Godzilla King of the Monsters /KOTM/

/alita/ is dead. All Hail the King

Attached: 1458064102346.jpg (1200x627, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XHOX1Ivyz7k
twitter.com/jacketbear/status/1112522807437451264
youtube.com/watch?v=WJfdTPTFDbc
godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Scylla
boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4516&p=.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=9tx54o-xGng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LONG LIVE THE KING

LONG LIVE THE KING

LONG LIVE THE KING

was anyone else really fucking impressed at the undersea city in it's own right? Dougherty on occasion mentioned there's no more adventure movies, I can see he really meant it because that place was seriously impressive to me, worth a movie alone honestly

I think both movies were pretty mediocre but I am okay with daily Godzilla threads for the foreseeable future.

>had a date to see this movie with a girl
>was thinking for ages of something cute I could do with her
>thought about the Blue Oyster Cult song 'Godzilla'
>the one that actually ended up playing at the end of the movie
>decide I should write a version of that song for my date
>her name is 'Kate' so I change it to 'Slutty Kate' to make it 3 syllables
>didn't expect that to be a problem
>decided to start singing it when we were in the cinema before the start of the movie
>we meet up, conversation is a little tight and difficult
>we are in the cinema
>i lean over to her
>whisper (reading from my phone)
>"With a prostitutes grimace and a terrible sound"
>"She pulls her handsome dates trousers right down"
>"Helpless people in the front row"
>"scream for god as he gets cum on them"
>"She touches his cock and slides up and down"
>"As he groans and he moans and takes her to pound town"
>"Oh no, they say she's not a ho"
>"Go Go Slutty Kate"
>as soon as I say that she gets up, and walks across the screen to a seat on the opposite side
>i watch the film
>don't try and speak to her on the way out

the film was kino at least

Attached: 1545649823405.jpg (711x620, 39K)

LONG LIVE THE KING

LONG LIVE THE KING

Also Godzilla stomped on Ghidorahs chest and fucking caved it in

Godzilla vs Megalon remake when?

This. Also really sad I missed day of rope for alitacels

That whole sequence was great, one of the best parts of the movie

I loved the shot preceding it, with the submarine diving towards the dark, with the light of the sun behind. So beautiful.

I was hoping she would have a connection to one of the monsters which was a long running theme in the older movies.

Attached: millie.jpg (1296x729, 41K)

It's really disspointing that Critics are being pure NPCs in their review of this movie. Legendary hit a grandslam in their recreation of what a Godzilla film has been. They left it open for SO many venues. The Seapeople and Megalon. Mecha Ghidorah, Biollante, even Bagan from the 1993 game. If they and Toho continue to do business im really excited for how they take this further

Mothra died for our sins

She'll get APED™ by Kang Kong in the next movie.

Based on the trailer I thought for sure she would have a spiritual connection to Mothra.

RODANBROS WHERE YOU AT?

that was effin radical.

you can make 500 exploration movies in that city

i agree. i hated how in 2014 the whole plot was "us millitary do something". i very much loved how monarch were the human focus this time.

mothra is god question mark question mark question mark?

honestly my biggest gripe is that Rodan and Ghidorah didn't have any distinctive roars or sounds but Godzilla and Mothra had theirs, it was surreal honestly hearing Mothra's actual unedited sound.

Critics are mad the divorced couple with the daughter weren't interracial.

Camrips when?

The ultimate jobber

was kinda nervous when i saw redditomatoes bout this but my faith is utterly restored now

Who's getting these?

Attached: Screenshot_20181212-223640~2.png (778x1552, 1.16M)

I choked up at most of Mothra's scenes...and she's like a B-C list of my fav toho monsters.

I'm glad she didn't. She was enough of a whizz kid already, didn't need to be more special than that.

Wait which scene was Dyson in?

Yeah. During that scene, I thought the Orca might have imprinted her onto Mothra or something for a future plot point. I'm completely satisfied though with how they actually did it with the Twins. And Zhang Ziyi I would consider one of the biggest Japanese actresses, so I'm looking forward to her continued involvement

Source? I have yet to see Weaponized Autism of this caliber.

I was holding off until I saw the movie (Ghidorah is pretty expensive) but I've made my assessment and will at least get Godzilla. American Godzilla is redeemed in my eyes.

He was such an asshole in this movie, I loved him

i just know motherfuckers here are going to post pics of hotglued mothra

Only after you buy a ticket

This movie will have convinced zero people that Rodan is cool
I know that Ghidorah's first appearance had him, but they should have used someone else if they just wanted a monster that could be a disloyal bitch. I'd go with Megalon, at least he looks cool, and there's no way they were going to use his story

Attached: mfLwgJLh.jpg (691x1024, 70K)

I got the NECAs, but have those on order too. I got room enough in my life for all the kaiju poon.

When Mothra spreads her wings behind the waterfall, he's the black scientist, I think he was supposed to be Huston Brooks from Skull Island.

UHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUH

Attached: DpHDl7eUwAAK8h8.jpg (320x431, 25K)

Mothra wasn't fluffy enough.

There, I said it

Can anyone try to get a picture of Ghidorah shooting lightning out from all over his body after he eats the electric plant?

I kept forgetting she was a girl

Mothra deserves a spinoff where she battles Batchra

Attached: 1559288876056.jpg (1242x685, 707K)

I'm really interested to see if they keep playing up the "green earth" scenery in future films. I really dig the "city being reclaimed by nature" motif.

copping ghidorah likes theres no tomrrow.
maybe even mothra.

