GODZILLA KOTM IS BOMBING EVERYWHERE

Godzilla vs kong is the last monster verse movie

Attached: F85D8EC3-556F-4AD2-8D04-D0A1C6AE205D.png (750x1334, 686K)

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-friday-box-office/
youtube.com/watch?v=R3X5yyWrosg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Bombing on the countries that made Jurassic World a million dollar movie.
OH NO NO NO NO NO, why doesn't Warner advertise overseas?

Bump. It's good to see when this shit flops.

Thank god. The endless shilling for this garbage was getting annoying.

why did they wait 5 years to make a sequel?

Everyone stopped caring a while ago.

>Everyone stopped caring a while ago.
Explain why Kong got 700.

because it wasnt't a godzilla flick

These numbers don't make a lick of sense. It's making 70 million in China and 50 million in the US. It can't be making only 10 million in all the other markets put together.

gonna watch it just for her :3

Attached: godzilla qt.jpg (720x864, 93K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA KAIJU FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it was a new king kong movie

Why are you disneyshills seething so hard?
collider.com/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-friday-box-office/

Cope harder

By your logic it's been years since the 2005 movie, so no one should care about Kong

are you implying these are good numbers?

>collider

oh that's right

Why is Yea Forums full of delusional retards like this?

Doesn't matter. It's not bombing at all. It's doing good and exceeding the studios expectations for it.

>gggo see endgame pls

Same as Black Panther, POC in lead roles make americans open their wallet.

Don't lie

>It's doing good and exceeding the studios expectations for it.

Attached: 1386305164772.gif (178x179, 2.99M)

>does better in domestic than it was predicted to do
>bad

Honestly, I'm fine with the Monsterverse ending with GvK. I just hope the final flick somehow finds a way to be likeable for both critics and audiences.
I just hope Deatroyah is the final enemy for both Kong and Godzilla to face. Would be a kino ending

2014 movie did 90 million and this is doing 50 million with a bigger budget. Take off the blinders faggot

>mfw capeshit fatigue is setting in and most marvel movies outside of GOTG post endgame are going to struggle to make 500mil
Such a breath of fresh air to see an Enjoyable movie like Godzilla King of the Monsters

Attached: 1499279692899.jpg (900x736, 90K)

>2014 movie did 90 million
And KOTM is projected for 130mil right now

I'm gonna NOT watch it because of her.

It's doing EXACTLY what it was predicted to you stupid fuck

Attached: Screenshot_20190426-214706_Chrome.jpg (1080x936, 417K)

it was predicted to make less than 2014 Godzilla, and so far it's true

can you fucking read. He just linked the opening weekend article for Godzilla kotm. It’s 40 million less OW domestically than 2014 movie

Overseas you fucking retard

And? Overseas loves it even more. KOTM is going to do fine, and will likely be the reason we see more of the Monsterverse after GvK

Cope harder faggot.

And? G2014 was the first Godzilla since G2000.

KOTM is doing better than expected, will have a great reception by the fans, and be the reason Legendary renews a contract with Toho and we see more Monsterverse after GvK. Deal with it.

If China saves this series, it will be the one and only time I find them based.

It’s not doing better than expected. Are you fucking high.

She was terrible. The only human characters I could tolerate were Ken Watanabeand Coach Eric Taylor

Attached: kyle chandler early edition.jpg (170x223, 17K)

Attached: 7D9E8B79-C6E3-465B-898D-4F5C52944B99.jpg (750x755, 192K)

Yes. yes it is.
>even despite (((critics))) shitting all over it it's going to be the #1 movie this weekend with bigger numbers than Kong Skull Island

who gives a shit? its done, they already made it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>enjoy film
>film does poorly at box office
>still enjoy film because sales don't impact content of film
Is this really that hard?

I'm honestly fascinated at how much of a roller coaster the critical and financial reception for KOTM has become. I admit this is the first time I've seen a movie go through something like this.

>Jurassic World will make 3x more than this by the end of its run

I want to die.

Attached: 58196016.png (600x596, 440K)

they do
people just don't care about these stupid monsters

You living in a another world without facts

>hiddleston
>larson
>POC lead roles

You mean the background extras? Retard

No shit it doesn't have any movie stars in it and looks like shit
Yea Forums always has the worst taste in fucking movies abysmal, /r/movies tier plebshit

What does this NPC consider a flop?

