Who killed star wars?

Who killed star wars?

Attached: 1558625697387.jpg (754x661, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nhd1_9sIGzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Me

Disney, Rian Johnson

The ice age!

George.

Yea Forums

Based Rian

George Lucas. inb4 Prequelfags start a hissy fit

If Star Wars was alive and well after the Prequels, how come he sold it? How come the only Star Wars material released were shit for nerds like cartoons and video games?
The Prequels killed Star Wars in the eyes of the average person. So much so, George sold his baby, to what he called "white slavers".
Does that sound like a successful franchise to you?

Your mother did I believe...

youtube.com/watch?v=nhd1_9sIGzE

>t. zoomer who wishes he was a boomer
Star Wars was absolutely alive and well after the prequels. Shitting out movies every year isn't necessary for a franchise to be doing well. It was still a hugely popular brand.

It's own success and Lucas having too much unchallenged power when he's more supposed to be like a fountain of ideas, some of which are shit some of which are not. He needed talent that challenges his ideas and not yes-sayers who'd talk shit behind his back. Part of the problem was the fan cult and him being treated like a demi-god by gen-x basedboys.

>tfw disney are ACTUALLY white slavers

Attached: 1557528481846.png (896x791, 827K)

nigger, you stole my joke :/
*sigh*

Yeah she was a big girl, sir.

george did with the prequels in the dining room

>Star Wars was absolutely alive and well after the prequels
Really? Name one thing that wasn't a cartoon or video game that was released in the post Prequel era?
Even Star Trek had a TV show running. Stargate had direct to DVD movies.
Star Wars had cartoons for kids and cheap shit sold to nerds.

Red Letter Media and Alexandre O. Philippe (People vs George Lucas)

Darth Maul was legitimately cool as fuck. I dressed as him for Halloween.

Attached: medarthmaul(2).webm (640x480, 2.76M)

>Name one thing that wasn't a cartoon or video game that was released in the post Prequel era?
Can you fucking read?
>Shitting out movies every year isn't necessary for a franchise to be doing well.

this guy

ME
and i'm NOT gonna apologize for it

Why are you standing so far away from everyone else in your class? Did you have any friends?

Knights of the old Republic I and II, Jedi Outcast, and so on.

Ah, so you can't give examples of things that show its success. You just state that it is.
Prove that it was successful.
My evidence that it was not is the lack of material for a general audience. All that came out in the post Prequel era was specifically focused towards nerds and kids.

Exactly, why the fuck do you think I'm here.

>Really? Name one thing that wasn't a cartoon or video game that was released in the post OT era?
>Even Star Trek had a TV show running. Stargate had direct to DVD movies.
>Star Wars had cartoons for kids and cheap shit sold to nerds.

Wtf is that costume in the middle with the red overplate and like a dragon or a wolf on it? Next to the pikachu.

>If Star Wars was alive and well after the Prequels, how come he sold it?
Literally because of hack film critics and internet trolls. Genndy Wars and later TCW marketing campaign as a whole revitalized SW in the eyes of many fans.

Oh video games. Yes, that really shows how alive a franchise is. You can really tell a franchise is living when its pinnacle is selling off licenses to video game companies

i would've been your freind user

people who watch it and actually like nuwars and go to cons and stuff. they are okay with pure mediocrity.

Thats why u dress like darth maul cuz even in youth u know ur a bad boy outcast

JEWS

>:/
>*sigh*
I hope you get cancer

>All that came out in the post Prequel era was specifically focused towards nerds and kids
God you're fucking autistic.
Star Wars has never been a brand for general audiences, you goddamn retard. It's literally always been for nerds and kids.

>My evidence that it was not is the lack of material for a general audience. All that came out in the post Prequel era was specifically focused towards nerds and kids.
Jesus you really are a zoomer. I bet you think normies have always loved superheroes too.

The time after the prequels literally had the most content every being produced for Star Wars. I cant even list everything I dont want to type that much. Movies, video games, tv shows, toys, clothes, board games.

Star Wars never had a tv show during the first time gap either and was still relevant. Also the plans for several live actions shows were in process before Disney buy. George was crippled by indecision after the prequels too worried about everything might be hated.

I read an interesting book about the development of the cancelled Star Wars game 1313 and it was stated George would come every week and scrap the entire thing and redo it. Sometimes just phone call and say the story is now completely different delete everything.

>Star Wars has never been a brand for general audiences
Are you actually retarded? Or just incredibly young?
Star Wars was THE biggest blockbuster in the late 70s. Everyone saw it. Literally everyone. It was normie as fuck. The equivalent to the MCU today.

