Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Based Dougherty wants to go back to ancient times, before the Romans and Egyptians, to show humanity's first encounter with Godzilla and how he became King of the Monsters. What would you like to see come of this idea? How else would you like to see the universe expanded?
syfy.com/syfywire/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-cavemen-michael-dougherty

Attached: 6Kg8jrW.jpg (600x315, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sT_agPng1V8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FduP45p-o6k&t=101s
youtu.be/483k24eLQs8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dzvdQ5w_ITI
m.youtube.com/results?search_query=kong vs skull crawlers
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cmZXJsklxSA
youtu.be/7cxV8Bf8ND4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to ignore shitposters who say James didn't like it; he liked it more than 2014, he just complained about a lot of things. He likes Shin more than KOTM and he complained about tons of shit in that too.

Attached: 1549801343589.jpg (1280x722, 100K)

No because this film is bombing and the critical response from everyone with two braincells is that it's a shit film. Watch Endgame. Your god(zilla) has abandoned you.

Sounds like a good opportunity for Anguirus or even Megalon

Attached: 7d4697c98dc5d5871376c3406c861878.jpg (1330x1600, 620K)

absolutely show the civilization that built the underwater temple, looked Assyrian but could be anything they want, fucking Atlantis for all I care. Imagine monsters fighting in an ancient metropolis.

>That moron is the foundation for Mechaghidorah

Attached: D7mKvWEW0AEOpGw.jpg (976x1198, 311K)

>Climax of Godzilla Vs. Kong
>They've fought hard and both are exhausted
>Kong desperately goes for his signature jaw break to try and finish it
>Oh fuck is he actually about to do it
>Kong is standing directly over Godzilla's mouth, which is pulled wide open
>Godzilla's spine starts lighting up blue
>wub wub WUB WUB WUB
>Kong gets nuked right in the face and blasted into oblivion
You KNOW this will happen

Attached: IMG_5327.gif (200x200, 2.47M)

Go full conspiracy theory. Have Godzilla be sent by the Anunnaki (which are actually the Ultramen) to protect the planet.

redpill me on godzilla

>not Japanese
>not Rubber suit
>fights always at night and rain

Essentially why he was kinda eh on it. One thing you have to give credit to the old films for is that they treat the fights like actual fights instead of disaster films, where it cuts to humans reacting to destruction. There's a trade off:

Old movies
>60-70 minutes to set up fight
>uninterrupted fight at the end

New movie
>Godzilla shown throughout
>fights happen throughout but are interrupted at a much higher frequency than any of the older movies ever did with their fights

I feel like they might kill off Godzilla because the license expires next year.

Jonah Alan was a Xilian sent by his home planet to reduce all organic matter on the planet to nothing more than monomers in preparation for the colonization
King Ghidorah is the planet's champion and God figure
>Long live the King

Attached: Charles-Dance-and-Ghidorah-in-Godzilla-King-of-the-Monsters.jpg (1400x700, 153K)

To be fair, he fucking bitches about the movie in the entire review.

CGI is too expensive for them to focus on but I still wish they would

I want to fuck Mothra!

Attached: 1544763157451.png (993x768, 844K)

Old Godzilla movies are barney the dinosaur tier

They probably won't decide on the winner until they figure out if they'll renew the license

what a stupid reason to "kill off" a character

Don't fucking diss Behemoth, man

Attached: Behemoth.jpg (640x690, 23K)

neither will win
This kino will help them extend the rights

Poor Dance. Attaches his name to schlock and is only in it for five minutes.

That's when not looking through nostalgia glasses. But they objectively focus more on fights when they happen.

Now that they have confirmed space aliens they should expand the story out there as well as under earth.
>Ghidorah dropped to earth accidentally for some reason, maybe a bigger monster BTFO him into crashing there
>Turns out that while Ghidorah ended up being the King God Emperor of Earth, he is actually not that special in terms of other space monsters
ghidorah is raditz

Great to introduce the terror monsters too

I don't think I ever want Ghidorah to feel unimportant

I don't think there's any longtime fans who don't wish there were some way to reconcile rubber suits and models with modern effects somehow, but until somebody figures it out we're stuck with one or the other

Attached: D7sk6YVWkAATrhY.jpg (1200x675, 72K)

Attached: 1555200719374.png (750x750, 508K)

The only other cosmic monster that could hold a torch to ghidorah is gigan, and they’re bros

Attached: 94A7FFC1-5815-437C-B0EB-57C152380219.gif (500x388, 2.14M)

It's pretty weird that at the very beginning of the video he said he enjoyed it and out of the current Godzilla movies he would rate it above 2014 but below Shin. So this would basically make it his 2nd favorite modern G-film.

What is Space Godzilla

it's a godzilla from space

Why did the Japanese guy have to drive the nuke right to Godzilla's face? They were 1000 meters away initially if they just dropped it there it would have been just as effective

>Ghidorah hates Godzilla so much because he reminds him of Space Godzilla
could be kino

ok thnx

For reference his Top 3 favorite Godzilla films are

1. Gojira
2. Godzilla vs King Ghidorah (Heisei)
3. Final War/GMK

Does it actually make actors mad when they sign up for a project only to find out they barely have a role and are only being used for their name recognition, or do they pretty much know the deal going in and are just happy for the paycheck?

np i got you senpai

He wanted to nut on his face

Very very weird. Heisei vs.KG is enjoyable but only for how batshit stupid it is with the plot.

