Yea Forums thread discussing best movies of the past 10, 20, 30, etc years

>Yea Forums thread discussing best movies of the past 10, 20, 30, etc years
>All mainstream garbage movies, usually not a single foreign film
goddamn this board is so shit

Attached: fewef.jpg (306x306, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/brainlettttt/image/s642rTAmPM17N-pPnQv_LQ/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>says the frogposter

says the redditposter

Attached: 1558469088024.png (208x464, 50K)

What did you expect? Yea Forumsedditors cried and cried on /q/ to make Yea Forums more pleb approved

>Look at me iamsmrt

pepe posting is so integrated with this site that complaining about it is just a red flag you're dealing with a redditor

This clown world..amiright? Honk honk!

Attached: 1730811_72c45e97.jpg (640x465, 96K)

>foreign films
>not shit

Attached: confused nigger reaction face.jpg (800x522, 61K)

Dis you know teens eat tide pods? Honk honk!

then why don't you post about those films, user?
you took the time to make a thread and instead of making an interesting thread about a movie no one's seen, you bitch and complain

Attached: 3357647994_233c15d826.jpg (360x480, 84K)

Honk honk

Threads about actual good movies get made all the time but are buried instantly by the numerous disney, capeshit, GoT, and other shit threads

Most foreign films have pacing issues that keep it from untimate glory, for me at least. Last irrefutable mastperpiece I remember is Lives of Others, but admittedly I have some catching up to do

A Fish Story

>not a single foreign film
Those are all garbage.

The handmaiden and the favourite are two good movies I recently watched

>tfw every american film is foreign to me

bumparino

most non-English films are just as shitty as English-language films

And therefore it's garbage

This, Yea Forums is too quick (and the roody-poo mods won't make /film/)

>foreign film
They're unironically all terrible, pretentious or both.

Have you seen The Hunt?

Attached: look into my eyes.webm (1920x816, 2.99M)

>Wahhhhhh the hipster board isn't hipster enough for me!!!!
This board is all people with their heads up their own asses trying to find the most obscure movie to say is a classic. It's just like Yea Forums but for child raping jews instead of white guys pretending to be black

Maybe you are just retarded.

>it has no niggers fucking white women in it
THE AMERICAN IS NOT PLEASED

that's a very niche and unpopular movie you got there huh.
bet you feel very privileged for having seen it, and unirque as well.
faggot people talk about this movie all the time.
there's at least one recommendation or discussion about it daily.
what a fucking faggot. it's like talking about foreign movies and bringing up oldboy, amelie poulain or run lola run.
everyone knows these movies, everyone who likes movies on a deeper level knows about them.
you fucking faggot redditor.

The discordtranny is on fire I see.
Glad you acknowledged the film and foreign films as good.

Now go ahead and watch On the Silver Globe and cry some more

Attached: On.the.Silver.Globe.1988..BluRay.1080p.DD5.1.x264.mkv_snapshot_01.43.58_.jpg (1794x1080, 836K)

I have not. What "adult" themes does it explore and how will this reflection of humanity inspire deep introspection into my very existence and the relationships I maintain within?

i push this movie like it's a drug

Attached: bb.jpg (1105x1500, 202K)

Russian/Ukrainian movie named Viking (2016)

Attached: viking.jpg (1660x2362, 775K)

>What "adult" themes does it explore
False allegations, social witch hunting, the faultiness of human memories, the "innocence" of children and many more. A perfect film for encapsulating the current #MeToo age
>how will this reflection of humanity inspire deep introspection into my very existence and the relationships I maintain within
You won't talk shit about anyone without being absolutely sure about the information. Also kids can lie.

Attached: jagten_4.webm (1000x426, 2.98M)

taking suggestions, help a bro out

We've all seen your pseud Tarkovsky and Godard films. Problem is it's all boring trite that pretensions twats like you pretend to like to seem cool

You want to save Yea Forums? Completely shit up the alita threads and then report the mod/janitor to rapeape or hiro on twitter that cleans it up while leaving the rest ofthe board alonet

Check the threads about the best of 2010s and favourite films of 21st century which are on now. There are some good films in there.

o cheiro do ralo (brazilian)
cidade de deus (brazilian)
o homem que copiava (brazilian)

Or post quality content and engage in high level discussion of film and Yea Forums but thats none of my business.