Attached: 翔太朗 - モスラ 2019 (74792402) .png (1200x675, 1.09M)

Lmao please don’t do this. See it in the kinoplex or dvdrip only.

That's the exact opposite, people loved him

for about two decades now

Attached: 49515.jpg (256x172, 12K)

Sup bitches!!! Had to go chuck a giant ass monkey in a volcano no way that ends bad!

#effcivalization

theres probably a screenshot you can get in the trailer.

>critics agree with fans and complain 2014 didn't have enough monster stuff
>same critics bitch because they gave us what we wanted

Everytime

Western Godzilla should always be green! FACT!

Attached: 61rc9zHEzFL.jpg (338x500, 73K)

I kek’d, nice job user

>mfw I sit down in my reserved IMAX seat and see I'm next to a neckbeard I know is going to sperg the whole movie
>mfw he spergs during the obvious Easter eggs like the Oxygen Destroyer and Mothra twins scenes
>mfw he starts clapping and shouting during the final battle
>mfw he talks with his neckbeard friend extremely loudly during the entire end credits over the music
I feel like I got taken out of the experience and have to see the movie again. Retards will pay $16+ for an IMAX ticket and won't shut up during the fucking movie.

Attached: 1558654878671.jpg (125x125, 3K)

>Maser Turrets
>now Steven Martin
Dougherty you MADMAN

Attached: Rodan.png (720x540, 432K)

She's Chinese.

If millie had set the orca to make a female sound would ghidorah have tried to fuck fenway park?

Attached: alpha.jpg (768x432, 50K)

I just realized something

MOTHra likes godzilla because he's basically just a big blue lamp

Attached: 1479092673521.png (520x423, 233K)

I fucked up. Booked IMAX tickets in advance. Ate a lot of gummybears and now I'm feeling too sick to leave the house.

reposting the shitty meme I made at 5AM last night because I still think it's funny. I was really hesitant going in because I wasn't sure about Mothra's promo art but I absolutely LOVE what they did with her in the movie. I just wish she got more screen time. but Mothra will be be back, she always is. The referenced a giant egg in the end credits, I wonder if it was hers or another kaiju's
youtube.com/watch?v=XHOX1Ivyz7k

Attached: rodanbff.jpg (716x540, 117K)

I agree. She should have had a bigger head and been more kawaii.

Goji let out a small cry when she bit the dust it hurt bad

ha ha funny
get out

>Fenway and Boston proper got completely obliterated.

absolutely based

you betta move yo ass

Attached: angry.gif (498x430, 1.88M)

Someone make a comic of Godzilla being the only light in a dark mountain range or something

Attached: unknown-4.png (750x960, 701K)

>And Zhang Ziyi I would consider one of the biggest Japanese actresses

Attached: 1557516995532.jpg (182x268, 9K)

>Godzilla and Mothra are on their first date.
>How he makes her fall for him is by shooting his laser in the sky for 10 minutes

Orca uses a humans voice on a Titan frequency.... so effectively the titans are responding either to a alpha predator (humans) equal to them.... or pure parental rage because we worshiped them once and they must protect.

So Ghidorah just wants to murder humans specifically...

>the moment I heard Godzilla's Showa and 54 roar entirely unaltered

Attached: 1531056754299.jpg (326x611, 36K)

>when the whole room shook with his footprints

Attached: 1558648090161.jpg (661x614, 20K)

that got me too. they also had one or two unedited mothra calls when I loved. Kinda wish they made Ghidorah's roar a little more true to the original, he sounded kinda like Legiana from Monster Hunter. Not bad, but just a bit more different than I had hoped.

>pure parental rage

except the monsters clearly didnt give a shit about humans.
even godzilla was iffy about like 90% of the cast only caring if they were subservient or not.

That is why I go to the first showing in the morning during the week, no one to ruin your experience. And since there is hardly any people, you can always move.

That ending roar was soooo satisfying.

I was so happy. The scene where he takes out the squadron was based. He fucked up Mothra even if she got the final hit. Also he lives to fight another day.

Sorry who out of the 3 non-zilla kaiju lived?

Someone give me a quick rundown of Easter Eggs to look out for on my second viewing

Attached: Mechagodzilla.jpg (1242x651, 741K)

And the movie seems to be doing fine. You were worried about nothing. Friday earnings great compare to competition, slightly below Godzilla 2014 but the estimates for Asia are lookin incredible.

So how hard will Kong job in the next movie?

Was I the only one who got some kind of tentative romantic vibes between Russell and Zhang? Jews and roasties hate wmaf so I can see them legitimately throwing up red flags if they felt the same.

Attached: 1547756800592.jpg (914x545, 147K)

M8 Rodan was based and did plenty of impressive shit. Not his fault gravity beams are fucking broken.

Kong has not been referred to as King Kong a single time in the MV. He’ll get that title when he kills Godzilla, since the license only allow for 3 Godzilla films.

where my mothra bros at? best kaiju was done justice this time. she just needed some more screen time.

Attached: 1554232282833.jpg (2764x4096, 700K)

Sadly I have to work in the morning all week. I may see it tomorrow morning in IMAX again and Tuesday evening since my local cinema chain does $5 movies on Tuesdays.

Rodanbro here. RodanNation standup!

Attached: 341ED3E1-06A3-4D6E-B836-590677469A22.gif (476x200, 1.66M)

OH NO NBO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: ohnonono.png (34x49, 3K)

So it’s option #1 we actually scare them enough to register as an alpha at certain decibels....