Pleb listing

>every review I see is shitting on this movie
>everyone I talk with loves it
What's the fuckin deal here

They're going to be bros, r-right?

Attached: 1532217494953.jpg (848x718, 149K)

Actors are paid based on the number of scenes they shoot and eventually promo tour. They don't give a fuck if they're in it for 5 minutes or a whole hour
That's how the industry works, they all know it

>rodan being a sleazy toadie the entire film

Attached: 1531779632610.gif (400x400, 2.61M)

Same old story
Same old song and dance

Attached: 1w0pkels0uay.png (1834x900, 1.5M)

Isn't he only a waist high from Goji?

>the final movie is Godzilla and Mecha King Ghidorah having to team up to defeat Monster X
>and then beating the shit out of each other afterwards one last time

YT reviews seemed mixed with some calling it complete garbage and some saying "it's okay but if you're a fan it's probably worth full price"

That was one hell of a nuke either way

Have Godzilla and Ghidorah EVER been allies? Also not sure how they'd do Monster X with this setup

Yeah, not gonna lie this is the first time I've ever seen a movie that's this polarized between critics and audiences.

>around 12 BC an unknown catastrophe that puzzles archeologists to this day greatly reduced ancient Assryia's empire but they eventually rebounded

Hell it could easily work. Ancient Assyria is kino in its own right.

Attached: xHall-in-Assyrian-palace-restored.jpg.pagespeed.ic.OfiNtbyp3i.jpg (1960x1200, 2.79M)

What's wrong with it?

Is this a meme? Did majority of you just fast forward towards the end of Skull Island or just watched the kaiju fights and blocked out the human conversations? THEY LITERALLY SAID IN THE MOVIE KONG IS A TEEN, HE'S STILL GROWING

Who?

Some geniune fans are kinda split on it too. Some love it, some don't.

I assume they read the script first and know which actor they're being asked to play.

I liked how bipolar the Ghidorah heads were.

More likely you'd see Godzilla team up with Kong and MechaG

The only time Ghidorah was a good guy was when Godzilla was a bad guy
I guess they will never ever be friends

I want to know why a genuine fan wouldn't love it

Attached: 19823791379812321.gif (498x364, 157K)

He’s the most aggressive head, so that seems beneficial.

This is so true it hurts. Power Rangers deserved better.

Sometimes all their scenes get cut after the fact though. Christopher Lee apparently threw a tantrum when most of his lines in one of the LotR movies got cut.

Wasn't he the stupid one?

>GxKG
>Final Wars
Nah

They can show the Kaiju were what caused the last mass extinction about 12k years ago.

I thought it was boring as shit. Also Godzilla is a jobber in this universe. Literally can’t do anything without the help of humans. How did he even survive fighting Ghidorah in the past? My fiancée liked it because all she wanted to see was kaijus in good special FX and she got it. I was hoping the entire time that all the humans would die.

Kako-dzilllaaaaaa

Attached: broly-11-999485.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

I'm split on it as well. The stuff I loved I really fucking loved while the stuff I didn't really was fucking tedious and boring.

The critics expected something out of the family drama and got no payoff, they saw a clash between how dumb it was and how people acted like it wasn't and there wasn't a lot of explanation for why things were there unless you were already a fan

People just saw something that it's quite pretty...I dare to say there wasn't a "disaster movie" this pretty before

>My fiancée liked it because all she wanted to see was kaijus in good special FX and she got it.
Sounds like she's the smart one and doesn't deserve you.

Attached: soi.jpg (1214x1078, 708K)

I watched it with my dad. He said he wanted Millie to get zapped by Ghidorah and the whole family shit was terrible. I though Millie was okay but I agree with him that the melodramatic family crap was bad

Unga bunga pretty kaijus. You realize there was 90+ minutes that didn’t involve a kaiju at all, right?

>makes Ghidorah run off at the first fight
>next time he is BTFOing Ghidorah and rips one of his heads off before he gets btfo by oxygen destroyer
>is BTFOing Ghidorah in the third fight until Ghidorah goes super saiyan from the power station

It seems fairly heavily implied that King Ghidorahs arrival brought about the cataclysm of that time and likely destroyed ancient human civilization.

looks dumb

My review: just watch Shin Godzilla bro

First fight was a stalemate
Second fight Godzilla would've won had that O2 bomb went off
Final fight Ghidorah had to juice himself to get the edge on him

Have you blocked out the movie? We saw the bones of the adults - his parents. While they are bigger, they're not 350ft+ bigger, more like 150, to his 100.

Being a longer movie than the older movies the boring human aspect is around longer. Also the fights are treated as a disaster film not a fight.

Old films
>5-10 minutes non cut away brawl

Legendary films
>monster gets hit and falls into build
>cuts to humans in ground running and falling. People check and see if they are okay while you see Godzillas tail hit a wall and they scream and run some more
>otherr Monster gets hit, cuts to person falling off something and hangs perilously while someone saves the with dialogue about family or something

There is a difference user.

Im almost twice the size of my dad.............

He's not your dad then

I can’t stand this shit where the action is focused on what the humans are seeing. I don’t give a shit about humans if I’m given no reason to care about them or their struggle. “Oh no, hope that Mexican kid I just saw for the first time ten seconds ago doesn’t die!” Who the fuck cares? Don’t people generally go to kaiju movies to see kaijus? Shin is the only one that ever made me care about the humans.

