THE HIDDEN MEANING/THEORY IS THAT THERE IS NO HIDDEN MEANING/THEORY AND THEY REALLY ARE JUST EVIL DOPPELGANGERS

>THE HIDDEN MEANING/THEORY IS THAT THERE IS NO HIDDEN MEANING/THEORY AND THEY REALLY ARE JUST EVIL DOPPELGANGERS.

Bravo?

Attached: US.jpg (1200x627, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thesaurus.com/browse/read
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's better then what everyone was assuming.

MUP DA DOO DIDDA PO MO GUB BIDDA BE DAT TUM MUHFUGEN BIX NOOD COF BIN DUB HO MUHFUGGA

Can we at least all agree that the little girl is fucking scary to look at?

Seriously though here is my take on it. The girl could have just been nice and helped her twin out but instead she ran and escaped. Then the top girl is stuck in the down world and gets everybody on board with a big plan to fuck shit up as revenge and keep in mind she is like 4 years old and only knows what she has seen on TV up until this point (hands across america being a big one).

But what boggles my mind is What were the rabbits eating?

user, it's like the machines harvesting humans for food in the matrix. It just doesn't have to make any sense at all.

I thought this movie was p great, better than Get Out. Not entirely sure why it got so little attention, despite grossing pretty highly

Attached: mifune_3201.jpg (267x349, 22K)

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Why did you think the movie had a hidden meaning in the first place though

Attached: 1558365442254.jpg (1024x768, 106K)

The machines weren't harvesting the humans for food you absolute moron, unless you got a shitty translation of the Matrix, Humans were being kept as batteries in part due to the robots being solar powered and the humans blocked out the Sun. So since the human bodies can produce power, they decide to use them instead.

The hidden meaning is despite being 17% of the population....

It really felt like it was 2 movies in one. The first being that the family comes back and is evil and they have to escape. I considered it to be a 6/10 with not much story going on but it being kinda spooky when the family shows up. BUT holy shit. When the white family hears a noise outside and the wife wants the husband to go check it out. I felt shivers down my spine at that part because it threw me off so much. I was not expecting that. And then it felt like a whole new movie and it was easily a 8-9/10 for me which is difficult for a horror movie to get. I need to feel legitimately scared at one point and it needs to have some sort of a storyline that doesn't rely on magic.

Funniest part in the movie was the Fuck the Police song playing. Whole theatre was laughing and I chuckled.

>So since the human bodies can produce power
Which actually, they can't, they waste energy converting food calories (produced by the SUN) into ATP. Based fucking ESL retard had no idea what I was talking about, but yeah, typical of this board

Attached: 1558415244526.png (886x709, 206K)

the movie was unironically good and was surprised that there was a nearly no political/social message

Yeah bro that shit was awesome. I liked the whole part with than song so much, reminded me of the katana scene from Pulp Fiction

Inb4 someone posts soiface because I mentioned that scene

Attached: 1557291260628.jpg (750x747, 149K)

>surprised that there was a nearly no political/social message
I kinda liked that. Somehow /pol/ I mean Yea Forums thinks that it was some WE WUZ BIX NOOD bullshit that it's not. Shame, honestly

Nigga we produce 100 watts of electricity in our god dam sleep

>zero cultural impact

jordan must be seething

>Movie doesnt explain horror mechanic
This movie sucks it just left us hanging
>Movie fully explores how horrir mechanic works
This movie sucks its just not plausible or realistic at all!

Nigger what

I actually really liked this movie. Thought the gore was good, actors were great and it was generally creepy.

Nice to see some decent horror making a comeback

... the movie couldn't have been more overt about it's message. its about how the poor live a thin imitation of the lives of the rich, and the differences are profoundly damaging, and the only people who believe the differences between the classes can be reconciled are the people who experienced the only social mobility that is possible, rich to poor.

>Not entirely sure why it got so little attention, despite grossing pretty highly

The interviews and all that hyped up it would be a movie to make you think, but in reality if you think about any of it, it falls apart and you hit a roadblock of realizing just how rock stupid everything in the movie is, so thinking about the "Themes and deeper meanings" is pretty much relegated to youtube critics who all spout the same thing "Don't worry about the minor details, worry about the big picture", and they only do it because they're paid to do it. Anyone else tries to think about the big picture and realizes it can't possibly mean anything to anyone because its so stupidly written and downright idiotic of a base idea it has no connection to the real world except for in such a broad venue that even Skeletor from He-Man fits the same mold.

Most other movies that leave an impact like that either tout being something, like Inception, and deliver. Or you know, you're a marvel movie and you don't tell your audience to be smart, in fact you make fun of someone overthinking it in the movie, so they know not to think too hard about it and just enjoy it for what it is. Nobody making Avengers 1 asked you to overthink anything.

me on the left

I wonder what could cause that message not to connect, maybe-
>Wait, these guys were cloned to control people, right? But they were controlled? And the government just... left them down there? In the infinite tunnels? And nobody ever noticed? Its not like driving into the ghetto and having your mind blown here, there's a fucking secret society that's accessible by a little girl and nobody noticed! So what, we're expected to believe the poor are manufactured by the government specifically to be poor, but they weren't supposed to be poor, they were supposed to be the ones in control. So the message is the government wants to make the poor people rich but fucked up so hard we're all just pretending they didn't? And that little girl could leave at any time! She wasn't tethered, that was the whole damn plotpoint! And she could leave out the same way she came in! Or any of the other ways in! So poor people can stop being poor instantly any time they feel like it and just need to stop being stupid long enough to walk out? You have to start a whole invasion instead of just walking out the door?... Oh wait, and the poor are evil. Like, legit evil and twisted monsters who none of the murdered individuals had any idea of because the Government erased records of them. So the moral is, don't not know about erased poor people who can become rich people very easily.

Or you know, it's just a badly written shit movie.

