It's going to be all spectacle and no substance isn't it? Spending $1billion on epic battles and cgi creature fights

It's going to be all spectacle and no substance isn't it? Spending $1billion on epic battles and cgi creature fights.

Attached: orcs.png (816x600, 936K)

Other urls found in this thread:

redanianintelligence.wordpress.com/2019/05/23/first-look-at-nilfgaardian-armour-and-weapons-in-the-witcher/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Might finally shed some light on to Aragorns tax policy though.

We all know the story so why even bother?

I bet most of it will be billed under "misc expenses" and the armors and props Will look like dollar store power rangers with early 00s tier CGI

Are they actually going to bother using practical effects and actual costumes instead of using shit CGI like they did in the Hobbit.

They won't be doing epic battles and CGI creature fights. Remember, the Trolls in the films was high quality animation for the time but it looks dead now. It will not be wise to do it in a TV series. The vast majority of the shots in the films were actual armour, models, miniatures and matte painting. So, it'll be a 'character driven' story with a few mediocre at best choreographed fights.

>we all know the story of Sauron's rise to power in the Second Age
We're on Yea Forums, not Shireposting. Most people don't.

That would cost money, money that can be better used in Coke and hookers for the producers so what do you think, user?

It's probably going to cost that much on account of having to emigrate thousands of Somalians to America and then house and feed them so they can portray Gondorian extras.

Marvel formula, expect fantasyshit for the next 20 years

Wikipedia says the production budget for the entire LOTR trilogy was $281 million.

Amazon is planning 5 seasons of this show. They will have battles.

>implying we're going to see that
>implying it won't be a direct remake of Jackson's movies

Not even going to watch it, why taint the original movies that were already perfection?

You know theyre doing this to ruin LOTR in the first place, right?

Its literally money laundering.

Special effects will be subpar, cgi will be CW-tier garbage, and acting/writing will suffer to pander to whatever agenda is on the list.

Most of the money is going to greedy producers and faceless investors who only care about the bottom line. The last thing they give a shit about is the quality of the show, or the source material.

The series is going to be absolute garbage. It will probably make a lot of money, and maybe it will build its own GoT-type fanbase, but it will be trash.

Is this Bezos vanity project?

Attached: 49A6B887-6F9C-46A1-8A11-B7D47B06A3A9.jpg (2196x4072, 3.68M)

It's insane Amazon thinks this is a good idea. Include black elves and shit that like that which you know someone on the team is pushing for (and no one can tell them no because they'll get branded a racist) and you end up alienating your fanbase. Don't include those same black elves and assorted things and the woke crowd will tear it apart. Not to mention the point of these subverting expectations/deconstructive remakes is to "kill the past." The thing is though the original will still hold up and is almost impossible to adequately compete against. They should have made the series take place after the original trilogy so they could make their new series ruin the old one.

What part of the story they will cover?:

I don't really think the mythology will work as a narrative and I like LOTR because the mythology takes a back seat to the events of the films.

reports say second age. i guess theyre expanding on the FOTR prologue

Attached: elendil.jpg (640x360, 49K)

this is so fucking stupid

lotr is so fucking boring. and we're not even talking about THE TRILOGY. we're talking about some shit that happened million years ago before all the important events happened

who the fuck gives a shit...like jesus fucking christ. this is fucking embarissing.

Bezos saved The Expanse because he liked the show.

it will take place between the hobbit and lotr, but with characters we know only mentioned (because of rights), so it will be all original characters.

>ywn be a billionaire saving kino tv shows and funding based historical epics

why even live?

I won't believe for a split second that that's actually the budget they are going to sink in this shit. They are either lying just for the sake of advertisement or are doing some shady shit like money laundering.

kek at all the jews circling around licking their lips and rubbing their hands together thinking up all the jobs theyre gonna create out of thin air for them and their friends

amazon pays 0 taxes so we're the ones funding this shit

What is the point of this?

Literally everyone's vision of LOTR's is New Zeeland mixed with Alan Lee & Mark Howe's drawings. There is no real way to get around that. It's so completely integrated into the whole visual identity of the world.

Are they just gonna keep copying that exact style? If so, why even make it? It will just be the same thing again, only worse.
If they won't copy it, it's just gonna end up feeling off since everyone will just compare it to the movies and see how shit it is by comparison. Why not fucking remake The Hobbit instead? Those movies were crap and can easily be improved.

Oh wait, so it's a completely original story?
Not gonna lie, that was a damn good move on their part. Obviously it's gonna be shit since Amazon haven't made a single watchable show, but that was a good decision.

not like amazon doesn't make a billion every 5 minutes anyway.

No it isn’t. It takes place during the second age. They also can’t use events from the similarillion I believe so it is an original story.
But it will be shit.

>$1B
>20 episodes
>20-25 hours of LOTR, fully adapted
>each episode is $50M
>each episode is 5 times the cost of a Game of Thrones episode

How KINO would it be? Are you looking forward to the black elves?

where did you get the 20 episodes from? theyre saying it's 5 seasons

It's gonna be shit. Fucking capitalist hell world shitting out more shit we don't want

Why they pay no taxes

Could be dope if its Entire Movie Series in one season, or could do the times after The Hobbit in S1 then S2 then S3 could be a leadup to Silmarillion and then S4 S5 is the whole book.

How can it be original characters when Sauron is the lord and creator of the rings?

the hobbit was not crap. fite me.

