Antagonist is evil because... he's evil

>antagonist is evil because... he's evil

Attached: 1551807126864.jpg (800x453, 45K)

deh!

He is evil because he is SMART.
Literally Rick & Morty tier.

What's the problem?

Look at him, how can he not be Evil? Can you imagine him ordering at Starbucks?

>durr hurr grey morality is superior becuz its COMPLEX and REALISTIC

I bet you think The Catcher in the Rye is a masterpiece

>dude stop judging my children books!!

Because he's the symbolic embodiment of certain objective, negative characteristics, often referred to as sins.

Moral relativism is a cancer of the modern age, repent sinner.

>MIDDLE EARTH: NOW!
>STARRING MELT MAN

>antagonist is called Sauron
>antagonist's henchman is called Sauron-man
whoah...

He is evil because, like his master, he is trying to impose his own will and order on Iluvatar's already perfect creation

Were the Haradim and Easterlings evil, Yea Forums?

He was evil because of his VAT rates

>Catcher in the Rye
>not a children’s book

Ok kiddo

It's a good movie,but this is literally capeshit tier story line
>Big bad evil
>group of special people fight together
>quips

Fuck morally grey morality. Good and evil should be objective.
Fuck pretending that a monster is the same as a Greek or Croatian, it's not an ethnic group it's an invasive species with tool use and social organization.
Fuck any and all "necromancy can be good" fags. It's evil to any culture with taboos about handling and interacting with the dead, in other words, most of them.

Tolkien knew the dark races are wicked in their hearts

>it's another "autistic user doesn't understand anything" thread

Attached: isildurno.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

At the end of the day is a Catholic story.
He is evil because he goes against God plans and he goes against them because God made him that way and everyone is predestined and there is no free will.

>quips
hardly, the dialogue is very honest and sincere. With very little irony and memery.

>waaaah I don't understand pure evil
>waaah I need an edgy backstory
>waaaah I need to be a sympathetic villian
>waaah where's my explosions and marvel quips

Attached: 342.jpg (608x342, 21K)

Do you know what an allegory is?

>conflating amerimutt protestant retardation with Christianity

Attached: 1550267647223.jpg (720x833, 29K)

>Good and evil should be objective
the irony is that this is almost exclusively said by racist anime-loving degenerates on Yea Forums

>He doesn't know that Melkor's disharmony was planned for all along and that the Marring of Arda had to happen for all of Eru's plans to unfold, including the Ascendancy of Men

that's literally it
the Silmarillion proves it

Sauron is evil because he wants Orwellian control of everyone and everything because he is anal about order. Hence why his symbol is a great eye which isn't all seeing but if he wins will eventually become all seeing.

Also remember in Return of the King "I'll give your name AND NUMBER to the Nazgul". Back when Tolkien grew up free men did not have centralized ID numbers...

>antagonist's motivations are arguably better than protagonist's

He's evil because he had angel autism. He wanted things to be orderly and neat, but Eru loves slobs and NEETs

>antagonist is evil because... he's evil
The only time they ever spoke of motive was when they said he desired power.

>Bad guy named Sorrowman
>good guy named gladriel
Wow Tolkien really was creative

>aligned with the analog to Satan
>"Were they evil?"

Attached: 1456132632305.png (300x518, 176K)

If Tolkien could draw he wouldve made this a shonen manga

Silmarillion isn't theology, my dude. Predestination has nothing to do with most of Christian dogma, you absolute mong.

Attached: 1549227970525.png (461x426, 269K)

So you're saying good and evil is objective? Because it isn't ironic otherwise.

That's what high fantasy is. Evil is a motivation in itself.

>analog of Satan takes care of them
>actual god does nothing
who is the real villain

>it's a Catholic story
>immediately describe it in Calvinist terms

Attached: Children.png (409x325, 164K)

>God is omniscient
>which means he knows everthing that has happened, is happening, and will happen
>which must mean he knows every aspect of your life, from birth to death
>which means that every choice and action you make were already laid out before you even existed

Gimme an alternate explanation, please.

But user, isn’t Satan the father of lies?

The Satan analog is. And those aligned with it are either evil, manipulated, or confused.

Attached: hm.jpg (300x396, 12K)

>le "if God exists why doesn't he personally help me get laid?" argument.

Wouldn't it be pretty easy to beat Satan? Just assume all he says are lies and do exactly as opposite.

God knew the good guys would have won

Why didn't Jesus ask the Eagles to rescue him from the Cross?