>being the son of a dwarf.
I'm so sorry user.

While I agree that the drama between the humans was annoying, I thought those street scenes showing how destructive they are was well done.

I don't know. I liked the Mexican city scene for that specific reason. Has Rodan flying over the city, see the effect of a 40,000 ton pterodactyl breaking the sound barrier over a city, go to ground to see what that looks like at eye level, back to Rodan barrel rolling through a dozen f16s. Could not care less about their story, but neat seeing a city get obliterated in thirty seconds from the sky and from the ground

Wasn't that the point? I would hope it's well done.

gojjira is the key to all of this

youtube.com/watch?v=sT_agPng1V8

It's not anything smart or insightful as you know but I just like to hear him speak.

>only watch 1 movie ur hole life bros
No thanks

You can't just ejaculate for 137minutes straight, user. You gotta recuperate between loads.

why was doobs in the movie?

Attached: penis hudson.png (554x662, 431K)

And what do you do when everything that doesn’t involve kaijus sucks and is boring?

were there practical effects for the monsters blended in with cgi? some close up shots i swear looked like stop motion and a puppet

sounds based but they need more kaijus to extend the lore onto how the alien threat was stopped

Godzilla was winning all of these fights until some bullshit happened
>first fight KG ram the fuck away
>second fight he was getting btfo and would have died until the oxygen bomb went off and fucked GZ up
>3rd fight he was getting smacked the fuck up until he ate the power plant thing and literally went super saiyan

Yeah. Middle one was head honcho, right one was inquisitive and smart, left one was aggressive and dumb.

It would need new monsters imo, not just another Godzilla v Ghidorah.

Towel off. Have a cigarette. Text.

Where did I know this guy from? He was fucking terrible

>My fiancée liked it because all she wanted to see was kaijus in good special FX and she got it. I was hoping the entire time that all the humans would die.
nigger what did you even want from this movie you fucking retarded piece of shit
fuck you

You have to save some of the bigger name kaiju for Destroy All Monsters.

silicon valley
the verizon commercial

don't worry the main event and true kaiju draw is waiting for his moment to save the franchise

Attached: gigan.jpg (1420x1028, 614K)

My mother beats me, my father beats me, and my uncle beats me. I feel safe around Gigan because he could never beat anyone.

>Titans are supposed to bring balance to nature and shit
>Oxygen Destroyer kills all life
>Destroy All Monsters has Destoroyah killing off kaiju one by one before he and Godzilla fight

I just want a film with the feel from this game desu

Attached: 57F4D786-AC6D-48D7-9CA9-24AF1AD716E7.jpg (348x422, 43K)

That where the main divide with the Showa/Heisei/Millenium vs Legendary is. The prior series is just fine doing goofy shit like sliding drop kicks, throwing rocks, beam light shows and flying body slams. Where as the Legendary folks want you to really feel like you're in their characters shoes so much to the point that it becomes a disaster film than an actual brawl. Some genuine fans like both approaches, others just want to see Godzilla and Ghidorah fight for 5 Minutes without human interruption.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FduP45p-o6k&t=101s

I dunno, you compare.

This, Destroyah should be end of the franchise bloodbath shit.

>the verizon commercial
That's it, thanks user. Fucking worthless kike garbage. Can't act, not likeable, doesn't look good, just worthless all around.

based

Where is my Mothra movie damn it?

My dick would be so hard to see a Legendary Destoroyah

Attached: Destoroyah Girl.jpg (850x570, 91K)

WHERE MY JUSTICE FOR LEFT HEAD BROS AT?

Attached: 1559338900543.jpg (500x346, 108K)

so did mothra die or ascend

I wish Mothra was my mother. Things would be different.

This was the first movie in the franchise i've watched. are the others worth it? i thought this was bretty good

>Second fight Godzilla would've won had that O2 bomb went off
Are the humans good for anything? Can we just have a godzilla movie without them.

This guy's comedy is actually top shit. It was weird to see him in a movie like this

She got fucking obliterated

Exactly, just give me 10 solid minutes of Kaiju fighting with no interruptions and I'll feel happy

Godzilla is cool as long as you understand that it's all practical effects and they don't always look good

I need this image redraw with Ghidorah and Leftie.

Attached: 07a.jpg (385x720, 38K)

why are shill so transparent nowdays?

was this one practical too? or practical/cgi mix? some shots looked like puppets and that surprised me for a movie like this

I suppose it's mostly CGI since it's a Hollywood movie but I'm sure there were some practical effects too.

I want this

youtu.be/483k24eLQs8
Ghidorah trying to crawl away when he realizes how fucked he is is just amazing

>People say Ghidorah doesn't have his original cackling sound
>It clearly plays here

That part where he crushes Ghidorah's chest was brutal

Attached: 1529500409956.png (1972x844, 839K)

Post yfw The short-haired Chinese girl had an identical twin sister

Attached: 4F5846DA-96A5-401D-8D7D-E67B0B607F39.png (213x226, 102K)

I wish we saw more fights in the day time.

mothra is so fucking cool

I watched criticals moist meter review and he gave it a 30% because of bad lighting. I don't remember bad lighting anywhere in this movie.