Man I want to challenge Rodan now that would be hilarious!

These are small, but Castle Bravo is Monarch Outpost 54, a two-fer reference. Rodan's lair in Isla de Mona is Monarch Outpost 56.

HAIL TO THE KING

Attached: MV5BODExOTgxNjY1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjE5MzEzNzM@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,845_AL_.jpg (1777x845, 148K)

When was this?

Ghidorah was actually quite frightening, and I rarely say that about anything CG. When the Argo flew into the storm leading Rodan and you see Ghidorah looming in front of them with the demonic faces it was honestly pretty scary, the way he even looked flying was creepy in a way.

Attached: 1546539207185.jpg (1280x536, 70K)

>they got Godzilla and Mothra’s roars perfectly
>they fucked up Ghidorah’s and Rodan’s roars beyond recognition

If Kong kills Godzilla I'm fucking walking out of the theater

>mechanized giant
>tried to create organic Titans in the past
COULD IT BE
COULD THE LEGENDS BE TRUE

Attached: 15616516556.png (656x806, 744K)

I will be looking for them.

You hear the 54 roar when he fights Ghidorah in Antarctica, it's that part where you see the moon behind him. For reference from 54 it sounded like the one before he blows up the cop car.

Attached: 1954 Gojira.mkv_snapshot_01.00.50_[2018.11.29_20.17.28].png (1488x1080, 1.11M)

Mechanized giant and Monarch tried making organic Titans.... HOLY FUCKALL!!!

Jet Jaguar

I loved that scene it was so satisfying. All 3 heads looking straight toward their objective (boston, not the ship)

Really loved how they kept the whole Ghidorah is a space alien thing. I was really worried they had ditched that for the first half of the movie.

Yeah I was really disappointed in that regard, Rodan is such a wonderful and distinct sound, it would've really worked in this movie when he emerged.

Rodan, with a hook for Mothra 2 and Zombie Ghidorah

Attached: 877E6645-7D9F-4CC2-851A-15E4FF50BCAE.png (640x1136, 855K)

Well which is it

Attached: file.png (715x300, 171K)

As much as I would like to see Mecha Godzilla. I doubt they go that route. Just seems like too much of a stretch and would alienate some potential audiences gained from this movie

This would have fit so well in the monsterverse. Too bad they wasted the IP on that shitty Rock movie

Attached: arcade_rampage_01.jpg (276x344, 77K)

based and kino and fuck critics

Audience score. It's kaiju kino.

Absolutely the audience is in the right this time

Use your logic. You know this is the only possible route. You Incelzilla faggots are so fucked, and I can’t wait to see Kong finally get actual recognition.

Toho will not allow Hollywood to kill Godzilla, I’m pretty sure that’s part of their agreement

Legendary legally cannot call him King Kong. Kong's rights are a mess.

A movie made for fans means I'm trusting the fans opinions on it.

They said the same thing about making Ghidora an alien.

MechaGodzilla would fit perfectly fine. In fact, it's one of the easier Godzilla concepts to adapt to a realistic setting

Next in line, next to flop.

Attached: f34rf3f234.jpg (720x480, 154K)

How would you make a video game tie in for this movie?

Attached: powerarmor.gif (400x300, 1.33M)

Senpai, there was some spat between the local distributor and WB over here in Polandistan, the movie was out of nowhere delayed to June 14th last month.
I won't hold out that long, Bros. I need a screener and I need it nao.

You are an audience member, not a film critic with a stick up his ass

critics have a fundamental misunderstanding of what a godzilla movie is and are shitting on the "weak plot" because the human characters aren't that great and their interactions are pretty cliche

He's gonna look so cool
Also wouldn't be surprised if the synthetic Titan is Biolante

Attached: sample-f92adc18e6d0945e8f6288170e4612ea.jpg (850x992, 152K)

I literally liked every human character (except Millie the goblin) when I didn't think I would, the jew from the Optimum commercials I thought was going to annoy the shit out of me but he was surprisingly reserved, even the bald nigress colonel didn't feel like the usual SJW tokenism. Dance seemed kind of goofy like he was just phoning it in but that's still serviceable.

Yeah but they only mentioned Ghidorah being an alien in passing. I dunno, I just think it would be too distracting and take away from the general direction the last 2 films are going. Yeah they got the potential tech, but then the human storyline would have to revolve around it and I think that would get too convoluted. Probably better potential story lines and Kaijus to get out the way efore mecha Godzilla or mecha Ghidorah

Are we gonna talk about the other female muto?
legit surprised me

I think the critics are too harsh. They're neglecting to consider the love letter the movie is. Give it a 60ish% or even 50%and I'd agree, because to be fair they're looking at it as a movie by itself

The only Critic review that matters is RLM

Whose your loyal Kaiju Waifu bros? the one you know you can count on to have your back in a brawl. Mothra is already spoken for

Attached: Mothra-waifu.jpg (1200x627, 61K)

I was so happy they didn't forget about Muto, what a cool monster

Attached: theghostfire.png (653x400, 218K)

it wasn't really in passing, they discussed it pretty much as far as they need to, even mentioned he causes so much turbulence because he's transforming the planet to his own needs

I liked the fuck huge mammoth.

>They mentioned it in passing
But it was still critical to the plot

They can understand metaphoric Godzilla because it's very easy to appreciate such movies. But would the same people also like Mothra vs. Godzilla which is considered one of the best in the series?

