Why do people (mostly right wing retards) think it’s valid to say he’s not a scientist or doesn’t know science...

Why do people (mostly right wing retards) think it’s valid to say he’s not a scientist or doesn’t know science because he has a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering? Do they not know what mechanical engineering is?

Attached: A5D438C1-F9A0-4D00-9904-7B03943FD9AE.jpg (1720x1290, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/2019/01/13/health/james-watson-honors-stripped-intl/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Do they not know what mechanical engineering is?
Engineering.

He's a pop-scientist, not a scientist.

Why do left wing retards not believe in basic things like human biology, race, and they heritability of iq? Idk OP some people are just retards.

he's outspoken about things that he has no formal training in like climate change or the gender spectrum. Its like when NDT sounds off about scientific subjects other than astronomy.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-21 20-57-54.png (558x83, 13K)

>and they heritability of IQ

nice

>bachelor’s degree
literally not a scientist of anything

Why do right wing retards use the word tr*nny?? It's offensive. Have sex you fucking incel asshats...

I have a bachelor's degree, am I a scientist too?

Scientist usually implies at least a phD.

>he made a typo hahaha got em
Fuming shitskin defected.

Depends what your degree is in

When did right winger’s suddenly become obsessed with credentials? I thought colleges were left wing indoctrination camps?

Remember his netflix show lol.

No one hires a non phd/ masters as a scientist.

According to who?

>No PhD
OH NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHA

>He's a pop-scientist, not a scientist.
Please explain what your definition of "a scientist" is.

Dude everyone and their mother has a bachelor's, most of my buddies have better credentials than him. He's literally a mouthpiece and is clearly a retard when speaking with his own voice

Dont waste my time.

We had this thread yesterday, they define it intentionally so that anything Nye does won’t count as science.

They also define it in a way that mechanical engineers who conduct research within a company aren’t conducting scientific experiments. It’s sad to watch people get so mindfucked by some TV personality this hard.

Isnt it weird how IQ is a genetic thing and yet people have succesfully trained themselves for IQ tests and got noticeably better scores in a few months? Really makes you wonder.

Source on someone taking multiple different IQ tests and scoring higher? On the off chance that there is an actual source it's almost like effort plays a roll in IQ tests. Really makes you wonder.

>what you’re saying isn’t real
>but if it is then I’ll just preemptively attribute it to NIGGERS being retarded

Someone who performs scientific research and publishes said research in peer-reviewed journals.

So Aristotle wasn’t a scientist?

How is asking for a source saying something isn't real? I don't think it's real, which is why I said 'On the off chance', but adding that also makes it pretty clear that I could be wrong about my assumption. Sneed.

He was and is a tv show host. A washed up one at that.

>comparing the standards from over 2000 years ago to what they are now
Come on user, its a different time.

What does that have to do with right wingers saying mechanical engineers aren’t or can’t be scientists? Why not just say he’s not a scientist because he’s a television show host?

He has aids shut the fuck up OP you reddit fag

Sure, you could extend the term to him and his ilk as they predate modern scientific establishment. Scientifist is today a more specific thing.

Beakman > Bill Nye

Do you have a bachelor's degree? It isn't difficult and requires very little.
I take it you don't, lol. Maybe because so many "right-wingers" have them and know it doesn't mean fuck all.

>thinking that peer-reviewed journals are somehow free from bias and scientific errors
user, I...

Science is a methodology for discovering the truth, it’s got nothing to do with your faggot ass “journals” or “peer review” (which fails in many cases). Replication is what makes science work, not “peer review”. Fucking retarded mongoloid.

Only s third of the population has a Bachelor’s degree, and receiving more education is associated with being more liberal. Further still, getting post grad education is even more associated with being liberal, so maybe you’re right, right wingers are worthless in society and not fit to conduct science.

Attached: 1661913C-9D29-4570-A2D7-CF8D2FAB706E.png (469x368, 12K)

Show me five posts saying this.

Attached: 8748C835-539D-4321-84AC-F0A40AE0F44D.png (500x407, 94K)

Dolph Lundgren is technically more of a scientist.

>He thinks a sample of 6000 people who could be fucked to talk about their political opinion is representative of the population.
Yikes

First of all
>Self reporting
Second of all
edition.cnn.com/2019/01/13/health/james-watson-honors-stripped-intl/index.html

>they heritability of iq

You're a funny, funny man.

It’s not “self reported” you fucking retard

Why am I not surprised conservatives don’t know statistics? Maybe you should’ve went to college to do some of that there book learnin?