>Mexico finally appears in a Godzilla movie (a good one especially)
>they use a island that nobody knows or cares about

We got KEKED

Attached: 1555522125022.jpg (440x386, 37K)

Attached: double.jpg (1226x768, 74K)

Attached: smiling goji.jpg (1000x750, 175K)

I got you user

Why did people like this movie so much

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dzvdQ5w_ITI

So why did most critics like Kong Skull Island but hate Godzilla KOTM?

Apart from John C. Reilly, nobody in KOTM is any less interesting than anybody in Kong.

oh no no no no

Attached: 1557702350503.jpg (2480x3508, 1.36M)

At least you got the honour of being fried by (B)Rodan. Canada only appeared in Final Wars in passing IIRC

Attached: 4975c3516b7a8b3b498302a7f5f82c6a.png (438x599, 165K)

He watched it in a shitty theater.

I swore I heard the original roar in the scene where Millie is looking at Ghidorah in the stadium.

Honestly it kind of sucked. The fights weren't as good as I was expecting and everything else was as bad as I expected. The fanservice stuff felt kind of hollow. Not a huge fan of the designs for the monsters either. When whatshisname said "Oh my God...zilla!" my eyes almost rolled back into my head. 4/10 imo.

Samuel L Jackson being Samuel L. Jackson, and just just John Goodmans prescene. Also the fights were clear and not cutting to humans a lot.

m.youtube.com/results?search_query=kong vs skull crawlers

mfw they start talking about Hollow Earth and what looks like Atlantean and Hyperborran society

Attached: elon will be high as a kite by then 1548463893068.jpg (3000x1999, 224K)

Kong's human storylines were well put together.

Based, keep sticking it to the basedboys. Never forget it was probably the fastest filter these tranny jannys ever threw up LMAO

>twin sister was working on Mothra
>it was revealed that their family had a history of twin sisters working with Monarch
>credits scene implied a new Mothra egg was found

Attached: B299F95B-B393-4BA5-BEF4-EA652FADC941.jpg (298x169, 29K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cmZXJsklxSA

"king" kong chimps out, get fucked by godzilla
all the niggers support king kong, all the white support godzilla

kino

So which Mecha is Monarch building? Jet Jaguar? Mechani Kong? Moguera? Mechagodzilla?

Attached: received_309055633359849.jpg (1080x392, 19K)

Attached: 264F3C96-E63E-401C-B26F-4BB75480B7FC.jpg (1043x1473, 378K)

Godzilla: Final (Race)wars

Oh no! Not... the review screw? HOW WILL WE EVER RECOVER NOW THAT... THIS GUY DIDN'T LIKE THE MOVIE?

>no rodan
fucking droped

Attached: rodan.jpg (1200x825, 217K)

So that's what this was for.

Attached: image.jpg (2000x1095, 274K)

>Canada got repped by a fat kid

If it’s Monarch building it, it’s more than likely gonna be JJ.

2014 Godzilla was boring, but I'm considering watching it again after seeing this recent one. Kong: Skull Island was fun enough, might also be worth watching for Godzilla Vs Kong next year. The movie doesn't bother taking Kong to New York, instead it features a kaiju fight with freaky dodongo-like lizards.
Other Godzilla movies are going to be a different experience, but try them out. Maybe watch the original Gojira film or Shin Godzilla next.

he is our guy.

Attached: d04.png (540x405, 305K)

What if it turns out Dr Brooks had been working with the Twins on symbiosis type of research and had been teaching Kong sign language and stuff like that?

how ARE they gonna get kong to godzilla

Hollow Earth.

IT'S HAPPENING BROS
Warner Bros/Legendary’s Godzilla: King of the Monsters is biting off more than he was expected to chew, headed for a $60M-$65M weekend after a $24M Friday at 4,108 theaters that includes $6.3M in previews.

PostTrak exits last night for Godzilla and friends were fantastic with 4 1/2 stars from general audiences and 5 stars from both parents and kids under 12. General crowds gave the film a 75% definite recommend, parents an 80% and kids 88%. Caucasians were less than 50% of the crowd with very good turnout by Hispanic (24%) and Asian moviegoers (13%). West coast business is bound to be very good. Male heavy as expected at 70%, with leading demos being men over 25 (41%), men under 25 (29%), females over 25 (18%) and females under 25 (12%). Interestingly, females like the movie a little bit more than guys, 87% to 84%

My guess is a mechanical one using the skeletons of Kaiju around the world, like the dead Gojira from Godzilla and whatever on Skull Island, and he'll be what they fight after they fight each other definitively.

I feel like I got exactly the movie the trailers promised me. No real complaints.

Not sure if this guy is going to do it or in process right now but if not I wanted to know,
For this request you want leftie to be the retarded one right and the normal head to be the middle, right?

I'll get on it if the other guy doesn't do it by tomorrow I guess.

I feel like where things are right now, there's no point to building Mechagodzilla...at least not with the purpose of STOPPING Godzilla in mind.

>For this request you want leftie to be the retarded one right and the normal head to be the middle, right?
Yeah, just mirror it if needed. The dialogue is the more important part.

