You hear that Godzilla creators?

James rolfe says WERE SICK OF THE FUCKING RAIN AT NIGHT.

Attached: Screenshot_20190601-040542_Firefox.jpg (458x548, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sjTIpSu7npE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cgi costs money motherfucker

Who is this and why should I care?

james rolfe; film currator known for calling the universal monster movies a "sausage fest", saying indiana jones is sexist and racist, and listing 3 stooges as racist back then and racist now

Attached: 1537731410976.gif (500x281, 853K)

An employee of Screenwave Media that makes guest appearances on their Cinemassacre channel on Youtube.

wtf I hate James now?

Then why are they wasting so much money on weather effects, rain and storms in every scene?

>calling the universal monster movies a "sausage fest"
He's right. Besides, I thought Yea Forums loved Mummy waifu from the 2017 film
>3 stooges as racist back then and racist now
He literally just said that anyone getting into 3 Stooges should be aware that there are some racial stereotypes that may offend some people, that's it

cringed

>Posts "cringed"
>is the actual cringe
Pottery

yikes!

>Reddit buzzword

seethe

He's right though. Everything being in the dark and in the rain gets old pretty fast.

Does anyone remember Pacific Rim: Uprising and how shitty the fucking CGI looked in broad daylight?

This
Why do people even care as long as action looks good?

Ghidorah literally causes category 6 hurricanes everywhere he goes

hollywood hates this

Attached: sunlight.gif (500x408, 1.87M)

No, it is a scam. Fans do it better for 1% of the cost

GODZILLAKEKS BTFO
YOUR HERO HATES THE MOVIE
now go watch Endgame

Night is cheaper. Rain, debris and wet reflections are expensive.

That entire movie was cheap looking garbage, it wasn't the weather's fault

If the fucking 2007 Transformers movie can have good CG without using night and and rain as a crutch, so can these movies.

No. Fanmade creatures are lower poly.

Every time a Godzilla movie is made in the US it always gets shit on.
Every time.

Attached: portrait-sad-peasant-deep-thoughts-450w-131862779.jpg (300x470, 30K)

Mechanical cg is easier than soft body dynamics. Skin and muscle is harder to animate.

He didn't even watch Ghostbusters 2016 which was very extremely sexist of him too

Remember the forest battle in Transformers 3 that looked awesome as fuck in broad daylight? Just because the sun is out doesn't mean you can't use shadows and the environment to help give your cgi some help.

yeah, i remember the same thing back in the 2014

Rain was cheaper in the 90's. They can be flat 2d composites. But with the 3d stuff, it's all volumetric particles. Same with dust clouds. 3d movies made cg even more expensive.

Then refer to Skull Island. Most of that movie took place in daylight.

And I am just (was) lurking enjoying the comical qrgument going nowhere

But it didn't know what kind of movie it was supposed to be. It didn't have the resonance of the 1954 movie and it didn't have the monster rallies of the later movies that made it fun. The director likened hiding Godzilla to hiding the shark in Jaws but the Godzilla wasn't the antagonist in G14 and he showed lots of Muto the antagonist kaiju. The director got his shit mixed up.

And '98
And Godzilla 2000

Same with Rampage. Even though it was dumber.

>known for calling the universal monster movies a "sausage fest"
Are you saying they're not? You some kinda homo? They needed more monster girls, man.

>too dark, too much rain

These seething fags said the same thing about the battle of winterfell.
Wheteher you hate it or love it, this is a gayass Criticism.
There are many justified critiques of this movie, but this is just a guy who cant admit he liked 90% of the film

Citation needed. Liok at the fan fixed trailer of Sonic

They had some day shots here. They weren't bad. Yph don't really alqays need them... especially when one of the monsters creates its own hurricanes. Plus things can look shit at night too. Even just people at night can look off.

>2007 Transformers movie can have good CG
Get.
Out.

Attached: facepalm trans small.jpg (200x152, 26K)

tf2007 has literally some of the best, most photorealistic cg ever done. you are clueless

Attached: Movie2007_Bonecrusher_attacks_Prime.jpg (770x326, 65K)

youtube.com/watch?v=sjTIpSu7npE

look at that its day time!

You forgot
>oscar nominated visuals

>photorealitic piles of scrap metal with shaky cam and jittery cinematography
Excuse me if I ignored that trash. They look like literal piles of trash being slammed into each other.

It's really weird. Usually I am an overly critical asshole about a movie and James and the yahoos with him are fine with everything in a movie. Here, I was pretty damn fine with the movie.

the point is that the quality of the cg work is good, while kotm looks like a netflix movie

He also hates CGI and think Godzilla made outside of Japan is not real Godzilla. He says this as Toho invests money in USA and Godzilla franchise expands and evolves. He doesn't get it.

Who else here likes the Japanese cartoon E-Vangellon?

Attached: Screenshot_20190601-065356_YouTube.jpg (800x589, 65K)

>Tony mentions the tallest building in the world
>calls it the Mia Khalifa building
>not the Burj Khalifa

Attached: 1558543397144.jpg (1200x1200, 187K)

Well I'd agree up until now, because finally America found a director who loves Godzilla and wants to do justice to Toho, as opposed to a twat like Edwards who thought his ideas were so much better and more sophisticated.

Before the review
>Who cares what (((critics))) say the only review that matters is cinemassacre's

After the review
>Who cares what James says

Amazing how you retards find new ways to be the most fucking pathetic pieces of shit on the planet

This part of the review was pathetic. This nobody fatso trying to downplay Anno.

too much slice of life.

I wish Frankensteins bride had more screen time. I love her so much.

AND I'M SICK OF THE ZERO EFFORT OVERLY REVIEWED BAD MOVIE REVIEWS.

This. Their little hero said he hated it, and now they scurry away like scared little cats.
Watch Endgame, incels. WB BTFO AGAIN

Attached: mikethecreeper.jpg (549x578, 47K)

>*ruins Cinemassacre*

*blocks your path*

Attached: heil on the fatties.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

What's with the fat guys with him now,

kek

Goddamn it I wished he'd do solo reviews, I don't want to look at or listen to these fat fucks. Not watching.

Gopnik Mike

Attached: mike matei.jpg (612x679, 51K)

Stud Mike

Attached: 1552469142105.jpg (512x512, 173K)

Devastated Mike

Attached: 1537722013269.jpg (771x1017, 387K)

Scary Mike

Attached: 1529844071185.jpg (900x1200, 207K)

manchild mike

Attached: 1553229217873.jpg (1536x2048, 438K)

IT'S RAING AND DARK BECAUSE THE MONSTERS DISRUPT THE FUCKING WEATHER SYSTEM WHILE IT'S ALSO MORE SCARY, SO SHUT YOUR FUCKING COCK HOLSTERS YOU DRIBBLING NIGGER FAGGOTS!!!FACT!!!

James is a beta loser.
Ryan is an entrepreneur and alpha.

Attached: James is a beta loser. Ryan is an entrepreneur and alpha..jpg (1300x800, 235K)

Fucking THIS

James is an idiot.

Did he say he hated it? James reviews everything like this, usually very calm in tone, and without gushing over shit like child.