Jordan peele is a complete hack, and this is coming from a black millennial

ye, i just spent too much time trying to figure out a hidden meaning. so tiring

or maybe you're not as smart as you think you are

its a piece of crap of a movie who had no internal logic and falls apart when you think about any aspect of it, from how that place could exist to how could the original girl being there without thinking about fucking run.

american media and movie critics general should be ashmed into hyping it up such pathetic attempt of horror, social commentary, sci fi, whatever it tried to be.

i watch this with the pet sematery remake and it was equally bad but, at least, had a decent miserable ending an was one hour shorter.

The original script explained it as the machines using our brains for extra processing power ala the TechnoCore in the Hyperion books.

It got changed by producers complaining that average movie goers wouldn't understand the concept, and the writers caved.

Why is Jordan Peele so obsessed with actual black people?

The amount of plot armor for the niggers in this movie is funny

the white family is killed in seconds

Attached: a.jpg (728x719, 73K)

>how could the original girl being there without thinking about fucking run.
because her "parents" were also there and wouldn't let her?

But you're gonna watch his version of The Twilight Zone, right?

....right?

STOP LAUGHING AT ME!

No yeah try and explain the 'grand theme' with the backstory explaining that the clones were made specifically to control the people above, but it didn't work that way and backfired. This is supposed to be poor people? So, in Jordan Peeles grand theme, poor people aren't the result of their upbringing or systems in place, but instead, holy shit it can only be, a combination of the Government failing to make a newly introduced population control and take over the original population and inherently flawed genetics. Wasn't the 'poor people's choices, wasn't their decision, its that the government failed when they tried to make this new massive influx of people able to control the original population they wanted kept in check because they were inherently unable at a genetic level.

Go ahead, explain how this theme fits with the backstory, would love to hear it.

i will buy that because i can imagine a nigger girl being that stupid. thanks user.

The 'parent's who were tethered, and she was not, so all she had to do was wait for her 'dad' to pretend to drive a car-try not to think how the fuck that worked because its yet another thing that breaks the movie-and then just walk out?

Oopsie.

>combination of the Government failing to make a newly introduced population control and take over the original population and inherently flawed genetics.

Jordon Peele bringing the hardcore redpills? Holy shit no wonder they put him in the Twilight Zone.

lol lol lol

the more you think about it, the worst it gets, people should just shut the fuck up about it and avoid to come up with excuses for this crap.

I guess you missed the part about how she was cuffed to the bed, a reflection of how the tethered girl was being shuffled around mental hospitals to "fix" her "PTSD."

you should be ashamed of willingly consuming bollywood products and thinking you have any grounds to talk about film

>So, in Jordan Peeles grand theme, poor people aren't the result of their upbringing or systems in place
except the movie is literally about how upbringing and systems are what was responsible for the massive differences between tethered and untethered behavior/psychology, despite the dualist connection between the tethered and unthethered.

Are you crazy? The shadow people are black people and the film was a call to kill every white person whos 'shadow' they have been living under.
Geez.

>except the movie is literally about how upbringing and systems are what was responsible for the massive differences between tethered and untethered behavior/psychology,

You mean the government created link that happened due to a genetic fault. Upbringing and systems literally meant nothing without those. Shoot, they didn't even get to factor in except as a fallout from those first two things. No system was going to help them while they were tethered, which you know was supposed to be used as a means of mind control to the ones with different upbringing and had it been successful would have rendered any upbringing and systems in place completely moot and out of their control, thus completely irrelevant. After all, what good does upbringing do when you literally have no control over your body because someone somewhere else is making those choices for you without knowledge, consent or even direct or indirect actions? The only 'system' that could be blamed in any of this this is a system that lets a government build enough inaccessible/easily accessible tunnels beneath an entire country for the sole purpose of controlling a population with a brand new population and who will happily leave millions upon millions of failed infiltration agents alone without any means for survival or assistance and uncaring if they turn on the original population.

So... vote republican?

>the government created link that happened due to a genetic fault
the movie describes how the link wasn't anticipated and attempts to exploit it failed, for reasons that should've been obvious.

>the movie describes how the link wasn't anticipated

So the genetic fault.

>attempts to exploit it failed,

Made the recreation of a replacement/controlling population unviable

>for reasons that should've been obvious.

In all logic it really shouldn't have, the whole 'clone a soul' thing really should not have been on anyone's radar, but its also the only explanation for the government cloning so many outside of straight up Invasion of the Body Snatchers Esq goings on. Either they cloned that many to attempt to control a population and by the time they got old enough they realized the connection was one way and they abandoned them, or they attempted to use this massive amounts of clones to literally replace children and or babies with their more subservient and controllable class but failed due to an unexpected failure of them on a genetic level that meant the original population would always be superior barring a sudden change in the 'soul' that the movie never explains or looked at.

What system was going to stop governments replacing a population with carefully crafted inferior replacements? Was Billy Nye going to educate them on why the soul has eight genders?

>the genetic fault.
where in the movie is this said

>where in the movie is this said

It was very cleverly hidden in the background, if you squint really close and pay attention at the background near the big finale, you will hear a long ass badly writing shoehorned in exposition about how everyone was cloned by the government and they came out somehow being forced to mimick people miles away exactly. Peele is a mastercraft of making morons believe he's subtle.

But by all means, try to give a better way to explain a consistent fault in a genetic engineering across the board in a cloning experiment.

You shouldn't look to reduce art to a single and comprehensive "meaning". There is no one meaning, there is a plurality of meanings, which is not the same as saying it's whatever you think/want it to be. Latent meaning is found in every creative choice. Films are not made from the ground up and wrapped around some pre packaged thesis of "meaning".

>what is an allegory.jpg

Shadows woman's voice was too lol for me. It didn't ruin the film but it certainly went downhill for me from then.

Attached: 1536568150826.jpg (298x380, 45K)

so, friend, what you're saying is genetics were never mentioned, and its entirely your headcanon.

