You think this show will be good again now that Trey has divorced the stripper coalburner?

you think this show will be good again now that Trey has divorced the stripper coalburner?
probably not

Attached: south_park.jpg (1296x730, 133K)

SP has been utter shit since 2006. Deal with it.

sure as hell won't watch it to find out

I'm watching it right now to sleep

this show collapsed during the production of Team America: World Police and even the creators of the show admit this

Attached: hqdefault (6).jpg (480x360, 31K)

fuck off cartoons are for children

to the tune of the Ocarina of Time theme: Oh my nig and oh my god and oh my nigger god nigger nigger god nigg niggy god

nintendo games are for children

Attached: implying.jpg (760x1016, 189K)

Attached: czechem.png (293x335, 117K)

here

Attached: 1494291802449.jpg (750x1024, 123K)

Utterly and completely based.

why bateman kill batemen
wouldnt they fuck instead???

There can be only one.

They are just overly dramatic about making movies and pretend it's the end of the world every time

of course, but it really was the end that time. look at it objectively. it didnt happen quickly. but the juice was obviously reaching it's end by time "The Coon" came about, and no accusations of "cynical asshole" levied towards teenagers can absolve the sin of lazy, easy writing.

Team America came out in 2004 (which was season 8 of south park) and production probably started in 2002 or (more likely) 2003. The seasons around those years are to this day some of the best seasons of the show. So I think you're a bit incorrect in your assessment of when it collapsed.

movie production is a long process and the beginning stages are the most fun and interesting part. the episode about cough syrup was literally dedicated to their lack of ideas and their (albeit successful) attempts at salvaging the show.

Yeah but my point is that the show didn't start going to shit until years after Team America came out. As you say in this post
"The Coon" seemed to be a turning point in the series, and that came out in 2009, 5 years after Team America.

alright i get you but my point is that it couldnt possibly last forever. compare and contrast the later seasons with their desire to break into broadway with "The Book of Mormon"
they only BARELY saved the show; everything after the episode about hawaii was built purely on brand recognition.

They always said they would milk the show until it dries up

they're old fogeys still making jokes about balls. it was always going to end up weird even if Trey didn't marry the hewa.

I'm not denying that it went to shit. It absolutely did. I just disagree with you on when, and why - although I can't say for sure as to why it did, the quality started falling off after season 12-13, and then when season 18 came out it jumped off a fucking cliff.

I can agree it was around The Coon that the show changed a lot. Once they started ruining old jokes to make stupid plots later on, they lost me.
>whoa Kenny dying is totally a super power!
>Dude Cartman didn't just kill Scott Tenorman's dad, he was his dad too!

eh i try to look at things objectively as a zoomer.
i find that many "The Simpsons" episodes considered "Zombie Simpsons" appealed to me as a kid (like the episode about 'Angry Dad' or the robot battle episode), while others very clearly did not (mainly the episode about the baseball guy and his bitch problems and the tow truck guy)

The last episode I saw was half an hour of people in an old folks home farting. And I thought I'm never watching South Park again.

they tried to "keep up" with a society that didnt want to be "kept up" with. their show was built on long-accumulated cultural references (janet reno in like 1999????) and once the well truly ran dry all they had to run on was the repugnant fumes of millennial late-2000's/early-2010's culture.

How are the ratings for it nowadays?

The writing for the show has gotten a bit incestuous and generally lower-quality over time, but still watchable. Then 2016 happened... Actually, let's pretend it didn't. Since then, it's been real rocky, half the episodes are fine to kill time with, the other half are boring outright.

Honestly, I think the show could save itself if it were willing to dive into contemporary internet culture, but the creators are lolbertarians that aren't familiar with it themselves, and even if they were in the loop corporate would censor anything too good. Sucks.

what a fucking cuckold.

Attached: 1475197523768.jpg (640x640, 129K)

Sneed Chuck

I actually have hope that they come to terms with the fact that the show has become shit and get back to the old concept

That shit episode was terrible and I genuinely don't understand how people enjoy it.

comedy typically ages like milk, requiring constant new blood and new approaches — I thought the first few seasons of SP were hilarious when they were new — but I can’t even sit through the shit now, I’m not sure if it’s because the shitheads who make it are less talented or because times have changed and different things are funny — plus, they’re a part of the establishment now, which makes it harder for them to make fun of themselves

>comedy typically ages like milk
i'm dumb, but i still find the first 16 seasons of SP funny. even the movie. it's their new conception of how to make jokes that makes it unfunny. bringing back self contained episodes would be one step in the right direction, and not trying to be so fucking political and full of references to what's happening atm

oh dear

Isn't the show ending next season?

All the shit and fart jokes are really going to age the series. In fact they already have.

I like jokes about sex and drugs and stuff but I don't want to be reminded of shitting and farting. It's not funny. It never has been. That should be confined to the bathroom.

Are you being ironic?

kys normie

It's normies that like fart jokes. KYS.

oof

Attached: TreyParkersWifesSon.jpg (590x590, 320K)