Cast it

Cast it.
I'll start: Keanu Reeves as Kaneda.

Attached: Akira Remake.jpg (1080x838, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Warwick davis as the creepy psychic midge

I work in Hollywood. Waititi plans to use entirely What We Do in the Shadows cast members. Also, it's a comedy.

Can't want for them to give this a multiracial leading cast only for social media to complain about them "whitewashing" a single female character (that they used to pair up with the black character)

Based janitor at Planet Hollywood

Will this sheep fucking kiwi faggot turn it into a clown show like he did with Ragnarock?!?FACT!!!

OBSESSED

It's going to be a PG-13 cringe fest

I hate niggers, simple as.

why don't they ever bring on scifi filmmakers for these movies

Who would you cast as the bike ?

Without muh Miyazaki artstyle, all it will have is a shit story that can't expand on the actual story from the manga anymore than the original. It will widely be a failure as redditors and intelectu/a/ls scratch their heads as to why it sucked

Yay, can't wait for them to set in Neo New York.

You mean Neo Yokio?

Being filmed in LA. Even better, Neo Hollywood

I like that show, unironically.

>Akira
>Miyazaki artstyle

Wow, what a pleb.

Attached: 1465247291938.png (484x605, 246K)

>Miyazaki artstyle

You almost got it right summerfag. Its not Miyazaki but the artstyle makes Akira great, not the story.

It's set in Neo-Manhattan apparently.

Reeves as Kaneda? Kek. Wtf? He's an old ass man. They're going to cast some young ass actors for majority of the movie.

Oh NO! My day is ruined.

Attached: DX9czWWX4AAmua4.jpg (706x601, 59K)

Checked. This is now a size thread. Post your dick sizes, anons. And no bullshitting either. Don't be a fag.

wtf ........7in

6 inches. :(

Wrong, the only right role would be Reeves, perfect role for someone who hardly speaks in the movie.m

Sounds like kino

I work in Hollywood also. Everyone has been saying that you're gay.

Kaneda is like 16 years old you fucking autist. also post your dick length user wtf

checked

Attached: 1558497955118.jpg (716x724, 28K)

Trips. You gotta post a dick pic now.

Akira has a huge amount of room to improve, despite its brilliance, it's a heavily flawed film. Because the art, worldbuilding, setting, soundtrack, tone and themes are incredible.
But the story is an bloated clusterfuck and the core relationship between kaneda and tetsuo isn't well executed, hardly any of the drama or simpler aspects really. It is in general heavily flawed.

There's all these incredible elements to use but it needs a director brave enough to take creative license with it and make it their own because otherwise it wouldn't work at all.
I'm just worried that he'll be able to do the style and art of it justice. Because that is unparalleled.
And the world in the film, Neo Tokyo, with the terrorists, the cults, the gangs, has also never been bettered in film.

The hardest part maybe will be keeping the themes intact. Because Akira doesn't even really make sense to a non-nippon psyche and a nation that hasn't been nuked.

18 cm mate

Attached: 8a38dba.jpg (1077x1089, 96K)

And Reeves is an immortal

Attached: IMG_6929.jpg (540x776, 75K)

how about a weiner pic?

Attached: 90237.jpg (745x986, 51K)

6.5"

This.

Because they can get thirsty amateurs like this dude to do it for cheap.

What the fuck I love Ronin 47 now

6x6

12cm

All black female cast cause it be like that

Attached: 2341B081-D1F6-491C-BAD6-FD6B5609330D.jpg (750x1031, 512K)

4 inches soft, 12 inches hard (plus tip)

trip zero. post that dick, nigga

Pitch me some Waiki Tailki quips for Akira

Attached: IMG_2545.png (493x474, 127K)

Attached: 1558923413426.jpg (600x500, 37K)

obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI

passes toilet paper roll test. you gay niqqa?

Is there any way that this ISN'T going to be garbage on the level of the RoboCop or Total Recall remakes?

At this rate, I'm just waiting for them to announce the 2001: A Space Odyssey remake.

>Generic anime adaptation
>Always casts Keanu Reeves
what's wrong with you fucking idiots? Is this the new Idris Elba meme or something?

total recall and robocop aren't flawed though.

akira is really the perfect film to adapt. because it's a total clusterfuck with all these really cool elements.

They might unironically make a better film.

And the Prom's Tomorrow!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

It's because his grandmother is chinese
so he looks kind of like a chad anime character a little asian but basically white

he's way too old now for any of it though obviously
this guy should be kaneda and make him less of a boring

infact the 'characters' of kaneda and tetsuo can both basically be thrown out of the window and changed into anything you want because the characterization for them both is very thin in the original film beyond tetsuo having an inferiotiy complex and kaneda have a meme childhood bond from the orphanage it's basically nothing.

