Is this movie supposed to be this boring?

Is this movie supposed to be this boring?

Attached: 71X7QGHptLL._SX342_.jpg (342x425, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

suicide.org/international-suicide-statistics.html
purplemath.com/modules/meanmode.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah bro just turn your brain off

Attached: 7-european-directors-average-shot-length-including-ingmar-bergman-and-jean-luc-godard.jpg (1630x1080, 566K)

>boring
Filtered.

Based Tarr, i wonder what would be the number for Angelopoulos, he also worked only with long takes.

Like am i not understanding something here or what? Also the production/set design is horrid. At least the station hallways. Like seriously I understand them portraying disarray but come on it looks like they just threw a bunch of trash on the floor and said fuck it.

Both Solaris movies suck dicks. Just read the book. Brainlets watch movies. Braingiants read books.

was it boring
not sure since i fell asleep a few minutes into it

Attached: giphy.gif (245x130, 1.02M)

I feel like the movie is trying to act smarter than it really is. Like is poses all these questions and doesnt try to answer or explain anc leaves it for the viewer to dissect but at times it's like too vague or just too odd and I feel like it doesnt really work. I dunno maybe I just dont understand. I'd like to, I'm trying. The movie is almost over and im just feeling like people like this because they are told to and not because it actually was good

Did Tarkovsky ever reply to Lem's criticism?

>solaris
>boring
its code word of comfy

Imagine being so weak and pathetic having so little control of your own body and mind that you fall asleep at random points in time in a day

You got it. The book is smarter and doesn't try to hide the meaning. The movie had to try to obscure the meaning because the movie has none. They took out the only meaningful parts of the book and all they were left with was some empty dull imagery with no purpose. Just read the book instead. It's short and it's a pretty basic but still intriguing look at what might happen if humanity encountered an alien intelligence so strange that we had no chance of ever understanding it. The movie is just dull cliched imagery of sentimental nonsense.

remember that any "soviet" director, scientist, artist, or author has a good chance of being shitty but was promoted to a certain status by the soviet propaganda machine in order for russians to not appear like a bunch of trogs living in muddy slush

in the 50s and 60s, the USSR would label some people "father of so and so" or "grand director of whatnot" for political purposes and not because they were actually any good beyond a graduate student level of capability

Maybe Tarkovsky having more integrity than Kubrick is the reason the soviets never (((went))) to the moon .
Don't worry user. Spiderman comes out soon. You'll have something to distract you

Boring is not a valid argument, it only says what your mood was while watching.
What you find boring others can find riveting and vice versa.

Some people are immensely bored by Marvel flicks literally not being able to finish them, some of them think they are just pure fun.
Get better arguments

imagine not being such a worker bee that you make your own judgments and choose to shut out garbage even when its presented by other people as "high art"

also, fuck you

No. Tarkovsky was a talentless hack and a coward.

mega cope

Russians are niggers tho.

shut up and post her tits already

Just because some dullards are entertained by Marvel and Tarkovsky doesn't mean those are good films. Both are trash.

Tarkovsky never hides the meaning of any of his films you mental midget

fall in line, proletariat

THEY WUZ KANGS

Sure, when I watch a film that I don't like I can just shut it off, but to just fall asleep is extremely pathetic. You have to be either obese or underweight

He can't hide the meaning of his films because there isn't any. All Tarkovsky has is some stupid low IQ imagery with no deeper meaning.

Dis Kubrick ever reply to Stephen Kings criticism?

>hey guys, only the things I do are the BEST
fuck off dumb nigger
go make another $1.75 an hour in your russian troll farm

Tarkovsky is great. Solaris is probably his weakest film, but overall he is a great director.
The film has meaning, if you didn't get it you should consider rewatching it or you are just retarded. Also book is not a film, they are different mediums and they shouldn't be compared.

