This is a Stanley Kubrick appreciation thread...

This is a Stanley Kubrick appreciation thread. So much gets lost in all this talk about genius when it’s all in all about a lonely little boy young wrinkled balloon Stanley Kubrick grading his rubric young wrinkled publice Stanley Kubrick you lonely wrinkled balloon I love you lonely wrinkled balloon Stanley Kubrick Kubrick the spoon Stanley Kubrick Kubrick balloon

Attached: 502C40BD-46FF-4246-98A2-0DAE69E63148.jpg (214x317, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Kubrick
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have tried this kind of thing user, it falls on stony ground.

Posts like these sometimes make me wonder if people use this board to exchange coded messages disguised as random shitpost.

This is not gonna end well.

My favorite movie of his? SNEED!

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey
2. Barry Lyndon
3. Eyes Wide Shut
4. Dr Strangelove
5. A Clockwork Orange
6. Full Metal Jacket
7. Paths of Glory
8. The Killing
9+. Don’t give a shit

Based schizophrenic Kubrick fan poster

Tomorrow is gonna be the last time I gonna post this thread, so...

Why is Kubrick's wikipedia page so weird?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Kubrick
A picture that doesn't look like him, and no infobox. The first time I went to look him up I thought it was the wrong page and kept searching. They really need to fix this.

Look up at “talk” page and you are going to see the reason why.

Why is the trivia & ymmv section of Stanley Kubrick removed from TvTropes?

This to a T except with 2 and 3 swapped

How is Lolita not on this list?

A Clockwork Orange just ripped off everything from Frankenstein Created Woman

Attached: MV5BNGZlYTY1MzYtZDA2MS00NTM2LWI1OGEtN2M1Nzc4NGM5OTU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE2NzA0Ng@@._V1_.jpg (1920x2938, 685K)

That's an interesting take, care to explain what you mean?

>Doesn't like The Shining, Spartacus, or Lolita
Cringe

Because Lolita is shit and should have never been made.
Forgot to include The Shining, Spartacus wasn’t really Kubrick’s film and lolita is trash n shit but a pedo like you would probably like it.

shut the fuck up gaylord

Lol u mad stupid pedofag?

>being this insecure about a movie
jesus man, you might as well come out as a pedo

I'm being partially facetious, but in general I do think people greatly overrate Kubrick and undervalue directors and films that Kubrick took influence from. Frankenstein Created Woman deals with the themes of troublemaking youth, why crimes are committed and how people's upbringing affects them, what it means to be a human in a body, the progress of science damaging humanity, and some other stuff that's in A Clockwork Orange. Stylistically, the films are pretty similar (I think Kubrick's style overall is similar to Terence Fisher's) with similar camerawork, an odd comic relief character (the prison guard in ACW and Frankenstein's older assistant in FCW), and similar performances from the acting. Saying Kubrick "ripped off" Frankenstein Created Woman is extreme and untrue in my opinion, but I find it odd that people praise him when others have done what he's done before him.

Hes a dirty kike

I dont like lolita and that’s the end of it. You retard was whining about it. You are a pedo and lolita is your number 1 film

quality post. thanks. i think i'll check out Frankenstein Created Woman

>whining about it
you didn't have trouble explaning why you didn't like spartacus, but liking lolita makes you a pedo. You are embarrassing yourself, just admit u are e pedo

>Calling people who watch a director's movie a pedo, but likes the director himself .
yikes

>(I think Kubrick's style overall is similar to Terence Fisher's)
Not remotely, no. Do you have a Letterboxd account, by any chance? You seem like that kind of cunt.

Themes mean nothing. Execution and personal vision is all.

Read my post again you blind nigger. I didn’t call people a pedo for liking Lolita.
>yikes
Cringe

>lolita is trash n shit but a pedo like you would probably like it
You call the guy a pedo because you assume that people are pedo when they like lolita. Why else would you even call him a pedo?

>Yea Forums computer

Because that faggot had trouble with me me not liking Lolita. So I thought he was probably a pedo and like the movie. You and him are pedos and faggots.

You want to know why I called him a pedo? Because I felt like it to call him a pedo and because Lolita was a trash film that Kubrick should have never made. And I was a little bit tired of overworking.

Goes right back to the point about you being insecure about that movie. You didn't call him a sand nigger lover for liking Spartacus. You really are an idiot

I’m not insecure about that shit movie, you are because you love that movie. Why should I call him a sand nigger lover for liking Spartacus? I called him a pedo because I felt like it. He acted retarded against me for not liking his favorite trash and so I called him a pedo.

is 2001 the best attempt in movie history of a director trolling a studio and investors and producing something far more honest and based than the propaganda piece they asked for?

Attached: 1559039362806.jpg (1195x897, 157K)

He wasn't trolling them. The film was a hit. The most important thing about Kubrick is that he had total control of his publicity. The Ultimate Trip.

You know Humbert Humbert is the villain, right kek? He's unambiguously depicted as a villain protagonist. Kubrick does nothing to idealize or defend his pathology. You're an absolute brainlet if you think the film apologizes for pedophilia.

>assuming it's his favorite movie
>assuming I love the movie
>assuming I'm a pedo
You are like the radical left calling everyone a nazi for having an opinion different from them.

You sound like a pedophobe.

thats not the point, obviously he made a great movie but he didnt make the movie he was asked to make. he played along with all the interests involved but then still completely removed the propaganda aspect of the film and actually put the opposite message into it. they wanted a pro space exploration to get public support and funding but instead he made a movie about spiritual awakening and seeing through media lies.

Attached: 1557284544312.jpg (960x720, 84K)

Unironically kys

You sound like a retard, oh wait you are a retard.

>You know Humbert Humbert is the villain, right kek?
Yes I know.
>He's unambiguously depicted as a villain protagonist.
Correct.
>Kubrick does nothing to idealize or defend his pathology.
True
>You're an absolute brainlet if you think the film apologizes for pedophilia.
You’re an absolute faggot and moron if you think that I think this film apologizes for pedophilia. Nevertheless that movie was boring and shit. Kubrick should have made the film “how I stole 16 million dollar” instead lolita.

>>assuming it's his favorite movie
Are you his boyfriend or buttfag that he can’t speak for himself and you do all the talking like the bitch you are? I called him a pedo because I felt like it, not because he liked Lolita. You are like a homo bitch who hears only what he likes to hear. Fuck him, fuck lolita and fuck you. Getting all this triggerd because I called you fags pedos.

Faggot

>The most important thing about Kubrick is that he had total control of his publicity. The Ultimate Trip.
You pulled that out of nowhere. MGM mass marketed the film before release, something Kubrick didn't have control of. And The Ultimate Trip slogan on appeared in the rerelease in 1970 I think where it had since been associated with drug use. The original release was advertised as a big, mainstream film.

I am original person you replied to and you're right, I love Lolita because I'm a pedo. Don't know why that other fag was trying to defend me.

Pedophile