Attached: barry-keoghan-02.jpg (1000x1500, 189K)

They don't have to be in school either. I don't think that part matters at all. It was kind of strange i thought even, the fact they actually still go to school and haven't dropped out.

And if they drop the school scenes then they have way better options for casting and won't be in some typical dumb meme 25 year olds in highschool scenario like usual.

No this version of Akira should have a grown up Kaneda and Tetsuo, so they can cast famous actors instead of those faggots from Stranger Things.

6.5in but my circumference is 4.7

ffs that's such a horrible horrible idea.
What were they thinking?

Dicaprio's producing it too, which is surprising.

>all those decent sized dicks
5 inch T-T

Attached: getaload.jpg (709x765, 72K)

chris hemsworth as tetsuo
jeff goldblum as old kid
kid from wilderpeople as akira

>No this version of Akira should have a grown up Kaneda and Tetsuo
i literally just said that.
but 20somethings and some younger kids in the gang, don't say how old they are just 'young' and drop the school.

not 50yo keanu lol

lol
julian dennison will definately be a capsule

Attached: JDGVK.jpg (800x451, 36K)

Keanu and Brad Pitt
Middle aged and tired Tetsuo and Kaneda

it was a vocational training school for delinquents

Is this actually fucking real?
I like Taika but what the actual fuck.
Hes gonna turn Akira into a fucking comedy
what the fuck

If they don't cast Louie Anderson I'm going to shoot up the theater.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 12.12.21 PM.png (1026x536, 713K)

well sort of, but they're just doing regular bookwork in classrooms, there's nothing to show it's a vocational school, and it says they're under 15 and just there because they're delinquents.

I mean yeah it's a cool aspect to it, but to make a good film they're gonna have to trim a lot because the original jams it all in with no space to breathe. They never go back to the school lol.
And if they lost that, casting it would be easier. I think they should lose the orphanage flashbacks too and just start the film with kaneda and tetsuo on good terms and show us they care about each other, not just cheat with flashbacks.

I can't even imagine a less appropriate director for this.

>turn esteemed foreign classics into fart joke comedies

How is this not racist? You might as well take a shit on the Japanese flag and wipe your ass with a photo of the emperor.

This guy is my uncle. I can confirm that it is true

I wanted someone like Fukunaga or Villeneuve to handle this.

atleast he's made good films before
the guy they got to make ghost in the shell had just made a string of shit

You mean
>Taika Watiti Cohen

kek

isn't kaneda supposed to be like 15?

STOP GETTING ANIME WRONG

Attached: alan.jpg (1024x576, 48K)

>He thinks Akira is in any way a flawed film

Drooling brainlet detected

It's also one of the all time goats and in many respects without peer.

But yes it's heavily flawed. They just cram too much stuff in for one.
and the relationship between Kaneda and Tetsuo doesn't make sense because they don't show why it's tragic that they fall out because they don't show them being friends really, beyond flashbacks.

flashbacks.
really?

what is with these people, it's like they're stuck at the level of an 8 year old starting to think about society for the first time
>why do laws exist? Why does anyone have the right to tell me or anyone else what to do?
>that's not right
>THAT'S NOT RIGHT

iunno, what's the context? when is the post from? what's he pissed about?

abortion?
is he just talking shit or making a joke?

it's really nothing to get triggered over.

why live action?
id slice my dick off for a two part animated remake which follows the dark horse graphic novels.
books 1-3
books 4-6
Have Otomo supervise, re-create the fluid as fuck animation from the original. a man can dream

7.6 inches YEEEEEE BOOIIIIIIII

>Not remaking it with female Kaneda and Tetsuo.
What's the point.

starring Zendaya

What We Do in the Shadows is good shit, the movie and serie.

Attached: thumb-1920-831804.jpg (1920x1080, 422K)

Here's your Tetsuo right here

Attached: 1482441487393.jpg (602x915, 166K)

Idris Elba

>here's your unrequited love story motivation for tetsuo right here

Attached: Joker001.jpg (536x543, 32K)

That would be based

Would unironically watch

I can't fucking wait for the inevitable casting of several niggers as twitter outrage stays silent unlike they were during the Ghost in a Shell controversy.

Attached: 1438709587095.gif (200x150, 3.65M)

>taika watitis akira
Lmao what jungle nigger ritual are these words from?