Was scream a good movie? Now that the dust has settled

Was scream a good movie? Now that the dust has settled

Attached: CE619D35-5392-4E51-8122-6A7AF73EB620.jpg (1200x800, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KwokIKGTqxA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZP2aU_ONPEA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

Scream >>> Scream 2 > Scream 3 = Scream 4 >>> show

Yeah, it single handedly spawned dozen of copycats and revived the slasher genre. It quickly turned into what it mocked, but the first one aged well and is pretty good overall as a parody of the horror genre.

The first one is really good, love to re-watched it from time to time.

youtube.com/watch?v=KwokIKGTqxA

Attached: deputydewey.png (324x460, 186K)

yes
Scream 2 = Scream > Scream 4 >>>>> Scream 3
didn't watch the show

no
it does the same things as a typical slasher movie, except it just points out its doing it as it goes along. It's pretenious horror.

1 > 2 4 >>> 3

>Scream
>pretentious
What?

2 > 4 >>> 3*

Attached: og_og_1542023218276410460.jpg (1200x628, 118K)

It essentially created the slasher genre. So make of it what you will

Ironically enough the parody film became the most parodied film

It didn't create it, it just revived it.

It's much more like The Cabin in the Woods, it's a post-modern comedy

>It essentially created the slasher genre.
Yea Forums ladies and gentlemen

Scream became what it made fun of.

>There are certain RULES that one must abide by in order to successfully survive a HORROR movie
>For instance: number one ... you can never have sex.

Attached: 1556752732541.jpg (622x318, 57K)

1 > 2 > 4 >>> 3

All of them are good

Attached: Campbell 1.jpg (520x450, 28K)

>The parody created the genre
That's one hell of a time loop you got going there.

Scream was originally going to be named scary movie. So scary movie is a parody of a parody named after that parody.

3 was awful, 2 and 4 were okay, but 1 was the only truly good one.

Yeah, and it had one bad movie, two great movies, and one good movie. Also a great tv show but the third season got shelved to to Harvey Weinerstien

>neve campbell
>sexy

Attached: 1558259692409.jpg (453x439, 85K)

Slasher was not an established genre before Scream. Films like Psycho and Halloween while important predecessors didn't establish the formula that would later be copied time and time again in the late 90s and 2000s. In the same way, Tarantino created a niche offshoot of neo-noir with Reservoir Dogs which invited countless imitators, even though anyone even remotely familiar with cinema knows Tanrantino heavily borrowed elements (and straight up ripped off the plot) of The Killing. We don't see The Killing as the establishing force behind these neo-noir films, do we?

RD has nothing to do with neo noir though, what are you on about? The Killing wasn't its only inspiration, Woo's City on Fire was arguably the bigger and the more important one.

Also, you do realize Scream wasn't the first to do the whole satire of the horror genre thing and that Nightmare on Elm Street did it first, not only that, it was hardly the first slasher and it didn't create shit, not with titles like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th existing, not to mention dozens and dozens of others from the 80s alone.

That there were two killers was a neat fucking twist.

The Town the Dreaded Sundown was considered the first slasher movie in most movie historian circles.

I also this that drivel was a troll who pulled most the facts out of his ass since you can smell them from here.

who is this guy, i've seen this meme few times already

EVERYBODY'S A SUSPECT!!!

>Slasher was not an established genre before Scream.
Stopped reading right there. Fucking zoomers, man.

Never say “I’ll be right back!”

he's right.

The whole movie is "Hey this is like we're in shitty horror movie. Our bad writing is actually ironic"

And yep, it spawned a whole genre of crap movies pulling the same "satire" in place of actually writing something good

is the horror genre for incels?

Don’t be black.

This

there are people who think scary movie is part of scream

give me more meta-movies guys
Scream, Cabin in the Woods - for horror/slasher
Deadpool - for capeshit
Freddy Got Fingered - for gross-out comedy
Hot Fuzz - buddy cop movies
Adaptation - based on real events kino
Being John Malkovich - chick flicks?

There were countless slasher movies made in the 80s. They made so many that people got sick and tired of it. That's how Scream "revived" it.

