This was probably the biggest let down I've ever been at a movie...

This was probably the biggest let down I've ever been at a movie. Don't listen to the obviously paid shills; steer clear at all costs.

Attached: godzillakingofshit.png (235x348, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18096160
youtube.com/watch?v=PExqntlwppE
youtube.com/watch?v=1qYVJgixc3U
youtube.com/watch?v=4KkCEjawUHM
youtube.com/watch?v=DtV4RnADOeA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I honestly don't know why they thought any of the human characters were a good idea. Just because most Godzilla movies have shitty humans doesn't mean you should bog your movie down with a bunch of B movie actors and the trimmings of Linkola.

I'll add to this.

>Riddled with cliche tropes and unfunny/awkward jokes.
>Gidorah CGI looks like shit for most of the movie.
>Millie Bobby Brown's character was 100% unnecessary.
>People surviving explosions without a scratch.
>Only good fight was at the end.

Seriously, I can forgive a shitty recycled story. I didn't go see Godzilla for the story. But the bad CGI starting out, and the lame ass fights that almost always take place from a humans perspective just killed it. Once again, fuck the shills, and if you were being genuine you have really bad taste.

Am I the only one who noticed the entire military was black and mexican, with the exception of a couple white people? It was oddly distracting.

I just chalked it up to them being Navy at first desu, but as the film went on a fatassed bald black woman being an elite commander was weird and that they weren't Navy.

Really? This may be the most soi thing I’ve ever said but I saw endgame in theaters a week ago and the trailer for this looked badass.

It was fine.

Missed the part that made Godzilla 2014 good, but gave some solid monster fights.

wtf were the other monsters, though? There's just like a fucking giant mammoth now? Like, that's a kaiju?

You can't have Godzilla just fighting for 2 and a half hours. Sorry

Yeah, the trailer looked fantastic, but I promise it's bad. Probably the dullest movie i've ever seen in theater. If I hadn't paid $8 I would've stopped watching it.

>There's just like a fucking giant mammoth now?
Not a mammoth. Also Rodan is a pteranodon

Where in my post did I imply that would've made the movie good?

I agree fellow Disney shill.

Let’s go see Star Wars The Last Jedi and Avengers Endgame, Goy.

I thought the fights were extremely weak. Most of the time it cuts away to the family or military. The only good fight was the last one, and that was probably because it didn't cut away every 2 seconds.

Godzilla fan here.
I'm pissed I didn't like it.

>all godzilla movies have shitty humans
>why does this godzilla movie have shitty humans
ok brainlet
>what's a build up
from your post I thought the millie character would make sense to you, since it's about an unloved ignored child

everyone wanted to see it...but then James gave it a lukewarm review. Most people don't care about the critics when it comes to godzilla movie...they only care about James opinion. He said it wasn't bad, but you can tell he had mixed opinions about it. And nobody is going to see a movie based on the "lukewarm" reception. Godzilla 2 will flop.

Attached: 1553063238259.jpg (481x682, 28K)

I didn't want two and a half hours of fighting, but fuck there were barely any engaging fights, and it kept cutting away so we could see and up close shot of the family reacting.

>le gonorrhea? xD

the script is fucking trash.

I haven't seen it yet but you know all the usual complaints about humans. I'm looking forward to it anyway

I didn't watch the last jedi, and endgame was shit as well as being the last marvel movie I'll ever watch. Calling me a shill when I'm not shilling for anything and you are is actually pretty fucking stupid though.

Ok, but the movie wasn't made in a warehouse in Japan. It was made by a bunch of Jews who should know how to create engaging and likable characters. Just because one aspect of these films has been shit for it's entire history doesn't give you a free pass to write shit characters.

fuck off mouse

it was exactly what you would want from a godzilla movie:

cheesy drama and delicious monster fights

I read his review and still went to see it because the trailer was so fucking dope. It's a lot like Man of Steel in that sense. Maybe I just built it up to be much better than it was every going to actually be.

Yeah, that joke made no sense in any way. Also

>I record everything

Wtf?

ok but what exactly was shit about it though
they made sense and had direct reason to be involved
it's just another family perspective and has a unique twist of the usual family dynamic within film
maybe it was the writing, but the overall concept of them was not shit

>cheesy drama and delicious monster fights
/thread

You realize it's pretty obvious you're being paid to shill this garbage when you try to deflect your shillary onto someone who's not even shilling, don't you? I fucking hate disney too. And jews if we're getting right down to it. This movie still fucking sucks though, and I hope your studio loses a lot of money for making such a cool trailer and tricking me.

