Why did Superbad kill the coming of age teen comedy genre?

why did Superbad kill the coming of age teen comedy genre?

Attached: A3DBF869-9751-4D76-80A9-888617AC2BD5.jpg (740x370, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U-7s_yeQuDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it couldn't be topped

I thought it was already dead when it came out.

It's the holy grail. Will never be topped

Milennials perfer to remain in a constant state of childhood up until at least their 40s. There is no coming of age movies anymore because for this generation there is no coming of age.

>Tfw you'll never experience high school cunny

Attached: 1558546574423.jpg (837x892, 98K)

Because it spoke to the people who write teen comedies more than any film of its genre so the talented writers won't bother trying to top it

How did it kill the genre? It was memorable, likely the defining movie for the decade, and an actual box office success, but the genre keeps chugging along.

Anyway, I always felt bad for Cera's (and to a less extent Mclovin's) love interest's actress. Even if they have steady work or not, they're no where close to achieving the success the others have. Even Mclovin has a moderately successful career.

What?

Emma Stone is the only one whos career blew up where it shouldn't have, the 2 leads blew up deservedly

post the webm

they did some sort of jew magic on that girl because shes really not attractive outside of superbad

It's one of those movies where I have fond memories of it when I was but now that I'm older I don't find it appealing whatsoever

Accurate. Becoming 18 isn't what it was 20 years ago, it isn't even what it was 10 years ago. One's 20s and even early 30s are treated like eternal adolescence. The boomer notion of being shipped off to the coal mines or frontlines before you can even legally drink is dying. Perhaps rightfully so to a degree, because the brain doesn't even finish development until like 25.

This movie fucking sucked. The only thing moderately funny was period blood on pants from dancing.

>doesn't take full advantage because m'drunk lady
Still makes me ree

Technology and security have eliminated the need for adults or just men in general.

>high school cunny

Attached: 1555429610004.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

Fpbp. It closed the book.

It didn't kill it. It solved it.

This is the most blackpilled post I've seen on this site in a long time. Too accurate.
>Perhaps rightfully so to a degree, because the brain doesn't even finish development until like 25.
My dude that's a myth like how people used to say we only use 3% of our brain. New neural connections are constantly forming and old ones dying throughout life.

>tfw there will never be any more Micheal Cera YA films

I guess? I'm just saying it must for her for to be in the two out of six young cast that aren't success stories.

Ever hear about Catcher and the Rye?

Probably this

the gigli effect

people underrate YouTube's effect on the comedy movie genre. You can entertain yourself easily without the cost of the theater.

It can't be beaten. The cast was perfect.

is this true? sounds awful.

I'm not sure if people see it that way? I certainly never did... it's not like I go "Oh wow those people from Superbad really blew up!"

Cera was already big from AD, and roles like Scott Pilgrim helped continue his fame, but he is past his peak now
Hill was always going to get big, I remembered him from Knocked Up just before Superbad and if he didn't blow up from Superbad, he was going to be in more Judd Apatow movies; that's how I saw it anyways
Emma Stone, as I said, was the 1 anomaly... not a giant role or anything but I guess she had the right look at the right time and really blew up, then starred in a female-written comedy that didn't bomb and there you go, she's not just big but an icon.

Mclovin petered out, he isn't as famous as you might think he is
And his love interest was barely even a role

It didn't kill the genre, it was just the last true one that was made.

Source mr. neuro scientist?

Now that you mentioned probably this.

Jonah was in Knocked up? Don't you mistake him with Seth Rogen? Or is it me who's a tard?

It's not as great as one might think. Too tight, usually not graleat hygiene, and surrounded by idiotic political talk and/or idealisms. Also generally annoying as shit in all other ways

All this degenerate shit was made by Jews.

Nevermind, I just remembered that he had those stoner friends (including Jonah).

Seriously blackpilled.

That's not a myth. It's like saying you stop growing after puberty. Your cells still live and die and you can add muscle but you aren't getting taller. Your brain doesn't finish forming itself structurally until about 25, mostly concerning areas governing long-term decision making and planning.

Yep heh
I just considered them all part of the Apatow machine and Stone got caught in the mix

>Milennials perfer to remain in a constant state of childhood up until at least their 40s.

I don't know if it's "preferable" so much as a consequence of manufacturing being almost entirely destroyed as a profession by all the jobs being shipped overseas, so the only jobs outside of tech are making fucking Subway sandwiches for minimum wage. 30 year old boomers are the first generation having to deal with unregulated capitalism and they deal with it either by becoming hikikomoris or raging SJW populists.

Attached: 1559071208708.gif (200x160, 904K)

Jonah Hill was on NPR talking about how he regrets this line because it’s politically incorrect

Attached: A70632CA-4FEC-4A21-ABA4-0B70DB295C50.gif (480x266, 833K)

you couldn't make a good coming of age teen comedy today because the feminists would freak out

you can, but the protags have to be gay interracial couples whose bully is a blonde hair blue eye wh*te person

>raging SJW populists
>unregulated capitalism
So what are your political views?

This.
That sort of listlessness around the 50's was a driver of the 60's and the 60's were so shit things normalized after that generation burnt out.
And people forget that Holden was written to be sophomoric in the first place.

it was the logical conclusion to it

It was frankly pretty rapey

Also Cera and Hill are annoying and ugly

my poltical stance is pro gamer and pro consumer

i'm for ethical gaming journalism

Wasn't it written by DUDE WEED man? Pretty much all of these movies are about 80's-90's high school, I'm betting a more recently inspired one would look a lot different. I doubt a movie showing the growing internet influence and bitching about learned helplessness would be very interesting though.

TIL Halle Berry hated the movie Catwoman so much she showed up in person to accept her Razzie award. In her acceptance speech she said "I want to thank Warner Brothers. Thank you for putting me in a piece of shit god-awful movie." (Speech starts at 2:25)

youtu.be/U-7s_yeQuDg

Attached: download (1).jpg (190x266, 11K)

Have children.

t. virgin

>Martha MacIsaac never got her tits out. In fact, this is her most explicit scene.
Reality is often disappointing

uhh my dick is hard

>I'm betting a more recently inspired one would look a lot different.

It would have no subcultures. No goths, no jocks, no preps, no ravers, no scene. Killed by the internet, along with everything else.

holy shit she's angry

My point was they are or were infinitely more successful than she is.

Well of course the guys are going to be and Emma Stone is way prettier so I'm not nearly as surprised as you are - I didn't even consider them comparable

becca was way fucking hotter than jules.
never understood why people liked her more.

Attached: 1558245106657.jpg (1028x1021, 71K)

It's not surprise so much as it's me feeling bad if I were her and comparing myself to my costars.