Will anthologies become the new big trend...

Will anthologies become the new big trend? Right now four big shows successfully follow the formula with different seasons - Fargo, True Detective, American Crime Story, while Black Mirror is doing the same with episodes. The Terror is also getting into it with its second season.

Attached: truedetective.jpg (600x595, 96K)

Too old to die young will be better than S3 too

>Will anthologies become the new big trend?
They're not new bruh

A trend I guess, but definately a -sub type one, not what I'd call influential, the only good season of TD is nearly six years old now

I know they're not new. But they were never as popular as they are today.

The Terror will be top of the heap if second season is kino

Anthologies can hire big name actors for a short term commitment and they can tell a single condensed story without the need of adding bullshit because there's going to be a continuing season

>a few big tv show anthologies
>a few 80s cult horror anthologies
Nah id say they're the same

Did they do it in seasons and not episodes?

Why are there so many dumbasses on this site?

Fargo is trash

True Detective Season 1 was a fluke and will never happen again.

American crime story is trash

Black mirror is ok but not great.

So the answer to your question is no.

The first American Crime was kino, rest is garbage though.

>no liking Fargo and ACS
What a faggot.

>Fargo is trash

>Black mirror is ok

Attached: trash.jpg (1240x786, 222K)

>True Detective
>successful
It's on the brink of getting axed. If anything Miniseries are the future, one season and done, which allows them to get big names that otherwise would be tied up with work, is a cheaper format and ensures quality doesn't go down the shitter. Too bad the kikes resist it teeth and nails cause it means they have to come up with new ideas.

>fargo
>trash
pick one faggot

>The Terror season 2

Not that I'm compiling, but doesn't that make zero sense to call it that?

Yeah, they just want to cash on the name, which is retarded because I don't think the show is that popular.

Clicked on this thread due to the image because I finished the first season just few minutes ago. The season really picked up at the end quality-wise.

Haven't anthologies been a thing for a long time in TV though? Most of the shows you just name dropped are not that new.

Attached: d9508eb1.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

Considering your youth, you don't know that in the 90s and early 2000s there weren't really any anthologies except for Tales of the Crypt.

kys faggot

Attached: mixed drink kys.jpg (500x422, 27K)

>Most of the shows you just name dropped are not that new
True Detective 2014
Fargo 2014
American Crime Story 2015

That's pretty new, kid.

Well they are not old shows but I think 4-5 year old shows are old enough to not be able to predict future trenda based on them.

i really don't like how this is catching on more and more, to me it just seems cheap and very lazy. the terror is probably the worst example of this. what they are doing with season 2 has absolutely nothing to do with season 1, why is it called the terror? that's the name of the book and the ship. what the fuck do japanese internment camps have to do with season 1? just make a new fucking mini series and call it something else

>what is marketing
Fucking retard holy shit. Terror S1 was great so the same people make Terror S2 and people currently have faith in it that it also going to be great. It's a gamble that will attract lots of viewers but can heavily backfire -> see true detective s2. Is everyone 12 yo old on this board.

>while Black Mirror is doing the same with episodes.
Yeah, it's called episodic television and they all used to do it before the serial meme attacked

imagine being so pathetic that you defend an absolutely terrible marketing ploy. what kind of idiot defends the decision to keep the name the terror when nothing in this season related to the ship? are you fucking stupid?

hey i have a cool idea. lets make this show called the sopranos, but after the first season we will drop all the characters and make new ones and turn season 2 into a story about japanese internment camps. genius

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE SHIP. ARE YOU AUTISTIC!? Nobody cares about the books. 99.99% of people who have seen the show on Amazon Prime don't give 2 fucks. So what? A ship named in the terror was named the terror of was the terror named after the ship? It doesn't fucking matter you mongloid. It's ridiculously expensive to market new shows and get new show names into people's head.
Seriously you have the IQ of a nigger. Have sex.

>Tales from the Crypt
>Twilight Zone
>Goosebumps

>the plots write themselves
>the shows direct themselves
>the cast gets casted by itself
Have you ever considered that the people behind shows make the shows and not your favorite actors? Yeah I'd watch a show about japanese camps written by David Chase. Why wouldn't I?

lmao this absolutely seething rage. the name of the ship that the show is named after doesn't matter. just wow.
>Yeah I'd watch a show about japanese camps written by David Chase
the entire point went completely over your head, you are unbelievably ignorant

>were never as popular as they are today
every new story every new episode was ALWAYS popular...you fucking retarded zoomer. in fact that was always the case. this whole "shows with continued plotline" has only been a fairly recent thing.

not him but you need to have sex lmao

i had sex and then in sex season 2 i wrote about japanese internment camps

What?

How are the new Fargo seasons? Post season 1?

s2 is good, s3 is awful

>tales of the crypt

:^\