Simpsons Drop Off

Can you pinpoint that specific moment in your mind that stuck out to you and made you think "huh, you know... This show is starting to change and I don't really know if it's for the better."

Pic related. This character signals the decline, because they didn't have Phil Hartman anymore, they had to start overusing Gil, and the more common Gil is, the more bad The Simpsons is.

Attached: gil simpsons.jpg (480x360, 25K)

sneed

sneed

Sneed

sneed

season 6

sneed

sneed

sneed

deens is Danish for Sneed

The "gay for moleman" bit was the end for me. Switched off the episode, never watched the show again. I'd already not seen a huge amount of episodes from multiple seasons before that but that bit was the end.

Sneed

The last thing I remember about the Simpsons is something with a rat boy, and it was not the one in Homer's hallucination. I think it was something with Nelson. Or was that before Flander's halftime show with the bible stuff?

NEWS FLASH REDDITORS: SNEED ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE!

Attached: 1558568713061.jpg (506x477, 18K)

super bowl episode in season 10.

sneething

ALRIGHT COMFYSHITTERS YOU GOT COMFY TO 100 RESULTS IN THE ARCHIVE CAN YOU JUST STOP NOW? CAN WE JUST ADMIT THIS IS ALL COMFY WILL EVER ACCOMPLISH? JUST A NUMBER ON A WEBSITE THAT NO ONE EVEN LOOKS AT? BECAUSE WE'D REALLY LIKE TO ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT SNEED FOR ONCE AND IF YOU WANT TO LAUGH LIKE AN UNDERAGED IDIOT AT SOME RETARDED MOEPOST YOU CAN JUST GO TO THE ARCHIVE AND SEARCH FOR COMFY, YOU'VE GOT LITERALLY A HUNDRED POSTS TO CHOOSE FROM

Season 11 episode 6 was when it started going downhill

SNEED SNEED SNEED
SNEED IS THE WORD

Attached: SNEEDISTHEWORD.png (1413x822, 1.15M)

My son
The day you were born, the very forests of Springfield whispered the name... Sneed.
My child
I watched with pride as you grew into a weapon of redpilledness.
Remember, our line has always ruled with feeding and seeding.
And I know you will show restraint when exercising your great feed.
But the truest victory, my seed, is stirring the hearts of your [free] j*anitors.
I tell you this, for when my fuck and suck have come to an end
You shall be Kino.

Right off the bat season 8 had a wildly different tone than the ones before, and that Mary Poppins episode was the first truly awful whacky Simpsons episode.

SNE ED

Season 8 started the decline but 11 is where it jumped the shark.

11 is where it reached the bottom and never resurfaced but try watching an episode of season 4/5/6 and watch one from 8/9/10. The difference is huge.

My "THAT moment" was during a scene in the episode where Homer wins a motorcycle, when he "swordfights" with biker, both using their bikes as swords.
It wasn't the first time I noticed a drop in quality of the writing, but that moment always pops into my mind.

The unequivocal, absolute, undeniable turning point is "Kill the Alligator and Run" from season 11. I think this the first one where they try for the Family Guy formula, where rather than a coherent story, its just a series of wacky hijinks with no resolution to any plot lines. Added on that one of the first of obviously miscast celebrity guests who are included just because they were the flavor of the week at the time. Everything after was total shit.

For me it was literally episode 300, the one where bart runs away to live with tony hawk. I probably knew it was getting bad, but that just kind of sealed it for me.

About the time when it had a contrived "celebrity cameo of the week", excluding the Michael Jackson and X-files episode.

Growing up I always considered everything up until like Bart the Mother to be the "old" Simpsons, and episodes like When You Dish Upon a Star to be beginning of the "new" Simpsons. But now these days you have people cliaming Season 9 was the start of the downfall, when it really wasn't all that different in tone to what came before it. All episodes from 1989 to 1997 are classic, while most of the 1998 ones are as well with the exception of stuff like When You Dish Upon a Star that aired late in the year