Opinions on Stargate SG-1?

Opinions on Stargate SG-1?

Attached: 250px-Stargate_SG-1_1997_logo.svg.png (250x77, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t9E1sNl0lVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its fucking hilarious

great show. I miss heavy sci-fi shows like that.

>oh shit, we have 5 minutes left in the episode!
>quick, carter technobabble your way into saving the earth!

she can babble my techno if you catch my meaning.

Sci-fi for kids raised by their Grandparents.

GOAT

Entertaining, a decent cast. Something that doesn't require to think too much, without being so dumb you need to turn your brain off.

Its got a proper story arc that ends in a satisfying way, ignore the last season, its not shit, but its on life support.

Great show.
But the Ori were shit and just an asspull.
That said
>We will never see the Wraith war end. and have to read some dumb books

Loved it growing up as a kid. Re-watched it all +Atlantis 3 or so years back. Re-watching it again with a friend now, still think it's brilliant.

Only thing I forgot is that Emancipation exists as an early episode. That was terrible and is enough to put any newcomer off of the show. It's no wonder tv re-runs skip that episode entirely.

it's pretty good

THE WORLD OF MAO
THE WORLD OF STALIN
THE WORLD OF SECRET POLICE, SECRET TRIALS, SECRET DEATHS

Attached: 555.png (417x561, 320K)

One if the best shows ever made

Arguably the best scifi series. We just pretend universe never existed.

Attached: baal_exdeusmachina.jpg (600x450, 147K)

I liked it as I watched it when it aired. I probably stopped watching around season 7 or something. Maybe later. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys science-fiction shows with a layer of comedy.

SG1 good
SG1: Farscape lite ori arc bad
Atlantis cringe with gary stu and mary sue
Universe...we dont talk about that.

Atlantis was good.

Comfiest show ever made. Everything now is so serious.

Attached: 1530539656400.png (628x617, 662K)

>Opinions on Stargate SG-1?
Beyond awesome, though I can only imagine how fun it would have been with Kurt Russell, who has a gift for comedy.

Attached: 1469350066338.jpg (710x400, 37K)

The writers had to keep making bigger, badder baddies because if not they would have written themselves into a hole. They did achieve it though unlike other writers (cough game of thrones cough)

Gouald

Attached: 1694086959.jpg (1535x1120, 403K)

very good overall, interesting story, concepts and characters. I just seem to remember a high proportion of filler episodes. And like others pointed out, it would have been better with something esle as the ori but they were also ok

Attached: stargate anubis.png (750x600, 17K)

The best sci-fi/comedy/drama crossover ever.
I watch the entire series including Atlantis from start to finish at least twice a year for the past several years.
Quality drops seasons 10/11/12 but it's got Claudia Black in it and the Orisi is sexy as fuck and Baal is great so I still love it.

My Gatefu

Attached: Teryl Rothery A Cute.jpg (239x300, 14K)

>Quality drops seasons 11/12
user...

Such a good fucking show. For a show to be one of the only shows Yea Forums can discuss in peace and harmony it has to be good.

It helps that it's over 20 years old so most people posting here never seen it originally.

first episode was kino
youtube.com/watch?v=t9E1sNl0lVY

Kek. It's like a flashback episode.

Teal'c P.I.

>do you plan football
>indeed

Attached: 1530549363989.png (567x709, 694K)

what do you mean?

its really not

almost every episode is "Rodney dont touch that"
*touches away*
[laugh track plays]
"Oh Rodney, ya pesky scamp you"
Directed by Robert B. Weide

Facts.

>Atlantis was good.
Fake and gay.

One of the best sci-fi shows ever. Fun to watch, episodes are consistently good, has a good story arc, and great characters. Some may not like it but noone can say it's bad.

A wonderful show. Nothing like it could ever be made now, much less get 10 seasons.

Sure it definitely had its peak in the middle of the run, but damn the series was fantastic as a whole.