But what was actually mentioned was the soul. Were you actually anywhere near as intelligent as you fancy yourself, just mentioning the soul in connection with cloning would've indicated to you the connection was dualist in nature.

So they wanted to clone people to replace them, found a metaphysical link instead, couldn't really exploit it because the differences in environment distorted beyond usefulness, and didn't just torch them all because of the potential consequences of killing something a soul was clearly inhabiting.

>Films are not made from the ground up and wrapped around some pre packaged thesis of "meaning"

some are, and this is a pretty clear example of one

It was like a classic throwback horror film, consciously using all of the traditional tropes, not subverting the genre or anything, or trying to be 'elevated'. And I liked that. It's nice to watch a simple traditional horror film, that's well made to modern standards in a modern setting sometimes.

I reckon they should have simplified it further.

Anyone saying it's brilliant is delusional though. It's just good. It would be better if it was less ambitious and it's already not very ambitious at all.

Solid 7/10

>its a movie about how the rich manufacture the poor to keep the people in the middle in line and under control
>suddenly the entire internet is talking about how its meaningless and up to interpretation and not actually coherent in it's message

so inherent vice all over again.

the tethered act like caricatures. i wondered if it wasn't something in line with Persona or the hyperreal sense of a second projected self which comes to equal or more prominence than the human being it comes from. like some kind of social media or politics as identity critique? because the simple tethered are proles/minorities etc. theory seems to imply the under priveleged are animals and the movie is at large a celebration of their killing. i don't think jordan peele is as facist or psychotic as that.

Attached: DLg8sesVoAE3FWP.jpg (720x720, 73K)

No he's just retarded

Well let *this* boggle your mind:

If they could just leave at any time, why did she stay down there for decades?

It's an extremely traditional horror film. Whatever hamfisted messaging it has is poorly implimented and largely irellevant.

It's entertainment not art or an intellectual piece.

>so, friend, what you're saying is genetics were never mentioned,

Or, alternatively, I said they were mentioned outright when they said 'cloning' over and over. You know what 'Cloning' is, right? What it means? Here's a hint, I know this is going to blow your mind, but its literally all about genetics. All of it. Ground up is a genetic thing.

>But what was actually mentioned was the soul.

Which is a consistent presence that can be linked by, and you're going to love this, cloning. And only cloning! Did you notice how, in the movies universe and coincidentally ours, that twins don't mimic each other? Hmmm, that's odd, they follow the same rule as the kids in the movie would and both were born at the same time as was explained by the main villainess, down to the same genetic makeup, but there's something about these ones that made them inherently susceptible to the tethering, while another was not. A tethering he could replicate on the surface, even! Hrmmm, I wonder I wonder.

>So they wanted to clone people to replace them,

We kind of looped back to your dumbass comparing this to rich people and poor people, so in addition to trying and failing to understand what 'cloning' means, you've also admitted yeah that whole rich poor thing was bullshit, the government tried to make a bunch of rich people but gosh darn it, the side effects of their creation made them incapable of that to a level no system could have fixed while the fault was present. Darn it.

>and didn't just torch them all because of the potential consequences of killing something a soul was clearly inhabiting.

So instead they left them to starve to death. Better hope nobody up top can't breastfeed, or there's a lot of dead babies down there!

Or, in laymens terms, nobody needs to be intelligent to realize the movie is dumb, your 'theme' idea doesn't fit, and there is a threshold of stupidity for looking at this and thinking its smart. Congratulations.

because they couldn't leave at any time. they could only leave by abandoning/ignoring/fighting the influence of the connection.

Not him, but because it desperately needed one to make up for the fucktarded logistics and plotholes that are introduced by "abandoned government mind control experiment that continues to run on its own for decades with nothing but retards."

So you can barely read and have just about no understanding of dualism.

Maybe this basic horror movie really was too smart for you?

it was an average but straightforward horror flick. only in these clown world times would people try to pseudo-analyze it

>the clones were made specifically to control the people above
what? Is that really the theme of the movie? Government made Clones? lmao
I thought it was some pretentious Jungian Shadow-self shit manifested in corporeality

Fucking nailed it. It really is shit writing. It doesn't work well from any angle.

Attached: adf.jpg (306x53, 4K)

Do you really think peele is intelligent enough to write a story around that concept? Do you really this fucker ever starved growing up?

>lose argument
>reply to yourself

>So you can barely read and have just about no understanding of dualism.

Again, you're bringing up concepts that not only were not a part of the movie in that many badly written exposition explaining, but are incongruous to the very ideas they did explain in stupid detail, and I mean that literally. They told us what happened, a specific person was cloned, what happened when they were cloned, after birth these people who had undergone this process and their offspring showed a specific trait, and then even explained how said process came to be and that it was unavoidable. You're throwing up a metaphyiscal concept, which is fine for horror movies in general, but you're throwing it against a movie that explained the exact opposite of what you're saying. If that's what they were going for, they could have cut out a long ass badly written pretty stupid plothole ridden exposition scene and conveyed what you meant, but because they didn't and, like you, were pretty damn convinced this really idiotic thing in front of them was smart, they put it in the movie anyway. So, instead of your idea being clear, its ramming up against the movie equivalent of a wall of text explaining why its the exact opposite.

>Maybe this basic horror movie really was too smart for you?

Yeah man, that and the word cloning really trip me up. I'm glad you're here, and that's why you should not feel bad for thinking this dumbass movie makes sense on any level, including your dumbass theme that doesn't fit. Keep thinking hard champ.

It doesn't really matter what I think. Because he clearly did write a movie about that concept, hamfisted as it was.

>It got changed by producers complaining that average movie goers wouldn't understand the concept, and the writers caved.
why do Jews alway think that goyim are literally retardeed

For decades?

The argument of 'No no, ignore what the movie said, it's actually about this'.

You honestly wouldn't be so funny without this reply>and its entirely your headcanon.

Dumb as hell and no self awareness? The triple threat!

the idea of the movie is they cloned people and found out the clones shared a soul with the originals.

long enough to think it was where she belonged and succumb to the connection

>the idea of the movie is they cloned people and found out the clones shared a soul with the originals.