>normies
you're one of them faggot

>I read an interesting book about the development of the cancelled Star Wars game 1313 and it was stated George would come every week and scrap the entire thing and redo it. Sometimes just phone call and say the story is now completely different delete everything.
Haha, that was true for the Maul game too.
George came to visit the studio one day and saw a Darth Talon figurine on some artist's desk. He demanded that the change the story so that Maul and Talon are friends.
Talon was a Legacy character hundreds of years after Maul, so they had to scrap the entire story in order to make that fit.
They lost so much time the game got killed in the regime change

You'rea fuckin normie

I rest my case.

Attached: ouch bud.jpg (800x568, 100K)

The EU had its kino and shit moments

Attached: Emperorreborn.jpg (715x715, 246K)

I'm not saying you're everything wrong with Star Wars, but that attitude is. Star Wars was doing well in the sense that despite there being no new movies there still was a dedicated fanbase and in generated plenty of money. The whole idea of having like a triple A+ premium franchise and pump out movies every year is as retarded as Rolex trying to compete with Casio making some F91 knockoff for 1$ stores.

George. It hurts, but he's what lead us to where we are.
He made the prequels, which put a dent in the franchise and caused such backlash he said 'fuck it' and sold to Disney, who then went out of their way to do the opposite of the prequel and we end up with the shit we have now. It all goes back to the prequels.

If George had made Episode 1 half decent, then we might have avoided the path we're on. Episode 1 was the fork the in road that brought us to where we are.

This is like the ultimate normie picture

>Star Wars was THE biggest blockbuster in the late 70s. Everyone saw it. Literally everyone. It was normie as fuck. The equivalent to the MCU today.
You just exposed yourself as both a retard and a zoomer.

Attached: 1555037501330.jpg (960x882, 59K)

There were goddamn TONS of novels and comics produced during the PT/TCW era. But you're just a raging idiot who wants to be mad about something. Star Wars has never really been a franchise that branched out through TV or direct-to-video films. What films and tv shows were there during the OT? There were the Ewoks movies, Droids cartoon, the Ewok cartoon and that's about it until video games became a thing.

Attached: Katarn Thoughts.png (672x1864, 1.81M)

Reminder this thread only exists for the faggot zoomer op to shit on george for attention, move along.

generic "Ninja Warrior" costume.

>still was a dedicated fanbase
That's my point. Post-Prequels Star Wars was cut down to just the "dedicated fanbase" of nerds and kids.
You're too young to remember, obviously, but Star Wars was the biggest franchise of all time. Everyone saw them. If you asked in the 90s, "Do you like Star Wars?", the answer would be "Yeah no shit".
After the Prequels, asking that would mark you as a fucking nerd.

Also, Rolex still makes watches every day. Bad analogy, bro

How did he ever get away with calling Disney white slavers?

Yeah, Dark empire was and still popular

>The whole idea of having like a triple A+ premium franchise and pump out movies every year is as retarded as Rolex trying to compete with Casio making some F91 knockoff for 1$ stores.
This is exactly what is wrong with AAA game devs too. Yearly CoDs, yearly BFs, every year a new sports game that is the same as last year's but with an updated roster so you spend that $100+ on the game and all the DLC because you're a fucking idort.

>There were goddamn TONS of novels and comics produced during the PT/TCW era.
Which only reinforces my point that post PT, Star Wars was focused inward to sell to nerds.
All the post PT content was low investment shit focused towards already established mega-fans.

Rolex makes watches every day but afaik real ones are expensive and that's the point. If you'd get a Rolex from a dollar store it misses the point, it's a status symbol. The hype around Star Wars was partially there because there wasn't a movie every year, that's why Phantom Menance was such a big thing.

They'd be better off long term I think if they concentrated on making really good games and releasing them every 5 years or so. Half Life and Duke Nukem is the other side of the coin but even those would work if the games were actually good. If you just release luke warm bs every year you'll just dilute your brand.

For every Kyle Katarn there was a Kyp Durron

How's that an argument towards how the post-Prequels era was NOT focused on nerds and kids?

Kathleen get off the internet RIGHT NOW

Brainlet

It's an argument against the notion of there being a need for new movies constantly and the franchise being dead just because there isn't new content.

And your claim that that wasn't the focus during the OT eviscerates any sort of sense you were trying to make. Star Wars has predominantly been marketed towards children and nerds since its conception. You know what SW media we had back in the 70s/80s? The exact same shit that was being pushed during PT/TCW era. Books, comics, clothes, toys, games, etc.

