing that would be multiplied by its possession
Sauron represents The Establishment and everyone who rallies around him retrieving the ring do so because they do not have the ego to seek possession of the ring itself, and so hitch their strivings toward power on his tailcoats through the society he shall enforce.

Attached: 1551961643455.jpg (134x158, 7K)

but Frodo is landed gentry and an aristocrat whose family throws lavish parties, has influential foreign god friends and employs servants to garden and quest with

>employs servants
they weren't his servants
>whose family throws lavish parties
that's not his money though, nor exactly his status

how is sam not his servant
and it is his money after bilbo goes to rivendell he leaves it all to him

>that's not his money though, nor exactly his status
t. Sackville-Baggins

>undead hunter

what the fuck happened to that game

Attached: 1558783281269.png (894x773, 48K)

>how is sam not his servant
he is in the sense that he's supposed to serve Frodo, but Frodo doesn't own him and wasn't responsible for that directive
he barely even wants him around but that's another matter

>they weren't his servants

Like shit they weren't. It's toned down in the movies but Sammy's doglike instinct for regarding Frodo as "his master" is rarely absent from the books.