Attached: 1557674763262.jpg (638x1252, 377K)

nice giga brainlet plot point mental midget cope mechanism you have there

Putin-bots Unlimited
A Nation full of Niggers

Attached: 2lfv5zC0iRpGSsT3F0RmiJY1OPl_hnn2wKAW9qXN_S8.jpg (1024x536, 88K)

I am actually underweight and fell asleep trying to watch it
>he's onto something

prove him wrong, dumbass

That's just your opinion, man. Tark is a turd.

The argument forming of a 12 year old, coupled with imaginary headcanon guessing.
You can't possibly defend your pathetic state of dozing off like a helpless 80 year old mid day in any way at all

no fucking way. Tarkovski's shots are this long?

I liked it, even though it's quite long I have never felt bored or anything like that.

Attached: 1541843611454.png (800x800, 271K)

>Tarkovsky
>Meaning
Pick one. Tarkovsky is entry level brainlet fodder. He takes source material and removes the meaning. Then he films empty and soul less blank imagery with no purpose. He was the Refn or Michael Bay of the Soviets.

Why?

I'm not arguing it's boring. I'm saying it's boring to me. I feel as if this movie is trying to be deeper than it really is. You can't just have all this vague concepts and dialogue with no context. It's boring. I love film but this is just a chore to watch. Everything is trying to be too odd without any reason behind. Nothing is even remotely explained which is crazy considering the movie is almost over. It's all interpretations, which doesnt always work. I mean its shot well and the acting is solid but the movie is a chore and God those hallways are just the worst. Who ever designed that is just terrible. Literally just trash on the floor no thought put into it at all.

>mid day

music bro
meaningless
without logic
but we like it
just think about it

why is russia such a fucking shithole

Prove that Tarkovsky films have meaning? Are you serious? Whatever I say now will just get a "dude lmao" brainfart reply so why even bother.

The only thing I can state as a fact is that Kubrick absolutely loved Solaris as a film, would you say that Kubrick was a low IQ individual?

>Andrei Rublev
>Mirror
>Sacrifice
>Nostalghia
>source material
Alright. If you didn't get Solaris that's fine.

What kind of senile grammar is that? Time for the nursing home, gramps.

>I love film
Post your top 10 films of this decade right now, faggot.

You're not missing anything. Film school drop outs and brainlets think that shot length is correlated with film quality. Which by that definition makes some garbage pop culture shit like Warhol's Sleep the best movie ever because it's 5 hours uncut of a guy sleeping. Or something like The Raid because it has 15 minutes uncut of karate fighting. Film drop out plebs are small brained.

There's nothing to get in the movie. I understand that the book was too deep for you film brainlets.

Stupid low class people doing repetitively stupid things.

Attached: here kid, go play.jpg (600x448, 140K)

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
The suicide rate has been steadily decreasing since it peaked at around 40 per 100,000 people in the mid-late 1990s, including a 30% drop from 2001 to 2006. In 2007 about 22% of all suicides were committed by people aged 40–49, and almost six times as many Russian males commit suicide as females.

australia wtf

Attached: suicide-rates-map.jpg (465x315, 35K)

this map doesn't seem legit

There is literally zero reason to compare the book to the film, they are separate entities. You keep comparing them because you are unable to properly criticize the film. So you just keep spouting MUH BOOK BETTER, BOOK DEEP.

here's a hollywood version

Attached: D7DgJXCU8AAMHfv.jpg (1200x795, 185K)

dont fear the reaper
suicide.org/international-suicide-statistics.html

murican niggers seem to have quite a short attention span

I understand that you couldn't comprehend the book. But what makes you think the shallow special effects movies had any meaning? It's just Soviet industrial trash. They pumped out hundreds of these movies per month.

they know how to make movies

I mean I appreciate that aspect of the film. It's truly beautiful, but the film itself is trying really hard to make it seem like its saying something about humanity and its really just isnt. Its relying entirely on the viewers interpretations which is misleading because it's not the movie that is actually deep, it's the questions and answers your creating for yourself after.

I like how it's all hacks up until 7 seconds.
Woody Allen is garbage though

>muh book
Just stop already.
>shallow special effects
Jesus christ.
>they pumped out hundreds of these movies per month
Name them.

