Conan the barbarian

Holy fuck why did i wait 30 years to watch this masterpiece?
I think i will now listen to the epic soundtrack again and then tomorrow i will watch the sequel

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wLG3Huozz3A
youtube.com/watch?v=A4pcZyIPmVQ&list=PLnpIGDCblPQU3E9Be-M5GEIv9P7izxp_1&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=tbLEVEGQ0Ow
youtube.com/watch?v=W5K3AKl5qpc
youtube.com/watch?v=1s587_qG8eg
youtube.com/watch?v=XxSeeN03Xfg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tomorrow i will watch the sequel
Don't bother. It is nothing like the first.

Because you're silly.

Attached: arnie conan.webm (1280x544, 2.39M)

How so?

The sequel is a campy Dungeons & Dragons film. No great music, dialogue, battles, or message to it. No hero's journey. It's "here's Arnold in a fur diaper, look how strong he is. Isn't his comic relief companion so funny"? It lacks all of the soul from the first film.

Ironically, Kull the Conqueror is a better sequel to Conan the Barbarian than Conan the Destroyer turned out to be.

The intro music was good, but I agree with the rest
youtube.com/watch?v=wLG3Huozz3A

Because you were still in your father's nutsack when this movie was released.

The funniest thing is Mako's narration in CtD intro, he sounds bored as fuck.

made it family freindly due to the success of the first one. conan is made to be really heroic and altrustic. violence toned down. rubber suit monster wrestling. mako is there only because he's the narrator. editing is bad. too many characters that don't really do anything
on the other hand, 15 yr old olivia d'abo in a skimpy outfit and grace jones in an even skimpier one

So not even the music was great? Damn it was a masterpiece in the barbarian

it's the same, like copy pasted over from the first

>No great music
this track is good
youtube.com/watch?v=A4pcZyIPmVQ&list=PLnpIGDCblPQU3E9Be-M5GEIv9P7izxp_1&index=5

OP should watch it, it's a fun flick

That's a good reason to watch the sequel then

in addition, the bad feedback destroyer got caused conan 3 to be cancelled and his character rights taken away so arnold had to play an oc donut steel character in red sonja which itself was so bad it killed the low fantasy genre in film for like a decade

Imagine if the sequel to The Terminator was Genisys and not Judgement Day.

Instead of watching the sequel, read a few of Howards short stories. They are way more entertaining.

Kek, well put user. Conan was lightning in a bottle, peak Arnie in a role that didn't tax his acting abilities, Basil Poledouris score, based John Milius directing, incredible supporting cast. Fantasy and magic elements are low key so no shitty special effects to age badly. Add in a touch of philosophy and it's pure kino.

yo, imagine the sequel is Aliens to Conan's Alien, it is mad enjoyable don't let these honourable purists put you off it. It ain't Conan, but it's better than most cinema of the past ten years. CROM.

Jesus, no.

this. it's better than watching capeshit really

Red Sonja was good. Debate me

No use debating retards.

for me it's that sword

Watch this one. Similarly underappreciated masterpiece.

Attached: sauna.jpg (1000x1423, 422K)

good news is: you have discovered Basil Poledouris
youtube.com/watch?v=tbLEVEGQ0Ow

Watch Krull next

youtube.com/watch?v=W5K3AKl5qpc

If you liked the theatrical cut, hunt down the directors cut. More exposition by Conan and a better ending IMO.

Attached: 1543996611411.jpg (600x900, 221K)

It's a mediocre film. The only redeeming part of it is James Earl Jones acting and his character.

It was poor, but I have a soft spot for irredeemable female villains, so I give it a pass.

Conan the Destroyer is to Caddyshack II as Conan was to Caddyshack. Real fucking shame shame.

For once a movie that took advantage of Schwarzenegger's horrible Austrian accent.

>tfw loved this movie
>age of conan came out
>comfy times in the hyborian age
It was a better time, anons.

You're underselling, The cinematography around shooting in Almeria Spain is very nice and probably the reason the look of Barbarian film knock-offs were all the same and briefly popular after Conan.

Attached: 123412341234.jpg (1024x1024, 144K)

>For once
Red Heat user, you're forgetting Red Heat.

Howard Cinematic Universe W H E N

Phase 1:
>Bran Mak Morn, gritty super low historical fantasy
>Conan, pulpier, more fantastical in keeping with Howard's treatment of the supernatural element
>Introduce the Picts and Cimmerians.

Phase 2:
>Kull of Atlantis and the Serpent Men of Valusia, introducing the oldest faction, Atlanteans, and the serpent men elements, lots of intrigue in a very colourful antediluvian setting
>Conan encountering the alien element (Tower of the Elephant) and becoming King of Aquilonia

Phase 3:
>Bran Mak Morn and the Celts summoning Kull against the Romans, to establish a link between Atlanteans, their Cimmerian/Celtic descendants and the Picts who've been around longer than all of them and were once allied to the Atlanteans
>Solomon Kane, now bringing it into the early modern period, with the degenerated Picts/Serpent Men as villains and more eldritch stuff

You are out of your mind.
Sauna is complete and utter trash made by amateurs.

>why did i wait 30 years to watch this masterpiece?
Blame your parents.
My did showed it to me when I was a kid and it was fuckin awesome

>Autism: The Post

>King Conan never

Attached: BAB6BACA-CDE6-4110-BD60-4FC89294F007.jpg (461x523, 46K)

There's always one.

Attached: 1580.jpg (652x581, 112K)

Fantasy done right.

Gimme five years and you'll be shilling this shit all over Yea Forums

A lot of movies were shot in Spain for tax purposes. Spain also offered a lot for war films such as leftover WWII aircraft and weapons that could be used as props.

Yeah, and it just so happened that parts of Spain are fucking gorgeous so really, all that cheap billing ended up a massive boon.

When I was younger, all I ever wanted to watch was a Conan 1 quality Death Dealer movie. Now though, I understand how badly it could be fucked so I'm glad the concept is too obscure.

Based Basil Poldorius

30 years? I watched this with my dad and my bros when I was 8. Why are some peoples dads so lame that they don't even do their fatherly duty and watch prime arnold kino with their sons during that crucial 7-10 year old range? Really by age 10 you should've already seen all of arnold's prime movies if you're dad wasn't lame.

check The Wind and The Lion
youtube.com/watch?v=1s587_qG8eg

Now you need to watch Robocop

And Excalibur, if he hasn't already.

youtube.com/watch?v=XxSeeN03Xfg

this is literally the only decent part of excalibur fucking legion is better than that junk

You shut your whore mouth. The whole movie taps into the same sense of manhood and coming of age and reeks of mysticism just like Conan did.

My dad was more of a Thin Red Line guy

Fuck off, plebbit.

The original source material is better.