>Promote your movie as an epic film making it seem more mature and better developed than previous installments.
>Take a big b-movie shit on screen

Yeah, people wanted a great cheesy movie when they saw the trailer, you fucking retard.

>James gave it a lukewarm review
You mean his fat friends that wouldn't shut up did.

HAHAHAHA
Imagine watching a Godzilla movie and expecting anything but dumb fun.

Nothing pisses me off than low-tier G-fans saying all you need in a Godzilla movie is smashy smashy (which KotM doesn't even do well). It's basically saying that you should take out everything from
>Mothra vs. Godzilla
>Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster
>Monster Zero
>Sea Monster
>GMK
that makes those solid, fun movies. You have no mental capacity to understand why a fight scene is exciting, or why a story is engaging. You just see colors on a screen and you clap and you are happy. It fucking makes me sick, all of you.

Attached: Godzilla bro.jpg (684x420, 150K)

yeah guys go watch Disneys Aladdin instead!

I agree t b h and even worse were the fucking awful quips that fell flat

>the only theater in my state with a real, hugeass dome IMAX set is only showing the movie in 2d, and it's across the state and i'd need to take a train

is it worth it bros, or should I just see it at a local theater with the digital/"fake" imax where it's also 3d? I actually heard it wasn't actually filmed for IMAX, is that true? If so I should probably not bother with the super duper IMAX showing

The theater near me with the digital/non-dome imax also has a 4DX showing, which is apparently with moving seats and fog effects and shit, so i['m considering that, but if it is shot for imax or even digital imax offers some benefits, i',m not sure about that vs the digital imax at the same theater or not.

Also does RPX offer any advantages over Imax/4dx?

It wasn't even fun, you just have terrible taste. The fights were lame as fuck and were focused mainly on the people. This movie was shit, just like your brains.
Faggot samefag shill. You're probably a fucking libtard irl and you're attacking kikes to sell a movie. Hilarious.

it'll probably be worth it for the bigger screen and sound system

Man mouse shills are going all out today.

It was legitimately very good, and your arguments as to why it's bad is recycled from critics who makes reviews like pic related.

>All fights are shown
>CGI is fantastic
>Human drama is actually good this time

Which reminds me, why the fuck do people pretend like Godzilla 2014 has good human story? Breaking Bad dude was the only good character and he got killed off in 30 mins lol. You're really trying to tell me the military guy and his wife who had literally nothing to do with the plot is good? Really?

Attached: received_680547385727417.jpg (1440x986, 88K)

>sea monster
>solid, fun movie

Attached: 171732751-352-k656756.jpg (352x550, 17K)

You guys aren't supposed to reuse images for every thread you post in.

Skull island was better

It is, nigger.
>fun, island adventure movie
>gang of likeable characters
>basically a heist/chase movie for the whole first half
>you almost don't even care Godzilla hasn't showed up yet
>then he does ad starts wrecking shit
It's a perfect adventure movie. Low-tier fags just don't like it because there's no city smashy smashy and because it was originally supposed to be a King Kong movie.

Attached: 2qlde20.jpg (1599x1090, 816K)

>Maybe if I keep calling him a mouse shill and not responding to any of his other posts people will ignore the fact that this movie is shit.
>Human drama was actually good this time

Yeah, that gave it away, dude. You can fuck off now, or keep trying to false-flag. You do have a job to do.

Mostly this, except for Ghidorah. I still think it was fine, I mean it's a fucking Monster movie. And I like the shaky cam fights of this and the first movie.
This annoyed the fuck out of me though. All the jokes were shit and they so obviously didn't work, it must be some of the laziest wirting ever. What the fuck were they thinking? That said, most people in my cinema hall were laghing at all these 'jokes', so I guess they worked?

All in all:
Skull Island>Rampage>Godzilla1>Godzilla2

>that bitch
Got a chuckle out of me but all the other lines made me wince that old quip machine guy could have improved the movie by 50 percent by just shutting up

>Because I still want to have a kid some day.

The dude was in his 60s.

>libtard
lol have sex. Didn't realize I was arguing with an incel. Your opinions are wrong, o arbiter of fun. Get a clue. YEESH

>You share the same opinions as other people so you must be parroting them.

what a stupid fucking thing to think.