European cinema was pretty meh between the 60s and 90s tbqh

Name (one) 1 movie you want to discuss

That doesnt work when "main" mod (who is now conveniently nowhere to be found after ruining the board) made sure picture related became the majority of this board

Attached: 1438876783582.jpg (752x1214, 183K)

>Bergman
>Fellini
>Tarkovsky
>Tarr
>Visconti
>Rivette
>Melville
>Angelopoulos
>Greenaway
>Bava
>Resnais
>Antonioni
>meh
I don't think so.

And you are correct to do so

>all those pretentious pseuds making elitist garbage and almost killing european cinema
like a film teacher of mine once said
>fucking hipsters

The Dark Knight Rises, the opening scene specifically

based braindead fortnite zoomer

Liking unpopular films doesn't make you an interesting person.

>Melville
>Bava
>elitist garbage
Back to capeshit.

In what world is someone like Tarkovsky "unpopular"? Is everything but current day capeshit flicks unpopular to you?

You do realize what he's listed is popular entry level shit right, game of thrones tourist

>hurr capeshit
perfect way to detect a pseud
come back when you have a degree in film like I do, kiddos

Imagine looking at art with such disdain
Are you this big of a faggot when you hear literature has symbolism too?

>Oh look at me I'm such an intellectual because I read subtitles from a foreign film made in some third world shit hole
>Oh look at me I'm such an intellectual with good tasted because I watch poorly made Eastern European cuck films

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

>all those films seen at a bunch of festivals and never again
>can only be made thanks to massive government subsidies
>popular
yeasurely those government bureaucrats giving out grant money know a lot about art and choose only the most sophisticated filmmakers out there lmfao
get out of your pseud bubble, maybe start by leaving your mom's basement.

Attached: oh_wait_youre_serious.jpg (479x361, 55K)

I love all these faggots equating foreign films with pretentiousness and art house
A foreign film doesn't inherently mean pretentiousness you brain dead capeshit faggots

Pretty nice baiting i have to say. Well done.

Best living director?

Attached: bongjoonho.jpg (780x746, 121K)

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/brainlettttt/image/s642rTAmPM17N-pPnQv_LQ/

*blocks your path*

Attached: Peter+Greenaway.jpg (800x557, 26K)

Thanks, also here's my european film degree, go ahead and reverse search it my plebeian friend.

Attached: film_degree.jpg (2720x3736, 1.38M)

Give us a list of movies then.

>he hasn't taken the honkpill yet
let Yea Forums go and enjoy it for what it is
it's not Yea Forums anymore, it's a mix of Yea Forums and /pol/ where posters from all boards gather and it's beautiful the way it is
you don't need Yea Forums to discuss movies anyway if you know where to look for them

here you go

Attached: best movies of the 2010s.jpg (981x1192, 460K)

>discordtranny baiter says he has a degree 12 times waiting for someone to say "oh yeah then le post it"
>no one gives a fuck
>he posts it anyway as "film_degree.jpg"
yawn

Clearly none of you faggots have seen this masterpiece on 4K Blu Ray

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 6.16.21 PM.png (552x369, 435K)

Name your top 10 european films, faggot. Also that degree is useless.

don't hate me 'cause you ain't me

Memories of Murder
My Sassy Girl
Bicycle Thieves
Perfect Blue
The Skin I Live In

5 foreign movies off the top of my head that aren't art house or pretentious

>Also that degree is useless.
Maybe, but it shows that I know what I'm talking about, unlike all you other plebs.