I was looking at his eyes at the end to see if he had some alien looking shit going on

Attached: x991327_10.jpg (700x300, 37K)

Fairly little dialogue
Humans being a tool to give a sense of scale to the monsters
Settlements and ultimately the Atlantis city to be built around his movements as mankind progressively grows in the shadow of the monsters
Ghidorah arriving from space towards the end and getting wrecked but pulling out towards Antarctica to regenerate
Old Kong getting wrecked by Godzilla because Kong wins GvK
Godzilla going to sleep to recover from the fight and hibernating in Atlantis which shows him progressively get better as the city around him empties
Essentially every major monster being pushed back by Godzilla which is how he becomes king the first time, differing from the second time where they kneel and accepts him. In this case he just applies the idea that might makes right.
The progression being that Godzilla fights other monsters in the first half and becomes the sole ruler as proto mankind around him thrives because he does not really care, just defends his territory and them. Then as mankind reaches its peak Ghidorah comes in, wrecks mosts settlements before getting put to sleep and the slow collapse and rebuildas Godzilla sleeps the millenias away.

How do guys feel about Godzilla having that moth puss?

It could be a Mecha Kong using the skeleton of a dead Kong from the Island.
Also it's highly possible that King Kong's become a domesticated ally to Monarch.

Ghidorah looks like some night club manager
Godzilla looks like a kids Swim coach

I wasn't a fan. It really doesn't make a lot of sense that two species would be attracted to each other and they completely hand wave it away with "don't worry about it". It was harmless, but I don't see why it had to be in the movie

>godzilla existing before WWII
>godzilla not being a product of nuclear bomb testing
>godzilla not being a symbol of mankind's destructive nature being their undoing
nah

Attached: 1534770148355.jpg (717x402, 32K)

They said it was symbiotic.

I heard it once or twice. I was waiting for it each scene.

>symbol of mankind's destructive nature being their undoing
Watch the film I guess

tfw from Boston

[spoiled] w i c k e d
I fuckin love Dunkin!
Go Sox.

Attached: caseyaffleckdunkin01.jpg (358x477, 29K)

>You're not brave, kongs are brave.

Attached: db0v5lg-cf866538-ac60-41c0-aff0-5987ab833e48.jpg (506x350, 258K)

Did they? I must have missed that. I took it literally

Godzilla has ALWAYS existed before WWII retard.

The tests woke him up but he was always living in the ocean.

This is far from the first reboot to have that

based

Godzilla always existed before ww2 you bandwagonning retard

I would be shocked if it weren't Mechagodzilla, it might not be to stop Godzilla but to help him or be of direct aid against evil Titans

Attached: sample-f92adc18e6d0945e8f6288170e4612ea.jpg (850x992, 152K)

i don't know, i like godzilla more as an aloof piece of shit who only really shows care towards his son

What are you on about lad, in 1954 original the old man talked about in the old days they'd sacrifice girls to him, long before WW2. He was only awoken and likely disfigured by the nuclear tests.

Yeah it was real quick, they were more focused on making a king and queen joke.

Fuck off fag

I have never found out the origin of this caption but I've been seeing it for more than a decade

King Ghidora only lost because g*dzilla was nuke buffed AND Mothra buffed. Kong is going to wipe the floor with him.

Attached: 1554747831841.jpg (1225x861, 252K)

Dunkin needs to embrace the meme and make him their mascot

>i'm this much of a retard
fuck me

Attached: 1531961139902.gif (320x240, 1.63M)

He was about to beat King Ghidorah before the Oxygen Destroyer was used, he ripped off lefty

Kong is a jobber

MST3k I think.

Shame he came back with autism

Don't worry user, everyone has retard moments. At least you're aware enough to acknowledge it instead of being a dumb bitch.

Attached: feelsgood Alita.png (745x748, 882K)

Kong has no powers and is susceptible to fire.

Unless they pull something out of their ass for Kong hes gonna lose.

>that mothra noise when he uses the nuke pulse

Attached: please.png (710x842, 573K)

The Japanese had Kong win, the Americans should have Godzilla win

youtu.be/7cxV8Bf8ND4

Kong was almost killed by gasoline

Hey, don't feel bad, when I was 5 and first saw the movie I thought it was a real life event and documentary

going to see this movie tomorrow
were any of the titans at the end toho monsters or were they all original?

Calling it now, Electric Kong will be I'm GvK

I hope monarch is secretly a villainous organization.

Godzilla, you son of a bitch!

Attached: the_god_and_the_king_by_austroraptorcabazai_dd7qr0v-fullview.jpg (1024x508, 81K)

any camrips yet?

>post yfw M(onarch) Space Hunter Nebula

Besides the main 4 the rest seems to be original

You are officially dumber than a woman. More importantly you're fucking dumber than your own woman. You have failed completely as a male. Kill yourself.

I want to fuck ghidorah

Eh, I actually like Monarch as a decently competent Government Conspiracy. I actually liked how despite being absolutely outmatched there was still evacuation plans and prepared bunkers if the containment plan failed.

All original because Legendary could only get the rights for Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah

>all of the fauna on Skull Island display heavy symbiotic relationships with corresponding flora species
>movie goes out of the way to point this out
>Kong one of the only ones with no blatantly obvious partner-flora gimmick

Attached: hmmm.png (128x128, 31K)

>Kong has no powers
Kong’s power is that he’s the smartest kaiju. Notice the Orca didn’t work on him?

