Could a Magic: The Gathering film series, or perhaps tv series, ever work? What would you like to see in it?

Could a Magic: The Gathering film series, or perhaps tv series, ever work? What would you like to see in it?

Attached: MTG-Enlarge.jpg (3675x2175, 559K)

like a show based on the actual card game or a show based on lore?
I go with the card game

Lore you dimwit.

I was thinking the other day I'd want to see one. Either that or a D&D series.

Make it both. Like yugioh.

So Game Of Thrones? They already proved they can't write for shit.

fuck off and die, nerds

It could work, but I doubt it would.

Wizards have been pushing the lore and writing it so it would be kinda easy to digest for people who aren't familiar with it.
That and the fact that they have their version of Avengers in the Gatewatch which feels like they made just to line it up for a potential movie/tv series.

I think it could be cool, but I'm 100% sure it would be shit and very politically correct since the Wizards are doing a shit ton to be just that and it's extremely tiresome at this point.
Back in the day there was a nice mix of everything on the cards' art, but the last few years it's been painfully obvious how they're massively pandering to that whole politically correct group.

It would be sick, if done well, some of the stories on screen, but most of the lore reads like bad fan fiction too, so it would need a lot of work.

Attached: 1557153105685.jpg (419x746, 38K)

As a TV series we get an anthology series that follows different planeswalkers each episode (or season). For films brothers war into apocalypse into the weatherlight saga skip this modern trash avengers shit that wizards has as the MTG plot.

I thought about something like the decay of the orzhov. The corrupt cleric, counsil, etc.

Attached: mtgorzhov.jpg (488x680, 68K)

Piss of everyone and go with the original books that had bags of referential items that duelists grab into, then make the whole series about some hippie chick after the first season.

Is the cat giant or are the merpeople tiny?

Giant cat

Attached: Enlarge-M14-Spoilers.jpg (265x370, 37K)

Neat.

Brother's war and Weatherlight saga would be really cool, but let's be real. Do you think Wizards would use that for a movie and not current Gatewatch stuff?
They'd do everything they could to create a cinematic universe with Gatewatch focus.

A tv show set on Ravnica would be cool. Just please don't let fucking Netflix make it. They're murdering The Witcher right now.

No we're getting Magic's very own set of lame avengers instead of getting interesting stories. But op asked what I'd like to see.

The older lore and storyline of the crew of the weatherlight coming together up through Apocalypse is the only story MTG should ever consider. Naturally it will never happen. It actually had enough backstory and character to make something substantial, the background of Urza could make for a great opening lore scene ala Lord of the Rings.

make it about those sick kami niggas

i would love to see a Brothers War thing but theres no way WOTC would allow it. They will for sure do some lame avengers style gatewatch thing where they introduce jace, gideon, etc in separate movies and make a big gatewatch movie in the end

That would be a cool intro for sure. It should be enough to set people up for the Weatherlight saga, I just sadly doubt they'd ever make it.

If they do make a movie, I think it'll go the way of the Warcraft movie.
They'd want to set it up like a cinematic universe with a massive cliffhanger and a teaser at the end, but it would sell so poorly they'd never get around to making a followup.

>lame avengers

Are we still in the time where everybody is trying to do that?

Wizards still is.

wizards just did their "avengers endgame" after setting up their "infinity war" in amonkhet and previously they made the "im putting together a team" meme with kaladesh. so yeah

the bolas storyline wasnt too bad, the book was shit but it had potential, if given to a competent writer it could actually be pretty good

I thought they'd try to be more subtle until they printed a card called commence the endgame.

you're a cheeky cunt

cmon

It was just too on the nose I mean they didn't have bolas snap during hour of devastation.

the bolas snap could technically have been the old gods (scorpion, locust, etc) awakening and killing everyone and everything