>meanwhile, on Netflix

Attached: 1558732779559.jpg (960x582, 102K)

S8 of Game of Thrones cost $400 million, so why would 1 billion for a show that's presumably already mapped out for several seasons be less then a billion?

stop posting these retarded headlines. its 1 billion of the course of the entire fucking show. GoT cost like $700m for the entire series

>when you machine wash your dry-clean only armour

I read the books in middle school. Why should I watch this show and not just reread the books?

Attached: little_witch_academia_002_akko.jpg (229x238, 37K)

Ok I am a dum dum. It's an original story.

The rights include appendices

If you wanted more niggers in it.

This is doomed isn't it?

Attached: question.jpg (368x486, 24K)

>Amazon has revealed that the series will be set during the 3,441-year period before the events of The Fellowship of the Ring. In the JRR Tolkien timeline, this is known as the Age of Númenor, or the Second Age.

They could have made a comfy and cheaper show by chronicling the journey of the blue wizards.

That would also mean they could stuff as much diversity and feminism in as they like.

it was doomed the moment they announced it. it's going to be expensively made fan fiction set in middle earth. everyone is going to compare this show to the movies, and we all know its never going to compare to the movies. they fucked themselves with this, whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be fired.

The hobbit actually uses a lot less CGI than people tend to assume. The problem is that the CGI they use dtands out really badly.
For example in the Hobbit 1, the bodies of the Goblins are actually suits. They're people in a suit from below the head but the heads are CG'd(except the king obviously). In fact, early on the heads of the Goblins were actually animatronic and not CG but they changed their mind for some reason.

In other words, niggers, mexicans and jews galore.

Great, so I’m guessing Numenor is going to fall due to toxic masculinity and nobody listening to the wise female OC characters.

Also there will be a strange conundrum where there will be black numenorians as well as Black Numenorians, but the latter will not consist of the former as that would be racist.

they will revert back to dishonest psychological storytelling instead of sociological storytelling

are jews involved?

Amazon is a mixed bag. Bosch i.e. was a great adaptation.

>Actually,
What went wrong with modern "journalism"?

i guarantee numenoreans are going to have black slaves.

Amazon Inc. is a parasite on this world. Anyway, the show will be worthless compared to the films.

How are they going to make orcs look like white males and unlike the niggers they were.
>albino orc from th hobbit
Wait a second. Now i get it.

how can one man be this based

Attached: 1527972028172.png (1200x675, 666K)

Hips too small, will probably miscarry
0/10

Newest info says it's a prequel to Fellowship.

>his white skin is somehing made up for the hobbit
why this doesn't surprise me?

Not the story the Amazon series will be about.

That was a debunked rumor, it's gonna be in the second age. Still pure fanfiction though, they don't have the rights to any of the existing stories.

The shit that happened before the War of the Ring is way crazier shit though

and no sick degeneracy.

>articles about $1billion budget
>implying it's not a part of marketing campaign

Half the funding goes to the nog playing the Black Numenorian so the can brag about having the highest payed non-white actor in history.

Somebody played Skyrim a bit too much.

Attached: 12.jpg (1920x812, 1.16M)

>S8 of GoT cost $400M

Where did you get that from? That's 6 times what it costs.

Tom Bombadil

They're gonna explain why middle earth was more ethnically diverse than you think™

Spielberg's Terra Nova looked like he walked away with millions per episode, with very little going to production. It is quite possible that people are just making their fortunes on this.

Maybe they'll actually hire writers for once.

When will this get the second part it deserves?

Attached: movieset-poster.jpg (342x517, 48K)

>Marvel formula
You mean trying to become the next GoT.

is this fucking real

I didn’t know people were forcing you at gun point to watch it.

>The government not taking away their property means they are stealing from us
Kys commie niggerfaggot

Frazzeta is dead

Lotr is probably the lullest point in middle earth history as far as major events go. Literally everything tolkien wrote was more interesting than lotr itself

>Imagine being this pleb
Lotr is baby tier compared to what happened before it.

Attached: 1558892404450.gif (300x258, 3.32M)

LotR is going to be boring shit after the masterpiece that was Game of Thrones. Shit's gonna flop hard

>actually

I fucking hate these creatures. People don't talk like that. Surprised the fucking chimp didn't add and that's a good thing.

>Remember, the Trolls in the films was high quality animation for the time but it looks dead now. It will not be wise to do it in a TV series.
uh huh, sure
it's not like almost two decades have passed

Attached: 1467660621506.webm (1280x720, 2.68M)

What kind of mutt name is 'Barsanti'?

Fake numbers. Bezos was just hiding his cash in projects before the divorce.

>when you drop 1 billion dollars to look like a Gwar music video from the 1990s

This. It's deliberate iconoclasm. It's going to be filled with lesbians and minorites. It's about taking something that white people love and tainting. The show will be pozzed to shit.

Yes yes, go back to /pol/, have sex and all that. I know. I'm right though.

that just makes your question all the stronger

this is completely okay to for me

Attached: satisfied homer.jpg (225x225, 7K)

the first two had a lot of practical effects and sets, but it was all ruined by the awful digital post-processing. and the third one is literally 98% cgi.

Attached: bb3b54a2aa335bd772b1cdcbba2a0269.gif (250x141, 1.36M)

redanianintelligence.wordpress.com/2019/05/23/first-look-at-nilfgaardian-armour-and-weapons-in-the-witcher/