Why is it underperforming at the box office?

Why is it underperforming at the box office?

Attached: D3Jam4PUYAEeQqU.jpg (815x1200, 264K)

>3 hours long
>no bathroom break

Fuck that shit.

>tony stark dies,
>gets replaced by Capt vagina as lead Avenger
Hard to see why exactly

Attached: 1497009882498.jpg (200x200, 5K)

>Cap Foot Fungus don't save Cap America from queer rehab.
Gee I wonder

>2nd highest all time
>underperforming

Attached: B3C384F1-5230-446D-9EDC-CCE3BE95D7EC.jpg (595x597, 152K)

If you aint first you're last!

Attached: ocsfdziukg801.png (400x400, 121K)

>If it's not flop, it's underperforming
Huh...

If I'm being completely honest?
A year out from IW people had time to reflect on what Thanos had done, and he wasn't nearly as condemned for it by fans as he was probably intended to be.
Even worse, they never actually beat that Thanos, their victory was against a completely different character, using time traveling plotlines that are never popular, to a point where they never truly defeated the ideology, never conquered that pure, albeit evil, but still pure dream of IW Thanos. They wrote around having to properly address that ideological debate, and as a result, the whole thing is phony to an extent.

>Even worse, they never actually beat that Thanos,
They killed him then undid his stupid incel plan, they beat him in everyway.

>muh 3 billion

Attached: image.png (1208x1498, 444K)

they didn't answer the question.
I suppose you just don't understand

>no bathroom break
If you fight the urge to stuff your face with popcorn and drink gallons of "diet" soda, you could watch a 3 hour movie with no problem.

Even if it beats Avatar its still kind of meh performance imo. They spent 10 years and 20 something movies building a massive following with big name actors and directors only to have it barely beat the first movie in an original series. I expected this to be the first 4-5 billion dollar movie.

Imagine being so brain dead you think the second highest grossing movie of all time is a flop

3 hours of waiting and the third act sucks ass. I expected at least 40 minutes of moments like Dr Strange vs Thanos/Iron Man vs Thanos/Captain with Mjolnir vs Thanos. All I got was a minute of Cap vs Thanos and then slow character moments that ruin the sense of scale of the battle and girl power scenes with a subtlety of a home intruder with a sledgehammer. No way I'm going for a rewatch. Too bad since Iron Man's death and his monologue at the end is something I wanna rewatch.

Unironically, it's too long for a movie for kids. Seriously, they expect kids will see it for three hours straight? All kids told their friends movie was long and boring.

honestly with inflation factored in it should have beaten Avatar easily
they should have cut out 30 minutes

I watched the LOTR movies as a kid just fine.

>I expected this to be the first 4-5 billion dollar movie.

What were you thinking? For a superhero movie that depends on 20 other movies to be understood to break even one billion defies logic, seriously. But all time number 2? That's insane.

I seriously thought RotK was NEVER going to end

I watched the extended versions back to back the first time. It was like 12 hours in total.

It's not underperforming, it just blew its load too early to beat Avatar for the title of Number 1.

Endgame gets every ticket sale it has from the fact that it's the end of a big ass story. It's the connection to IW and the previous films that brings people in. If you talk to anyone about the film, all they have is mild criticisms about it. The movie itself is lacklustre and isn't blowing the box office as hard as it could have if people actually liked it. Compared to IW, it's actually pretty shitty on its own merits.

>t. seething kaijushitter

oh no no no no no
ha ha ha ha ha ha

It would have been better if

>They didn't have the gay dating advice scene with Steve.
>they didn't have the cringe as fuck scene of the female characters teaming up, or at least had Spiderman take part in the charge
>Capt Marvel didn't exist at all

Attached: 135da40.jpg (509x250, 26K)

Why is skulloh mania such a madman?

>seething mouseshill upset when his arbitrary standards of success are flipped around on him

This

Godzilla KOTM was only 2 hours and 12 minutes and I had to take a Godzilla-sized piss afterwards. I am not seeing Endgame again until I can pause it.

Attached: 65392569.png (900x1000, 955K)

Are you 70?

the average moviegoer and MCU fan won't give a shit about any nuance like this

Absolute retard. everything but stark dying is correct...Capt was the leader in the comics dumbass.

That's because to most people, life is something holy and untouchable as it is. Killing=evil. Preventing killing=good, victory. They're not capable of thinking on more complex terms. And there's no real counter-argument against Thanos, as he was right all along. It's just a matter of his methods being too cruel.

This. Not even taking into account the fact that it would need at least 20 trillion to break even.

why don't you jump out of a window to improve humanity's quality of life then, Mr. Redpill?

This 1) Time travelling is ALWAYS a bad idea, unless it is the center of the plot. Otherwise it's literally always a cheap trick and a tension-killer, and comes off as an easy way out to unlock the corner the writers had written themselves in.
It should be a golden rule to never use time travel to solve a locked plot.

2) The final battle being against a different, less developed Thanos was a let-down. Not only was the character downgraded to a generic evil villain, but he gets shit on by pretty much every superhero he crosses (he loses against Cap Marvel, Cap America, Wanda, and gets killed twice by both Thor & Iron Man).
Him saying "I am inevitable" doesn't carry any weight in this context, the sequence in IW where he arrives in Wakanda and proceeds to unrelentingly stomp the Avengers one by one while walking inexorably towards Vision conveyed this feeling way better. Show, don't tell.

3) They should have addressed the year-long controversy that Thanos could have just doubled the Universe's resources, or that halving all life does not solve his problem because life will grow back to where it was before. There was a plot-hole there that could have been used to show Thanos as the Mad Titan he is supposed to be, and also not downgrade his character horribly. That's why I agree that
> They wrote around having to properly address that ideological debate, the whole thing is phony to an extent.

4) Overall, it's a much more straight-forward and less interesting movie. IW felt great because we being shown several story-lines skillfully intertwined and tying up together. It felt great following our heroes' different journeys and having them banding together at the end, and plot-wise, it was much more entertaining.
Endgame fails at that : part 1 undo the Snap, part 2 beat Thanos.
The big "Avengers Assemble" moment falls flat because of that, when Thor bursting in in Wakanda felt satisfying as FUCK because we had seen his journey leading him there.

Attached: pureasiankino.jpg (1384x2044, 1.07M)

LOTR is a good movie though

>12 hours in total.
Honestly, that's creepy even for an adult, nevermind for a kid.

use a cup you dumb shit. if you have to stand while you piss you can always do it in the door way