Who's gonna complete the trio for them to face?

fuck, i wanted to see my boy

Attached: giphy (1).gif (320x240, 1.9M)

Black people can't swim

>Godzilla gets tossed around by the Gravity Beams throughout the entire movie
>goes Burning Goji and tanks three fucking beams like a champ
>Middle Head shows visible anger and confusion as Godzilla vaporizes the other two heads
that was the shit

Attached: 1499204733901.png (672x513, 699K)

Likely Candidates:
Mecha King Ghidorah featuring Lefty
Destoroyah
MechaGodzilla or MechaniKong
An OC

Rodan or mothra

kek

>Americans ever letting their big dumb ape Kaiju lose against Godzilla

Not gonna happen. At best, a stalemate. At worst, a beaten and bruised lizard retreats back into the ocean while Kong triumphantly beats his chest at the top of a mountain.

Attached: spaget.png (480x360, 165K)

lmfao

don't act like you don't already know

Attached: Pulgasari-poster.jpg (682x945, 112K)

How are they gonna do the other monsters then?

Probably Mecha Godzilla

Then the tech probably gets obsconded by Tywin Lannister to make Mecha Ghidorah

>we'll let kong die to Americans in fighter planes but not to Godzilla who's saved us how many times now?
yeah ok sure buddy

He's decent. Hell of a lot better as a serious actor than Charlie Day in the Pacific Rim movies. Plus he's top tier on Silicon Valley

Do you think Legendary is going to introduce their own mech?

Degeneracy.

>There will never be a movie starring Dance piloting Mecha Ghidorah like the dragonzord fighting Godzilla and Mecha Godzilla

I think it comes down to what rights Toho gives them

Mecha Ghidora?

Didn't the bad guy take the last Ghidora head at the end?

>critics railing this
>it shits on the 2014 movie
What the fuck where they expecting? Did they see the trailers and Chernobyl and think 'Oh man, finally the time for radkino is now'. No joke, 100% serious the critics are absolutely in the wrong this time.
>Ghidora gets smoked like a cigar by Big G
Fucking Ace

More like how much money Legendary give Toho.

Who here played this? It was fucking awesome.

Attached: 256px-WOTM.jpg (256x360, 41K)

Who knows? Maybe they’ll ask Toho for the other rights after seeing how good KotM is doing

Kong aint fuckin with anyone that isnt on skull island. Its the point of his being. Honestly was expecting a potential hint to Ghidorah going to Skull Island this movie

>kaijuu
Getting really sick of the weebs here.

I honestly don't know why they were expecting more from the story. I went in expecting giant monsters to be swinging their dicks at each other and that's exactly what I got.

Attached: 1553799723190.png (1280x1024, 1.18M)

That scene was absolute kino

how are they gonna retcon kong’s size? he’s like 1/4 the size of godzilla

>he’s like 1/4 the size of godzilla
Prove it.

>Kong is just going to use some ape kung fu and make a jobber out of goji

Fucking aliens stealing our lands

Current Kong is like half-grown at this point. They specifically said he was a teenager.

Kong gunna be a shock boi

And that proves he's a quarter of Godzilla's size how?

>Rodan still pissed about Losing to Godzilla enters the fray

Id be hype to see it, dude got sidelined this movie imo the most barring his Mexico destruction.

Mecha muto?

>Godzilla tanking burning mode and acting as if nothing happened
>Serizawa
>Ghidora stomping on every monster and could only be stopped by Godzilla in basically crit damage mode
>Ghidora's entrance in the storm
>the fucking shots of the aircraft falling around Godzilla and Ghidora
>Every scene involving Mothra
>Kaijus going to Skull Island to get their heads ripped off and shoved up their anuses
>Oxygen destroyer
>Godzilla's cries of pain
I'm thinking yah buddy. Legendary's doing good.

Attached: 216273827278.jpg (619x960, 162K)

Is there more pictures like this?

Watch Skull Island again. Kong is a teenager in that film.

Day's a better comedian but fuck was PR2 horrific

B+
Critics were unsurprisingly wrong

Attached: Screenshot_20190531-233432.png (1440x2880, 446K)

was there a post credits scene

>Lefty/Curly smiling while his bros are pissed
Nice.

Attached: 1539776978647.png (532x1000, 1.1M)

Yeah, Dance's character finds Gidorah's third head and buys it. (Mech-Ghidora, new version for eventual sequel)

Oh my god you might be right I remember they had the remains of the muto underground or something

Yes, it was one of the heads ghidorah lost earlier on getting picked up by the bad guys.

awh shit

user, it's an alright movie but even GENUINE fans are mixed on it.

1.Some didn't like the aesthetic rain and monster colors, just want fights in day.
2. Some found human stuff less tolerable than others.
3. Some fans didn't like the cut aways and disaster film approach to the fights.

They did have a Muto head on a rack in that underwater base...

i really want them to become bros by the end of GvK but i get the feeling theyre not going that route.

If it has the same multiplier as Kong, it'll make around $620,000,000

I wanna see that Spider Kaiju and the MUTO look-alike in a future film. Fuck the Mammoth tho

Attached: D75bBdrV4AAIY1X.jpg (538x1200, 218K)

The Ghidora head antics stole the movie for me. Easily the best character.

Attached: IMG_20190521_123333.jpg (670x960, 73K)

That is exactly the direction I want it to go honestly, exploring the kaiju's relation with ancients myths and all of that

The only bad characters were Farmiga (kinda) and FUCKING BRADLEY WHITFORD'S shitty ass character. Fuckin a man. Watanbe, MBB, Chandler, and Middleditch were great tho.

what if king ghidorah was a girl

Nah, pretty much every genuine fan is loving it or just saying it's alright. No fan genuinely dislikes it.