Did they WANT people to fap to this poster?

Attached: 1559317229819.jpg (1455x2048, 342K)

I don't know who else it could be besides Biollante. unless they try to push a "Titanosaurus was a genetic experiment" angle. which I wouldn't really complain about. Though I seriously doubt I'll get to see Titanosaurus again.

The critics

Attached: gamera1.jpg (284x262, 12K)

Imagine in 2014 Godzilla.
>We must Nuke San Fran to kill Godzilla. Its 1000x stronger than the Bikini Islands one

>Detonates Nuke on Godzilla and Mutos

>Godzilla and Mutos become 1000x stronger and all meltdown in one place fighting each other.

>Whoops

I think that was more of Legendary Pictures paying homage. Their take on the Kaiju bowing to the Original Kaiju.

>create organic titans
Biollante con-fucking-firmed.

>41% of 193
>90% of 1,769
Go see the movie. You won't be disappointed.

>to be fair they're looking at it as a movie by itself
I could accept that but for the fact that it was a great standalone movie. My two friends who are normies and have never seen another Godzilla movie besides 2014 and maybe 1998 loved it. Compare that to Endgame, which was a complete mess as a standalone film, but is still critically acclaimed by Disney shills.

did anyone else honestly fucking love this thing (and Castle Bravo)? I don't care if it's a bit capeshit, flying around the world chasing monsters in this big fuckoff futuristic fortress with a bunch of scientist buddies is comfy

Attached: KOTM_-_Rodan_Gives_Chase.jpg (1920x804, 326K)

When are they reviewing it?

Focus on the other monsters we don't get to see a lot of and their rampages across the globe.

Behemoth... he seems pretty chill when not berserk.
Regrew the Amazon to its former glory in like 4 days.

reminded me of the Super X-3 but bigger

Attached: Super_X3.JPG.jpg (543x281, 25K)

that odd insect thing from the oil fields was cool

>Russell family dies
>not KotM
Phew, that was close.

I adore it... I have a robot/military vehicle boner

>except the monsters clearly didnt give a shit about humans.
Except that's wrong. He doesn't go out of his way to kill humans, even when we fucking nuked him. He WILL cause collateral damage if he's fighting another kaiju though. Hell, he even goes out of his way to SAVE humans in 2014. On the bridge scene, he accidentally causes some ships to sink when he gets out of the water, some dickbag starts shooting at him, causing everyone to shoot, and since the missiles had no fixed target, they almost killed everyone on the bridge. Godzilla stood up and took the missile blasts to save everyone, but since he was a visible target now the focused fire caused him to slip and crash through the bridge, thus killing everyone he tried to save.
>even godzilla was iffy about like 90% of the cast only caring if they were subservient or not.
He specifically comes to Monarch's base to alert them that Ghidorah was about to be freed. He was on the defensive because he KNEW monarch were the ones studying the titans, and thought they were the ones waking up Ghidorah when they started getting ready to shoot him. It's why he decides to lead them to Ghidorah once they stand down.

Ghidorah literally went out of his way to eat people. Rodan didn't go out of his way to eat them, but did go out of his way to kill the ones attacking him. Godzilla never did, even when provoked. He was ONLY going to attack humans intentionally when he thought they were the ones fucking waking up Ghidorah.

>you have two minutes to vacate the premises, /kotm, we've developed a new weapon, we call it _______

Attached: William_Stenz.jpg (538x720, 112K)

it wasnt really good desu

the Seed and Feed

looks like boobies

Scylla, she refroze the icecaps apparently in 2 days... can we discuss how the fuck even??

"THAT"

Godzilla visits Japan at the end and people throw a festival for him, according to one of the papers.

hated the film. anyway, was that supposed to be kumonga?

How should I see it? Standard, imax, or 3D?

Attached: 91089263-AFAD-424B-8578-1162B1563396.jpg (1080x1726, 151K)

i would have thought it would have poison based monster

even if they dont, i will.

Looked even better than in Aquaman. Maybe because I saw Godzilla in IMAX and Aquaman in some podunk hick town.

Mothra was based as fuck. She nearly stole the show for me. The fact that they gave her her original roar and theme was so kino.

Was Gigan in it?

reminder that critics suck

Blastyerass 4K IMAXimum Kinoplex Vision in 5D.

I don't know if you're serious or not, but either way I'm sad that twitter.com/jacketbear/status/1112522807437451264 turned out to be an April Fools joke

Rodan = Chaotic Neutral
Ghidorah = Chaotic Evil
Mothra = Lawful Good
Godzilla = Neutral Good

ALL

But for real see it in IMAX.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

No, but Ghidorah is a confirmed alien, so space monsters are not totally ruled out.

youtube.com/watch?v=WJfdTPTFDbc

Attached: FIRE DEMON.gif (498x280, 3.09M)

did they give him a cow to eat?

Apparently it’s an ice elemental or something...

The one in the Sahara creates jungles overnight and reversed desertification there so it’s safe to say all titans are elementals...

I loved this movie, but wasnt there something about the radiation regrows forests where the titans have been? So the forests are radioactive, right?

Actually, is Dolby cinema the best option?

Attached: 8B123954-7A5C-453A-A6FE-0398164DB2B1.jpg (1399x361, 144K)

Sicilians belong in zoos

oh my
Radical

That's Anguris(sp)

His fight with Mothra was great. I loved him trying to bite her head off only to pause as he gets stabbed in the shoulder.