I loved this movie. Felt like a kid again.

Attached: 13A40081-167F-4545-B53D-B10C5E92A314.gif (540x304, 2.9M)

strawpoll.me/18096160

Attached: postersgodzilla2.jpg (1100x600, 93K)

I like how you don't even deny it. Your fucking movie is going to bomb and you'll lose your job.
>Have sex
>Incel
Get back to the focus group, bud.

If you liked this movie you never grew up.

>STOP LIKING MOVIE, MOVIE BAD
have sex

Biiig cope from the loser incel

ITT: How to spot a literal piad shill
Normal Yea Forums users don't tell you to not spend money on a product, they'd probably call you a retard and encourage you to go waste your money, but not discourage you from vindicating their own opinions.

Hopefully Godzilla vs Kong will be better and redeems the Monsterverse. Anyone who didn't like KOTM still invested/interested in the next movie?

Attached: 20190530_115330.jpg (1345x1145, 866K)

I liked this movie and I had sex and a footjob today. AMA

kong is a piece of shit and doesn't deserve to fight Godzilla. Anyone after Gidorah is a letdown. It's like having Holmes defeat Moriarty and then the next episode is about him nabbing a turnstile-jumper.

I doubt it'll be better, Wingard doesn't seem to be as big of a fan and Le Monke following Ghidorah seems like a letdown, but we'll see what they have in store.

It's the Batman v Superman of the monsterverse. There will probably be some larger threat that makes them ally.

>anyone after ghidorah is a letdown
Destoroyah?

Well it is likely that Godzilla and Kong will team up and fight another monster at some point during the movie. Hopefully it's Destroyah.

Godzilla fan here. This is fucking hilarious watching KOTM crash and burn. But in all seriousness we need a Mothra movie.

Attached: images_jmaison_Editorials_godzilla_dropkick.jpg (1200x600, 104K)

How fucking new are you? I'm going to shit on this movie every. fucking. day. Because the real shills made threads claiming this movie was amazing and full of cool battles. Nothing could be further from the true. Kill yourself, paid shill.

Attached: godzilla.png (349x152, 12K)

He was soloed by G and never had another appearance.

>paid shills complaining about paid shills

Now you're just getting meta. People still aren't buying it.

James’s main beef was all the fights were in rainy, night, overcast stormy nonclear view.
They also bring up a good point on cutting away from the fights way too much. But we all know it’s so the CGI departments can have a lighter load.

I really wished James and his friends reiterated that people should go see it, because if this flops and GvK crashes, it’s gonna be 15+ years until godzilla comes back to the US. Toho might continue making one shot oddball godzilla films.

Hi Karen, thank you for the post! $0.05 has been deposited to your Disney® vacation account!

>James’s main beef was all the fights were in rainy, night, overcast stormy nonclear view
But that's fucking wrong. Like, really fucking wrong. Did he even watch it?

>(((critics)))

Boomer retard.

>grug think moobie objectively bad even though it get good audience reception

The fact that the people who hated this think showa era trash is actually good is really telling. Literal manchildren.

I liked the movie but if you can't get any enjoyment out of the showa era, ironic or not, you're as much of a boring fag as these disney shills

To clarify, James said the lighting was good this time around and he was able to see the fights. He's just tired of having monster fights always occur during any kind of dark atmosphere in these movies.

Not him, but I swear I saw your exact post last night but completely inverted, as was the post you were replying too as well. They were against the film, and your's was pro. Even told the guy to kill himself as well.
I don't know what to believe anymore.
It's like I've entered a bizarro Yea Forums overnight.
That or the film and reception is "mixed" in every sense of the word.

Attached: 1361299805120.jpg (104x178, 12K)

After a second viewing I enjoyed the movie more. The first time I saw it was in 3D which I think was a mistake because it made everything look blurry when it moved. 2D IMAX was much better.

>director makes heartfelt tribute to godzilla, makes his design as close as it's ever been to the original and is mostly faithful for the other 3 kaiju
>brings in composer that brings back original music and even the blue oyster cult song for fucks sake
>delivers serviceable human plot that ties fights together
>retards like you still shit on it because GRUG NO SEE FIGHTS ENTIRE MOOBIE

Honestly none of you deserved to be satisfied as far as I'm concerned. This is coming from someone who's been a Godzilla fan for 12 years. Movie wasn't a masterpiece but the director cared about the character and did his best with what the writers came up with.

