Kino

kino

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=POdknqszMDY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Normies like this movie so I hate it. Will the hipsters at Yea Forums like me now?

Everyone likes this movie you retard

>Tfw the king accidentally chops off the tip of your spear during his inspirational speach and you can't back off without looking like a faggot

Contrarians claim it was a CGI fest and asspull some botched Viggo Mortensen quote about it

Reddit the trilogy

D E A T H
E
A
T
H

DEPTTTTTTT

Tolkien’s son or grandson said he hated them because they made his father’s work an action movie

DEHHH

Tolkien's grandson was initially wary but hit up Peter Jackson after he saw how Fellowship and Two Towers turned out and asked if he could come on set for some stuff.
He was a soldier extra during the battle of Osgiliath in RotK. Pic related.
Tolkien's son might have hated them, but his grandson seemed cool with it.

Attached: TlvOXJx.jpg (618x410, 35K)

Can someone explain why this scene is good if you're over 10? I ask as a big LotR fan

like igaf what they think

neat

Attached: 1510437252345.jpg (640x408, 44K)

That's his son Christopher who is based as fuck

>Tolkien's son might have hated them, but his grandson seemed cool with it
well yeah because his grandson was a zoomer so all he carried about were SHINY CGI

It's a "women and faggots will never understand scene"

>just got done rewatching LotR with the director + writers commentary
>about to rewatch with the actors commentary
>mfw only a life of neetdom allows me to be this comfy
his grandson is 50 years old.

Attached: 1554601639779.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Correct explanation

Attached: 220px-Toshiro_Mifune_1954_Scan10003_160913.jpg (220x296, 16K)

It represents the last effort of humanity to survive in the world. Gondor has lost most of their soldiers in Osgiliath. Theoden hoped to have 4-5x the men he ended up with but a bunch of his underling lords decided to tell him to fuck off because he was possessed and a total cunt for so long. We assume whatever help Dol Amroth and others sent is gone. Humanity is hanging by a thread and this is their last hurrah before the end. A desperate charge into the endless masses

not in 1999 he wasn't

This

youtube.com/watch?v=POdknqszMDY
>Arise, arise riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered, a sword day! a red day! Ere the sun rises!

In '99 he would've been 30, so he was more of a boomer than anything.
You were initially thinking of Christopher Tolkien, J.R.R's son. He was the one who really despised the movies.

Attached: ss+(2019-05-27+at+02.58.17).png (618x540, 37K)

ROTK is the least favourite of the 3. All are still decent

I understand where he's coming from, but it's not like the movies diminish the books in any way. The films keep the same themes intact, even if it was impossible for them to translate everything onto the screen, and they certainly got more people to read the books if nothing else

Brad Pitt Edition

Attached: king.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

The adaptation Chris wants is impossible to make. The adaptation that WAS made is the best possible one.

>mfw I have watched the live projection with orchestra for the FOTR in 2016, TTT in 2017 and ROTK in 2018.
Can't count how many times I've wept. It's too beautiful.

I've hear the OST on a daily basis for 10 years. Can't seem to grow tired of it.

Attached: 10739144.gif (245x245, 492K)

>Normies like this movie
maybe now, but back then everyone was like "oh the movie where two gay midgets walk for 3 hours with some ring?"

Just watched a marathon of all 3 extended cuts in a good cinema with a 40min to hour break between in each 3, I've thought fellowship was the best for years but fuck me ROTK is just fucking supreme kino
>charge of the rohirrim
>mount doom
>minas morgul
>siege of minas tirith
>grey havens

How many times a day do you listen to "In the End"

>hey certainly got more people to read the books if nothing else
This.

I was born in '89 and was still a kid when these movies came out. I was blown away, and immediately began reading the books. I'm not sure if i ever would have, had it not been for the film trilogy.

Attached: King Aragorn.jpg (1021x676, 152K)

No they weren't. These movies were smash hits.

>for frodo

Attached: 1555519897494.jpg (639x607, 82K)

What makes him based?

Attached: 1555928495582.jpg (750x959, 120K)

Apparently they barely even need spears. They killed most of the orcs by just knocking them over with their horses as they galloped straight forward. It's pretty ridiculous but whatever the scene is still great.

You can probably only get a maximum of one kill with a spear per charge, anyway. As soon as you puncture someone you kinda have to drop the thing. And the rohirrim definitely had a K:D ratio way above 1.

Movies would've been better without a lot of the humor.

Like, take the battle of Isengard. treebeard gives this heavy line about how attacking isengard is likely to be the death of them,
>The Ents are going to war.
>It is likely that we go to our doom.
then the seriousness of the situation is completely undercut by the "battle" being a fucking looneytunes event where the ents comically steamroll isengard as saruman looks on bewildered like he's in a fucking comedy.
there's a fair bit of inappropriate humor like this throughout the last two

Did they know if Saruman's army was gone when they said that? I always figured that they just got there and saw it was mostly just the factory workers there and realized that there was no way they were losing.
The way Saruman died was easily the funniest part in The Two Towers, regardless of if they intended for it to be. The way he just *thunk*s onto the wheel and it starts turning is great.

stfu

lol gimli is an eye, and aye means yes