Attached: Rodan Metal Album 1.jpg (2048x2048, 960K)

Oh the reason is definitely Disney shilling
I'm just saying if the score was 50-60 I'd accept it at least. I'd still disagree, but I'd accept it as a plausible, nonDisney influenced, score

Sounds like it's worth a shot to me.

>Rodan didn't go out of his way to eat them,

did...did we see the same movie?
because I remember a SPECIFIC scene where that happens.
unless you are saying its okay that he ate those people because they attacked him first.

So if we never saw all monsters could it be that those that woke up offscreen are there just in case Legendary buys more Toho monstes? If it's true then they'd have to do it before the premiere because the shooting for Godzilla vs. Kong is already finished. Either way I hope to see all the monsters. They can't just tease them and never show them it never happened in the series.

>she

Not a manchild, so toys for me kid.

Which Kaijus go where?

Attached: fb4.png.jpg (999x799, 62K)

That's really good to hear, I was worried that they were all going to be prehistoric monsters. Space monsters are alot of fun

anyone else get fired up when Zilla was straight beating ass when he got Ghidora under water? That scene got my so damn hype.

Did we see Kong bowing to the king?

Dunno. Someone might have a cap, I didn't have time to read all the text. There's an article that's titled "Godzilla pays surprise visit to Japan"

I want to the Monsterverse to continue ONLY if Dougherty is in charge. He's earned his accolades with this one.

Attached: DuEsl6tV4AA4UGP.png (1920x816, 1.8M)

you know they should really build him a new house.
A "we are sorry" present to win him over

No apparently it’s just they are elementals... a Titan in the Sahara created full jungles overnight while the mammoth, Behemoth, reversed deforestation and restored the Amazon... in days. SpiderSquid, Scylla, reversed and stopped the icecaps melting...

And one Titan has restored all endangered species back from the brink somehow...

Rodan was trying to rape her. Why didn't Godzilla fuck him up?

>still no camrip

very problematic

Holy fuck was that sky dance amazing
Mothra also looked great with the fire damage

Awww lookie, little turtleboi is jealous

I really hope this movie makes $700m, considering Venom and Aquaman I think it's possible

If you're going for the flash and thunder of a high production value kaiju flick and not the artistry of the medium of cinema, you'll be fine.

No, Kong will refuse to bend the knee in the next movie and Godzilla will go straight-up Daenerys on Skull Island.

cool beans

Mothra Lawful Good
Godzilla True Neutral
Rodan Chaotic Neutral
Ghidorah Chaotic Evil

>Watching a movie made for IMAX via camrip
Brave, based and campilled

SARABA TOMO YO

>And one Titan has restored all endangered species back from the brink somehow...

so it just made all animals ridiculously horny?
or like... does it have multiplication powers?

that doesnt even make any sense considering the the Titans had been rampaging for only like 2 days or something

Looking forward to the blu-ray or some super high quality shot so I can have this as my laptop background.

Attached: file.png (885x898, 768K)

I wish the "camera" work was a little more stable for that. I would have preferred it be one "wide shot"
It's all computer generated so it shouldn't make a difference anyway
They're absolutely saving them, and yes it will be irritating if they never get used

GOJIRA-DA

There were so many wallpaper shots in this movie

I'm a noob with the Monsterverse. What's Monarch supposed to be?

Yeah that was pretty incredible just how savage it was, I was even saying no fucking way Ghidorah would have the advantage in the ocean when Godzilla just bit his fucking head off

he learned his place at the end also Goji was busy trying to murder Ghidorah

that last shot of them bowing down to godzilla was just pure kino

one of the best closing shots of the decade

How much do you think it has to make for Warner to continue making them? I'm sure they've taken the competition and lack of Star power into account when considering the gross

lmao pathetic poorfag

I think he somehow managed to restore their habitat and they multiplied.

i have a boner

did you watch the movie you null brain
they take care of the big monsters

The organization that studies and contains the monsters
See the damn movie, today

Move Godzilla to Lawful Neutral
Put Kong in Neutral Good
The rest of the titans go to True Neutral

>audiences love this movie
>Yea Forums threads gushing over it
>I left unimpressed and unsatisfied
I feel like I missed out
every single shot of any of the kaiju was beautiful, without a doubt, but all the fights were really unfulfilling for me

Attached: sad_keanu.jpg (307x409, 32K)

Are there any good screencaps of that, in particular the big Godzilla-human statues are what I want

Stick with Imax, go for the biggest, best optimized screen possible.

Link me the source Zoomer

Attached: 1528925182740.jpg (376x349, 22K)

I liked that they showed that Godzilla wrecks if he fights monsters in the ocean. All the other main monsters were fliers, so this is his one true advantage location.

Audience. Kaiju kino is back on the menu.
Kong: Skull Kino was fun too.

What did you dislike about them? Personally a bit more beams flying would have been cool but I appreciated the sheer wrestling and grappling going on with how savagely both Godzilla and Ghidorah wanted to kill each other.

Just go watch the MCU and you'll be satisfied.

Found the picture on some guy's twitter, sorry mate. If I had a link for a cam, I'd give it to you.

Will Godzilla and Kong team up to fight Ghiodora 2 in Kong VS Zilla? With the post creds showing Ghiodoras severed head that nigga is coming back in some form, right?

I really loved the movie. It opened the doors to a lot of things, and what did happen in the movie was good. I did feel like they could have shown a bit more of the fights.

You probably just didn’t like the boomer Godzilla films

George vs Lizzy was a kino fight.