Scientists and engineers are two different things. Scientists discover how nature works, engineers utilize that information for practical use. Best to make sure you have your facts straight before calling people retards.

Because he's not a scientist. Next question?

These are not “facts”, these are Wikipedia definitions that don’t necessarily describe reality. Engineers conduct experiments and research all the time within companies.

>It's not self reported
Cuh ringe. I can't believe you don't extend self reporting to "10 extremely obvious red flag questions" guess that's because you don't know anything about statistics or methodology, unsurprising.

Bill Nye is not a scientist and had a mechanical engineering degree, therefore all people with mechanical engineering degrees are not scientists.

Is this the pinnacle of right wing thought? LMAOOOOO

1. It is self reported because it's a survey used to gauge someones political opinion based on answers provided by them. If it just concerned social issues you would have libertarians clumped up with democrats.

2. 6000 people who answer a survey is not going to be representative of a country with almost 330 million people, retard

1. Self reporting is simply asking “what is your political leaning?”

2. Yes it is, you don’t understand statistics because you are a low IQ right winger

MY SEX JUNK IS SO MUCH MORE THAN EITHER OH OH OR

engineers look up stuff on tables. scientists uncover the principles that allow the table to exist to begin with

It’s hilarious because in any other instance right wingers HATE scientists and don’t trust them and say only engineers do real work. What are your thoughts on climate change?

Wrong on both, consider at least TRYING sex.

Fuck this poser, where's Dolph Lundgren: The Science Guy?

Near implied that.

>performs scientific research
It's almost like it is implicit that such activity is defined by the scientific method. Like it for not, but journal publication is the method by which working scientists disseminate their findings and vie for funding.

Why do people who hate right wingers obsess over them and make the same threads over and over again. Doesn't seem very healthy or productive...

Hi Bill. I'm beggin ya, have sex.

Which part of the scientific method includes “pay exorbitant fees to a scientific journal racket to get your shitty research the veneer of credibility among right wing retards and the ability to call yourself a scientist, even though in every other instance they say scientists are wrong about everything and are propagandists (like climate scientists)”?

>ahh bloo bloo why do dey do it too >:(
cry more bitch

Define what science is. One who does that is a scientist. Protip: engineering and any humanities subject is not a science.

>Being a dopamine addicted crack whore
Lol

>a bloo bloo
SEETHING

WINNER!

No part, journal publication doesn't make scientific research science. Journal publication makes the publisher a working scientist. You seem to have an issue with the way things work in academia.

Do you not know what mechanical engineering is? It doesn’t include research as in depth that a physicist or chemist would do. Those are scientists. Engineers just punch in numbers to build what they want to build.

“Engineering” is not the same thing as “science”, yes, but “engineers” can be “scientists” as engineers can perform scientific experiments.

This is like third grade logic, talking with right wingers is so frustrating because they have a knee jerk impulse (Bill Nye is not a scientist because he made that icky sex song and redditors like him!) and then make tons of logical errors while chimping out trying to defend their knee jerk response instead of just admitting it was a gut feeling the whole time. It’s so sad that half the population is literally incapable of critical thought in any capacity.

have sex you nigger

Is my 3rd grade self a scientist?

Attached: file.png (480x360, 182K)

Oh my fucking God, I don’t suppose you’ll ever define what “in depth” is will you. Just admit you will define scientist as whatever Bill Nye isn’t so you can win this dumb little argument, it would be much better for the planet as a whole if a right winger would do some introspection for once and realize their positions are 100% based on knee jerk reactions.

"People" with only bachelor's degree are basically non-human so there's that.

Attached: 1427149374250.jpg (600x600, 50K)

>won a Steve Martin look-alike contest
That's a bigger bullshit than his scientific credentials.

this desu

>redditors like him
Reddit hates the fuck out of him. There's tons of stories about meeting him as a kid, or seeing him around kids. He absolutely hates kids, especially if they were fans of his 90s show. When you're a class 1 jackass, everyone is going to know about it. Dude is a fucking asshole, and all of reddit knows. It's one of the few things reddit and Yea Forums can agree about, "Bill Nye is fucking dipshit and the sooner he plays in traffic, the better"

Getting a bachelors in degree of science in Mechanical Engineering requires absolutely no research.

>thread about talking shit on bill nye
>OP gets assmad because people detest the duplicitous fuck
>has to bombard the thread with incendiary comments with diminishing returns

OP is a massive faggot. Hold the l, bitch.