>local man shocked to discover that average retard will pay to see shit at the theater
This does not impact the quality of Kino of Monsters

No, Disney usually invests hundreds of millions in marketing and it usually pays off. Other studios haven't learned yet.

It didn't, it made 566m

same

You are living in a world where your bias outshadows any objective fact. Fuck off disneyshill. The Barometer for this movie is Kong Skull Island, the first movie that actually sets up the "Universe" for the film in depth with Monarch. KOTM is outperforming Kong Skull Island. Legendary will be happy with how this movie is doing as well as Toho. This will result in more movies within the Monsterverse. This movie will end up being considered a success come next weekend. Cope harder.

Because the evil white male was the only motherfucker with reason in the whole movie. And they exposed that you should never trust a woman’s logic. Also Godzilla wasn’t a mentality I’ll tranny with a butchered dick.

Kong skull island did 560 million. KOTM might do 400 million

Fuck off you kaiju shill

>they do
No they don't, Jurassic World had a lot of toy advertisements and shit on tv overseas, what did Godzilla had?

Oh the irony

Aladdin is bombing right now. Dumbo bombed, nutcracker bombed. etc

What is the technical term to describe people that live to hate on shit that they couldn't care less about just because they want to upset a stranger on the internet?

>KOTM might do 400
Watch it do more. Over seas and Domestic.

Aladdin bombed where ? The movie is a huge hit

Aladdin is not bombing though. It will easily make 800 million at the end of its run.

No but it impacts monsterkino after Godzilla vs. Kong

thats a girl?

>King Kong
>not the star of his own movie
Get the fuck out of here

>huge hit
>hasn't even hit 300 million yet
batb did 300 million it's opening couple days
it's bombing and might not even do 400 million worldwide, only got 11 million yesterday domestically

no it really wont now it's not gonna do 700 or 800

it's funny how any non disney movie would be called a "bomb" here if it cost 185 million and opened to 213 million, but not when disney does it, and the shills here are even admitting disney spends a lot more in advertising

Said it in another thread earlier but I just saw this and I was literally alone in a 500-seats room in a big French city. The experience was good but it was a bit sad

I thought GvK was always going to be the last movie?

Watch it do less when they lose imax screen next week

french are gay though, shittiest taste

You are equating popularity with quality, just think for a second about the shit you just wrote here and you'll notice how dumb you sound.

It is but I think there have been talks of Toho extending the contract that allows Legendary to continue making these movies if they do good financially.

And watch it be the reason Toho renews it's contract thus creating more movies like this. AKA A Success.

Aladdin did 115 million ow domestically and Godzilla will do 50 million

What the fuck are you talking about

Not bombing but not a huge hit by any stretch of the imagination, will end around 600 million and might turn a small profit but that's it
62% friday to friday drop is big

Has anyone noticed that a movie is projected to do well and then the Disney owned Rotten Tomatoes release their skewed reviews and the movie "underwhelms"?

Well they aren’t doing well

Did I say Godzilla is doing better?

Both are bombs. Aladdin is supposed to do over a billion and hasn't hit 300 million in over a week

Aladdin 600 million and kotm 400 million

Why does Aladdin with a 185 million dollar budget need a billion to make profit. I guess kong skull island is a disaster then

>if they do good financially.
which they aren't

It doesn't need a billion to make a profit but Disneys board of investers and Igor made the movie to make over a billion dollars. The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast numbers are what they wanted and expect of Aladdin, The Lion King and Little Mermaid. Things like dumbo flopped really bad.

FLOPZILLA AHAHAHAHAHAHA

faggot

Retard

BOMBZILLA

FLOPZILLA

>kotm 400 million
not even close

Yeah, but watch Toho extend the contract anyways only because they personally like the movies.

Is Will Smith still that popular? That shit had nothing going for it, weak by the numbers trailers, mild reception, soap opera acting, a downgrade in all aspects.

Looks like a 50 year old lesbian

You're the retard nigger it's flopping right now and looks like it wont hit 500 million worldwide. Won't hit 600 million at all.

FLOPZILLA

Capped

>all of those kaijufag countdown threads for THIS
OOOOH NONONONO
WAKE ME UP CAN’T WAKE UP

Do it and remember

It's not really Will Smith. He's had plenty of bombs in the past decade. It's a combination of nostalgia and how normies are programmed to see every single Disney live action release for fear of missing out.

