Finally watched LoTR this weekend

I never got around to watching the three movies until this weekend. They were so amazing, and I regret not watching them sooner.

Here is in my opinion the best scene I've ever watched: youtu.be/BKIgv8AhffA

I can't even believe idiots are comparing GoT with LoTR. LoTR is way pass GoT in every single possible way. I already ready somewhere that George R.R. Martin had put LoTR down. It's insane. They are not equal in any way. GoT is shit compared.

Attached: 8-lotr.jpg (1095x1701, 726K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmDZI5fguUE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

have sex

have sex

>watching Frodo x Sam scenes

Get ready to watch them every single week now like the rest of us.

I don't think I've ever rewatched scenes as much as I have with LOTR. So many great scnes

Most movies are are shit. I rarely watch movies in general and when I do I'm pretty bored. This was great though. I wish there was more like it.

Yeah but what's that orc's tax policy? Game, set, match GOT.

Are the Hobbit movies as good btw Yea Forums? Or worth the watch at least or should I just skip them?

Did you watch the extended versions?

I don't think I did. I didn't even know there was extended versions.

>I already ready somewhere that George R.R. Martin had put LoTR down.
This is blown way out of proportion. He acknowledges his huge debt to Tolkien, and yes, his admiration too. That's not changed by the fact that he considers his work a revision and in conversation with Tolkien.

Definitely recommend watching them.

The hobbit movies are not even close to being as good, but I liked the first one a lot and the second one was unironically fun. 3rd one was hot garbage except for the very end.

>LOTRfags still triggered by the fat fuck making a simple objective remark

>I didn't even know there was extended versions.
I give you great joy of watching these films all over again. Here's a taster:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmDZI5fguUE

Hobbit movies are dogshit but they have some good moments. Also the scariest movie dragon of all time.

Any conversation between the writings of Tolkien and Martin would be for the benefit of educating us on the difference between the heights man's creative vision can reach and the depths of degeneracy. Tolkien is to creative literary genius what Martin is to hack pulp idiocy. They both so far surpass anyone else in their field that they will be remembered 1,000 years from now as a kind of yin and yang of fantasy, a Manichaean duality of speculative letters. For every sublime, luminous beauty that Tolkien has gifted the world, Martin has cursed us with a tedious, banal ugliness. It is unfair to compare the two directly on any one point, because Martin is in every way the anti-Tolkien, patently sterile, parasitical, and inferior, but so much so that he becomes a monument in his own right, and counterbalances Tolkien. Could one exist without the other? Tolkien obviously could. But it is only by the contrast that Martin offers that we can truly appreciate the full depths and heights of Tolkien. Our understanding of Tolkien would be incomplete if Martin had never set pen to page. It is through only the abject failure and futility of Martin that we can approach an apprehension of the true scope and scale of Tolkien's hitherto inconceivable greatness. Perhaps this is what Tolkien had in mind when he wrote about the Music of the Ainur. If Tolkien is a subcreator in the image of Eru, truly Martin is like unto Melkor. It is only reflected in the awfulness of the one that we can fully see the goodness of the other.
Maybe watch the first one, the other two aren't worth anything.

Attached: tolkien-vs-martin.png (700x281, 269K)

Naw I guess I did watch the extended versions because that was in the movie I watched. I watched them all online is why I didn't know. I think I'm going to purchase them desu. Really only DVDs I've ever wanted.

Thanks I'll give them a try then tonight and tomorrow.

All the behind the scenes and making of stuff definitely makes it worth the purchase but you can find them for free if you want.

Well usually I just download or stream whatever movie. Like I said almost all movies I've ever watched pretty much bore me. GoT was fun for a bit but it just got worse as well. LoTR is the first movie I've ever watched that I felt was amazing from start to finish (a few ?? but overall great). I think it deserves my money for the entertainment value alone.

I wish there was more movies like this.

Post less you useless cunts.

I haven't watched LoTR in ages.
When should I rewatch it bros?

Who was your favorite character Yea Forums?
Asking as a Faramirbro.

Attached: 587EF064-4758-4919-A4BA-DD7D6DCCEEEB.png (530x632, 403K)

None cares about zoomer opinions OP, just stfu.

Tolkien glorified Christian values- Martin, satan. GoT felt like souls residing in hell. Dogooders met the most heinous ends, whereas evildoers were temporarily rewarded.

it's called realism, brainlet

i like faramir but i think the theatrical versions are the far superior films
it's a shame that his plot was cut from them, it's really the only thing that should have stayed from extended

Theoden. I loved his story arc

Attached: rotk0641.jpg (240x101, 28K)

test

It's really hard to choose because almost all of the characters were great, and the actors did a fantastic job as well. I really liked Faramir but all of the Hobbits were my favorite. Especially Sam. Which surprised me because I thought they would be the annoying ones through-out the movie. The writer did an excellent job with them, making me care about all four of them. Farmir's scenes with his father and going off with honor was fantastic though. Then waking up slowly and seeing his father burning. Which was a great camera shot when you see him falling on fire out of the building. Just fantastic.

I think I kind of hated Eowyn though. That was a bit stupid a good amount of fighting scenes with her.

welcome friend

Glad you liked them! But now that you're one of us, you must bear our curse of knowing that nothing will ever compare to them ever again and the fantasy genre is essentially over.

Attached: wojak2.jpg (750x1000, 83K)

first one is unironically good

not perfect, not anywhere near as good as LotR, but still fine. Desolation has its moments for sure, but is kinda shit. Battle is just shit

>The writer did an excellent job with them
they unironically need to get more women to adapt fantasy series

Attached: LOTRwriters .jpg (1024x745, 427K)

>I think I kind of hated Eowyn though. That was a bit stupid a good amount of fighting scenes with her.
The scene with Grima was kino.

Attached: CE3FC1DC-6CD2-4BC3-8771-B947B51EF243.jpg (317x362, 37K)

I had the same experience, I'm reading the books now and its awesome. Just started Two Towers.

>No!

Is this a pasta?

Random, I decided to watch them all for the first time this weekend too. I'm shocked and how good they are, sam make the greatest bro of all time.

yes

>women writers
>they didn't shit up the movie with forced feminism and diversity crap
what is this, bizarro land?

bait