Vinyl Came back stronger than ever, physical media is more desirable than ever and even seen as collectible...

Vinyl Came back stronger than ever, physical media is more desirable than ever and even seen as collectible, and retro is now the new normie aesthetic that everyone jumps on, it's time to bring back Laserdiscs

Attached: laserdisc_by_shenanigan87-d5il0qp.jpg (1200x800, 645K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Jos676-80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vinyl has some characteristics that make it desirable. It has raw sound that's physically taken from the stylus running in grooves, that's not really the same thing as other old media like tapes, or discs. Closest for visual media would be something like reels of 16mm or 35mm film projected. Everything else is either digital or analog stored via magnetic tape.

i have a vinyl of the car's just what i needed album and it sounds like SHIT on vinyl

the mp3 sounds way better
i am using a cheap usb vinyl player though but that shouldnt be why it sucks right ?

Attached: 1558644834200.jpg (996x776, 62K)

Laserdisc analog audio is superior to the noise and digital compression of DVD/Bluray

A good stylus is important, as is decent speakers with preamps and whatnot. Also the record itself can wear out over time because it's all physical interaction. Same reason why a reel of film can only be played so many times before it starts to stretch and distort.

Just watch Techmoan, his British ass will explain all this shit.

no. compact disc was the epitome of physical media. will be looking forward to their comeback

Vinyl is supposed to sound like shit, that's why hipsters love it.

CDs are already making a comeback desu

CD basically is still king. We've had it and its successor formats for almost 40 years, cassettes and other formats haven't lasted as long. And it's only being supplanted by digital downloads, but CDs can still be purchased.

>check out the digital version of a film/vidya/album/book
>it costs the same as the physical version
>wait a week
>it costs more than the physical version including shipping

Attached: 60300322_10151196339459959_7443232298822008832_n.jpg (500x375, 22K)

also vinyl can't be compressed up the ass like cd or digital due to physical limitations, so paradoxically it has better quality sound, more dynamic range

Attached: images.png (626x490, 41K)

Weak bait

>ebook costs the same as the actual book
this really rumbles my johnnies

>cds
>sounds amazing
>can be played on a wide variety of devices
>small compact
>cost maybe a quarter

nah it's this and it cost me 10$ shipped

Attached: Ezcap-Portable-Vinyl-Turntable-Player-USB-Turntable-Record-Player-Vinyl-Turntable-LP-to-MP3-Record-P (750x750, 44K)

only really shitty bands have mastering that awful

There's probably whole forums dedicated just to how much pressure a stylus should be exerting on the record as it plays. Vinyl can be finicky, and getting it all set up right is a process.

Imagine having to stop the movie one or more times to change disc sides or whole discs

Imagine that

let's bring back lemonade
m.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Jos676-80

Was this common in laserdiscs?

LD could only do like 30 minutes or 60 minutes a side.

Please. I have a collection of great movies on laserdisc would love to be able to sell them

>Was this common in laserdiscs?
LOL

this is PART of the Laserdisc experience, the best you could hope for was get a player that changed sides for you but you still had to change discs at least once when watching a movie

I didn't know this. Even when they sort of became popular in the 90's, I've never seen one.

Laserdisc only peaked at like 2% of players being in US homes. The format never took off.

>Closest for visual media
CRTs. Unmatched for interlaced content and old video games

Attached: 1529954415192.jpg (1840x1290, 479K)

That is literally what a laserdisc is, you zoomer

I used to collect them heavily, as well as VHS and some Beta, from around 2008-2014 but I've long since sold my collection. I mostly had rare horror, sci-fi, art, and cult films, some anime, and stuff with unique features not on other editions or nice packaging. Like VHS, a lot of films on laserdisc never made it to DVD or Bluray, and likely never will