Familiarity in film (Based off of franchise and themes), and not innovation, is what breeds success now for the most part.

only disney marvel ass bitch sjw comic fanboys online in this thread

so crack brain burned that think all movies need to make 1 Billion

they were warned so there's no one to blame but themselves

i wanna f*ck millie

I'm not programmed to see every one. I only enjoyed nutcracker and batb. Jungle book was bad, malficient was bad, dont care to see aladdin or even lion king really.
Depends who they cast for little mermaid for me to watch but it wont be good casting

It’s not even gonna do 500 million. U faggot

Honestly I'm content. We are getting a quadology of Hollywood budget Toho style Godzilla movies. I never thought I'd see something like this in my entire life. It's pure bliss.

Even if it and Godzilla Vs Kong bomb spectacularly, at the very least we could look forward to Toho going back to releasing yearly rubber costume films, and we will have these movies to add to the collection of Godzilla films

As a Kaiju fan, I'm happy

Attached: download (25).jpg (228x221, 8K)

its just another soul-less hollywood remake. wow come look at godzilla fight ghidorah, except redesigned by americans on really fancy hollywood computers.

Attached: wow its new.png (761x335, 532K)

no one said it had to make a billion you mental midget

just make double it's production budget which it will never do

Marvel Asslicker

I work at a theater and our 7pm showing for this last night had 27 people in a 269 seat auditorium. We don't have an IMAX or RPX but this is absolutely sad.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
godzilla movies are just shit all around
can't wait to pirate the 4K

FLOPZILLA KING OF THE BOMBS

You post on Yea Forums, you aren't the target demographic.

I only post here extremely rarely to call the people here incels and plebs it's okay, if someone was in it good i might have seen it

OH NO NO NO NO

delusional retard

that shows that american people are so brain dead they only want their ass shity marvel movies

Never Seen this much hate for a movie before. Really makes you think

seething gojira faggot, too bad your shit is bombing

Godzilla 2 had more epic scenes than that shit endgame bullshit we got.

Every country it’s like this but China and japan

if anything retards on Yea Forums not wanting to see your movie is an objective measure of success

Attached: 1552406544828.jpg (720x480, 154K)

Because of how cocky these kaiju faggots were before release and now it’s FLOPZILLA

and yet your piece of shit won't even make a quarter of what Endgame did

it's because we had the board invaded by kaiju shills spamming their shit movie all over the place

This. I'm content, and if anything all the redesigns of these classic monsters were pure kino. I can atleast thank the Monsterverse for that.

Dude endgame it’s at 2.7 billion. FLOPZILLA won’t 400 million. We’re talking about 7x less

I saw it lyesterday in Los Angeles. Maybe a dozen people at a 5:30pm screening. I enjoyed the Hell out of the film but all my friends disliked it.

>one or at most two threads
>an invasion

You fucking niggers don't know what a board invasion looks like, fucking newfags.

That was people generally excited about the movie don’t see anyone complaining about the constant GOT spam or Endgame spam strange.

i bet you go on Yea Forums and spout shit like katy perry, swift and kanye is good because she makes a lot of money and many people listen to her shit

>still not beating Avatar
megaflop kek

logic of idiots with no brain to think for themselves:
so much mone it must be good.

Endgame did 2,7, but was it better than Infinity War? No by far worst

>Flopzilla flops
>kaijucuck brings up Endgame for no reason at all

SUCCESS BREEDS JEALOUSY

Attached: 1463940736403.jpg (400x386, 25K)

Godzilla is garbage and a flop

Based Jim

the endgame spam is literally just DC fags and WB shills shitting on it, quite the opposite

>excited for the movie

they also seem to shit on anyone who dares to say it's a bad movie and has plenty of flaws, you deserve to get laughed at for being cocky assholes who didn't learned to sit down and be humble

FLOPZILLA

Really? The last jedi and beauty and the beast were hated on a ton by redditv

Only the critics

Faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=R3X5yyWrosg

>implying
Go into a thread right now and you'll find people pointing out a lot of flaws with the movie.
It wasn't perfect but if you honestly think it's a flop or that it deserves that 41% critic rating, you're going to be called a mouse shill because that's what you fucking sound like you massive thunder nigger.

avengers endgame and godzillashit and aladdin all deserve 40 percent at best

Neither Endgame nor Godzilla deserve 40
50 or 60 sure, I think that's about fair.

they dotn have any movies slated for after GvK so I doubt this matters at all as long as that is a good resolution

if even every single e-celeb thinks it's garbage then I guess it does deserve to flop and a 40% score

sorry boi

Endgame was massively shitty and bloated

Are box office threads off topic as they're actually /biz/?

