/lynch/ general

What is the best David lynch movie and why is it Eraserhead?

Attached: image.jpg (1200x1582, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MCx-BahDSGg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pleb opinion. The best thing lynch has done is the final episode of twin peaks season 2

Mulholland Dr is my second favorite movie of all time. I've seen pretty much everything Lynch except Inland Empire (been saving it for a long time)

I honestly havent seen much of his stuff. I wanted recommendations on what to watch next

Blue Velvet

Will do. I liked eraserhead. But I had no clue what the meaning of the eraserhead sequence was

If You don’t understand it you pleb. Go back to watching capeshit

No.
This or Mulholland.

i recommend inland empire although it is a long watch

I'd recommend Eraserhead. Yeah, it's a bit of a cliche at this point, and people love to shit on Lynch for perhaps being weird for the sake of being weird - but it is unsettling in a way that few other films have since been able to replicate.

Eraserhead is really the only decent thing he ever did. Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet are awfully boring.

Its dated very well. I forgot to check the year it was made before I watched it. And thought it was made after twin peaks the entire watch.

Except the ending with the clay cows head retard.

Really? The Dead Kennedys had a song that referenced it in 1980 so I knew it was that old. It looks that old to me.

>the best Lynch movie is the one that is not like a Lynch movie
Hm.

I might get shit on for this answer but I really enjoy Rabbits

It isn't. Eraserhead is one of his more straight-forward films which is probably why you like it so much. It isn't difficult to understand what Lynch is doing in it compared to his later films which are much less direct. His films in the 2000's are his best along with The Return.

The Alphabet and The Grandmother are the most potent films Lynch ever made

What song? I really like the dead kennedys and i didnt know this. But I just got into them a couple of months ago.

I was watching the criterion remaster so that might have helped.

Too Drunk to Fuck (yes the one anthem of theirs that drew in the jock college kids to their shows). It's only a single line.

> you bawl like the baby in Eraserhead

His performance in Lucky
youtube.com/watch?v=MCx-BahDSGg

Fire Walk With Me is Number 1 of course.
Then Lost Highway
Blue Velvet in at 3

To say that I'm a big lynch fan would be a ginormous understatement. You see, I'm a ginormous lynch fan to the core and I want everyone to know it. His new tv show has had me hypnotized for weeks!

But in all honesty my most favorite movie of all time is hot fuzz. It's fucking hilarious and has in my opinion some of the greatest camera work in the business. I'd put it up their in the top three movies ever made of all time.

Even my priest agrees. New orthodox bro here btw. Currently non practicing but it's so great to get back into the faith after years of being a degenerate agnostoshit. Now if only I could get my cathlocuck parents to stop being pagans!

That reminds me, am I the only one disappointed that stannis Baratheon is actually gone? Oh who am I kidding! Of course not! Sometimes I forget I'm so completely surrounded by intellectuals of mine own caliber. This isn't Reddit after all!

And um, I'd have to say my least favorite movie is a Clockwork Orange. It's far to edgy for me

Attached: 1540057897309.jpg (1000x1000, 108K)

Eraserhead is inspired by the Christian kino Diary of a Country Priest.
Watch it if you haven’t seen it.

Attached: 494B9AC2-7F2F-408F-B94F-14D9074B2056.jpg (1000x691, 112K)

very underrated

Oh yeah Its on the singles album. Ive been listening to the album releases mostly. Im to young to have heard them when they came out obviously.

Blue Velvet was great tho

What the fuck even is this

Attached: image.jpg (2281x1618, 2.12M)

Copypasta.

>Eraserhead is inspired by Diary of a Country Priest.
I can definitely see that but only on a stylistic level.

Attached: diary.jpg (640x480, 100K)

Do pseuds post about lynch enough where there is pasta about him?

Lynch believes in God and says Eraserhead is his most spiritual film.
but he has a very new age view of religion so I doubt he would ever make a blatantly Christian film, but you can see the religious themes in Eraserhead.

Fun fact: is also a copypasta.

>What is the best David lynch movie and why is it Eraserhead?

