I want to become a talented filmmaker and storyteller and help my shitty country's shitty film industry grow because I...

I want to become a talented filmmaker and storyteller and help my shitty country's shitty film industry grow because I see that as the only way we can retain our cultural independence and not become a spiritual colony of the US in this age of globalized information.

How do I do that?

Attached: 47213063_1607929802641031_2919739886174994432_n.jpg (700x933, 65K)

be jewish

unironically I love this and i hope you succeed user

as far as actual advice you need to get used to scrounging for money from arts and culture organizations in your region. think honestly about how what you're making will be received both by your community and the international film audience. shoot things with heart. don't be afraid to ask for help with tasks you're not an expert at (costuming, lighting, whatever). critically evaluate your work. seek mentors. get a group of people who believe in you and will promote what you're doing (get this by posting positively and consistently about your work on social media). find your style, apply to international festival, work the diversity angle. if you're not being accepted into festivals at this point it means your work isn't ready yet and you need more help/training. keep learning. ask for favors. use your work as commentary. make sure it's palatable to normies. film more. apply again. take every chance and shot you get and ride that up until you die or burn out

also admit that 99% of actors who read for your stuff will be awful

write a short, film it, do it again until it's good enough to be screened at a festival, do it again until it's good enough to win awards, direct commercials and music videos (preferaby commercials), do it again until you can direct your own feature film, etc...
what country btw?

If you have to ask, you're not gonna make it.

oh fuck off. he can ask for advice if he wants to

I have the same fucking dream.

No, retards like OP need to kill themselves.
>hurr durr, how do I do this extremely ambitious thing pls spoonfeed me
Do you know how incredibly difficult it is to become a director? The fact that making this thread would even cross OP's mind is all you need to know, to realize he's not going to come even remotely close to achieving his 'goal'.

Why you even wasting your time here. Just ignore him and hide thread you bitch ass.

Calling out retards is half the fun of posting here.

OP is not even responding to you lmao.

What does that have to do with anything, you retard? Why would I care whether or not OP responds?

How you called him out if he isn't bothering with your shit here ?

>when they claim summer Yea Forums isn’t real

But it's not holiday yet

:3

Travel a lot and meet many different people. It's the only way, no hermit writes a good book.

I'd like to say thats wrong

>cultural independence
This is one of the most toxic ideas in all of humanity. Culture is is a fucking meme and it's used to justify the most retarded ideas like wearing a burkah or mutilating a kids' genitals.
Fuck culture and fuck you

You have ideas like "women shouldn't wear burkah" and "we shouldn't mutilate kid's genitals" because you have ideas of how women and children should be treated due to culture. There's no standard set of behavior from which we can deviate, this thing you see as standard is just the cultural norms you grew up with. Retard.

Tolkien knew it well. Anything you could write would be shitty and shallow. Artificial experience doesn't equate to a life lived

What country?

>work the diversity angle
The only thing you said from that long postivity bullshit post that meant anything.

This >be jewish

Attached: media white genocide heroes.png (815x641, 734K)

>You have ideas like "women shouldn't wear burkah" and "we shouldn't mutilate kid's genitals" because the thing you see as standard is just the cultural norms you grew up with. Retard.

That's backwards thinking, you SJW freak. Crazy cults aren't a standard to reject from another culture, they're crazy everywhere.

Attached: religion choices.jpg (1691x1325, 556K)

Alright, give me your best story, faggot.

Writing a good story requires talent, no matter how much you travel, without talent you are getting nowhere

Nice try Rabbi, you'll have to buy The Great Gatsby like everyone else.
Without travel your talent won't be cultivated.

If you don't give me your best story next time you reply, I'll assume you're just being a baiting faggot

Lesbians in space. One of them is the splitting image of Barbara Palvin. The other is literally Rihanna. And then the twist is when Anya Taylor-Joy shows up and is also a lesbian.
They have lots of hardcore lesbian sex in skin-tight lycra and other fun outfits.
And then like, they get attacked by aliens or something so their clothes get really ripped and they get sweaty from killing all the aliens. But then Emma Stone shows up and uses her strap-on on each of them individually and they're too weak to fight back but also they secretly love it. And then they solve world peace.

Attached: 57801EF9-D2AF-448C-AF86-41A7E3D2419E.jpg (2250x2550, 428K)

They didn't fuck me so it's a 0/10 for me, absolute failure of a story and quite frankly you should jump off a cliff for writing it.

It's about a group of researchers and scientists stranded on an island for over a year after their ship wrecked near South America. After discovering that some of the group has been sabotaging their attempts to escape or find rescue it's revealed that more than half of the group wish to stay on the island, completely free of the responsibilities of society, and that the minority trying to leave would compromise this chance for them to vanish completely. Over the last year they quietly sabotaged any effort of rescue in order to cultivate their own society on the island, and have been keeping a few unhappy people there against their will or knowledge in order to preserve what they had built.

Careful, someone will post that infographic from moot that addresses the number of posts over summer. That'll show you.

If you don't dub foreign movies, then it's too late.

Mediocre

Despite the West's rapidly accelerating declination and our gradual transition into Clown World and everything that entails, we do live in the age of online video platforms and powerful pocket cameras with built-in effects. It's literally never been easier for anyone to make a movie. Star small and just keep going. Worst case scenario, you don't make it big but you still have tons of fun with your friends and maybe make a buck or two through views or something. Our dreams only die when we let them.

Attached: 1547748663561.png (1023x570, 139K)

>a synopsis should impress upon me the full quality of the entire book

I asked you to give me your best story and it was dogshit, now get out of my sight

It's not bad, but it needs a budget. You're thinking too big for a beginner, in my opinion. If you want my advice, take a look around, see what facilities/people/equipment etc are available to you at this very moment in time and try writing a script around them. Which isn't to say that you should stop working on the island project, just that you need to start smaller.

>I'm sorry, John

I, on the other hand, thought it was an interesting synopsis.

Keep it up, user. Let me know if there's any way I can learn more about your story.

>I, on the other hand, thought it was an interesting synopsis.
Yeah, but my opinion is objective

This is good editorial advice but I'm published. I can afford to just fuck around with stories all I want at this point.

The fuck are you doing here, then?! Go make your movie happen, dude!

I hate movies and working with Zionists, I'd honestly rather devote my life and resources to my other hobby. Writing was just to fund the material costs and future legal fees.

>cultural independence
You are a fucking retard.

>asking for advice
>on the dumbest board on this website
Yes, bound for success

This. Where are you from, OP?
Swear to god, if you're from my country, I'll track you down and kick your ass for talking shit about our film industry.