Judging by the fact some movies need box office to continue as franchises. It’s relevent to this board

>feeling personally invested in how much money a movie you had nothing to do with makes

Yikes

you are either really fucking stupid or are doing a weak bait

They do. Jurassic movies are just on a different level. Kong Skull Island is the highest grossing movie in this monster verse and it made 566 million worldwide. Jurassic World 1 made 650 million domestically alone

If I judge it as a movie by itself, I agree it's bellow average, but just like it isn't fair to just KotM by itself without the history of kaiju films, it isn't fair to judge Endgame without the history of both the 20+ build up and more importantly, the history of the comics before that.
I honestly believe the best moment in that movie was Cap saying "Avengers assemble". If anything they should have found a way to slide in the entire original "and there came a day unlike any other" line.

All that said, while I think with Godzilla critics undervalue that, with Endgame they completely overvalued it. 50-60 percent is the right score for movies like capeshit or Godzilla.

Because King Kong is an AMERICAN monster.

t. Boomer

I made a conscious decision to not give a shit once I had seen they cast the girl from Stranger Things and it's flooded with minorities.

>King of the Monsters will make less money than Rampage

Attached: Litty Kaiju Kino.jpg (2200x1100, 354K)

Jews can't create, only appropriate and "innovate".

meant for
haha, you know us boomers and technology hehehe.

>Soulless

Just outted yourself as someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. They paid a lot of attention to detail with LOTS of little easter eggs for Godzilla fans to catch, they clearly had a lot of love and respect for the source material.

>One or two threads every once in a while
>An invasion
>Meanwhile 300 game of thrones threads, 200 marvel threads and 100 shitposting threads

Kill yourself

>Honestly, I'm fine with the Monsterverse ending with GvK
This is how it should have ended regardless. Going further than this is retarded

Have sex

Yes, and it was predicted to fail.
Why do you think the last two months were devoted to cringy WWE style tv-spots? It was a last ditch, desperate attempt to avoid those numbers.

The only regret is not getting stand alone movies for Rodan and Mothra, especially the latter.

>watch endgame
Watch endgame
>watch endgame
Watch endgame
>watch endgame
Watch endgame
>watch endgame
Watch endgame
>watch endgame
Watch endgame
>watch endgame
Watch endgame
>watch endgame
Watch endgame

Why is this place so obsessed with box office numbers

fuck off shill

Redditors don’t understand movies which require testosterone to do so. They need box office numbers to validate their hate of kino

Fuck you. If movie was doing well. These kaiju faggots would be spamming numbers

>t-they'd be shitposting

Nigger the kaijufags have stuck to one or two threads regardless.
Just fucking let it go.

Godzilla? more like FLOPZILLA

I’ve tried

WB, you are a joke. Letting Pacific Rim go because of this Shit-verse?? A terrible mistake. Stop making these, you're embarrassing yourselves. And next time you will really feel it - because if now Godzilla 2 is hardly making 100m domestic, Godzilla/Kong, which is the only possible concept on Earth that could be even DUMBER, will hardly make half of that.

Remember when Yea Forums backed another film that ended up bombing?

Watched it yesterday, it was shit
>20-25 min of fighting
>millie walks on foot from monarch base to boston stadium kek
>Chinese girl literally does nothing but recoil back from every explosion
>ancient art shows the existence of the titans, brought in half way into the movie
>the first 30 min felt like the pacing was on crack cocaine
>eco terror group shows up then goes away? Lets the mom go find her daughter? Why not hold on to her in case this goes wrong?

>movie does well
HAHAHAHA DISNEY BTFO ENDGAME FOR LIKE ENDFLOP WHO /godkino/ HERE
>movie does bad
Wow why is everyone s-s-o obsessed with numbers? I-it was still good... kinda...

I think it’s because kaijufags have made so many hype threads that it’s annoyed everyone else

It’s a bit odd coming here after a few months and see people fight battles over this Warner Bros. blockbuster for some reason

Not surprising. I went on Thursday night 7pm and the theater wasn't even half full.

jurassic world lives on chris pratt and jurassic park nostalgia, what is legendary godzilla going to live on? godzilla 98 nostalgia? nobody gives a fuck about any kind of japanese godzilla here

>Having ads
Low IQ mongoloids should be banned on sight.