Right, and according to this universe the soul is specifically able to be replicated via science and cloning only, again in the movie and in real life you'll notice twins do not suddenly start mimicking each other from miles away. The metaphysical concept, if it plays a part, only plays a part in so far as they found the exact manner to replicate it on a genetic level via science.

Is that stupid? Welcome to the rest of the movie! We can replicate souls with science and literally nothing else, that's canon! As are bunnies dying over imaginary stoves or babies being able to nurse off bunny dicks I guess!

Oh, there's some psychopathy in there. He let the actual "villain" win and forgot to give that any overtly ominous connotations. Literally none. Red was the wronged party who had her life stolen, yet the film treats her death as a victory. Her dopple faces zero consequences for her actions.

>movie not retard-friendly
>not explicitly spelling everything out
>too brainlet to understand
>"HURRRR THERE IS NO MEANING DURRRRR"

Here's where your complete and total lack of understanding of dualism keeps causing you problems.

the soul wasn't replicated. Dualism holds that the soul is metaphysical. So the clones tapped into the same outer dimensional place that gave the originals their souls.

the movie used the swap twist to push nurture over nature. furthermore, the clone hijacking the original's life is what lead to the destruction of both worlds.

Yeah they could. Red's dopple did. All the rest of them do when Red's "plan" is ready. There is no "malfunction" or other sort of containment breach ever implied at any point.

Did they even explain why a shitload/all of them got free?

"red" triggered a shift because she wasn't down there her entire life, and still retained some memories of an actual life, instead of the imitation life, which was all anyone else down there knew.

the noise from the connection apparently being pretty strong, making it hard to not get caught up in it.

yea... they started rejecting the urge to imitate the lives of their originals.

>the soul wasn't replicated.

>repeat (a scientific experiment or trial) to obtain a consistent result.

As in, they could make a thing that shared the same 'soul', not that it was split into two pieces or they took the soul, and that it was a consistent result no matter who they cloned. I mean google's right fucking there, man. Read.

>So the clones tapped into the same outer dimensional place that gave the originals their souls.
No, they shared the same soul as the one up top, which they obtained when they were cloned and, reminder, this is a trait that followed down through children. Meaning its not just the initial cloning, something in their genetic makeup that was replicated-look it up before you say something stupid again its the first bullet point-is intrinsically locked to be predisposed not only to connect with this soul, but also this tethering will only ever go one way for those with this genetic makeup, and that's confirmed when Nacho walks back into the fire.

Which, reminder, they got via genetic cloning. They got connected to the soul via straight up science cloning. Is it just sharing the same genetics? Nope! Twins don't do that shit, its this specific process, in movie, and nothing else. Got any ideas otherwise? Well i have a long as exposition from a shitty writer that says you're wrong. The cloning caused this link, which is genetic and passed down, to be faulty and work wrong for a government created replacement population.

Or maybe some shit about poor people and rich people or whatever, could work if you're stupid, and this movie picks winners.

and here's where your failings of basic literacy start rearing their head. As now you're saying the exact same things I am, but telling me I'm wrong.

>reply to yourself

Attached: Screenshot_20190528-024033.png (1440x2560, 397K)

>and here's where your failings of basic literacy start rearing their head. As now you're saying the exact same things I am, but telling me I'm wrong.

Yeah that whole lack of self awareness thing is rearing its head again with you buddy.

> As now you're saying the exact same things I am,

God I hope I don't sound that stupid, but you've shown quite magnificently one might be able to delude themselves.

Can I break it down for you just so you're up to speed?
>If the movie was about the disparity between rich and poor, or the similar but flawed lives, or that systems and upbringing is what makes us what we are, it fucked it up with its backstory that contradicts all that and focuses more on why we should be stopping totalitarian nightmares brought on my cloning that connects metaphysical concepts or creates psychic links.
>All of the Tethered's problems are genetic. Sure a genetic that apparently either links to latent psychic powers, an Godlike being that controls our soul, or just some genetic fuckery like in TMNT:Out of the Shadows and the hidden warthog in us all is acting up, but genetics all the same. Its a genetic fault in these guys that make them act like this brought on by unethical experiments, not society.
>This movie is stupid, it's really stupid, it makes no sense and the themes if it even have any are broken by shitty writing spouted out in a badly written exposition dump to facilitate the dumbest cloning plot of all time.
>You should probably stop bringing attention to intelligence, gives off an insecure theme. But hey, you're more consistent with yours than Peele ever was!

Nothing in the movie even makes a *halfass* attempt at explaining why simply being in the tunnels would change a fucking thing for Red, why it would remove her autonomy, an autonomy that her dopple was already demonstrating, mind you. Peele states a bunch of "rules" in an embarrassingly ham-handed exposition dump, then ignores it all when it's inconvenient for the plot, like how the son can exert control over his tether even after it's aboveground, but only when the plot needs him to.

The machines still like the humans on some level, which is why part of why they created the Matrix and didn't just let everyone sleep forever

there was nothing in the tunnels but the noise from the connection. they didn't even actually have beer, but still felt drunk when the originals got drunk, etc. swapping red for her original and having her original suffer the same type of metaphysical sensory overload as a clone was to say the connection wasn't one way, but that the "fuller" life sent stronger signals.

So whats the cultural foundation for you being unable to entertain metaphysical concepts that aren't in line with your upbringing?

>but that the "fuller" life sent stronger signals.

So how did the kid up top manage to take back control? His other half was living it up and had the advantage right there.

or unconscious people put off less heat/energy than conscious people.

you mangled that post pretty hard. care to try again?

>So whats the cultural foundation for you being unable to entertain metaphysical concepts that aren't in line with your upbringing?