>someone is shitting up the board
Business as usual

That's because it is. It's a love letter to the Godzilla series so eat my dick, faggot.

This movie doesn’t need 3D. See it on as big a screen as you can find. Size is more important that depth in this movie.

People who didn't like this movie aren't this dedicated. Anti-WB shill.

This guy sounds like an idiot. There were fights in all kinds of conditions.

Stop saying Jews. Shame on you, Farrakhan nigger.

I really wish James was just giving his thoughts without his fat fucking friends interrupting every 4 seconds.

>cumpani kant makes fake account 2 sell mobie with lies.
>No such thing ever happen

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

I was tricked into watching it by a thread that was posted before the movie was officially released. I'm just trying to warn people about wasting their money. I like the last Godzilla, and Kong was descent. Maybe if you weren't a complete fucking retard nigger you would understand that.

>fake account
>account
>4channel

You have to go back.

>thread before movie was released
>not taking it with a grain of salt
>"descent"

It's not my fault you're a nigger moron.

Could you be anymore of an obvious shill? Or are you the director?
>diarrhea out a movie with major characters from previous films
>"IT'S A LOVE LETTER, YA DINK!"

Name 5 better Godzilla fights. The action was literally better than PacRim. Also what about the trailer made you think this was going to be darker and more mature compared to 2014, in a post BvS year?

Attached: 1554096429284.png (446x435, 39K)

The post credit scene implies some revived Ghidorah or clone, doesn't it.

>Not even able to navigate a conversation

>Defending shills like a cuck
>TYPO!

lol k

I'm not sure if i'm more disappointed in you for wasting your time shitposting or everyone else for egging you on

Attached: 1496863441472.jpg (600x552, 196K)

We shouldn't need to support this for them to keep making sequels, the movies have fucking sucked and if they are too retarded to make an even semi entertaining movie then they don't deserve shit.

retarded execs think we need humans to relate to in a giant monster fight movie

>fight in Antarctica, fight in and over the ocean, fight in city

Yeah wow no variety there brainlet. Unless you're a daylightfag in which case this was already explained in the movie.

Also the love letter aspect was gone over many times in previous threads, which you didn't participate in since you never cared about the movie.

>You realize it's pretty obvious you're being paid to shill this garbage when you try to deflect your shillary onto someone who's not even shilling, don't you? I fucking hate disney too. And jews if we're getting right down to it. This movie still fucking sucks though, and I hope your studio loses a lot of money for making such a cool trailer and tricking me.

Sounds like something a shill would say

Pacific Rim honestly was shit for like 95% of the runtime, I have never gotten the circle jerk

I haven't watched 5 godzilla movies. You don't have to find something better to disprove that this was shit.

>Toho might continue making one shot oddball godzilla films.
Toho is already planning on making movies again in 2021.

>Could you be anymore of an obvious shill? Or are you the director?
Could you? I literally just got back from seeing it. This James faggot sounds like he's either retarded or just contrarian.

>sea monster

Fuck that other user. That movie is underrated as fuck. The characters in that movie were great.

Mods ban this chucklefuck puhlease

>Doesn't even like Godzilla
>Thinks people who do should give a fuck about his shitposting when only G fans cared about this movie

Good to know.

Captain gordon and his crew in final wars were cool though

Enjoy your stock footage and garbage fight I guess. Watched it as a kid and still thought it was crap. Nobody watches Godzilla for a heist drama.

Just because I haven't see every Godzilla film doesn't mean I didn't like the ones I watched. You also don't need to be a braindead fanboy to realize this movie wasn't good. The trailer looked phenomenal, the movie was garbage.
>
>"MODDDSSSS, SHUT HIM DOWN!!!"

liberal scumbag

I don't man, I've seen this flipped before.
Granted a lot of the times they never even watched the movie to begin with.
I think the issue is that a lot of people keep screaming "fact" along with implications of said posters on both sides so much that it hardly illustrates anyone's true opinion on the matter.

Fuck off you falseflagging little shit

If you actually enjoyed this movie, you might be mentally retarded. Why even spend the money when your so easily entertained you could probably have just sat at home and played with a piece of string?

Attached: 1559285164048.jpg (640x480, 38K)

There isn’t even a heist in the movie you dingus. It’s about a guy trying to find his brother who was lost at sea.

