Shin Godzilla Universe died because of Monsterverse

Now that it's official that the Monsterverse is a complete failure, what kind of Shin Godzilla Universe movies would of happened instead in your minds guys?

Attached: images.jpg (183x275, 9K)

Shin Godzilla was fucking shit.

Shin Godzilla doesn't need a sequel

Brainlet Monsterverse fag spotted
Not a sequel, but a universe surrounding it like Showa films were, but styled like Shin.

>a thread died for this
sage

because Shin is a overall actual kino movie compared to Virgin Monsterverse

I'd rather we get standalone Godzilla movies or at the very most loosely connected ones like the Showa era.

Godzilla and Evangelion crossover

Turns out a bunch of those Godzilla People came loose before Godzilla was subdued and are now wandering around Tokyo pissing out radiation. The government needs to locate and quarantine the Go-jin before more damage can be wrought. But this time the monsters seem to be exhibiting definite intelligence and are evading capture. After falling into an ethical dilemma surrounding the clear status of these new, evidently sapient life forms, the Japanese government attempt to communication with the Go-jin, leading to a solid hour of tense diplomatic negotiations.

It was never gonna be a series, Anno did one film and Godzilla died at the end

You forget he co direct it with that other guy. And said other guy wanted to do more with or without Anno.

we already know how it was gonna go down ina sequel anyways. the mini godzilla people were gonna fuse to one being. in the concept art it was a giant bald woman with godzilla spines on her back

Cool manga
This
Doesn’t need a universe either

You're making all these posts in every single Godzilla thread? Just piss off, Shin Godzilla is a semi-decent experiment that wasn't a franchise movie so it's obvious why Toho decided against sequel but they'll make a whole bunch of movies. They want the series to continue and Shin Godzilla is useless for that. Fucking butthurt shinfags always the cancer of every discussion.

Sucks that Shin will be the only good Godzilla film to have come out post final wars. If you enjoyed the Monsterverse, hell the shitty anime movies. You are more of a capeshitter than a Godzilla fan.

>Shin Godzilla was fucking shit.
Confirmed braindead normie poster who was raised to believe that the "Godzilla Vs." movies were "always the norm," carelessly forgetting that Gojira was the true message behind Godzilla.
>Shin Godzilla doesn't need a sequel
Agreed. I don't want it to turn into another monsterverse/capeshit series that appeals to the normie masses led by the nose from Hollywood Jews and dumbass Toho shills that continuously milk their sheep-like consumers again. Anno created the most near-perfect Godzilla film that came as close to the original Gojira film as possible, something that I didn't think would ever happen again.
>I'd rather we get standalone Godzilla movies or at the very most loosely connected ones like the Showa era.
This.
Godzilla works best as a standalone. He is the titular threat in each standalone movie and should be the ONLY antagonist of a titular movie. Helps to deliver the message about nuclear warfare and survival better.

Attached: zed150.png (512x512, 142K)

I really enjoyed the new Godzilla movie
What do you guys not like about it?

There's no such thing as "Godzilla should only...". It's gatekeeping trash. Either it's a series that's evolving, expands on the mythology, approaches the subject in many different ways including different genres and tones and continues or there's no series at all and Godzilla ends in the 50s forgotten by people. Or deevolves into some Jason Voorhees-type thing although that wouldn't be popular at all.

>Or deevolves into some Jason Voorhees-type thing
....which is the direction Godzilla took post-1954 and post-1956; mindless monster-of-the-week films that kept getting worse with each subsequent entry, thusly dumbing down the franchise over the years and brainwashing the masses into thinking that it was the norm.
Continue proving me right.

Any more bureaucracy-kino?
The only other thing I can think of are the town hall scenes in Threads and Chernobyl

Attached: 1557437236958.png (365x363, 177K)

>gatekeeping
Fuck off to your twitter.

>gatekeeping

Attached: zed85.jpg (396x382, 41K)

>It's gatekeeping trash.
AWWW SHIET, NIGGA! WE'VE GOT A BADASS HERE! SOMEONE'S FEEFEES 'BOUT TO GET HURT! GOTTA DEFEND AGAINST THOSE EVIL CRITICISMS, YA'LL!

Attached: Reggin.png (482x427, 54K)

i feel like people who want a sequel didn't even watch the movie

Samefag.

You were never right. Ever. About, I suspect, pretty much everything. Watching two movies and reading an article or two about the others is a bad idea if you want to pretend to know anything about the subject. In his third movie, Godzilla was featured in a spoof about sensationalism and a parody of salarymen comedies. Other movies such as Mothra were made as a reaction to the American-Japanese Treaty of 1960, many reflect Honda's naive views about global politics (Battle in Outer Space). In order to continue the franchise, in order to even have a franchise, Godzilla changed, this allowed other monsters to share the screen with him. Legendary Godzilla is similar to the way he was in mid-60s without the "keeper of natural balance" aspect that was only Mothra's thing. And because the creators loved sci fi and new ideas many movies reflected their creativity and the times they were made (60s were the era of good feelings). That's why we're talking about the entire universe, lots of ideas and experimentation even for those who want static experimental movies with team meetings and no actual characters. It's the oldest still running series for a reason. Reasons that gatekeepers and those who (badly) pretend to be fans won't be aware of.

>would of

Attached: 1557864675331.jpg (534x280, 18K)

Maybe. Or maybe it's the only thing they have left because they can't have an honest discussion. Or they don't care which explains why not long ago we could have good threads without derailing faggots.

Adding to the universe only made things worse, which is what led to the collapse of the Showa Era and the subsequent reboot in 1985. Change isn't always good, which is why Godzilla should've stuck to its roots rather than become a WWE event every few years, spoiling the vision of the original movie. It's no different to what Hollywood does with horror films or capeshit over the course of time. Mass production eventually leads to fatigue and low quality if it doesn't find the right balance to preserve itself.

>gatekeepers
Oy vey, we better fight off those gatekeeping goyim, right Moishe?

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Based and redpilled.

Is there good batch download for Toho's kaiju movies?

what's that monsterverse thing? mummy, frankenstein and now godzilla? i thought it was cancelled

Series died because the movie industry collapsed. It nearly claimed Kurosawa. Godzilla had to parrot Ultraman but if they made their movies less silly it wouldn't have saved them. Each time a new series starts strong then goes into hiatus once it becomes stale. Either way it survives.

I wish Anno died in that fire.

/pol/ retard pretending to care and make threads to talk about their obsession how shocking.

The Mummy one was the Dark Universe, the Godzilla one is Monsterverse, naturally just became more capeshit, because that's all cinematic universes can be, aside, shockingly, from The Conjuring one.

he didn’t die though, he was only temporarily frozen and he’d continue rampaging once the coagulant wore off.

>/pol/
RENT FREE

If I give you a good nazi film will you leave this board alone?

Your meme doesn't work when she's responding to someone spouting shitty memes that are spouted on that board all the time.

>she
Women don't browse a male Asian forum, Discord tranny.

Uh, yes. Yes they do.

That's the one with the Mummy, Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, and swamp monster.
I think the Mummy did bad enough critically and financially to cancel that universe before it even took off.

knowing ano and his love for old mecha stuff shin godzilla vs gao gai gar would be inevitable.

I've heard that they are still going on with Invisible Man.

>Le toothpaste is epic

Dark Universe is Universal Studios Monsters because Legendary grabbed the trademark for "Monsterverse" first.

This, in short
Big animal based monsters (Godzilla, Kong...) = MonsterVense
Smaller human based monsters (Mummy, Frank, Dracula) = Dark Universe