/RBMK-1000/ Chernobyl General

Previous thread:

Attached: IMG_0693.jpg (1600x1184, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2009/jul/02/cuba-chernobyl-health-children
io9.gizmodo.com/a-museum-of-robotic-equipment-used-during-the-chernobyl-512831778
youtube.com/watch?v=QbQPLK3AZbo
youtu.be/IjOJlHULsaM?t=4079
youtube.com/watch?v=NkwEfbIBnDU
youtube.com/watch?v=MVDmfXomG18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Olga is one of more than 18,000 Ukrainian children to have been treated over the years at the Tarara facility near the Cuban capital, Havana
theguardian.com/world/2009/jul/02/cuba-chernobyl-health-children

>During the Chernobyl disaster in 1986, Soviet authorities tried to spare human workers from the harsh conditions by experimenting with a number of bizarre and oddly innovative remote-controlled devices. These robotic machines are now on display at an open air museum near the site.
io9.gizmodo.com/a-museum-of-robotic-equipment-used-during-the-chernobyl-512831778

well, Yea Forums killed good threads about great tv show

How?

Attached: True-Kinosseur.png (1287x663, 75K)

The creator of Chernobyl is also the Director/Writer/Producer of Pic Related

Attached: 814IdbeHUeL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 41K)

It was never good and threads were always tryhard. I’m very proud about the work I’ve accomplished.

>These robotic machines are now on display at an open air museum near the site.
Intriguing.

He's only 48 years old? He has obviously been playing the game and making money but now he can do what he wants.

To be fair, the best parts have come from reality and the absolute worst parts have come from shit the 'creators' invented.

Aaahhh...

Attached: 1558662073897.png (1519x957, 1.25M)

It's not the story, he's just a genius.

Attached: 1529203280283.png (1091x850, 1.08M)

Weakest episode imo. Anyway, here's a cool documentary channel interviewing liquidators on the experience using actual footage.

youtube.com/watch?v=QbQPLK3AZbo

This. What an absolute chad

is it kino?

real thread

>Weakest episode imo.
Best one imo.

Attached: mlch.jpg (976x549, 162K)

>Nigeria
>China
>Indonesia
>Egypt
>India
>Pakistan
>10 RBMK-1000 still active in Russia

this is how we die

Attached: countries with nuclear reactors and their numbers.png (1426x930, 136K)

>Maester Luwin
>Dagmer
>Old Man Mormont
>now Pypar
These GoT cameos are out of control

Are you sure that it's gonna be reactors?
I heard that a single modern h-bomb warhead which there are several of in each missile creates dozens of Chernobyls each.

Attached: 1543850728899.webm (854x480, 2.32M)

well yeah, the writing is horrendous in chernobyl.

next episode has old man Roose

You heard wrong. Modern atomic weapons are designed for more bang and less radiation. They even have efficiency ratings of how much bang they can get out the unstable material in them. The more efficient the bomb is, the smaller it can be, the easier it is to carry, and the less radiation it spreads on activation.

What's all this about Fomin having a bullshit degree?

Attached: 1410826156680.jpg (2000x2000, 646K)

CHERNOBYL CALLS FOR AID

Attached: serveimage.jpg (643x319, 29K)

It was a glib facsimile

Did you like Death of Stalin?

Requesting radio song in episode 4

Attached: 1558799832329.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Can any based user compile all the rbmk memes and upload them? We need them all. Only a few more days until the fun is over.

Attached: A3E83A5E-37B7-49D3-A5B2-E3588C314DD0.png (798x1735, 409K)

Private Pavel, I’m KGB

It was way too positive in its portrayal of that one ww2 general zukhov or whatever his name was

For me, it's episode 1 and 2

>Rooftop instantly fries circuitry
>People running around shooting footage and making photos on it

How does this even compute

Or did they shoot the footage on the lower-radiated levels

>You heard wrong.
I actually heard it from Gorbachev in that Discovery Channel documentary.

nah, 3 is necessary so that you can see the consequences of the radiation. the ending of 3 could have legitimately been the ending of the season.

youtu.be/IjOJlHULsaM?t=4079

Anyone see any dogs?

Attached: ck.jpg (474x426, 15K)

youtube.com/watch?v=NkwEfbIBnDU

Attached: 1529639545297.png (1920x798, 1.36M)

>France - 58 operational

i'm french and i can't even fathom how and why in the FUCK our tiny country needs so many reactors !
The UK has 15, Japan 30, we have double that of Japan for crying out loud

Attached: RBMKored.jpg (850x1100, 238K)

Because nuclear energy is the best in the world.

WE MUST POWER EVERYTHING WITH ATOM !

youtube.com/watch?v=MVDmfXomG18

Nuclear power plants aren't that bad for the most part. You just need to not be a retard about designing and maintaining their function. Oh, and not building them on islands prone to earthquakes and tsunamis.

You need to be lynched

Dr Pavel Im CAT

Attached: pavel hates cats.webm (1920x1080, 2.57M)

What the fuck is this shit?

>1990s Frank Morrigan Fallout score
Absolute kino

Attached: Here's your BGGG.png (940x1039, 691K)

god i wish that were me

Chornobyl child here, ask your question

Attached: photo_2017-09-08_23-05-41.jpg (1280x460, 121K)

do you got any malformation ?