I assure you, and you will have to trust in the belief of man itself, that the concept of a warthog and or rhino DNA latent within our genetics as shown in the modern masterpiece of TMNT was not part of my upbringing. Maybe if it was, I could live as richly as you. Or to make it more clear because stuff clicking with you is apparently a very dedicated Sisyphean task, also a concept I wasn't raised on by the by, I brought up Telekinesis, God, and the Green Devil Shredder to point out that "What" it connected was not part of the plot, "HOW" it connected was demonstrated and consistent. If you'd like to know what it is, read the greenstuff.

If you're colorblind, I apologize but will not change anything, you seem happier this way.

I'm sorry? There's one kid who managed to take control over his doppleganger during the course of the movie.

So why don't you want to talk about hinduism?

you're talking about the scene where the kid gets his pyromaniac clone to walk backwards into fire?

All this talk of "noise" only further serves to illustrate how if a dopple who had never known anything *but* that noise and "lesser life" can resist it and find her way to the surface, even less kept Red from doing the same.

Yeah. Arguably he does it twice - once in the closet and again with the burning car.

except the clone didn't do that of her own volition. they showed the matchup between lack of parental supervision and exploration of both girls. Then the original was too freaked out to override the clone, putting the clone in control of the situation.

> brought up Telekinesis, God, and the Green Devil Shredder to point out that "What" it connected was not part of the plot, "HOW" it connected was demonstrated and consistent. If you'd like to know what it is, read the greenstuff.

I mean if you wanna talk about Hinduism, go ahead and talk away, but if it connected the soul, the chi Odinani specifically check it out or even just straight up connected the internal snake inside of us all as proclaimed by GI-Joe, doesn't really matter what its connecting, does it? The movie explained why.

I am having way too much fun with these similes,.

Not him, but I have no problem talking about Hinduism. What I *do* have a problem with is your retreating into it as a defense for bad writing.

so whats it like being sudra?

>No no no, let me bring up my bullshit concepts that aren't supported by anything while I complain about you having headcanons, stop pointing out the movie quotes this bullshit example will make it seem really smart.

probably something along the lines of how the burned face made him more receptive to his original's signals.

Thank god for google, had no idea what the fuck that word meant.

God, Jehova and Buddha says we're not supposed to worry about that stuff and they all seem on the up and up. I'll take their word for it.

Why wasn't the clone reciprocally just as freaked out? When did Red take an escalator down into the funhouse? On that note, why is there an entrance to a super-secret government mind control experiment in a funhouse under a boardwalk and why is it unguarded? Why is it even unlocked?

oh, you're a spic. that explains it.

>Odinani specifically check it out

I actually did.

>Chi is the personal spirit of a person ḿmúọ́, in Igbo culture it is this spirit which determines destiny.

Huh, that actually fits pretty well, gold star.

>why are abandoned tunnels abandoned??

I have legit never seen a single spic who liked the buddah. Not one. I have no idea why, he's bro-tier.

So they abandoned them and forgot to lock the doors? What the fuck was the plan if literally anyone not a child went down there, how was the Government going to explain that one? "Have no fear, everyone, it's mole people!"

If clones are still being made, it's not abandoned, is it?

>hide thread
I fucking hate American niggers

what were they supposed to do?

>"blacks only want to steal white intellectual property!!"
>black guy makes his own movies
>"WHY IS THERE NO HIDDEN POLITICAL AGENDA"

Attached: 1542694296763.jpg (499x674, 88K)

I like picture

Attached: CHILLIANSEABASS.jpg (151x148, 10K)

13%

No, it had to do with government control, like the daughter mentioning fluoride. The shadows were supposed to control the others like mirrors but it only sort of worked, like the son making his shadow commit sudoku

is the joke that the message wasn't hidden at all?

>Black Panther is the greatest movie of all time
>Negative reviews of the film being reported AS NEWS in the US.

I think that is the real reason to hate these types of movies. All hype, no substance. Like Fyre festival or the US in general.

Well logically they would seperate a small group of them and prevent them from dying. Not hard, they're in tunnels. You need a very large amount, and monitor them for up to one year, again not hard in the context of the movie since people will lock the doors. Then you just wait for someone's real-person to die. Did the Dopple Die even though there was no stimuli? No they did not, as shown in the movie. So, by extension, if the stronger connection can be severed and the dopple survive, then by that logic the dopple can be with no ill effects to the original.

Then you just clean up with a lot of fire and try not to let people know you fucking tried to mind control an entire nation because the ramifications of this getting out meant your government would see riots, treason trials and unrest like never before imagined in history

>>black guy makes his own movies
>>"WHY IS THERE NO HIDDEN POLITICAL AGENDA"

I would actually prefer that, and also it not be stupid. Can I have both? I mean this is really, really, really fucking stupid, and I think if he backed off his theme for a little bit he'd see that and rewrite the clones to something less braindead.

>durrrrrr only racist care about plot holes durrr durrrrrr
So this is the power of leftoids

Lock the doors, maybe? Kill them off if the experiment's a bust? You know, any of a variety of things that a black-bag government operation would do to cover their tracks. But, of course, those are only the sorts if things that happen in well-written stories. This is just lazy writing, and Peele knew there would be people like you lining up to defend it by attempting to couch it in metaphor for reasons that ultimately have nothing to do with the quality of the writing. This might come as a shock to you, but it really is possible to pen an allegorical tale that doesn't collapse under the weight of its own logical inconsistencies.

so in a secret facility under santa cruz, your solution to quietly clean it up is to have a ton of people going in and out, for years, and then set everything on fire.

>"blacks only want to steal white intellectual property!!"
>black guy makes his own movies
>his own movies

"Get Out" is equal parts "The Stepford Wives" and "The Skeleton Key." "Us" is Westworld, only far, far dumber.

seemed like the black-bag government operation opted to just turn the entrance to the tunnel system into a lame funhouse that, despite the fact no one ever went into it, was never repurposed or torn down.

