Hey Yea Forums, just watched herry derry. What did i think?

hey Yea Forums, just watched herry derry. What did i think?

Attached: hereditary-636x397.jpg (636x397, 34K)

Why is it so polarizing? People either love it or hate it. I had a bad audience (niggers and teenagers) so I don’t know if I got a true viewing experience but I was left extremely uncomfortable afterwards.

It was really good but you needed to be engaged and have some braincells to get the full effect. Lower lifeforms did not like it.

Got a friend who's watched way more horror than I have that wasn't a huge fan, but damn it FUCKED me up.

What's weird is, the scariest parts for me aren't the big traumatizing cult deaths. They're the slow degradation of the family into an unrecognizable, broken husk. That dinner scene, and the scene where the mom brings the dad and son out to resurrect the daughter, are both legitimately gut-wrenching because they remind me so much of my mom.

I didn't like it because it wasn't scary and tried to cram in everything in the last 15 minutes. then they narrate the ending because they assume the audience is retarded which took it down a score notch for me. people that like it think it's some deep thriller when the ending was just as generic as the conjuring movies. le subverted expectations with the girl not being the main star of the movie contrary to the promotional materials.

Why are you asking Yea Forums? Are you capable of forming opinions?

These, and the scene where the mother manipulates the son into taking Charlie to the party, and her wailing right after. I can watch real and fake gore like nothing but the sobbing and begging made me incredibly uneasy. The only “horror” part that got to me was her head on the mannequin at the end, it’s not even a really big scene but for some reason it stuck with me afterwards.

lower lifeform

>they assume the audience is retarded

Sounds like it was in your case

The brother is a really bad actor.

Mom was a stupid whore

The mom's acting was the only good thing in the movie. Everything else was very predictable. This director leans way too heavily on the device of "show the character's reaction first, then the thing." Almost every scene had a reveal like this. It's like Nerdwriter directed it.

My only problem with it. He caused me to laugh too many times and it broke the immersion. It was the yelling/crying specifically. Many people actually emote strangely when they're upset compared to how it generally appears in movies. It is goofy in reality.

I thought every actor was very convincing, in fact I think most of the horror in this film comes from the characters’ reactions to the things going on around them even more than those things themselves

I thought he was fine.
The dream scene where the mom tells him he was a mistake was my favorite part. His acting felt real to me in the sense that he had already gone through being responsible for the death of his sister, and then his mother, someone who is supposed to protect you, says possibly the worst thing you could say to your child. idk

It's a fucking amazing movie.

THICC loli with big tiddys made your peener tingly.

Attached: Dan Harmon.jpg (1940x1092, 292K)

checked dem quints

Oh no

I read the synopsis first, and thought it was going to be balls out fuckfest, and it was good, but the descriptions of the horror scenes were better played out in my head. Should have just gone in blind.

I love that the bro just tried to sleep the whole thing off after the accident. It hits close to home when you drive while totally shitfaced and in the morning, hope nothing bad happened last night. Except for his case, it was horrific.