What was her fucking problem?

Attached: old lady.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

Most of those actors are 'that guy' actors in Britain because they're the jobbing sort who seem to appear on almost everything on tv. Game of Thrones was unique because it was primarily acted by brits but shown largely abroad, so these 'that guy' actors became famous by accident

>malformation
No, only organs (in stomach) are bigger then normal.

nice, you improved on my shit attempt

Attached: dosed.png (984x1144, 1.03M)

De ty zaraz zhyvesh?

AND THE WEST GERMAN ROBOT MAKERS WILL ANSWER

Kyiv

>that close to the Elephants Foot
is that possible to survive?

Attached: 1521582208973s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

>RTE ONE
class one lads ahaha

My Ukrainian sucks now, to be honest, so sorry if I fucked up the grammar. I haven't lived there for 19 years now. I was born in a small village in Galicia, but I've lived most of my life in the States.

There's Also this guy from S1

Attached: MV5BYmFkOTQ1NGItNzYxYi00ZmNkLTk3MTUtYWJiMTEyOWJjNGRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_.jpg (512x512, 53K)

Attached: 1545210294622.jpg (812x307, 134K)

You write correct)

You will also have the first Fusion Reactor in the world that gives more energy that what it takes to function. (It's a world effort of course, but it is physically located in France)

retard

How's the situation in the east these days?

Love/Hate

It was a bretty good TV series over here in ireland

You mean war? All quiet just like in Remarque. Trench warfare, snipers and mortars. Very difficult on psychological lvl.

ban this nigger already, he's going to do this again next thread

what was that anyway? some sort of super fire?

Just the thought of you fat sharts seething and imagining yourselves to be capable of anything makes my day.

the superhot core
both those guys who looked right into it died within a few weeks

Attached: sign.jpg (1400x940, 467K)

France actually provides (as in, sells) a large part of German electricity, and also sells some to pretty much all neighbouring countries. The UK and Japan are self sufficient and don't sell any. It's a pretty good business.

>caviar and butter sandwich
What, what a pleb. Sprats and butter is way better.

Attached: dyatlov_hospital.png (818x576, 700K)

Made of steel and filled with concrete, the door weighed several tonnes, but the crank mechanism used to hold it open had been damaged in the explosion. If they went into the hall and the door swung shut behind them, they would be trapped. So Yuvchenko agreed to stay outside. He braced his shoulder against the door, using all his strength to keep it from closing, while his three colleagues stepped over the threshold.

Inside, there wasn’t much room. Perevozchenko stood on a narrow ledge and swept the darkness with Yuvchenko’s flashlight. Its yellow beam caught the outlines of the gigantic steel disc of Elena tilted in the air, balanced on the edges of the reactor vault; the hundreds of narrow steam tubes that ran through it had been shorn away in ragged clumps, like the hair of a mutilated doll. The control rods were long gone. As they gazed at the molten crater beneath, the three men realized in horror that they were staring directly into the active zone: the blazing throat of the reactor.

Perevozchenko, Proskuryakov, and Kudryavtsev remained on the ledge for only as long as Yuvchenko held the door: a minute at most. But even that was too long. All three received a fatal dose of radiation in a matter of seconds.

Even as his three colleagues staggered back into the corridor in shock, Yuvchenko wanted to have a look for himself. But Perevozchenko, a veteran of the nuclear submarine fleet, who knew very well what had just happened, shoved the younger man aside. The door slammed shut.

“There’s nothing to see here,” he said. “Let’s go.”

>Wedge open a several ton door
>Polite enough to hold it for your comrades
>Arm wrestle an exploded nuclear reactor and win
Yuvchenko was too chad for this world

Attached: 1552931750087.png (4000x1985, 800K)

watch the original "skins", then watch a documentary about jews in auschwitz called "god on trial", then watch game of thrones 3 years later. youll be totally used to it by now.

Attached: tv5.png (551x856, 174K)

>the year is 2525, man is still alive
>we have achieved cold fusion and cured the common cold
>we still boil water for energy
ebin

everything else was work
this was his passion project

a lot of old folks get that way
that's why there are 70-80 folks down in the everglades refusing to leave when a hurricane is baring down on florida
at that point, they'd rather stay where they are and die in the familiar than live a couple more years but away from home

Nuclear Reactors aren't dangerous. Chernobyl was obviously mismanaged and poorly designed. Also...the soviet bureaucracy didn't help.

Would you rather have your electricity provided by fossil fuels?

>he doesn't boil water to make blades spin to make metal spin to make electricity move
pleb

>Enough! RBMK Reactor, you will do as I command and marry Neutron-Absorbing Boron and put an end to the disgusting rumors about you once and for all.

Attached: Tywin.jpg (534x401, 38K)

Surely you can't be serious.

Citizen X is streaming on HBO too. It's one of their original movies from the 90s. It follows a Soviet detective tracking down a serial killer. Of course, the official party stance is that there are no serial killers in Russia. Such a thing is born from western decadence.

Attached: screencaps-01835.jpg (1920x1080, 570K)

>South Africa
Yeah, thats gonna end well

And that has no side effects?