>Name your top 10 european films
not necessarily in order of better to worse
1. Das Testament des Dr. Mabuse (Fritz Lang)
2. A nous la liberté (René Clair)
3. Los Tramposos (Pedro Lazaga)
4. Es geschah am hellichten Tag (Ladislao Vajda)
5. Life of Brian (Terry Jones)
6. Die drei von der Tankstelle (Wilhelm Thiele)
7. Zwingli (Stefan Haupt)
8. Die Schweizermacher (Rolf Lyssy)
9. Ballermann 6 (Tom Gerhardt)
10. Topsy Turvy (Mike Leigh)

also honorable mention for Berlin Alexanderplatz and El Pícaro, which are tv productions.

this list has both movies I loved and hated, will watch the ones I haven't seen but will be sure to complain if I'm disappointed

>but it shows that I know what I'm talking about
If you genuinely went to film school, you would never utter such a dumb sentence.
Do you really think anyone who ever got a film degree "knows what he's talking about"?

As I've been saying, Yea Forums became a refuge for oldfags, mixed with a bunch of unironic leftists trying to change the culture of Yea Forums and failing.

>yet another hater who is jealous because I dared to pursue my passion and he became a wagie
stay seething

5 bucks on that you're currently working as an actual wagecuck

yeah it's pretty much just a theme Yea Forums now, there's no point in discussing anything that's not really popular
the sooner you stop fighting this and realize old Yea Forums is dead the easier it'll be for you, and you'll be able to appreciate the new shitpost-friendly Yea Forums which despite having no real discussion about movies is by far the most entertaining board on the site

Yeah you're totally oldfags and not shitskin tourists from facebook that joined the site this decade after you heard about le bane

Attached: 1549938964252.jpg (979x4299, 345K)

everyone who has a film degree is working as a wagecuck. But I'm a wagecuck with a film degree who is pursuing his passion. You're just a wagecuck with no expectations other than earthly riches.

Attached: pepe.jpg (600x600, 30K)

I'm not a wagecuck. Have fun flipping burgers though Pedro

UPVOTE HONK STYLE

Attached: 1549829522309.jpg (948x3552, 317K)

>Ballermann 6
Jesus fucking christ.

honestly I've been around before Bane, but can't really remember anything other than oval and some nice tripfriends

Times have changed. Back in the day if you could frame a shot you became a successful filmmaker, and those are the guys now going around be le auteurs getting praise at film festivals. Nowadays if one wants to be a filmmaker, other than going full commercial doing Hallmark films one has to wagecuck a bit while developing projects. But it's ok because I'm wagecucking at a local tv station which is fun work. I've made a few short films so far and gotten quite a few selections at film festivals.

tl;dr you talk about films. I make films.
And nothing gets Yea Forums pseuds more seething than someone who has actually made a film.

>And nothing gets Yea Forums pseuds more seething than someone who has actually made a film
joke's on you, those people have left long ago, there's only capeshit and spaceshit idiots here who probably don't even watch anything else

I just wait for the 1-2 AM eastern US time threads to have the best conversations about everything except movies or tv.

"foreign film" is such an American-centric way of describing movies that are not a part of the Hollywood-ZOG establishment

pic related
best WW2 film

Attached: p14478_v_v8_ab.jpg (960x1440, 244K)

>he can't appreciate Proletenkino
absolute pleb. Ballermann 6 is a masterpiece showing the tragedy of the lower working class in Germany, a social drama miles ahead of any of that bullshit italian neorealism which has absolutely zero subtlety. It hides behind a veneer of silly comedy, but it's actually talking about a misguided stratum of society that is blinded by basic, earthly desires and becomes the prey of the neoliberal capitalist machine.
This is a textbook case of horseshoe theory. The pleb likes Ballermann 6 for its coarse, silly humor. The pseud dislikes it for the same reason. The true kinoisseur (yours truly) can actually appreciate the intricacies below the surface of it. Film critics for instance are absolute pseuds, as would be expected, that's why they panned the film. I don't let myself get blinded by such ignorant opinions and form my own opinions from my own analysis. Unlike you, apparently.

I've gotten a lot of pseud hate so far, so not all have left apparently.

Shut up, pleb. You're the reason Yea Forums is the worst board.