Me too, bro. In fact I pretty much didn't enjoy myself past the midway point. I can't say i didn't like it without being called a Disney anti-shill.

Gonna see it again tonight an try to get something out of it.

>tfw American Godzilla film beats the Jap ones.

...overnight?

Gigan lawful evil

Gotta replay this game some time I fucking loved it.

>mfw charred Mothra protecting Godzilla from Ghidorah
There was some kino in this movie

monarch is nerv and Charles dance is seele

For comedy let’s go with wanton primal fucking... and multiplication powers...

This is post-Ghidorah, up to a week after. So Sahara Titan, probably Moklemembe day one stopped desertification and grew jungles, day two Scylla saved the icecaps, day three Behemoth restored the Amazon, and day 5 Rodan told everyone to fuck off cause he now owns Japan...

No idea about what the fuck happens on day four and when the Titan that’s responsible for animals stopping being endangered did it’s thing...

All of these weren't just "In two days" kind of a deal, these were news reports about what happened after Godzilla got everyone to submit, and iirc no specific timeframes were given on how long it took to restore ecosystems.

One of the papers even say that Godzilla patrolling the oceans caused new reef growth thanks to his radiation, so the coral reefs were booming, and sea life flourished even after the oxygen destoryer went off.

There were too many human scenes in this movie. Nowhere near as egregious as 2014 but it’s still pretty bad. The whole movie should have been monsters, they could cut it down to 1hr 30 minutes as a result. I don’t watch these movies for their plot or characters, I just wanna see monsters fighting, anyone who thinks it should be more than that has autism.

Goji is a lucky dino.

The movie ending with a 'post-kaiju world' opens so many doors. Is this the birth of Kaijupunk?

Im pretty sure the credit articles take place months after the movie.
They talk about finding another Mothra-like egg,
The Titans showing signs of past rivalries
The Titans going to Skull Island
Questioning King Kongs strength
Finding new cave painting of Godzilla slaying Kongs ancestors (apparently. Only one Godzilla known, Kong had Parents.)

How would you feel if the big bad of GvK was an original new form of Ghidorah?

It's because they were too short. There's a three hour directors cut.

>Mothra, wings burning, and near death
>Still goes to protect Godzilla from Ghidorah
Shes the best girl.

That spider thing was Scylla? I'm not buying it.

I'd rather they just went with Kaiser Ghidorah if they have to reuse him at all.

They need to release that on DVD and add in Rodan's roar and then I'll possibly be happy.

It says two days on Scylla for the icecaps, but the article dates were really blurry but the last and first were definitely in a week time period of each other... unless out of order so who knows until the dvd or some bro who gets he pics...

A month sounds more likely honestly.

i would like destroyah more but hey the dragon was pure hype the entire time he was on screen

The story about the guy and his cunt wife was really awful. Everything else was kino though.

To be fair I honestly think the pilot literally ejected into Rodan's mouth. Almost like how a gnat will fly into our mouths. We don't want to eat them, but it happens.

Yeah I like hoes he’s basically portrayed as a demonic figure while keeping him being an alien kaiju origin, they e talked about doing a prequel movie set thousands of years before but a first contact ghidora film would be Kino, especially if it’s all monsters and humans can’t do shit

I'd rather we see an old monster, but a new form of Ghidora would be really cool too

No, senpai.
There was some spat between WB and the local distributor in my country. The movie was suddenly delayed to June 14th last month.

godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Scylla
Source is actually the novel and her bio folder in the movie.

Humans and kaiju living in harmony under wise and peaceful rule of King Godzilla. All is well until a certain hairy revolutionary comes out of nowhere to ruin everything. And Charled Dance will be behin everything

Anyone notice how at first the heads didn’t all get along and the middle one was dominant and slapping around the left one until it regenerated cool feature to include

HELLO? I HAVE JUST UNLEASHED ALL THE KAIJU. I DID IT ON PURPOSE.

Attached: 1550923147755.gif (499x206, 741K)

That part where goji tried to drown Ghidora was great

That Spider in Skull Island was top nope.

Fuck critics are trash it’s a fucking Godzilla movies

Rodan eats the dude AFTER he ejects right in to his mouth. But he wasn't going out of his way to eat the pilots or the cockpits, etc. Just to destroy them.

Ghidorah on the other hand, he specifically goes out of his way to eat the humans. He did it with Serizawa's research partner and some of the other people there.

Loved the movie, will see it again at least twice I think.
What were those OC kaiju all about though?
They looked so trippy, but we didn't get to see them doing anything at all.

Please do me a personal favor and wait to buy a ticket anyway

lmao imagine going out in public in 2019

Unironically brilliant idea

I'm more inclined to believe Godzilla becomes a bad king and will not tolerate lack of fealty from Kong.
What makes me say this is how goddamn mean he looked when he was scowling at Rodan and the other monsters at the end.

>only titan to ignore Ghidorah after he declares himself winner
>stays loyal to her husbando Godzilla
>saves him twice

She was perfect.
>

Well sunovabitch. I mean I'm not all that angry about them using Scylla but at the same time if they were going to go after only ONE Greek myth they go after one of the most bad ass designed creatures and turn it into a cloverfield-spider? It's kind of a let down for me.

It’s not a spider

Attached: 11367D70-B95A-4792-9029-D3DE3C59423F.jpg (1242x658, 733K)

You do not cut what majority of your budget went into. What got shredded and left of the cutting floor was the human aspect. They left the bare minimum to keep a reasonable runtime.
The Sfx sequences were finalized early on, since that aspect is pretty much 1:1 with a cut from year ago.

