Why did Game of Thrones get so much hate? Seasons 7 and 8 were nothing more than the adapted version of GRRMs outline...

Why did Game of Thrones get so much hate? Seasons 7 and 8 were nothing more than the adapted version of GRRMs outline. The ending fits poetically with Bran having the first chapter in the main series.

Attached: 1558551158183.jpg (649x365, 14K)

The only acceptable ending envolves Night King killing all major characters.

brainlet

Because they rushed the events of two entire seasons (including pivotal development of certain characters like Daenerys) in two episodes.

>GRRM outline
The problem is they just adapt those outlines, but how did it get to that point is awful.
Let's say George Lucas give you the outline for the original trilogy:
>Luke is Darth Vader son
>The emperor gets killed by Darth Vader
>Luke and his father reconciled
>Luke and Leia are actually siblings
>The rebels beat the empire
Instead of the plot as we know it, you get two writers who try to make up their own plot to get to those outlines. Instead of through fighting, Luke finds out his true origin thanks to some hidden birth certificate inside Ben's drawer. The emperor has massive advantage over the rebels but choose to make the most stupid decisions imaginable to destroy their own advantage. Darth Vader kills the emperor halfway through ROTJ before he is properly introduced. Luke just talked his father into betraying the empire and join the rebellion for no reason whatsoever but because his son convince him with a few talk. Also Leia is secretly Vader's bastard daughter and after finding it out she turn evil and join the empire instead. The rebels thanks to Darth Vader force power manage to beat Leia and the rest of the empire.

Does it make sense? No? That's the problem with GoT season 7 & 8.

Attached: Aaaggghhh save me Jorah.png (794x594, 763K)

Because brainlets with the memory of a goldfish forget everything that happened prior to the last season and love to hate.

What happened last season?

Cutest psycho!

Attached: 11.png (699x917, 720K)

Because it was bare bones and contrived

Attached: n5154hlowc131.jpg (1242x680, 81K)

The only thing important in season 7 was Jon fucking Dany, everything else was irrelevant

seasons 7 and 8 were just a collection of really high budget book spoilers put on screen

Given that the books have been drastically different from the show in some ways, I hold out hope that either the broad strokes of the ending will NOT be the same (ie King Bran, shitfuckery with Dany, Jon NOT being King and still alive, Six Kingdoms/Queen in da Norf etc) or at very least they take a MUCH better road there.

The entire ending seemed rushed and disjointed, with characters completely flipping their shit in the last season for no good fucking reason. Varys survived everything else, but walks down in view of everyone and talks to Jon, raises treason with Tyrion even though he promised Dany he would come to her first etc... stupid! The whole King Bran thing is a huge asspull clusterfuck , as is Tyrion's speech (great story? Nobody has a better "story" than Jon and there's zero reason anyone should believe in and trust Bran's magical whoopteedoo is not malicious etc) and the fact that ALL THE FUCKING ARMIES OF WESTEROS are somehow so fucking afraid of a few Unsullied and raging Dothraki that those assholes can rage about Jon, and then fuck off to Naath anyway. Hell, Dany going face-heel-turn in pretty much one event, Drogon burninating the Iron Throne but NOT Jon . Jaime's story was meh but Cersei's was really, really shittily unsatisfying after all she did etc. There's a lot more and even some bits easier, but overall its a clusterfuck.

I really hope the books will be much better. Ideally, let them come to a different end at least partially (ie it doesn't even have to be both Jon and Dany ruling together, if they do the proper Azor Ahai myth completely where Jon ends up having to sacrifice Dany - she could be willing or otherwise - in some way in order to defeat the NK and forge Lightbringer. Still I don't think a Dany + Jon ending would be bad or "too happy" depending on what messages it had etc.

Cause it's trash

>One (unwritten) books worth of material spread over two seasons
>Rushed

Every other season is an adaptation of 1 book

from what I've seen, there are 3 camps of faggots:
>"boohoo why dany isn't a goody twoshoe disney princess I wanted my happy ending fuck you D&D"
>"boohoo why isn't my blank so-speshul self-insert character Jon "Big Dick" Snow sitting on the throne? I thought this was how it was gonna end fuck you D&D"
>"muh rushed muh rushed muh rushed muh rushed fuck you D&D"

>Muh JonxDany
t.seething r/freefolk roastie

The final resolution is very similar to what might have been expected from Martin himself, which many people do not seem to remember that he has always deliberately dissatisfied the reader.
We can discuss about the staging and probably that season 6-7 and 8 could have been better managed still, the ending is very close to Got's soul and I wouldn't change it in books.

When Tyrion says something like: "I managed to satisfy no one, which is probably the best thing." It's pretty much true.

Aside from the salty bookfags the hate is almost exclusively coming from normies and dumb roasties.
S8 had the biggest non shocking reveal of all time that the most popular character framed as a hero was actually Westerosi Stalin all along. Now all the brainlets who cheered as Dany mass murdered brown people had their sub 90 iq revealed and are desperately trying to save face through blaming the writers

S8 was literally a pleb filter but not because it was particularly deep or good. Just effective at making people who couldn't pay attention seeth.

What about those of us that think its been dogshit since the finale of s4? And who think you are a faggot bootlicker

The problem isn't the ending, or how we got there, it's both. If it's Martin's actual ending it's also bad and explains why it's taken so long

>why do game of thrones season 8 gets so much hate?
>respond
>some anonymous retard assumes some retarded assumption to make a strawman out of my post
pray there where did I said in my post that season 8 was good?

you forgot the
>STANNIS STANNIS STANNIS STANNIS crowd
and the
>Psycho!Dany a cute she deserves the throne due to being literally Hitler
crowd

those are just a handful of ironic teens who probably feel edgy for saying nigger on /pol/