CAHF AH NAFL MGLW'NAFH HH' AHOR SYHA'H AH'LEGETH...

CAHF AH NAFL MGLW'NAFH HH' AHOR SYHA'H AH'LEGETH, NG LLLL OR'AZATH SYHA'HNAHH N'GHFTEPHAI N'GHA AHORNAH AH'MGLW'NAFH CAHF AH NAFL MGLW'NAFH HH' AHOR SYHA'H AH'LEGETH, NG LLLL OR'AZATH SYHA'HNAHH N'GHFTEPHAI N'GHA AHORNAH AH'MGLW'NAFH CAHF AH NAFL MGLW'NAFH HH' AHOR SYHA'H AH'LEGETH, NG LLLL OR'AZATH SYHA'HNAHH N'GHFTEPHAI N'GHA AHORNAH AH'MGLW'NAFH CAHF AH NAFL MGLW'NAFH HH' AHOR SYHA'H AH'LEGETH!

Attached: DFQc9JF[1].png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

checked my cthdude

Based and adsfnhadiosf[oasdfbasdofn

MGEP SEX

Attached: 1509202024233.jpg (800x566, 176K)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH HELP ME TOM CRUISE

>sees an octopus once
>goes insane

why was lovecraft such a pussy

because they are scary

The most lovecraftian kino ever is actually Grandmas Boy

based FTAGHNCTHULUR'LYEHposter

The most lovecraftian cinema is
this dick
fucking yo momma bitchboi OOOOOO

HUMAN BEINGS GO MAD FROM SEEING THE UNKNOWABLE

ALSO THE UNKNOWABLE IS JUST MUTANT SEA CREATURES

>*ear shattering fart noise*

How come there are no Lovecraft movies?
I mean, sure they are a ton of movies and shows that outright rip off elements of Lovecraft, but nothing actually official.

Attached: Confused teacher.png (872x632, 162K)

im in need of a good sci-fi game with humans encountering an intelligence that is beyond their comprehension ,any suggestions are welcome

Attached: observation-saturn.jpg (708x398, 10K)

fuck you
you is the niggest
The whole premise of Lovecraft is human arrogance broken in the presence of things our minds can't comprehend
>muh squids
yeah, sure, but get some learning comprehension. it's not about THE ONE THAT SLUMBERS BENEATH, PRAISE BE UNTO HIM, it's about the implication of it's existence and what it means for some hairless monkeys building cities and paying taxes.
nigger.

Why is cthulu so chubby?

Based CAHF AH NAFL MGLW'NAFH HH' AHOR SYHA'H AH'LEGETH, NG LLLL OR'AZATH SYHA'HNAHH N'GHFTEPHAI N'GHA AHORNAH AH'MGLW'NAFH CAHF AH NAFL MGLW'NAFH HH' AHOR SYHA'H AH'LEGETH, NG LLLL OR'AZATH SYHA'HNAHH N'GHFTEPHAI N'GHA AHORNAH AH'MGLW'NAFH CAHF AH NAFL MGLW'NAFH HH' AHOR SYHA'H AH'LEGETH, NG LLLL OR'AZATH SYHA'HNAHH N'GHFTEPHAI N'GHA AHORNAH AH'MGLW'NAFH CAHF AH NAFL MGLW'NAFH HH' AHOR SYHA'H AH'LEGETH! poster

fuck me i tougth i was on Yea Forums nvm i guess

>del toro

>Dagon
dumb worst-persona poster

>holy shit higher powers
We've known about a higher power for thousands of years and we've had wars over Him. This topic is not super deep or interesting dumbass.

What if Cthulhu wasn’t just a story?

Eldritch abominations are cute girls these days user. Don't be uncool.

Attached: c49d9308028888ddf199df9fc87eac19.jpg (850x1161, 335K)

wot if ya mum ran on batteries

Attached: c0be7f89bd29886cbc763b17d896.1000.jpg (1000x563, 73K)

It's a fresh take on imcomprehensible powers, since GOD, the voice in burning bush, one that cannot be looked upon was reduce to le mememan with a beard that watches you masturbate

Based

Never did an actual adaptation

I mean actually movies, not your home movies that you managed to put on Crackle, something with an actual budget and real actors.

>Created an entire new Class based on Lovecraft
>Create new characters possessed by his Elder Gods
>Don't include the actual dude who created the whole thing
Fuck FGO.

Attached: 1558862070523.jpg (800x1280, 242K)

Remind me, what rhymes with semi-human figure?

bless you

Pop culture did that not religion

What was the deal with his cat though?

mass effect 1. ignore the rest of the series

He was a nigger

Mass Effect

cthulhu and lovecraft mythos is just shorthand for nerd culture these days, it is severely overrated now

My feisty is eldritch abominations pretending to be cute girls.