Before that Rodan swipes a pilot straight out of cockpit with his talons and puts them in his mouth

>Finding new cave painting of Godzilla slaying Kongs ancestors

but in his own canon comic book it was literally shown to be the lizard things that killed mommy and daddy so....?????

either the writers are hacks or you are bullshitting

Attached: saggy gorilla tits.jpg (1280x720, 252K)

What a ho, if she had any self respect she would have left the cinema.

Cast Credits roll. Near the end of them
>GODZILLA AS HIMSELF
>MOTHRA AS HERSELF
>GHIDORAH AS HIMSELF
>RODAN AS HIMSELF

So gay yet so good.
Kinda like how they kept reusing stock footage from 2014 and Skull Island. They did that on purpose, right? A throwback to the old Godzillas constantly reusing stock footage on video screens?

Am I right to expect Mecha Ghidorah, per the post credits?

they were just to show that other Titans were waking up and humans have no hope if they do try and kill them

Any remember those dark noirish painting that get posted all the time, in “movies with this tone” threads? They show up in Cthulhu threads. It’s a bunch of statues at a severe angle in a row, lots of black, reddish browns?

Literally Atlantis.

>i would like destroyah more

Desotroyah is endgame shit, GvK I'd actually like Ebirah if they beefed him up. Kumonga too.

I'd like to believe she got the axe because she had to fuck a fishman. Shame too since she was a cutie but if it makes more screen time for the Chad Zhang I'm okay with it.

Oh, I will, more than once probably. But I don't think I can hold on for two more weeks. I need my fix, Nigga.

>Kaiju celebrities
What are their real life personalities?

Either that, a clone, or Destroyah

Well none of those guys backed him up, and he had just went through s bunch of shit and Rodan fucked up his waifu

Look up what ancestors means.

King Gidorah = Harvey Weinstein.

He's regal already. I don't think I'd like Godzilla becoming an antagonist all of a sudden with Kong winning and earning title "King". By coincidende Kong has King in his name and there's no way they aren't going to use that.

hopefully not
We already saw Ghidorah so I dont wanna see ghidorah AGAIN.

I'd rather it be Ghidorah that mutates into Desoyah or like Biollante.
also have it fuck up those lesser titans to establish threat levels.

I ment as in a cave painting of one Kong vs Godzilla. Not a painting of Godzilla killing all the Kongs
Just saying, it shows Godzilla has battled previous Kongs on occasion and is seemingly undefeated

Did you get yours?

Attached: IMG_20190531_012554.jpg (3024x4032, 3.57M)

Speaking of fucking up other titans what the fuck did Mothra pump into Rodan to make him job so hard there at the end?

He looked that way at Rodan because fucker was an enemy the whole movie, and given the cave paintings where it's shown he or another of his kind fought alongside Godzilla in the past a traitor too

Rodan was just trying to start shit again

Lol what yes they did. They all have their classic roars in there, just updated for the monsterverse. Mothra’s sounds the most like her original incarnation though. You can clearly hear Ghidorah’s creepy cackle in almost every sound it makes. Rodan & Godzilla don’t even need specific examples.

So do conventional weapons hurt the Kaiju or not? I mean, Godzilla seems to barely even notice whenever they hit him, but Rodan and Ghidora sort of recoil in pain and get pissed whenever missiles hit them. Could you kill a Kaiju if you had millions of regular missiles, or would it just be like flicking someone with a rubber band over and over?

Godzilla is a bro but falls in love too easily
Ghidorah is like heath ledger really gets into his role

A part of me really hopes GvK eventually turns in to a kaiju buddy cop movie.

They also got Typhon but we haven’t seen him yet...

And honestly she is not a spider... she is a squid with crab legs for land travel

But Ghidorah is a final boss material.
They are forced to make an OC final boss now, Biollante's origin is too specific, and Destroyah doesn't have the proper build up, since OD was treated like a disposable plot device instead the horror it was.

The success of KOTM and GvK will probably determine whether Toho extends the licenses for Legendary to keep making movies. Toho is also considering rebooting the Godzilla series themselves.

GODZILLA PASSES YOU THE KING GHIDORAH BOOF DO YOU TAKE IT?

I really hope Rodan won't just betray Godzilla if Kong wins the first round. He filled the role of a henchman and those rarely survive. Make it count and allow Rodan to change if there's no Anguirus.

Mothra's was literally her usual cry, it wasn't edited at all or just barely, not even enough to cal it an update. Rodan and Ghidorah did not sound as distinct or clear.

Kinda hard with only a head... probably Bagan

Very good question. The only thing I can think of is that they wrote it in is so the humans could look like they were somehow helping the good monsters out.

Best female representation in ages
>Motherly and protective
>Loyal
>Can still fight
MvP of the film desu.
Now I just want Godzilla to FUCK her in the sequel

>second Mothra
PLEASE

You're kidding with Rodan, right? He just squawks, doesn't sound anything like his old roar.

The other monsters at the end were fucking traitorous shits. Only Mothra remained loyal throughout the film, and she died saving him, So of course he'd be fucking pissed at the lot of them.

First floplita, now flopzilla. Cringe.

Have I seen a different cut of the movie than you fuckers or what?
>95% is shitty human drama
>kaiju fights are 5 minutes tops
>most of the time they're undercut with more shitty human drama

>sea monster standalone MonsterVerse film
>Rodan remake
>Beast From 20,000 Fathoms remake
There’s so much cool shit they could do with this universe.