Try watching the movie, you cancerous pile of shit.

Two words: Free will, only a fraction of Christianity denies this

The problem isn't God's "omnis" being problematic. It's rather our attempts at quantifying categories of the infinite with finite minds.

Attached: 1551632717471.png (1029x1150, 616K)

>God creates all reality from beginning to end in one go
>reality only plays itself out in time while God sees it entirely
>includes things that can act freely
>knowing how things are in the future doesn't change that you acted on your own

Attached: oldest thing I got.gif (340x255, 335K)

This

That doesn't really answer my question.

If I had 100% free will then God would not be able to know what I would do in 5 mins, because every choice would be mine alone. If he knows, then those choices were already laid out ahead, and thus the free will in question would be just an artifact of our limited perception of time.

but I only acted that way because god made me that way, it's really not my choice

I was gonna post basically this.
Well done user, OP is a brainlet

Attached: 26056116_523250818057650_3218687258036882437_n.jpg (418x500, 35K)

Based

>>knowing how things are in the future doesn't change that you acted on your own

That doesn't make any sense. If the knowledge exists then both the choices and consequences are a predetemined factor. The person being unaware of that fact doesnt alter it.

I just did tho. You didn't understand what I said.
I questioned our capacity to apprehend infinite categories, such as omniscience. You operate from a world-view that considers "god" as something wholly reducible to rationality, while in truth God transcends it.
There are things we can never fully comprehend about Him, this is why we have to rely on other means. Such as revelation, tradition etc.
This is all basic shit, but I'm not really surprised a rootless amerimutt wouldn't have been taught anything.

Attached: 1553904413963.jpg (2312x3600, 3.66M)

Also melkor fucked the goodboy out of him with is huge evil cock.

but those movies literally have marvel quips

You actually need reasons to be good, not evil.

Your free will gives you a choice, but only God knows all the possible choices and all the possible outcomes at all times - since the number of choices we can make about things in our lives is theoretically infinite, his knowledge doesn't limit it, it only enhances it since he allows for possibility of those things occurring.
If you were destined to do only one thing in your life, and you suddenly did something else, wouldn't God either have to know you would stray, which allows for free will, or he wouldn't be omniscient, since he couldn't either predict or know what will follow your choice to "stray" from your destined path.

This is what it means to be unable to grasp God's knowledge and mind.

Free will doesn't exist though?

Your explanation bascially boils down to a "you just dun' geddit", the argument that every brainlet uses when driven to a corner and can't really give a solid answer.

Sauron did nothing wrong. Name ONE (1) thing that Saurin did that was "evil."

Attached: 1556734462901.jpg (650x650, 76K)

Not at all. You have desires naturally and can be enslaved by them, yes, but you have the capacity to not as well. Look at any disciplining practice in the world. Buddhist monks, for instance. They have a human nature and human desires like any of us but have a rational control over it.
You seem to be either thinking we are by default slave to desires or saying we lack free will for God creating our nature despite our general control of it.

>That doesn't make any sense. If the knowledge exists then both the choices and consequences are a predetemined factor.
At what point is human freedom denied in this situation you describe? Note again the position God would be in.

Attached: BREAKING NEWS.jpg (400x400, 54K)

>free will exists
>God knows all the possible choices and all the possible outcomes at all times

Then by definition free will doesn't truly exist.

Isn't Sauron literally Lucifer? The story of Lord of the Rings is basically Christianity

The industrial revolution and it's consequences have been a disaster for the races of Middle-earth

The fact that he knows all the choices in the first place allows for the possibility of choice, it does not exclude it.
Imagine a chainlink with infinite branches expanding in all directions , as opposed to a single sequence of events - just because God knows how everything looks it does not preclude you form choosing any one of those paths - he measures you and your choices accordingly, but by sheer fact of allowing those possibilities, he gives you choice, and thus free will.

Knowing what someone could do != denying the capacity for someone to act at their own discretion

Attached: the best times are here again.jpg (553x567, 80K)

Does God know that erlier I fapped to shota hentai?

Before you were even born.

Attached: why have you forsaken yourself.jpg (960x799, 87K)

Stop playing dumb and try to grasp this: a system x can't contain the whole of a larger system y which also contains itself (x).
This is literally all there's to it and you trying to act smart is merely exposing your ignorance.

Go back to /pol/ tripfag

"No."

Attached: HOLY SHIT ITS THE FUCKING BIBLE COMIN AT YA.jpg (500x500, 63K)

I have to say this is the first time I've said this about a tripfag, but based