Yup

Retard Black Christmas, A Bay of Blood, and Halloween were considered protoslashers that layed out the format for the early slashers of the 80s like Friday the 13th and My Bloody Valentine. Fuckass

Jason and Freddy movies are for low iq low culture attainment ghetto rats and bimbos, jiggers, causal rapists and washed out in hs cromagem forehead bearing footballers with TBI

Attached: A167CFA8-2C63-43CB-A3BB-6A599CAFEF83.jpg (1102x1500, 267K)

Fuck yeah, top 3 horror for me

Attached: Shriek.png (745x1080, 1.5M)

No one thinks that you stupid child. Texas chainsaw massacre predates that movie by 2 years and everyone knows that's the first slasher movie.

>stupid child
Bruh, try harder.

>article date: 1987

Attached: article.png (564x246, 57K)

I don’t even know why I come here any more.

By the way did you realize that Scott Pilgram vs The World creates the video game industry?

How would Ghostface fare against Meyers and his (their) other idols in a fight?

This is an Art the Clown thread now

Attached: 4711A178-DC4E-4071-9714-FB537F63B7A3.gif (500x289, 884K)

In the minority here, but I enjoyed Scream 3 way more than 2

how

youtube.com/watch?v=ZP2aU_ONPEA

Thought it was funnier

also parker posey

Are you forgetting all the phenomenally dull Italian directed movies where a bunch of teens do teen things while being murdered mostly off screen?

both of your main points in this post are wrong/off base

>dat cast

It was written in two days

Parody-ception.

Edit: Thank you for gold, kind strangers!!!

You're welcome kind stranger!!!

I love sharing movie facts! (My friends hate me for it though lol)

Attached: IMG_20190503_171717_984.jpg (901x1126, 230K)

I'm getting another beer, you want one?

>Scream >>> Scream 2 > Scream 3 = Scream 4 >>> show

Obviously the original is in a class by itself but I'd put the TV show above Scream and 3 and 4. Yes it was very uneven and ended horribly but the good episodes I'll remember over anything from Scream 3 and 4.

They just announced that Terrifier 2 was going to start filming and I’m hyped.

One of the best movies ever made. Wouldn't make a top 10 or 25 but easily a top 50.

1 > 4 > 2 > tv > 3

Attached: bexbutt.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

It insists upon itself

That's all well and good, but the slasher movie genre was established way before Scream came out. It extends far beyond Jason and Freddy. Sleepaway Camp, Prom Night, The Burning, The Prowler, House On Sorority Row, Pieces, Final Exam, Child's Play, Happy Birthday To Me, Terror Train, Hell Night, Slaughter High, etc. I'm probably even forgetting some major ones. The life of movies didn't begin in the early 90s, my dude.

Based

Attached: 1559253295456.gif (245x184, 737K)

First one was great, the others were shit. The only thing i remember from the sequels are Jenny McCarthy's fake thunder tits

WHAZZAAAAAAAAP

Yes, but if you've never seen it before youll be kind of disappointed because near every western horror since Scream has copied something from it.

First one is great and still holds up.

Two and three are entertaining but not on the same level.

I watched it finally and I don’t get the hype or excitement behind it the acting wasn’t great story was okay and the violence was cartoony but I guess that’s what people liked about it.

I loved Scream 4, and would say its almost on par with the original.

Emma was perfect for her role along with her best friend t.b.h. It almost seemed like it was supposed to be a soft reboot

>but the first one aged well and is pretty good overall as a parody of the horror genre
And this ruined the whole genre, once they went meta and treated the plot as a joke.

the baiter baits the baited using bait that baits the baited into taking the bait while the baiter uses the bait to get the baited
;)
:p
xDDD
c:

It WAS supposed to be a soft reboot. Kirby was supposed to survive her wounds and be the protagonist of Scream 5, but the project died with Wes.

Holy shit that would of been great. God damn that would of been awesome

realistically, what could be done with scream in the future? we have parodies of the original slasher movie, sequels, trilogies and reboots. what is next a crossover?

seems like this was some good bait. or maybe you are just that fucking retarded

That scene where Jamie Kennedy is watching Halloween saying "Look behind you Jamie (Lee Curtis), he's right behind you!" When ghost face was right behind him was kino as fuck

that's the point. it parodies reboots

I like the idea of the cast obeying rules of horror. Blood Fest kind of played to that, but wasn't a great movie overall.