MOTHRA

We all know what big g does to girls

I thought they hinted at that, didn't they?

Re-watching it tomorrow night with a bro.
I'll try to pay more attention to Ghidorah heads' behavior.
Lefty/Curly looking at soldiers instead of attacking is something I missed. Heard he also licks the floor.
Dum, dum.

I am so fucking tired of this joke

How is Tywin gonna afford Titan cybernetics?

what if godzilla was a girl

>Ghidora's mid was still alive and sentient the end of the battle
Jesus fuck, was he always this durable?

Attached: 13838382937.jpg (960x725, 98K)

We all know what the Japanese do to girls

I birthed it actually. Fucking spread like a virus.

>Japanese Mecha pulls out a super heated giant katana that was folded a billion times as its special
>it had terrible range and damage
>American Mech pulls out a fucking guided nuke as its special
>it would lock onto you from across the map and took half of your HP
how could nips ever compete

Attached: 1531284991787.gif (433x440, 512K)

>tfw years of anime consumption made me ship Mothra with Godzilla

Help

Would the movie had worked out if they awoken any other Titans besides Ghidora first?

The movie does that too tho.

>You will find me the steel, engineers and funds to reconstruct Ghidorah. I don’t care how or what methods you utilize to accomplish this task. A dragon does not care about the opinions of a sheep.

Attached: F8DEE31B-CD1D-4E53-BCF3-7E7E2CC7A072.jpg (798x407, 52K)

BIBI BIBI BIBI
bibi bibi bibi
*three stooges theme plays*

Attached: ghidorah_the_three_stooges_by_cwpetesch_dbyhere-pre.jpg (1078x741, 148K)

Probably would have worked out better since Godzilla would have already gone to fight the other awakened Titan.

Micheal wanted to bring it all back, god help us all.

Attached: ss+(2019-04-13+at+05.15.14).jpg (664x464, 123K)

Final Wars is quite literally fan service: the movie. Not even fair to claim this movie is just complete fan service when you have Final Wars on your list.

He's gonna somehow meld his mind into KG isn't he?

kek

'Moby Dick Versus Godzilla'.

>mothra will never stab you with her ass and fart in your face as you fall to your (almost) death
Why even live bros

Why would you do this?

Yes right after Ghidorah zaps the fuck out of the soldiers in Antartica, leftie licks the floor where the soldiers' ashes are.

How the fuck did you miss him licking the floor

He's going to pilot Mecha king Ghidorah

>Next Godzilla film, Dance’s character will become full Tywin Lannister
>Invites Peter Dinklage as the MC to stop his father and Monarch
>Jon, Jaime, Cersei, Sansa, Arya, Dany, and some GoT characters appear
>Godzilla GoT edition
>Directed by D&D (nailed it!)
Sasuga Legendary

>Godzilla/Mothra shipping coming back with a righteous fury after years of hibernation
Oh no

>kinda feel bad for Ghidorah after the characterization they give him in the movie
The middle biting the right's head was really cute.

I thought it was funny that I realized Mothra and Martha kinda sounded similar.

Mothra is Jon to godzilla dany

>it's alright

I wouldn't' consider that a good thing user. Thats like a "C".

That godzilla underwater flashing the blue lights on his back scene was amazing.

>coming back

It was never gone

I don't think he actually licked the floor, thought it was more of a serpent forked tongue trying to smell where the people went. Maybe surprised what it thought was an Apex predator got vaporized that easily?

But those cutaways man. Compare the fights in this movie to Kong vs Skull Crawler.

I for one welcome it. I remember being really into the idea thanks to that Deviant artist.
Hope this movie influences them to make more with Mothra's canon design.

I absolutely loved it, and it was filled with references about the other movies and general gojira lore. The humans sucked but god damn the monster fights were amazing.

Mothra would never betray her hubby.

I wanna see Godzilla holding Mothra’s face and then using his atomic breath to kill Mothra.

They'll fuck it up completely if the opening shot of Skull Island in GvKK isn't the shores lined up with all the dead kaiju that were stupid enough to act hostile in Kong territory.

Too distracted by the score and what was going on. Had to absorb all his benevolence.

>yfw the oxygen destroyer worked so well that they decide to build a Mecha Destroyah.

pros
>lot of awesome shots
>great fights in general
>Ghidorah heads being cute with each other
>the scene where Ghidorah charges up and wrecks everything in the city
>Mothra backed into a corner by Rodan then surprise piercing him like some anime protagonist
>Mothra being on Godzilla's side so I didn't have to hate her Mary Sue guts like usual
>Godzilla crushed Ghidorah's fucking chest
>camera makes it look like Ghidorah's alive through the smoke but nope it's just Big G chomping some prime head
>all the references, ESPECIALLY musical

cons
>opposite problem from 2014: movie goes from 0 to 60 for like the whole first hour; I'm mostly here for the monster fights but I still like proper scene setting and breathing room
>humor was mostly a botch and ruined potentially good scenes, fortune cookie joke was grating in particular
>characters mostly boring though better than 2014 (except Walt), family drama while actual important stuff is going on got on my nerves

Someone make a new thread

Oh not arguing with that at all. Just defending the arguement from others saying there's no legit character development in this movie

Paul Bunyan vs Godzilla

Ghidora was still alive for a bit in that scene. And for Mothra, how fucking dare you, you lil bitch.

