Why had our boy Viggo had such a lackluster career since LOTR?

Why had our boy Viggo had such a lackluster career since LOTR?

Attached: 1550296836543.jpg (3600x3600, 1.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WokcHt5UQ-M
youtube.com/watch?v=f5AbAZpDMY0
youtube.com/watch?v=6E4TOHGO0Ms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Could say the same for the others

he knew it could never be topped, so why bother?

I wonder if he said anything that offended anyone?

Attached: 🏳️‍🌈⃠.webm (800x800, 2.46M)

His film won best picture oscar

He doesn't suck the left wing dick so hollywood don't like him. Happens to lots of actors.

He made the ultimate anti-satan kino in history.

Not Orlando Bloom, Sean Bean and Ian McKellen

He picks shit he's interested in.

He's more of an artfag, same with most of the original LOTR cast. The movie had some known names but they were mostly "those guys", not Hollywood darlings. Viggo's the same and he's a top lad if you ask me.

>Hidalgo
>Eastern Promises
>Apaloosa
>A History of Violence
>Captain Fantastic
>The Green Book

He returned to making smaller, lesser known films. Lord of the Rings just happened to be a metric fuckhuge blockbuster of which he wasn't even originally a part. Do not disrespect this man.

>lackluster
>put in oscar worthy performances in 9 movies since the last lotr
and yes before you ask here is the list:
Appaloosa
Good
The Road
Eastern Promises
A History of Violence
Captain Fantastic
Green Book
On the Road
The Two Faces of January

What are you talking about? He had and still has a very solid career. He's always seemed very smart and reserved to me so that's probably the reason why he's not in huge, blockbuster-type movies but he works regularly and he's in good movies. He was nominated for an Oscar both this year and in 2017.

Kinos he's been in since LotR:
>A History of Violence
>Eastern Promises
>The Road
>A Dangerous Method
>Captain Fantastic
>Green Book

>a history of violence
>eastern promises
>the road

based and hivemindpilled

Attached: 62028.Viggo_Mortensen.Eastern_Promises.748x421.jpg (750x425, 229K)

This. Who can blame him.

Attached: annalise-basso-teen-vogue-young-hollywood-.jpg (1117x1600, 315K)

The more pressing question is HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? How does exactly 0% of the fathers looks cross over to the son. And the mother isn't ugly either so it's just mind boggling.

Attached: 05fdfdd3-b801-48cf-b923-1a13e1550209-1020x612.jpg (700x420, 35K)

what? the only thing he makes are kinos. not a single donkey in any of his filmography.

Do you think that fucking matters? black panther was nomed for best picture

Those are all overrated dogshit
reddit
reddit
ian mckellen was famous before lotr
orlando bloom has fuck all besides hobbit

>The Road
I've been looking for kino with this feel for a long time, any recommendations?

He’s more to the left than democrats.

>a pffft ththtfppfpft thftt poopy wow fpfpft reddit fftpfptpfpt wow reddy reddit ththtpdpt!
You're so fucking stupid it's painful

Because he wanted a break, and then he went back to doing what he always did. Wait for good scripts as opposed to good markets, paydays, or exposure for its own sake.

ah so you just wanted a reason to be cunty and argue with people. you can do that then im out.

Pirates of Caribbean

>retard OP thinks an actor is not successful if he's not in capeshit
He's had a pretty solid career.

Eastern Promises and A History of Violence are better than LOTR and he gave better performances in them than in LOTR.

Because thanks to the success of LotR he, much like the others, have Fuck You money now, and he can pick and choose what roles he wants to do. He's got some discerning taste, and I appreciate that. Fucking Monaghan used his money to produce a show for the BBC where he travels around the world LARPing as Steve Irwin.

why? that movie was exhausting. not bad but just utterly hopeless.
>mfw the cellar scene

Attached: 1532182258013.png (656x576, 523K)

History of Violence and Eastern Promises were good

He was in one of the best films of the 2010s, Jauja

Imagine being buddies with Keanu and Viggo.

I am friends with both of them

How much money did the Fellowship even get? Do they get royalties?

The only way these actors would have had Fuck You money from LOTR is if royalties were negotiated in their contracts. Is that the case? If I remember correctly, all three movies were shot simultaneously, before it was any guarantee it would be the next big thing in Hollywood. Maybe Viggo was just a conservative actor who didn't chase the celebrity limelight prior to LOTR. Also have to remember he was pulled in last second because the original Aragorn backed out/got injured/whatever.

