Heaven's Gate

Was it kino?

Attached: heavens_gate_1981_original_film_art_f_2000x[1].jpg (1401x2093, 562K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YuFBCjx6BDk
nytimes.com/1981/05/16/world/m-g-m-is-reported-purchasing-united-artists-for-350-million.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rather dull and boring. never watched Deer Hunter.

Shat the bed pretty hard too. I guess SOMEONE would have to come in and ruin the fun, thanks michael cimino. thanks for fucking over the only studio that seemed to have some liberty.

Secret of NIMH and Rock & Rule got fucked over for this shit

I can't think of a less memorable multimedia celebrity than Kris Kristofferson.

I saw him do a show a month ago.

the only memorable thing about him that I remember is that he sounded like he had smoked 300 cigarettes before cameras rolled.

top 5 western t b h

So what was the significance of centering every action scene in the movie around spinning?

Why the fuck anybody pay actual money to see an 80+ year old Kris Kristofferson?

>he was 40/50 year old when making Heaven's Gate
>mfw the Harvard scene seriously trying to pass him and John Hurt off as college graduates

despite my qualms with this movie it genuinely felt great when Christopher Walken walked up to the camp where mustache guy was and shot the guy in the head.

Also when they surrounded the mercenaries and just loaded all they could on top of them. And then threw dynamite at them. Now how do 70% of them die with that simple strategy I don't get it.

>bombed so hard that it ensured all future films would have more studio involvement just so to try and avert such a colossal fuckup from happening again
Turned out to be a blessing really, I'm almost certain there are some madmen out there that would direct a 5 hour film if they could and the studio didn't intervene

I suppose SOMEONE would have to have fucked up so it was inevitable.

If only with the final product would've had something to work with, I'm watching a documentary where people suck the cimino cock for being a ''perfectionist'' and yet the final film has less to say about itself than literally any other film UA cancelled/canned/ruined after. Wow Michael, that shot of the sunset looked so pretty, thank god you waited 5 days for that stupid cloud to be where you wanted, makes all the difference. Truly this is as if David Lean made a western.

it's back?

dorkk
youtube.com/watch?v=YuFBCjx6BDk

>Gentlemen, the 70s are over

Top kino

don't go comparing my man Lean to that fuck Cimino

>nearer my god to thee plays

nytimes.com/1981/05/16/world/m-g-m-is-reported-purchasing-united-artists-for-350-million.html

that wasn't me, it was the united artists folk damage controlling

Like geez, at least when Greatest Story Ever Told bombed it ended up a TRULY beautiful film with some unforgettable imagery, Heaven's Gate has like, a couple good shots, unless you're easily amazed at the fact that somehow it took 15 hours to line up every single shot in the movie

If any Heaven's Gate bros want to tell me I'm full of shit, I encourage positive things to say about this movie, because I frankly don't see it.

I think it would be funnier if they made a documentary about the movie

>easily amazed at the fact that somehow it took 15 hours to line up every single shot in the movie
you just know that if the film came out today, redditors would eat that shit up and leepic tracking shot

it's also about illegal immigrants getting decimated by racists hired by the government, which wasn't remotely what happened during the real johnson county war, but hey.