As every time the government has tried to actually hide something or get people to not go to a place, people flock there. ala area 51

>your solution to quietly clean it up is to have a ton of people going in and out, for years,
Honestly you could just solve that with one wire, a CCTV monitor and a strudy lock.

> and then set everything on fire.
Yes. Or acid, or burying them in the Mohave desert, or literally anything except risk the greatest national, political, spiritual and economic crisis the world has ever known from getting out. Say a friggen gasline blew or something, not "Well golly gee I hope nobody goes in the unlocked door and reveals the greatest ethical horror that has ever befallen this world that would surely bring a revolution unseen since the French met the guillotine!"

>As every time the government has tried to actually hide something or get people to not go to a place, people flock there.

Every time? I uh, think you might want to hit the history books a bit. You would not believe the shit Trump declassified.

from what was shown in the movie, if someone had wandered into there, all they would've seen are a bunch of weird ass homeless people and/or a cult.

and this is california.

>man hinges his argument on the idea that no one ever tried to get into area 51

good job

>all they would've seen are a bunch of weird ass homeless people and/or a cult.

And themselves, according to the movie? Their dopple would've walked towards them.

He hinged it all the other times the government hid something successfully, which your dumbass is trying to avoid despite it being released in 2017 like we all forgot. Were you a writer on this script? I'm noticing a trend.

>"Us" is Westworld, only far, far dumber.

the show or the movie? Cause either way I can't really see that.

>and this is coming from a LARPER
ftfy

>And themselves
fun fact: people don't actually recognize themselves. If you were to see someone who looked identical to you in every way, you wouldn't recognize them as your clone, because the person you think of as "you" is actually the inverted reflection you see in the mirror. this is also why people never like pictures of themselves.

I always thought it was something like that. Actually I thought that the human connected brains were all being used as processing cores and memory to produce the matrix itself. So the matrix wasn't an external simulation being fed into the brains but was itself a mass-link of man and machine.

The operative word there is "try." It's an open secret that serves a dual purpose - both a place where secret tests of many kinds are conducted and a visible distraction from other facilities that continue to go unnoticed.

Under no sane circumstances would a facility like the one implied in "Us" ever just be abandoned. In actuality, it would have never existed to begin with, because you wouldn't build a massive underground facility for a massive population of clones before you were sure the concept you were testing actually worked.

>fun fact: people don't actually recognize themselves

Holy fucking shit, you actually think if someone who looked just like you suddenly appeared and walked towards you, mimicking your every movement, they wouldn't recognize themselves. That's the argument. I legit cannot believe you tried this using 'inverted mirror reflection' and still lacked the self awareness not to follow it up with, you know, people seeing pictures of themselves. Some guy would see himself and be like 'well he's not what I see in the mirror, and instead just what I see in EVERY PICTURE OF MYSELF, nothing off there! Those crazy cult people, mimicking my every move while wearing the face of my pictures!'

Did we actually find a ghostwriter for this movie?

It really is amazing how quickly people get triggered when they aren't spoonfed hackneyed moral messages and exposition

Westworld was more than one movie, even back in the day. It had sequels that continued to explore the concept of androids. One of them, "Futureworld" I think it was called, revolved around a government/elite conspiracy of replacing public figures with android doubles they could control. The show is stealthily approaching this plot as well.

It's about how Jews control America through their proxies: minorities and homos. Hands Across America was the last project of the WASP elite before being supplanted by the new elite which gave them licence to rule the entire country from jew york, L.A. and Washington. If you're American you're a subject of their social engineering project.

The doppelgangers and everything else is allegorical of the nuclear family, our subconscious, institutions, pop culture, spectacle (shock and awe), the end of the 20th century and the American landscape. Knowledge and power are the only things that matter and they're in the hands of Jews and blacks like Jordan Peele. All you have is your family which over generations will be blended into their urban project of mulatto consumers controlled by mass media.

The movie is really about the last few decades and how millennials treat Hollywood literally as gospel. The Obelisk was the cinema screen which everyone now carries in their pockets addicting them to corporate filtered one-note entertainment. The only hope is normies getting tired of popular culture soon and resenting Jews which is unlikely since Jews are the masters of deflection and have censored Jewish identity off Google searches. It only takes a few decades for the new normal to set in, with old people dead there will be no memory of when WASPs ruled America. One nation under God the media is God.

>aren't

Typo or are you in the wrong movie thread?

yea, and the idea anything could be more stupid than west/futureworld is what I'm having trouble seeing

You're scaring the absolute fuck out of me.

Well, there's "Us."

So you don't really have any means by which you can elaborate on that claim. Cool.

Nope. The fact that you'd expect there would be enough of both in this movie is only further testament to the extent people expect and rely on these things from their media. As soon as any one of these idiots has to ask "what it means", they are almost immediately driven to an inconsolable rage by the expectation that they should have a single original thought or interpretation, or in this case, just be able to piece very obvious pieces of a puzzle together.

This movie introduced me to "Hands Across America", which I had never heard of and seems like it's from an alien version of America.

or its just as simple as "i hate niggers so i hate this movie and its dumb."

>. The fact that you'd expect there would be enough of both in this movie

Alexa? Did the movie Us have a long ass exposition scene at the end explaining the clones and how they worked, and also why their situation was bad in a hackneyed moral message that doesn't fit?

She said yes. Man, am I glad this product placement slash sign of our overbalance on technology was featured so prominently! Alexa, play fuck the police! Aw, she called the cops.

>"Us" is Westworld
Fucking brainlet. Even Body Snatchers would've been a better comparison.

the wiki entry sanitizes it a bit, as it was pretty much a massive failure in every way. Like they couldn't actually form an unbroken chain because most people didn't want to drive farther than a few miles away from their comfortable homes to even pretend they gave a shit about the poor.

You just watched me elaborate on it. Westworld, both incarnations, plays with a concept that started small, with small-scale experiments that grew over time based off its successful implementation. That experiment first grew beyond its initial parameters, then ultimately beyond the control of its creators.