Was distracted by my girlfriend and didn't even caught up this.

Delivery

Attached: ghidorah.png (860x1140, 364K)

Fortune cookie joke could have been saved if they had the actor put emphasis in the idea that he's joking or being sarcastic.

Very nice! You could also do one with the head missing

Just got back from seeing this. It's a solid movie with some incredible bits thrown in. First of all, the human element is much better than 2014. It's completely devoid of depth, but the stakes are higher, the character are more engaged with the kaiju. In 2014 all we got was a bunch of idiots running away ineffectively from the monsters. In this one we get arguably a bunch of even biggers idiots, but who actually engage with the kaiju in meaningful ways. I thought that drama involving the mother going rogue was much more engaging than the jarhead protecting his MacGuffin family in 2014 even if the plot is rail thin in this one. Serizawa had a great resolution to his arc. The quips were a bit too much. The kaiju had a much more constant presence throughout the movie but kept being interrupted constantly by humans which at times was very annoying. The stuff involving myths and the lost city was really good and I'd like to see it expanded. All the major kaiju had great presences on-screen. Godzilla and Ghidorah easily stole the show whenever they appeared, Mothra was excellent, and even Rodan, who I never got to see back then grew on me despite being a submissive little bitch. And on top of that they all looked great. I felt like this movie was a true love letter to Godzilla, no wonder the critics hated it. Despite all its flaws I think it will be remembered as worthy entry the series, so basically fuck rottentomatoes, fuck kong and fuck disney, long live the king

Fantastic work.

Fucking great

Same, I actually liked the human shit this time around.

ghidorah is world-destroying alien god dragon. kong is a large monkey from some ooga booga island. he will only win because americans are pussies

The fuck was the daughter's plan for calling over Ghidora to Boston? She calls him over, he wrecks shit then is about to vaporize her before Godzilla had to save her dumb ass.

This would be okay as long as Pulgasari is actually Bagan.

B+ is not that good
But it's doing better than expected

Oh shit! There's that Mothra cry. She was a good waifu to him.

>B+ is not good

I really hate the new fucking grading scales where anything other than perfect is shit.

Ghidorah was literally two seconds away from losing all of his heads if that oxygen destroyer didn't save his ass

I think she expected them all to get mind controlled but didn't know Ghidora isn't fully effected because he's an Ayy

I liked that Godzilla pulled ghidorah underwater after it flew away the first time, the creatures actually seemed intelligent and communicated with one another.

>Godzilla is a jobber in this universe

Almost everytime Godzilla fights Ghidora he needs help.

Showa era, he needed both Mothra and Rodan to beat him in "Gidorah the Three headed monster". He needed Anguirus in Godzilla vs Gigan. And in Destroy all monsters, every monster basically gangs up on Gidorah just to kill him. Heisei is the only time he doesn't need help. GMK doesnt count because that's a mini Gidorah. In final wars Godzilla needs a power up to beat him, and that's one of the strongest Godzillas. Basically, you are full of shit.

Wasn't her plan to stop all the other kaijus from wrecking havock? Ghidorah going after her ass is just side effect

Speaking of that, KG using his wings to block the first meltdown blast was amazing. That and when he supercharged with the powerline. I'd use that scene for my wallpaper.

How did her mom explain their plan in a way that didn't reveal billions would die?

Please don't let the "shot like a disaster film" descriptor turn into a meme-complaint for dummies to start parroting. My favorite shots in every old movie is where you have a great shot of the monster moving in the background, then objects in the mid ground like buildings and bridges, and people in the foreground to really give an idea of what a spectacle a creature like godzilla would be. The longer you watch two giant monsters fighting with the camera floating around them like you're shooting a boxing match, the less "giant" they seem.

Huge things seem huger when they're framed or presented properly in contrast with human characters. Say what you will about skrull island, they really had some excellent moments where they made the human characters seem shaken and nervous to be so dangerously close to things so massive.

Attached: biolantis godzilla.jpg (636x439, 16K)

Through a very beautiful musical number

It was really good. They all had a lot of character and strategic thinking.

>trailers are playing
>people are excited about sooperheroes and cartoons
>Star Wars trailer plays
>no one says anything, everyone's quiet and cringing
How does it feel that people don't even care about Star Wars anymore, Mickey?

>so uh honey i'm gonna release a bunch of monsters but we're gonna use some magic tech thing to make them nice then they're gonna fix the planet by, um, getting rid of the stuff that's been ruining it
>k mom sounds cool

>Got trailer for two romantic comedies, including a dyke one, and a crocodile movie
My cinema is fucking wack

Really disliked how forced a lot of the human dialogue was. It was like there was a bunch of half-baked exposition attempts to inform normalfags on things without actually succeeding on that front, and most of the people going to these movies don't need the things explained to them like a baby since they're already franchise fans.

>Huge things seem huger when they're framed or presented properly in contrast with human characters
Yeah, and that's one of the weaknesses of KotM in my opinion. Movies like Skull Island do scale really well, and movies like Pacific Rim really depict weight well. KotM didn't do either of those well and suffers a bit for it.

Was Kang dong skull land a good movie?

I got two buddy cop movies with the same Bautista guy right in a row. I forget all the other trailers. Zero capeshit tho.