>I mean actually movies, not your home movies that you managed to put on Crackle, something with an actual budget and real actors.
nice goalpost faggot

rude
cats are based
hmmmm

Attached: pw_1.jpg (530x382, 35K)

>SYHA'H SEX

based

It seems like lovecraft's work would be easy to adapt but why hasn't anyone done it recently? Capeshit or because it'd be too expensive for a horror movie?

That shit is like 100 years old though, and its not like there have been several adaptations like with Tolkien's works.

same reason Matrix went from computing power to human batteries
audiences are too stupid

>cute eldritch girls
>not Posting the superior one

Attached: images (4).jpg (189x267, 13K)

loser

Can someone post the pasta

The dude is not very woke friendly...my guess is nobody wants to deal with the headaches.

prometheus

What people always miss is that a great many of Lovecraft’s protagonists actually succeeded in opposing whatever their opponent was.
The horror comes from fighting a losing battle, and knowing that even these world ending threats are unbearably insignificant.
It’s perfect existential horror and is exactly what I read on Yea Forums everyday.
YOU WILL FAIL
YOUR FRIENDS WILL ABANDON YOU

I'm more surprised the dude hasn't been in more anime, since he is all about the tentacles.

Attached: 4ef3779a05aa9ef73fdc0aacbc58d734[1].jpg (600x1081, 127K)

you mean The poem?
>When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
>The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
>Yet were they too remote from humankind.
>To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
>Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
>A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
>Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

more like
REALITY WILL FAIL
YOUR REASON EILL ABANDON YOU
but pretty based, user, you get it.

>It seems like lovecraft's work would be easy to adapt
It would be damn near impossible to adapt in a visual medium, actually. The whole tentacle-faced cthulu is a pretty dishonest representation. The whole idea behind cthulu was that his figure is literally incomprehensible and that's what caused the mind to break upon seeing him. But there are several brainlets in this thread who never actually read Lovecraft and just think "dude lol octopus face isn't scary"

Isn't the next Aquaman film pretty much going to be about fighting Cthulhu?

>wot if ya were chasing Yag Sbarrow

Attached: Davy_Jones.jpg (500x375, 48K)

>why was lovecraft such a pussy
almost there. The octopussy symbolized the ultimate hairy roastie.

Some of them really are just fucking grotesque

Attached: he he he.jpg (492x501, 39K)

Because lovecrafts stories are garbage. The fact he's so popular with soiboi redditors should be a big red flag but I often forget that most of you are redditors as well.

Eldritch abominations have been cute girls for awhile now

Attached: Angel-Season-5-angel-23715556-1707-2560[1].jpg (1707x2560, 1.1M)

>he's so popular with soiboi redditors
Nah, that'd be your favourite Marvel movies

There are more than a handful of anime that contain Lovecraft, user. A good portion of it just happens to be >oh no my dimension transcending eldritch abomination of untold malady and malice is actually a cute girl who wants my dick

the ridiculous amount of cthulhu themed merchandise out there would like to have a word with you

The Temple would be really easy to do as a movie, and wouldn't lose much in the translation

it's not fair bros....

Attached: Bloodborne_Unreal-Engine-4[1].jpg (1600x900, 546K)

Yeah, it’s a Cthun quote. Not quite fitting, but some of the closest I’ve seen in vidya. And I really like the delivery.

There are plenty of his stories that would work in movie form, people forget that the dude was just a pulp writer, wrote plenty of short stories that are pretty much to the point and quick reads, pretty much like comic books.

>MADNESS WILL CONSUME YOU
based

Sequel when?
Also, why does Japan keep thinking that he was a Bong?

He was a virulent racist and his virulent racism is a core part of most of his works. We’ll get plenty of “lovecraftian” movies, but I can’t imagine Hollywood doing a direct adaptation.

>The fact he's so popular with soiboi redditors
But he's not. Cthulu imagery and memes might be, but as this user points out the squid head cthulu isn't actually a concept from Lovecraft himself and is mostly propagated by retards who have never read his work. Which I am assuming you are one of, and are basing your distaste for his stories on your perception of his popularity among people you don't like.

Attached: 1529449593762.png (500x533, 66K)

So where does this "Lovecraft isn't filmable" meme come from?

Shit taste

from the fact that we had 0 (zero) watchable movies about his works.

Humans have been imagining higher powers since we first gained sentience and we already know about super massive black holes which make Earth look atom sized in comparison yet here we are all functioning and sane all the same. Madness From Knowledge is a retarded literary theme, a product of thinking from the same type of faggots who think they're too smart for school because they moved past Young Adult literature at 13 and have a slightly above average IQ.

Lovecraft was a space alien obsessed edgelord autist who had just enough self awareness to be embarrassed about writing stories dealing with extraterrestrial capeshit so he forced in some ridiculous nihilist themes about powerlessness in the face of the dark cold universe. His writing is shit his themes are shit his stories are shit and his fans are shit. The only reason he has any recognition at all is because better storytellers stole some ideas from him because they're royalty free and turned them into something better like In The Mouth Of Madness.