>Star Wars has predominantly been marketed towards children and nerds since its conception
That's patently false. Merch was for nerds, yes, but Star Wars then was more than merch.

It's about time you admit that your only experience with Star Wars is the post PT era.

I was born in the 80s you condescending know nothing pretendaboomer. I lived and breathed Star Wars all throughout the 80s, 90s and 00s.

Then why the fuck are you insisting that Star Wars was a niche series for nerds?

kathleen kennedy

Holy shit, I've been telling you! Look, kids in my middle school were mercilessly bullied if they made the mistake of letting people know they liked star wars. One time a kid with a Star Wars backpack literally got sexually assaulted in the bathroom. Star Wars was a LIGHTNING ROD to tell people you were a weirdo.

George can do whatever he wants

It was and it wasn't. Every normie watched those movies, true. It wasn't normies though that bought Boba Fett books and what have you. Might be that everybody knows the films but the nerds laser focused on every fucking detail. I'd say you could ask normal people general stuff like who was Luke's father but the nerds are the ones that know the name of that fucking guy with the weird headset in Bespin and whatnot, despite only being one second in the movie.

In the 80s? You're fucking wrong. That's what it was like in the 2000s and the reason for that was the Prequels

>normie
youre one of them faggot

he has four billion dollars
do you have four billion dollars?

I wish I was. I might not be into Star Wars that hard but I'm not a normie by normie standards. Far from it.

>In the 80s? You're fucking wrong
it's a zoomer pretends to have a clue episode

>normie
you're one of them faggot

Holy crap that's how I know you're lying about your age. Back then it was a hard break. Star Wars was fine in Elementary school, but if you entered 6th grade and any of your peers got even a whiff of a hint that you had Star Wars toys you might as well put a big sign on your back that said "Please stick a broomstick up my asshole in the handicap bathroom between class periods".

fpbp

it was a different time

Kathleen Kennedy

She's done almost everything wrong possible

Because outside the surface level of the films it is. How many people have seen 1 or all SW movies? Most everyone I'd assume. How many of those people know who Kyle Katarn is? Or Gillad Palleon? Naga Sadow? Exar Kun? Darth Bane? Prince Xizor and the Black Sun? How many normies have heard of The Great Hyperspace War? Hell, how many people know what company makes Han's model of blaster? Or even what model his blaster is? See what I'm getting at? Star Wars was so much bigger than just the movies. The movies scratched the surface of this incredible universe that Lucas created. The nerd shit that literally only nerds consumed for the last 30/40 years is what set Star Wars apart and made it niche. The absolute depth of it is what drew in nerds and got them ostracized from normies. A normie will say the Falcon is their favorite ship because it's the fastest in the galaxy. A fucking nerd will rattle off all the technical specs like how its CEC quadlaser cannons are perfect for small light fighters like TIEs or how the ship is powered by a hodgepodge build of CEC, Incom, Kuat Drive Yards and Konesayr parts.

If you've only seen the movie(s) you're normiecore. If you've seen both trilogies multiple times, congratulations you're on your way. If you dove into the EU it made you an untouchable nerd. Video games were the only normie friendly EU material and even then it was on a game by game, kid to kid basis.

>is what set Star Wars apart
From what?
Sci-fi fans make fun of Star Wars because they're normie as fuck
If you go to an SFCon and say you're a Star Wars fan, you'll be laughed at just as much if you say that to a bunch of normies.
Star Wars is too normie for SF nerds and too nerd for normies.

Then how come I got my dick sucked in the bathroom at the last sci-fi convention I went to? (I was dressed like Kylo Ren)

Con chicks will fuck anyone who isn't a smelly hambeast.
Seriously though, con chicks are horny as fuck

This pic was taken about 30 minutes before I got a blowjob

Attached: kp2p_-46P2R8w9oAdGWo5MkDpowUrvhAT7K0oKRip4Q[1].jpg (1200x628, 90K)

Solo was so layered and enjoyable it baffles the kind that the Zeitgiest of jealousy and ass missing that causes these poor reviews. I saw Solo at least seven times in Imax and if you didn't see The Force Awakens in 4DX I don't know what you're doing in life.

I redact what I said.
You can fuck con chicks even if you are a hambeast

Star Wars was never a series meant for TV though. It was meant for film.
Star Trek was designed for an episodic like structure, fit for TV.
Outside of movies, Star Wars has always focused on
>Books/Comics
>Video Games
And the post-Prequels era was the best time for both, in addition to being the era where Star Wars got its first good show in the CG cartoon series, The Clone Wars.

>normie
Youre one of them faggot