"Us" presents a scenario where the experiment was a failure at inception, yet they'd already built a massive, *massive* super-secret facility purpose-built to house it. There are no intimations of a "dopple uprising" that seized control of the facility. The guys who created it just tossed in their cards and walked away, not even assing themselved to lock the doors behind them.

In the parlance of the industry, this is known as "shit writing."

>Desperately struggling for a point that isn't there
Like I said, both are featured. And yet clearly, it's not enough for people to a) understand the plot or b) understand the subtext. Lmao. You're only undermining your own argument.

Are you retarded? The theme is obvious as hell. Hands Across America was an event dedicated to fundraising to fight poverty and homelessness in the United States. The doppelgängers literally rise up from the bottom to take what they believe to have been taken from them. Class warfare, classism, and economic marginalization are the most obvious themes in the movie and you'd have to be really not thinking at all to miss it. What do you think the "We're Americans" line meant?

Right? Its even worse when you challenge what a filmmaker said he was presenting in the context of the movie, as if we're just supposed to nod and happily agree with this interpretation instead of shaping it from the information given, people are freaking out at the mere idea that a filmmaker's vision may not have come through or he may have sabotaged it through incompetence and failure on their part because the moral should be quick, easy to digest, and thoughtless. No more need examining than the badness on the surface in the context of the world created, they want something quickly given, digested, and moved past.

Its a shame.

uh, dude, the idea is they just used an abandoned subway facility under santa cruz.

I don't know if you're for or against the movie. Like, people understand the plot, its not hard, it's just very badly made and hard to wrap your head around all the inconsistencies and gaps in logic needed just to accept this world as a functioning cog in a grander story, let alone the rest of the work. In truth I was just making fun of those very stupid things so very prominently featured and even praised by critics who are quick to chomp onto something easily broken down and regurgitated like momma birds to even dumber viewers, but now I'm not sure if we're on the same page here.

The creator has flat out stated that there is no secret message. Yes there are provocative imagery and themes, and shots with thought put into them, but not some 4d-chess hidden-narrative. This is usually the case, but at-least he has the balls to flat out say it.

You're the kind of retard that reads Aesop's fables and asks how the animals are talking.

Not if it was housing the number of people we're shown at the end. There are thousands upon thousands of people implied in the final shot. Think about that. Their experiment was a bust from pretty much the jump point, but they went ahead and built all that shit anyway. Clothed them, fed them, and housed them for literal decades, then just walked away.

>there is no secret message
because its all on the surface and completely overt

You're the kind of retard who reads-

Whoop, got unrealistic there for a second.

the movie opens with a bit about there being thousands of miles of abandoned tunnels under the US.

Nigger garbage fuck off!

Attached: 1558827816007.jpg (319x400, 35K)

>I'm a lazy hack who is perfectly happy to carry myself like some visionary auteur
>My initial success is laid bare in the lazy craftsmanship of my sophomore piece that steps all over its own metaphors
>"lol it wasn't *supposed* to mean anything!"

That's just his cop-out. I don't let Lindelof or Abrams get away with it, so why should Peele be an exception?

Which isn't inherently bad. A message being more obfuscated doesn't make finding it any more valuable. That's the sunk cost falacy. Once you get over the effort required to digest it, Joyce is just a whiny incel complaining that nobody understands his Genius... that's not an improvement.

Except he doesn't carry himself like a visionary auteur. Yes, there are annoying SJW's on the internet who put him on such a pedestal... and he's happy to take their money and troll them.

>Which actually, they can't
Ohhhh no no no look at this dude
Your definition of power is what? Electricity?
Absolute moron take

I'm not saying its bad, I'm just somewhat amused at how many people are trying to say what is right there on the surface isn't there at all.

How can you be so obtuse? Is it deliberate?

Yes, there are thousands of miles of tunnels, the vast majority of which have nothing lending them to the clothing and feeding of thousands upon thousands of people, yet we're to just accept this insurmountable logistical nightmare within the bounds of the story, that the nebulous "government" allowed a failed experiment of this magnitude to continue on that scale in spite of it never having once been successful, then just walked away without making a half-assed attempt to bury it.

There is absolutely a metaphor in that, but Peele insisting that there isn't only reveals his own appalling lack of imagination. He had something good, something clear and impactful, then unintentionally obfuscated it with his own ineptitude.

do you realize you can't read or is it one of those things where you can't tell?

saying there isn't a secret meaning isn't saying there is no meaning.

so your complaint is the movie wasn't a documentary

>what is right there on the surface isn't there at all.

Bigger issue seems to be if its there, its not supported, no? You can say whatever message you want, but if you hinge your movie on that instead of coherent plot or stability and fuck it up that just means you fucked up the whole thing now haven't you?

Or, said betterThe idea this simple moral the movie spouts and exposits about endlessly is not only faulty, but unsupported or outright contradicted by the work is hard to wrap your head around I guess?

this

literally chuckled

Attached: tfwDillion.png (781x605, 732K)

There's only been like five people in this thread and you keep quoting yourself as if anyone hasn't read your "WHY ANIMALS TALK???" nonsense.

Down to crying samefag again? Also, bottom right corner buddy, ticker went up on the second one you're quoting. I know, going on to numbers after words are hard, but still.

And you want to know why the animals talk? Because in the Fox and the Grapes, the world dictates the animals can talk. Its established at the front of the story and follows the consistency for the rest of the fable. The fox doesn't learn a dragon tongue to knock down the grapes, what the fox does fits the beginning of the story, the middle of the story, and the end of the story. What I'm saying is, this movie is objectively dumber than a short fable about grapes. I'd tell you to take a bite, but we've still got some work to do.

No, my complaint is he should't try to ground his story and make it about some secret attempt at governmental mind control, then just handwave the implications of that for the sake of metaphor. His metaphor implies that social programs are really just an attempt at control, and that the government keeps trying and keeps failing and the only answer is for the poor to rise up and just take what's (not)theirs through violence. And not only is it their due, there are no consequences for it. It's repulsive in its cynicism.