In the credits Scylla is a squid-like Titan. Spider is named something else.

They're just being NPCs. They see one shot of a monster and are instantly happy.

>complaining about humans in godzilla movies in 2019

Attached: 1553386266853.png (420x420, 405K)

boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4516&p=.htm

FRIDAY AM UPDATE: WB's Godzilla: King of the Monsters delivered a healthy $6.3 million in Thursday evening previews beginning at 4PM in approximately 3,600 locations. The performance is dramatically ahead of the $3.7 million brought in by Kong: Skull Island back in March 2017 ahead of a $61 million debut. It is, however, $3 million behind the first Godzilla movie, though that film debuted with a massive $93 million following its $9.3 million in previews. Other comparable preview performances include Shazam!'s $5.9 million, Detective Pokemon's $5.7 million, and the $5.9 million in previews for John Wick: Chapter 3 just a couple weeks ago ahead of a $56.8 million bow.

Literally his last scene he does his classic roar...

Whatever is most convenient for the plot

Just the idea of a horror film with a sea monster makes me cum. They better not fuck this up and make the MV just “Godzilla and co”

Rodan does?
I'll have to pay attention.

>t. has never seen another Godzilla movie
You come for the monsters, you stay for the plot.

>Kong debuted at 5.3
Get fucked, Cuck Kong faggots

Worldwide projections compared to Aladdin look great as well. We'll see how it goes. Budget is also smaller than previously believed which is good for the final margin.

Incorrect...
Looks spidery to me

Fuck no. I came for the monsters, not Mille Bobby Brown screaming ''MOMMY'' or ''DADDY'' in 50 different ways.
It gets worse when the only bearable characters nukes himself in order to get the fuck out of this shitfest

Was wondering that too. Only good human scenes were the ones with Watanabe

>3/4 films are about Godzilla
>all films include Godzilla in some form
OH NO NO NO NO NO

Don't worry, user. I think your meme is funny.

>not using King Ghidorah
Damn straight, there's only one King of the Monsters, and it isn't a three-bit reptilian space bat.

Ten sequels

MBB barely did anything until the final act though.

They’ll probably have to team up to beat Mecha Ghidorah.

2014 came out when fucking nothing else was out. That’s why it did so well. This year is polluted with a bunch of Disney bullshit

Toho should just fuck off and let them make more while continuing the shit set up in shin Godzilla

>Twins are never seen onscreen together
I was pissed

The bit with her screaming at Ghidorah was pretty cool

>Rodan and Ghidorah did not sound as distinct or clear
Just say you’ve never watched their old movies or just don’t remember what they used to sound like.

NEw

Unless Dance bullshits some self-repairing nano-tech I fail to see how this ghidorah is improved by replacing 95% of him with machine.

are you going to tell me Rodan sounded anything loud crisp and clear like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=9tx54o-xGng

>shitty human drama
>"goodbye old friend"
>the soccer mom pulling a sacrifice by rushing Ghidorah
>Mothra's first appearance

Like it or not, kaiju movies need a human element. All things said, the human element was fine in this one.
Also saying it's 95% is an exaggeration

It's funny because in some movies, Godzilla is hurt and even almost killed by electricity. In other movies, he gets a power-up from lightning.

Kumonga is Scylla lol

I just want to see destoroyah

Shin Godzilla was obviously intended to be a standalone experimental film.

I was expecting there to be 2 people in the seats to my left, cause it showed that it was reserved, but they were empty.
Had a nice asian couple to my right, just coughed from time to time like it was china don't think she covered her mouth, wasn't looking over.
My only gripe is that the movie had no IMAX sequences, so the whole screen never filled up. Think I'll watch it again but in dolby cinema this time or try digital IMAX.
Also could've used another SQREEEEONK or 2

Already? Goddamn.

Fuck off knock out venom. Good thing too, I always thought silk wasn’t enough for Mothra. They also didn’t really do a whole lot with the “god rays” thing besides for visuals, so I’m hoping when another Mothra is inevitably born that we see more that weaponized bioluminescence.

I guess they're saving that for the next movie. Maybe they're trying to walk the audience into it rather than jumping right into magical twins communicating with Mothra with telepathy. That might be too outlandish for the normalfags.

My bets are going to them having it be the Ghidorah head mutated with the Oxygen Destroyer somehow to create Destoroyah. I think Ghidorah's regenerative properties will instead be translated into Destoroyah's transformation ability

I fucking hate Legiana chain scream

Not really... she is a crabsquid spider

Spider is at the end of that sentence, so I’ll just let you live with that.

And it sucked ass. If you are going to make a live action Evangelion you can’t remove the robots!

That was pretty much what happened at the end of the anime movies

But squids! Tentacles! Hentai??

They're already confirmed for vs Kong.
GET FUCKING HYPE FOR SINGING

Attached: received_404981626770288.png (1027x970, 1.18M)

>Mecha King Ghidorah
>Middle head is only organic part
>Body is all Tech

Forget improvement, tis pottery

Attached: received_445651626198259.png (1027x970, 1.3M)

Attached: received_2877215332503156.png (1027x970, 1.29M)

>6 million
i didn't know godzilla was a nazi

There's more than the 4 in the movie, but you guys can go find em. I ain't tryin to spam

Attached: received_650096385503033.png (1027x970, 1.66M)

Post some KotM webms frens I need some clips to show my friends how epic shit shit is.

Hey Shut up!