Threads I guess if you’re looking for blackpill kino

there are not a lot of those kinds of movies made since studios wont greenlight it.
i like the post apocalyptic world of The Book of Eli but the story is not even close to as good.

Who is this semen demon?

you're overestimating if you think he has fuck you money from lotr. they all immediately signed 3 movie contracts and they were all not very famous or successful actors (other than maybe Bean and McKellen) when they signed. there's no way he netted enough money from LotR to retire for good. he got decent money but not RDJ level money

Have you considered The Rover?

if you're looking for depression-kino, Requiem for a Dream or The Hunt are my recommendations.

y-yeah just imagine ;_;

Attached: lord of the rings cast.jpg (1280x853, 258K)

DON'T LIE TO ME!

late 90s/early 2000s fashion was really bad

fucking hell how does this hivemind even happen...

Attached: 1541717781494.jpg (633x640, 51K)

kys you have such bland basic bitch wannabe patrician taste

you think anyone gives a shit about him or do you think they are paying johnny depp actual money to be in sequels f

fat

i saw this when it came out. he speaks danish in it.

you are dumber than hell

Attached: MV5BMjA5OTAwOTYzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDQ4MDE0NDE@._V1_.jpg (509x755, 96K)

>there's no way he netted enough money from LotR to retire for good
Not everyone has a dozen mansions, private islands and yachts and shit. I don't know what's Viggo's situation, but I bet he's living pretty normal-tier in regards of home and cars.

Ivanovo Detstvo

They are right though none of the lotr actors made "bank" the weinsteins produced those movies and they had bloated budgets and reshooting for production not to pay actors 10-20 mil each

look at that pale milk

Was viggo the most chad looking in The Perfect Murder?

Attached: 232472.jpg (850x681, 117K)

What they're wearing isn't that bad, just general casual.

Annalise Basso

Attached: annalisse-basso-at-10th-annual-women-in-film-pre-oscar-party-in-los-angeles-02-24-2017_5.jpg (1200x1800, 301K)

get a trip so i can filter you

>he speaks danish in it
He's also done movies in Spanish and French.

I rarely post on this capeshit board, glad i triggered you pleb, it means i was right

can't believe somebody made this

History of Violence isn't very good.

Thanks anons. I'll take a while to watch them if they're as exhausting as the road as said but i just love that blackpill feel, especially coming out of it after a few days.

Is a History of Violence Kino guys? I have been wanting to watch it.

Stop posting my future wife.

Attached: 1535112112288.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

They look exactly alike except the one on the right isn't on HGH and roids.

>3 movies
>10 mil each
With $30 million, I could live extremely comfortably.

ayy lmao

He didn't make 10 million each probably.

How will you seduce her?

Watch the opening scene. You'll be hooked. This sense of tension and unease carries throughout.

youtube.com/watch?v=WokcHt5UQ-M

It's decent and the poster is fucking cool. It's not amazing by any means but if you're bored on your day off you won't be disappointed with a solid 6-7 out of 10.

I'm not lying

what are you talking about nigger. their facial features are completely different. and was Viggo always on HGH and roids because he was always good looking. and you don't have to be on HGH and roids to not be fat so his son has no excuse

Changing goalposts lmao

You're 14 aren't you?

youtube.com/watch?v=f5AbAZpDMY0
>watching this masterpiece
>heavenly music
>godly lightning
>top tier acting
>scroll down to read the comments
>"imagine the smell"
IS NOTHING SACRED?

JFC you just know Viggo had his way with her

Attached: big-jb21-oct-16-2012-god-i-wish-that-were-1703367.png (500x669, 135K)

You're obese and wearing a fedora, aren't you? You're an insufferable cunt by the way.

You are right, it's great. Cronenberg can do no wrong.

i still found it hilarious they had the tallest guy playing the 2nd shortest race (dwarf)

the angles they had to take in the movie along with greenscreen mustve been a logistical nightmare

it's a trilby actually

Of course. Who do you think is behind her in this webm.

Attached: 1553294485704.webm (1920x798, 2.94M)

sauce for this my friends

>i still found it hilarious they had the tallest guy playing the 2nd shortest race (dwarf)
And later they hired Richard Armitage (6'2") to play Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit

It was a short film, The Good Time Girls (2017) I believe.