I really liked DUNE. The only gripe is the internal monologue but it is a masterpiece. Eraserhead was trying too hard to be strange.

well gnosticism isn't the same as religion.

A lot of Lynch's films have spiritual themes but are not exactly Christian. In any case I didn't find Eraserhead that spiritual. What are the religious themes in it?

Based. Came here to post this.

There is pasta about everything.

Is this true or are you a christfag projecting?

Well he got stuck filming the movie then said he was inspired when he opened the bible.
He never said what passage he read, but “in Heaven everything is fine.”

>Eraserhead was growing in a certain way, and I didn’t know what it meant. I was looking for a key to unlock what these sequences were saying. Of course, I understood some of it; but I didn’t know the thing that just pulled it all together. And it was a struggle. So I got out my Bible and I started reading. And one day, I read a sentence. And I closed the Bible, because that was it; that was it. And then I saw the thing as a whole. And it fulfilled this vision for me, 100 percent. I don’t think I’ll ever say what that sentence was.”

Well, he might have had some thoughts of his own but they don't really come through so clearly. On a thematic level the movie seems to be more inspired by Kafka or Gogol than by any religious idea.

My theory is the man on the planet was God pulling levers, or an angel, and the theme is he is filled with sin and God acts as an eraser and erases all sins.
He fornicated, killed his child, and the sin made his life look like a wasteland.

The Straight Story has some heavy Christian there's and portrays Midwest Christians/Catholics in a positive light. Lynch is a universalist but I think he believes it to be true.

Also, only plebs dismiss the Straight Story.

Dune's a trainwreck in every conceivable aspect.

Thats an understatement

>ctrl+f Elephant Man
>zero results
You are honestly all fucking plebeians FUCK OFF
It's by far his most soulful work

:’( made me cry

Was just about to post that. his best film is elephantman you fucking plebs.

ELEPHANTMEN > THE ELEPHANT MAN

Attached: 1549808239485.jpg (1625x1216, 521K)

Eraserhead
Blue Velvet
Wild at Heart
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
Lost Highway
Mulholland Dr.
Elephant Man
The Straight Story
Inland Empire
Dune

>I AM NOT AN ANIMAL
>I AM A HUMAN BEING
>I am a man

Attached: IMG_7604.png (750x1334, 1.11M)

>I AM NOT A HUMAN BEING!!! I AM AN ANIMAL!!!

Attached: 1532237651161.jpg (1200x584, 82K)

agreed

lost highway and inland empire

lynch movies are too scary for me. I refuse to watch another

I am not an insect! I am a human insect!

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1024x576, 45K)

Ummmmmmmm really? I mean i dont watch anything thats really gory but lynch being scarry is a bit of a stretch

good pasta, strange pasta (it's almost comedically inoffensive)

>/lynch/ general
> david "it all was dream, pal" hackman luch

Attached: thank-you-but-no.jpg (500x445, 40K)

Why is it FWWM though?

Attached: when stranger eats your muffin.webm (1280x692, 465K)

>scary=gory
What a fucking brainlet.

Why do people pretend to like Fire Walk With Me? I don't get this meme.

Sorry its gross. Im assuming youre now a Yea Forumstard based off your comment

I really do think it's an outstanding horror movie with an unbelievably intense performance from Sheryl Lee

Attached: 1494889175257.gif (500x379, 166K)

based vic

Fire walk with me is amazing

Attached: image.jpg (245x255, 133K)

Sheryl Lee and Ray Wise were great as usual but it only has like two good scenes and it doesn't stand alone. It entirely rides on the popularity of the series. It doesn't add anything other than tits.

Go back to tumblr.

Attached: image.jpg (245x245, 142K)

Is this girl from Last witch hunter?

Its far better than original series. Pure horror, and every moment is great.

She is the girl in game of thrones that john snow ate out

What a fucked up death, no wonder no one likes this show.

Lynchfags are mentally ill

Why is this not /tpg/ yet?

Attached: 1498702050379.jpg (866x960, 58K)

Who is that?

fpbp