James is an autistic idiot who refuses to acknowledge any Godzilla film that is not made in Japan with a rubber suit

You can’t even explain in detail why you didn’t like it. You’re just repeating what critics say with vague generalities. Try harder shill.

>108 replies
>40 posters
I full heartily believe more than one person greatly disliked the movie, but something weird is going on here.
And by weird I mean, they aren't being subtle about it.

Nah, this movie was just garbage.

How many Godzilla films did you see?

>rampage
what? that trash with the rock?
are you serious?

Okay? So your whole point is that you've seen less than 5? Nigger just name a few fights then. Any. Which Godzilla movies DID you like that you've seen?

The first trailer was great but you notice it's flaws after several viewings. Final trailer was more on par with the film which I consider 7/10.

The guy you replied to literally called it a heist movie. I'm just quoting him for what he thought the movie was about. Again, if you like movies for the human characters then you do you. The movie wasn't good as a Godzilla film though and is considered a bad G film for the lackluster villain kaiju and the stock footage.

It's a literal shill but replies like are really funny so I stuck around.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. The post I replied to is the only one that mentioned the word heist. I don’t know if you’re the user I replied to or some other one, or if you think I’m a different user.

They didnt brag about it. Not even with that black lady boss. If anything, their appearance here are almost racist by leftist standard, because their race are completely irrelevant to the plot, just some military guys thats here to do their work and not shill their identity.
Shame Amanda Waller is already a skinny bitch in the Suicide Squar movies, otherwise the bald woman here can pull it off.

This. I dont get it, theres literally throwback after throwback of scenes from old Godzilla movie. Its a love letter to the campyness of that old era. They should have put these into promotional materials because its one of the film's strong points.

seeI'll expand on it though.

>Riddled with cliche tropes

Estranged family, a central character has to sacrifice their life for contrived dramatic scene, chaotic neutral villian redeems themself with self-sacrifice, etc.

>awkward jokes

I feel like you're mentally stunted if you didn't notice no one in your theater laughing at I record everything, did you say gonorrhea. Thank god I can't remember the other ones.

>Gidorah CGI looks like shit

This is pretty straight forward.

>Kid character was pointless

This can be lumped in with tropes, but everything she did could have just as easily have been done by the mom. It's obvious she was there to get stranger things fans asses in the seats.

>People surviving explosions without a scratch

So when a house is completely destroyed by a giant monster people don't usually survive by getting in the bathtub. They definitely don't make it out without a scratch. And why did she stop breathing and start breathing again for no reason?

The best thing was the fight at the end. It's a shame that it only lasted 15 minutes. I hope that helps. I'm just happy knowing this thread saved someone some money :)

Attached: 1558250278293.jpg (331x334, 18K)

>original user says sea monster is good
>other user says it isnt
>he explains why and mentions that he thinks it's good and one reason why is that it's a "heist film as well as a godzilla movie"
>you respond saying fuck that other user and that it's good
>i use information from his responses to reply to yours

Having a surviving daughter after she lost her son is what triggered her decisions regarding trying to fix the world in her own fucked up, misguided way. If she didn’t have any surviving children she wouldn’t have done a single thing. The daughter character is very essential to the plot.

Oh shite my bad user, I’ve been skipping around this thread so I didn’t read his summary. I don’t know if I’d call stealing a boat a heist, but that’s not the point anyways.

There were a lot of themes in this film I was not expecting. Ishiro basically forgiving Godzilla and wanting to revive him can be taken as a lot of different interpretations but I wouldn't be surprised if it was acceptance of nuclear energy in its necessity to our relationship with it.

Tropes are a fair criticism.

>awkward jokes
The majority of them were acceptable. Only the Gonorrhea and the God...Zilla jokes stuck out as unbearable. Heard people in the theater laughing at other jokes and another user in this thread mentioned that his theater laughed at them too. Your personal anecdote doesn't mean the humor wasn't accepted by audiences for the most part.

>ghidorah cgi

In comparison to what? It looked on par with Smaug.

>MBB was pointless

Nobody cares. Everyone was worried she would ruin the movie with her shitty acting.

>People surviving explosions without a scratch

Legitimate critique. Thought about this during the movie.