Attached: Annalise_Basso3.jpg (1200x1680, 267K)

>imagine being ayy lmao-fu but a ginge to boot

Eastern Promises and History of Violence were both good.

ayylmao and gingers are the best, though. it's a winning combination.

Attached: annalise-basso-teen-vogue-young-hollywood-party-in-los-angeles-09-23-2016-1.jpg (1280x1923, 412K)

>I can't argue back so I will say reddit! Thats how you win on Yea Forums haha am I right guys?

Attached: tiredgunpoint.png (469x452, 277K)

which hobbit did mckellan fuck in the ass

It makes sense to get a Big Guy (tm) (though not a lanklet) to get the proportions right if you're going for the fantasy convention of dwarves being stout as fuck, and so they look right compared to the halflings

Reminder that based viggo is an argie and definitely white

everyone but sam most likely I feel he liked Elijah though

Viggo looks like hi mark guy

By 'lackluster' OP meant "why wasn't he in superhero movies?" because that's the only type of movie he watches

Name my band

The Tolkiens.

Attached: lord of the rings Sauron.webm (1024x427, 2.93M)

Orlando Bloom is so fucking aesthetic

>Danish-American actor Viggo Mortensen is ready to make his directorial debut.

>Falling is an intimate story about a son’s relationship with his ageing father. Mortensen also wrote the script and will star in the film about a man who lives with his MALE PARTNER and their adopted daughter in Southern California. The arrival of his father brings a collision between two different worlds. Further cast include Lance Henriksen and Sverrir Gudnason.

A History of Violence is one of the best movies made in the last 2 decades. it's also pure Cronen kino. Obviously a pleb started this thread.

a ginger zendaya

Genes combine in unpredictable ways

>Viggo doesn't suck the left wing dick

Attached: 0.gif (5000x5000, 59K)

All fashion trends are bad eventually. Dont follow trends, you woman. Wear what's affordable and useful.

It'll be back

The fellowship of the ring

>tfw your son is quentin tarantino

He was always an artsy fag. The only reason he did a blockbuster like LOTR was because of his son.

What about
>A History of Violence
>Eastern Promises
>The Road
Those are just the ones I know off of. They may not be huge box office hits but they were good films.

The War Zone.

Not similar in plot but it’s brutally depressing.

>The War Zone.

Absolute kino.

Attached: the war zone ray winstone.webm (1280x720, 1.33M)

Supposedly he got drunk at a party and called Spielberg a filthy Jew back in 2008 and it tanked his career.

thats why you don't spoil your kid

He's always given me BI vibes. Not surprised he wrote a gay story for his directorial debut. I believe he fucked twink Orlando when filming LOTR

Attached: 1b891234822e129a9ae1fbae9440e914.jpg (339x404, 21K)

She has the face of a prepubescent boy from the 90's

stop i can only get so hard

Where did you hear this?

kino

In the end aren't we all bi for viggo and bloom?

Attached: 1514732250856.jpg (1080x1350, 115K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6E4TOHGO0Ms

Attached: keira knightley.webm (720x686, 2.98M)

FUCK GIVE MY GINGER PUSSY

How does one acquire a qt ginger gf?

Attached: 1386081539383.png (900x900, 77K)

yes when they were younger. now he looks like my lesbian aunt

Attached: 635992602223025673-AFP-551992117.jpg (3515x2344, 465K)

Very unfortunate picture. Is he a smoker?

ok retard

he looks just like the ugly mother

Attached: vigwife.jpg (596x400, 55K)

>those gums
yes

he looks like Tarantino

seething

becayse he made a shit ton of money and didnt waste it , he can now be picky and only do indie movies and theatre he want. instead of all the junkie boomer and talentless capeshit axtor

mmhmm. though he always looked weird from certain angles and lighting and whatnot. lots of people with intense features walk the line between weird looking and striking.
true but she was great in X

he was cucked

um, i can see her nipple

Very true. It would't have been a terrible pic he had a different hairstyle, and wasn't caught mid smile.

Viggo is probably the best example of an actor choosing their work based entirely on if he likes the project. Man's based as fuck, and has done a fair amount of good films

That’s not a nipple.

>muh American politics
Dumb mutt