>the special effects!!
lmao

>book am too smart. muh brain hurt
Okay that's nice.
>dem purty effects are meaning
kek
>mass produced russian trash is deep
double kek

I would've thought they'd be longer
I wonder how far back in his filmography do they include films, because his early few had relatively fast cuts

>Sacrifice
Wow now that was boring

His worst film
Don't remember who, maybe even Bergman himself, shat on it (rightly)

>australia wtf
Mateship has always been a massive coping mechanism for lonely single men fucking about in the outback.

It's not boring. The end makes me melancholic, and I love when the girl (don't remember her name right now) says "этo я" when she sees her own self image.

>Bela Tarr
>178.3 seconds

Based. And you know what's the best? I only watched 3 kinos from him so far (yes, including Satantango), but neither would have been improved with a tighter editing.

Attached: bela_tarr_portrait_by_francescozanatta-daz27qz.jpg (1600x2137, 812K)

The main character is confused, trying to rationally react to something incomprehensible, something abstract. What's wrong with conveying that feeling? Why do you feel that you got to understand everything, especially when it's a movie about something alien? Just feel it bro.

>Why do you feel that you got to understand everything
this

Based. “Boring” is the absolutely weakest criticism that can be made.

Meant for

If you like him watch some films from Angelopoulos.

if there's nothing to understand why not film a dude taking a rancid shit and then wiping his ass with his hand and smearing it on the wall?

Because that's understandable.

That wouldn't create a sense of confusion, at least not in the intended way

This movie is in itself not a good movie but it is a good thing because it's making me think. If that makes sense. Like most movies are just "turn your brain off" type deals but this movie is posing alot of concepts and themes that makes you think but doesnt dive into it really and leaves it up for interpretation. Which isnt a bad thing but if we are going to talk about the movie as a movie it's bad. As something thought provoking it's working. As a film it's bad. This feels more like I'm in a philosophy course rather than watching a film. It's not necessarily entertaining as much as I am trying to figure out shit about what it means. I dunno man I'm like super tired and just trying to understand this movie

no, based kubrick didn't give a fuck
King's own boring 6 hour version of The Shining only reaffirmed that Kubricks was better

What would be your TOP5 recommendations from him? Preferably in order (no need to be perfect, just roughly).

>"The film [Stalker] needs to be slower and duller at the start so that the viewers who walked into the wrong theatre have time to leave before the main action starts."
>/Andrei Tarkovsky/

Attached: tarkovsky-kapak-900x580.jpg (900x580, 96K)

>What would be your TOP5 recommendations from him?
Eternity and a Day
The Travelling Players
Landscape in the Mist
The Weeping Meadow
The Suspended Step of the Stork

>As something thought provoking it's working. As a film it's bad.
literal pleb spotted

The Shining is bad though, and this is coming from a Kubrick fan.

Leone is unironically the best on that list

wow bros we are talking to a Tarkovsky film right here

>I-I-ITS BORING ON PURPOSE YOU GUISE

Attached: 1557395696796.jpg (443x443, 54K)

>The Shining is bad
commit seppuku

You dont get it. Tarkovsky's films are made to be boring to represent how boring our lives are.

I found the imagery mesmerizing. The shots are well planned and executed. What's the problem with long shots if they're good? The camera is constantly moving, creating beautiful composition after composition. How people call that boring is beyond me.

Attached: 136364-004-622067FE.jpg (354x450, 15K)

I don't see how any of his films are boring desu

a developmental disorder of variable severity that is characterized by difficulty in social interaction and communication and by restricted or repetitive patterns of thought and behaviour.

>nolan
>hack

Attached: 1452460060258.jpg (811x795, 61K)

Someone already did that, watch Hunger.

It's also skewed because I don't think "average" is a good measure for this sort of thing, especially since Leone loved to use those quick cuts so much. Median would be better.
purplemath.com/modules/meanmode.htm

Nolan is a fucking hack.