Attached: 1529672977015.jpg (1061x1100, 181K)

Probably my favorite TV show. The only thing that is close to it is DS9, as they are actually really similar. I heard farscape is good, but I keep dropping it after a couple episodes for some reason.

based baal

Attached: 1549364595536.png (639x864, 1.13M)

My all-time favorite show

Attached: sg1 .jpg (1206x904, 217K)

daily reminder that this is total bullshit and that daniel was already gunning down jaffa left and right and mass murdering defenseless goold babies all the way back in season 1

Attached: just going to say that.gif (385x216, 2.97M)

They kept slaying gods left and right. You had to wonder if by the end of the series they would get to the big one. The closer they got to Judeo-Christian myths, the more tantalizingly likely it seemed. Ba'al was basically God's direct mythological predecessor. Merlin and holy grail.

The show went on for so long that the more they ignored Christian myths the more insignificant they were claiming Christian mythology to be, so they almost had no choice but to explore Christian myths.

Too bad the general audience can't handle that shit.

FarScape is the mar mite show.

Either you absolutely love it or you don't. Its a special kino thats really not for everyone.

Universe was the 2nd best after early sg1

they did a very good job with slow-burn pacing and the buildup of the overarching story and technological advancement of humankind as a result of their years of procedural sci-fi adventures, but kind of shot their load all at once in the end with the complete destruction of the GOOLD, and ended up weak in the areas with too much Ori serialization, but still great overall.

universe is for zoomcucks who like nuTelevision grimdark drama trash where there are no more true heroes and everyone is a flawed piece of shit and nothing good ever happens.

1st season lf universe was unwatchable.

fuck off loser no one wants grimdark personal drama in a sci fi show about Egyptian mythology and space eels

bros i love the stargate movie but never watched any of the tv shows. where do i start?

season 1 episode 1. See you in a few months

start at SG1 S1:E1

thanks guys im pretty fired up

I miss comfy shows like this and TNG.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-27-19h33m42s970.png (640x352, 209K)

For me, it's Hathor.

Attached: a0547280-9cc5-0135-79dd-09ffc076f4a5.jpg (960x540, 649K)

>Atlantis cringe with gary stu and mary sue
Fuck off, s1-3 of Atlantis was as good as peak SG-1.

just try and make it through s1 and you'll be alright

Fuck, I meant 8/9/10.

fpbp
it really is kino sci-comedy with the occasional serious ep

No one likes you Rodney. Shouting big words while ignoring the chain of command does not make you the funny autismo smart man

Yea but then Shanks got really jacked.

SG1:
S1 and S2: 25% cringe (muh internal sex organs), 75% kino (naked plant people)
S3-S8: Mostly kino
S9-10: Good, but not AS good.

Atlantis was a mixed bag, but very fun and had a lot of great episodes.

god i love stargate

SG1 was fucking top tier. EXCEPT when the show runners abruptly decided to do a season where it was X-Files lite. That made no fucking sense and those episodes were a slog for me.

You were me this last December. I'm finishing up my run of watching the show now and it's been great. Just google a SG1 Watch Order list and use one of those. It's only useful when you get to SG:A which will be a while, but otherwise just watch the shit in order. Have fun.

>Fuck off, s1-3 of Atlantis was as good as peak SG-1.
Atlantis was good once they swapped out the generic black guy for Mamoa. That's when the team gelled and things got interesting.

Shame they killed the doctor, I liked him. And what is it with them with killing doctors? I liked the SG1 doctor, too.

Spoilered because there are people in thread who haven't seen it and I want to give them the courtesy of a clean watch.

For as much as they get shit on, I enjoyed the Ori plotline. Once they wrapped up the main goa'uld plotline I was done with them. I didn't need another couple of seasons of Baal showing up.

it was confusing, should have just called them the snake people

Attached: 1496470531898.jpg (650x473, 75K)

I grew up with TNG, and only watched SG1 last year, and I think I like SG1 better.

I think SG1 had better character and story arcs, but TNG had some really great episodes in a bottle.

Aye, getting Ford out of the rotation was a good move.
Unrelated, but I loved seeing Colm Meaney show up.

Best show off the top of my fran