So what happened to the girls in Picnic at Hanging Rock?

so what happened to the girls in Picnic at Hanging Rock?

Attached: iu.jpg (1488x840, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

genius.com/Comus-song-to-comus-lyrics
youtube.com/watch?v=ae5ckJTB5o8
youtu.be/kIO4kLQ1kJE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Plebs here don't know that movie

this is a criterion movie, it's the one plebs know

There's a final chapter that was omitted from the original novel. Basically, the girls, looking for their teacher, came across a rip in the fabric of time and space. Miss McCraw is there and she goes crazy and faints. They throw off their corsets and they freeze in mid-air. They find a crack in the rocks and transform into lizards to go inside, McCraw turns into a crab. The passage closes before the last girl can enter, and she ends up beating the bare rock with her hands until they're bloodied. She's the one who gets found.

Great movie. But you can make up any sci fi idea for their disappearing. Or just think about something down to Earth.

They got lured deep into the rocks, then raped and killed by the australian Comus, a pagan creature.
genius.com/Comus-song-to-comus-lyrics
youtube.com/watch?v=ae5ckJTB5o8

Attached: R-807190-1288650355.jpeg.jpg (600x594, 146K)

This movie didn't have nearly enough close-ups of bugs crawling across their bare feet

I'd say they didn't fly so good but it's not even that high up so I simply don't know

thats so insane i almost believe it, it's just not authenticaly australian tho

It's true, that's the solution to the mystery. But the publisher convinced the author to take it out because having hints and traces of the supernatural is better than this weird surreal sci-fi nonsense. Both the novel and Weir film have traces of this, in the book there's pink smoke and the spectral sound of drumming before they disappear. But knowing the girls disappeared because they turned into lizards isn't really a satisfying answer.

more like plebterion

Kind of a boring movie desu

felt bad for the orphan girl more than the missing bimbos

they traveled into the future and became the wives in Fury Road XD

Attached: furrrry road.jpg (1536x768, 120K)

The girls experienced a shared dissociative phenomena, essentially meaning that they all were in-sync and disconnected from reality. What triggered it, I don’t know, but what ensued was that they understood that they were dreaming in a dream, this realization snapped them out of existence. Once the truth is known, there is nothing left. The tandem walk up the mountain was the gradual dawning of the reality of existence itself for the girls. I don’t view their disappearance as something negative, their near trance-like demeanor after they woke up from the nap was very beautiful. A shared understanding of what is going to happen next.

>Comus
Kino
youtu.be/kIO4kLQ1kJE

bump

bump

>lizards

Attached: adsdsa.jpg (1785x957, 200K)

>mfw this is true
well bugger me with a fishfork
>mfw there is a remake with smirkfu

isn't aborigine Ayers Rock lore all about people going into rocks changing into animals?

nah thats ayyers rock mate