I am not going to pretend the free is film of flaws and I want to see the full version that was edited down to the theatrical runtime, but holy shit are its faults overtly exaggerated. It has themes, its not hard to understand, and it pokes fun at itself whenever things get too seriously. Honestly right around the time we're leaving Antartica is where the biggest faults show up and go away, such as the color palette not allowing a decent understanding of what is happening. I won't even touch the complaint of motivations because shit is explained right after and it was never once difficult to comprehend the allegiances. The movie actually has some subtext and I feel critics actually took turning their brain off as too literally.

>Missed the part that made Godzilla 2014 good

Attached: bb.gif (480x270, 79K)

How the fuck do you follow up Ghidorah with anybody but Destroyah or the Mecha variants? But I'm excited, I guess. I never thought I'd get to live a chance to see the rematch. Suffice to say, pretending they won't be allies by the end is silly.

Why is he so ugly?

I'm so much more hyped for Godzilla and Kong fighting with modern big production values than getting another Ghidorah rehash that turned out as disappointing as expected.

I only have 2 complaints really, first being the movie did drag at times. Second reason is that even during the monster fight scenes the majority of screen time was still given to the humans running around freaking out. I legit do not understand how so many "critics" are saying there was too much monster, not enough human.

You could have replaced Bryan Cranston's character with a sock puppet and Godzilla 2014 would still be considerably better than KOTM.

>Let down
KOTM was pure greatness only surpassed by Godzilla 1998.

Suppose that's fair. Really hope they take this to introduce other kaijus. Come on, Megalon redemption.

That’s what I find really strange. A lot of critics shared complaints that just didn’t turn out to be true. I find it fishy that they all said the same things. Two common ones were “too much monsters” and “confusing story”. I don’t wanna cry shills, but it’s fucking weird that they all repeated the same straight up factually incorrect criticisms. I think they just wanted hate clicks.

>136 posts
>46 posters
To the one or two anti-kotm shills in this thread: Why do you hate it so?
If you aren't being paid, this is some serious autism.
And saying Godzilla(2014) was better than kotm is literal bait that no one actually believes.
Godzilla did somewhat well then because people hadn't had a hollywood Godzilla movie since 1998.

When I saw the trailer and the shit casting and especially that used up underage sex toy as the lead I immediately decided to pass.

Mothra is fucking UGLY

I saw one guy talk about the post-credit scene as if it teased something about GvK. It didn't. It showed Ghidorah's head that was bitten off by Godzilla earlier in the movie being bought by Tywin.

>all these horror directors doing Godzilla movies
holy fuck can you imagine how spooky this scene will be youtube.com/watch?v=PExqntlwppE

seeCalling me a disney shill twenty times only gave me more motivation. And yes, Godzilla 2014 was leaps and bounds better than this. I've also never experienced a movie with such deafening sound. I expected the sound quality to be good, but it was actually so loud it was distracting.

It sounds like some reviewers didn’t actually see the movie.

Not with that attitude

Either that or they didn't stay for the end credits scene and just lied.
The image we see prior to the rolling of the end credits is a cave painting of godzilla fighting kong.
The godzilla vs kong """""tease""""" is at the end of the news clipping montage.

This fucking sucks. I love Kaiju flicks. I keep hearing this movie isn’t worth seeing & ive been hype since the Clair de lune trailer. Should be criminal to have epic trailers and shit movies

>more Godzilla(2014) bait
stop
How many posts have you made in this thread? 50? 60?

Some believe that's a red herring, and that Destroyah will somehow spawn from that severed head

I tried to voice my opinion last night and people just called me a retard.

Now that people have actually had a chance to see this movie, shills cannot hide the fact that it is a pure steaming pile of shit.

Fuck the people trying to shill this garbage, genuinely one of the most disappointing movies I have ever seen.

Attached: 1513528395859.png (500x489, 118K)

Should have been 2 hours of godzilla and mothra going on cute kaiju dates with ghidorah trying to ruin the mood only to accidentally produce the opposite effect.

My problem was they kept CUTTING TO THE FUCKING HUMANS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIGHT SCENES. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THESE SHITTY CHARACTERS HOLY FUCKING SHIT. AND FUCK THAT STUPID SCIENTIST MOTHERFUCKER WHO KEPT MAKING LE FUNNY MAYMAY XD JOKES HAHAHAHA OH MY GOD... ZILLA

ALSO WHY DID THE HUMANS HAVE TO NARRATE THE ENTIRE FUCKING MOVIE. IT WAS OBVIOUS WHAT WAS FUCKING HAPPENING.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I FUCKING HATE THIS FILM

>no response

figured as much. fuck off you shitposting cunt

It's pretty fucking bad and I've made a commitment not to watch anything Yea Forums shills so that's probably on me.