He's right. There's no hidden message to that. That still doesn't mean he didn't try to hide it or distract from by means of red herrings.

>dude its not me its some totally random new person who keeps referencing back to my posts

I realize that of the two of us, the one making assertions about the reading comprehension of the other is the one with demonstrably inferior grammar and vocabulary.

>then just handwave the implications of that
which implications were handwaved?

Still reaching?

>man who can barely read is whining about grammer

At least he's not crying about fables again for another, oh, twenty minutes or so? He goes in cycles.

Also I'm totally this poster and replying to myself, so you can disregard me.

oh shit now i'm the other guy where'd my shift key go

you realize half the reason this board is such a pile of shit is people with nothing to say, posting anyway

If I point out lack of self awareness are you going to call samefag again?

I really don't know why I keep replying to you. Its not like you're going to suddenly learn to read.

>Ohhhh no no no look at this dude

Attached: 1534734963743[1].jpg (2696x1372, 235K)

There are nineteen instances of the word 'read' in this thread. In the name of god, let me free! thesaurus.com/browse/read

what can i say, i get the feeling you're an imbecile, so i keep things simple

I'm better than you. I'm smarter than you. And best of all, I'm not choosing defense of some hackjob of cinematic incompetence as the hill I'm dying on.

I kept replying to you because goddamn was making the connections fun. You know how long I've waited to reference Out of the Shadows? Took years, man! But admittedly, I never really expected much. I kept posting long replies knowing full well there was something off when you would only reply with single lines, and often about something else entirely, like a freaking caste? Come on. When a guy goes on and on about how much someone is looking at his shoes, he's hiding something. When someone keeps screaming that everyone is thinking of stealing, he's trying to hide his shifty eyes, and when he keeps telling you to do something specifically and how much you shouldn't brag about a thing, well...

It's been fun, but now that you're pretty much down to the wick, maybe now's the time to learn to read, and maybe you won't be so down on yourself

People who feel the need to repeatedly state what they are, tend to not be

if the parents are clones why do they have children that look exactly like their doppelgangers children ? at what point do the children get clones ?

yikes

friend, your long desperate replies just smacked of pseudointellectualism, as you were writing them all out to justify why you didn't see the most overt (but somehow not hamfisted) messages in a pretty simple movie.

so no matter what book you try to reference, its undermined by the fact you failed to understand something as straight forward and simple as us.

the idea is they cloned people, thinking people were just meat, and found something metaphysical. The clones would get pregnant, have kids, and against countless odds those kids would be the same kids the originals had. They tried to exploit this, but in the standard manner of government half-asstitude, so that failed, so they abandoned it.

Did you even watch it? Lupito's character literally says the opposite. She was born "soulless" as a shadow but having the chance to grow up in a caring and empathetic part of society was able to thrive and live happily after escaping the underground proving that the "shadows" aren't inherently bad they're a product of being discarded by society. The movie is more about class warfare than anything.

Not that guy but you're really none of things if you have to say them to fucking strangers lmao cringy faggot

What is the point of making evil clones of black people? Aren't they evil already?

That the program continues without their continued investment of both resources and manpower.

>Who's feeding them all?
Rabbits lol!
>Where are their clothes coming from?
Doesn't matter lol!
>If they were abandoning their secret facilities, why wouldn't they make any attempt to at least seal them away?
No reason lol!
>Why didn't Red just leave like her dopple did?
Noise lol!
>Where did Red get thousands of red jumpsuits, leather gloves, and gold scissors?
Doesn't matter lol!

See, in a better written story, these questions either answer themselves or invite the audience to find their own answer. This really does neither. It insists that you just accept them for the sake of the tale. That's fine when you're dealing in less-grounded stories that aren't making attempts to present themselves as, at least provisionally, our own world. It's abysmal in a horror tale. Horror lives and breathes on its ability to get its audience to suspend their disbelief. "Realistic" horror relies on utterly grounded premises like a murderous slasher or an animal. Even when it's subtly employed, horror that relies on the supernatural always carries the implication that the events being depicted are intrinsically linked to a specific location, person, or thing. Even zombie movies follow these rules, as the specific "thing" in that case is the cause of the outbreak, even if that cause goes unrevealed.

Peele's story insists it's our normal, grounded reality, then sets about breaking the rules of such a setting in the laziest ways possible. You want a more workable premise that carries precisely the same metaphor? How's this:

How about an energy experiment that accidentally opens a portal to a mirror reality, but also accidentally decimates their world in the process? There's a "you" there, but he's been reduced to subsistence living while "we," the "aliens" in this scenario, continue to exploit them for resources and cheap labor.

You do realize its clear you just didn't like the movie because it had niggers, right? That all this stuff you're trying to come up with is entire ancillary.

Yet you're the guy who's spent the whole thread crowing your intellectual superiority and casting aspersions on the reading comprehension of others. Tell me some more about "grammer."

I'm sorry if I'm making you feel insecure by pointing out no amount of preening will make up for the fact you didn't understand a very basic movie.

I understood it all. If you notice, I'm not quibbling over message; I'm lambasting the shit execution of same for unnecessarily muddying its own waters. It's flawed at a conceptual level.

>Oh snap, he has found out the flaws in my retarded argument, better post some dumb zoomer picture to prove him wrong!

For the record, you're actually defending a movie that shows it always being a brown "hand" grasping the gold. Quality metaphor, that. Peele's message is that there's nothing wrong with that.

Attached: colorlines-screenshot-us-movie-poster-now-122018.jpg (500x328, 21K)

He clearly did nothing. You ever stop and think why his shit is being pushed so hard? He's being shilled. Just like people like billie eilish who also barely produces her own shit.

Half breeds get obsessed with racial issues all the time

From watching youtube analysis the hidden meaning is something about America and consumerism

What

fuck niggers and fuck jannies

Attached: 1555839351909.jpg (600x600, 118K)