Lars Von Trier

Can we have a thread about this guy? What do we think about his work?

I honestly feel like he's one of the best directors of our time. I know people say his films are edgy, subversive, and pretentious - but I find them captivating, unique, and extremely immersive.
The endings he strings together always feel very impactful. Sometimes he pulls the rug out from underneath, but they're always memorable and leave me feeling emotionally dazed for a while.
Do you like any of his films?

Attached: image.jpg (613x535, 56K)

he's a genius auteur. Antichrist is a masterpiece and I think Breaking the Waves is one of my all time favorites

he was a great director who after dogville decided to become a provocateur hack for some reason. its truly bizarre

Antichrist is surprisingly one of my least favorites. As usual though, I love its ending. Why do you like it? Yet to see breaking the waves but I just bought it yesterday.

Dogville and Breakkng the Waves are the only ones I haven't seen. You didn't like Melancholia or The House that Jack Built?

>I honestly feel like he's one of the best directors of our time
He is but his movies are hit and miss

What are your favorites?

Why didn't Mads Mikkelsen has worked with him yet? Von Trier tried to fuck his wife too?

Riget was a masterpiece.

melancholia i dont really mind but its really not comparable to his great films (dancer, breaking the waves, dogville and the kingdom series) . jack was okay but i had zero expectations after nymphomaniac. i think old lars could have done much more with it

Europe, Idiots, Dogville, Antichrist
His worst are probably Manderley and Nymphomaniac. Yet to see Jack

my favorites from him are dancer in the dark and the kingdom (riget) anyways

Ever since he started making self reflective films his quality went down Jack was kino though

nymphomaniac was truly the low point it was so dishonest (in every sense) and cheap.

Ah damn I loved Nymphomaniac haha. One of my favorites with Dancer in the Dark and Melancholia. Why'd you guys dislike it so much?

Check out Jack. It's pretty good but the ending is beautiful.

Huh, keep forgetting about Kingdom. I'll check that out next. Dancer was awesome by the way, just saw it a week ago. Bjork was a great choice for the music, I particularly enjoyed the song by the train tracks.

How was it dishonest? I feel like ppl say it's excessively shocking. But I thought the over gratuitous sex scenes made it feel more realistic because it's almost like you were more involved and you were seeing her sex-centric downfall through her eyes.

Elements of Crime was shit and I could barely tell what I was watching, it's like this gad didn't know what a lightbulb was. Epidemic is shit specially those 5 continuous minutes of a bitch crying. Melancholia was pretty kino except for that spoiler beginning. Antichrist was mediocre. Nymphomaniac was shit and I only watched it out of morbid curiosity.

What is this fag best work so I can give him one last chance?

This guy's a cancerous faggot that makes degenerate films that try to lead beta males by the dick to the box office.

Riget. Preferably if you can understand Swedish and Danish.

This

Retard who sold out as soon as he could. Protestantism is atheism. Hope he's as miserable as the last flick suggests.

What the fuck was the ending in Antichrist? I didn't get it.

Chaos reigns