The short stories wouldn't be long enough to stretch into movie form. Maybe a TV miniseries would work, but I imagine studios are only interested in adapting his most famous material.
>the author who was terrified of genetic impurity and included that concept in several of his most famous stories is popular with redditors
Give it a rest, fag

dude like... there's this place that's real creepy and icky and cyclopean and um penguins live there. These penguins are sooooooo like scary, so scary I um... well you have to trust me on this one. NIGGERS

Do you actually need to show them though? Could it not just be more about the madness caused by it?

The physics bending aspect of it. Cthulu is incomprehendable, he's not Davy Jones from PotC, your mind falls apart just trying to comprehend how he looks.

In The Call of Cthulu people fall into a crack in the ground that is an acute angle shape but physically acts like an obtuse angle. Kinda of hard to portray that.

Sorry, didn't finish my reply. It's very difficult to translate some of his work onto the big screen because they rely on imagery so horrific and unnatural that it can drive people insane with a glance. Even the best special effects wouldn't be able to accomplish that, and it would most likely look comical if the characters overreacted to something that the viewer can stare at without issue

Junji Ito did a pretty job in this area

Uzumaki, Hellstar Remina, Hanging Ballons, Lovesick Dead, Long Dream

everything with this post is wrong.
christ, grow up, sell your katana and apologise to your mother, edgelord

>Junji Ito did a pretty job in this area

No. DUDE GROTESQUE LMAO is not Lovecraft

>Lovecraftian horror is impossible to do well

Attached: Eternal_Darkness_box[1].jpg (267x374, 20K)

But a Lovecraft adaptation doesn't have to be Call of Cthulhu, he wrote a lot of different stories and a few of them could make pretty good movies. The Temple is the one that came to mind first, but the Colour Out of Space could work too.

great game

>colour out of space
literally Darkest Dungeon expansion
speaking of,

Will it be good?

Attached: jordan-peele-lovecraft-country[1].jpg (630x383, 203K)

>Super Racist dude whose ideals reflect in his writing
>Le Reddit guy
The fuck are you people talking about?

Attached: wat.png (975x632, 674K)

I suppose so. It'd still be hard to make the viewer feel that madness and existential dread if they don't know what the characters are supposed to have seen. You'd need a narrator
Yeah, there are quite a few of his stories that can and have worked as adaptions. When you talk about movies, though, most people's minds go to stuff like Cthulu

You're talking about a Hollywood movie, no one in the general audience wants a ticket to "Lovecraft movie" if it's not going to sate their surface level Lovecraft knowledge. They don't want the Temple or The Outsider

A barrage of tomahawk missiles could end him.

Attached: 1freedom.jpg (576x324, 54K)

Has nothing to do with HP Lovecraft though, although this motherfucker will try to do his usual bullshit eventually.

In theory? Absolutely. In modern Hollywood? I doubt it. It's tough to sell a movie where you never see even a glimpse of the source of madness, because it's impossible to portray visually. I'm sure it could be done by some talented filmmakers, but unfortunately I'm not one of them so I am not sure how they'd go about it.

I'd love to see it though. The horror would be completely derived from the atmosphere and the effects on the characters, which could be pretty neat.

I think they could easily do a series based on his stuff, a lot of his stories takes place in the same area of New England, it could be pretty much like Stranger Things.

This is my favorite game of all time. I’ll never forget almost having a panic attack during one of the fake DELETING SAVED GAME insanity effects

Annihilation did a pretty decent job at it.

I bet Medusa’s Coil would make a great film.

>game goes meta
sounds prettty fucking rad mate
what is it based on?

I've been meaning to check that out for a while. I should get to it.

AHHHHHHH A NIGGER AIR CONDITIONER AHHHHHHGGGGGGHGHH IM GOING CUHRAYZEEEE!!!!!!!!

Its world is based on the Cthulhu mythos and inspired by Lovecraft, but it’s a wholly original work.

your reddit is showing

why did they have to commit so much resources to the shitty chalice dungeons. the game is so damn short.

I'm too tired to explain to you how to grow a brain, you obviously understand the theme but you have some kind of vendetta against Niggerman's owner, frankly I don't care, everyone can say something is shit without specifying why.
have sex.

I have a Lovecraft book sitting next to my bed that I haven't gotten around to reading. Which story should I read first?

Dagon, its Lovecraft 101
or Whisperer in the Dark
Rats in the Walls are also breddy gud
after all that, read At the Mountains of Madness

>*BRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPP*
>fade to dark
>THIS SUMMER...

lmao this nigga eating dreams

Attached: 1467217977470.png (657x527, 62K)