KSI was pretty neat aside from the main leads.

Do we like Uprising now?

youtube.com/watch?v=1qYVJgixc3U
youtube.com/watch?v=4KkCEjawUHM
youtube.com/watch?v=DtV4RnADOeA

Which one should I trust?

Attached: screenshot.jpg (338x336, 29K)

It won't be better than BvS

Almost perfect giant monster flick, your opinion

Actually under rated.
At least the monsters in these films have a consistent size, not like in Godzilla where they get larger and smaller between each scene.

this. wtf were they thinking about the quippy guy, he's just annoying

the qt chink saved this movie

It was the best American Godzilla ever made, and if we are going to have one that pays proper homage to its japanese counterpart it's this movie.

Yes the human parts were bad, but of all the other like 26 godzilla movies it sure wasnt. Go watch Godzilla final wars if you disagree. Also, the kaiju fighting was just hands down among the best I've seen. The battle scenes looked incredible and it's the best ghidorah I have seen. So many tributes to the 1954 Godzilla as well.

There were little things of course like the weirdly (((diverse))) army unit, the gender fluid child, the feminazi mom, and how EVERY soldier in Monarch was white. In particular I dont like how godzilla has facial expressions, and like cares about certain humans. Godzilla should never even understand what a human is, he's a force of nature. It's not that he looks down on us, it's that a god is simply oblivious to our existence and we are the ones that anothropomorphisize him. And the idea that the kaiju are healing the planet but also fighting for ghidorah didnt work. This was clearly the American culture influence on our movie, these days I just cant expect any different unfortunately.

Ultimately you can make a fair argument that this movie sucked, but if you make it, you've gotta concede that every Godzilla movie sucked, with the possible exception of the 1954 one which still holds strong. As a fan of the japanese films, there were things I didn't like about THIS Godzilla, but every fucking Godzilla is a little bit different. This one clearly happens to be geared towards kids and a future toy line.

I think at 39 it's time to just throw in the hat on Godzilla, Shin Godzilla and a couple others could be argued to have been the adult ones, but this is no Shin Godzilla (thankfully, in some respects).

This multiverse movie hell that hollywood has invented for me sure has made me learn to love netflix.

Attached: Godzilla_The_Planet_Eater_-_Official_poster.jpg (985x1393, 325K)

I actually like the 2014 movie better. The final battle vs MUTO had a lot of impact too.

As someone who just saw the movie yesterday, the right one.

Independence Day x Godzilla crossover when?

>Yes the human parts were bad

I didn't even found the human part bad. On the contrary, a depressed mom who turned to eco-terrorism so that she can justify that her son died for something made for a pretty intruging human antagonist. A million times better than 90% of the old Godzilla movies.

As someone who saw the movie two days ago, the left one.

Obviously middle ground.

why is millie bobby brown in this?

Aren't practical effects the main reason the fans like Godzilla? Who gives a shit if a normalfag version turned out to be mediocre?

Same reason they had Cranston in 2014.

but people have actually watched breaking bad, no one cares about stranger danger

The people who made the movie are retarded.

explains why mothra is so fucking ugly

>They should have put these into promotional materials because its one of the film's strong points.
What the fuck, any other news from the bizarro world?
You are aware that less than 0.1% of the potential audience would get those things? And most of those who didn't would just be confused instead of hyped.
You guys seem to be under this weird, delusional impression that Godzilla is anything other than niche. Excessive pandering to diehards, instead of making a GOOD MOVIE with Godzilla in it is what sunk this project.

I'll give you that. Also, for as much as I hated that mom character, the movie treated her the way we all felt; called her a bitch and then killed her. That's why I say the diversity was really odd feeling... it almost was like they felt they had to put it in, but was just done as an afterthought.

That's because they didn't.
Everybody is memeing on tht VA review, for saying you can't just have a movie solely about monsters.
That quote is taken out of context.
They liked the action, but since no one will ever make a movie like that, the majority of the runtime that follows humans should be at least decent.
They didn't Bitch about there being too much monsters, they hitched about the script being shit.

You’re not very well acquainted with the genre are you?