Game of Thrones is over

>Game of Thrones is over
>The Big Bang Theory is over
>The MCU is "over"

is this the beginning of the death of "geek culture"?

Attached: 54654645.jpg (1200x798, 212K)

i hope so, geeks have absolutely cringe taste

Companies can easily churn out more shitty geek-pandering movies. A trending away from it wouldn't be on account of no new movies or shows coming out.

I do think the fact that a lot of young people online have developed a distaste for this kind of corporate / consumeristic geek culture suggests there is going to be something of a gradual cultural turn away from many of its basic tropes and trends, like those thick rim glasses and being ostentatiously enthusiastic about Star Wars on social media.

Like Yea Forums has always had an internet nerd base, but first it developed a kneejerk mockery for the more pathetic 'fedora' aesthetics among a lot of dweebs, and then started mocking / reviling all these 'geek culture' / nu male types. Things do move in trends so some of this is just inevitable.

Like if you look at the 00s it was super bro-y and jockish, starting with all that Dr. Dre hardass-ness and nu metal etc. I was looking at a youtube playthrough of that 00s game Gears of War yesterday, and the character typologies were all these massive dudebro nu metal postgrunge looking guys with soulpatches. It's no surprise that a 'smarter', cosmopolitan sensitive geek trend would replace this a bit.

But I live in a cosmopolitan area and at this point, there are still all those thick frame, bearded, beady-eyed types, but the cooler people don't have that look now. The geek culture and indie nu male guys / girls are more these complacent professionals and consumers now whereas the new styles kind of decidedly have done away with all that stuff. Although those newer styles have been gestating for a while too but they've since spread to Gen Z kids and early adopters.

gradual cultural *turning away

>unironically uses the term 'nu male'
confirmed for pseud. Get your basic ass pontification out of here, cuck.

You forgot the fact that hardly anybody cares about Star Wars anymore.

Finally the manchild generation is dying out

You know what I'm talking about. I'm not going to use forced meme words like so*boy or whatever. But why am I even responding to a guy who calls people cuck.

>The Big Bang Theory
>geek culture

pick one.

Eh, we'll see. This generation's content has gotten so corporate and mediocre that it's bound to go out of style but I'm sure younger kids have plenty of their own childish / manchildish shit they're into and going to be into.

What do cool people look like now? I wouldn't know, I wear sweatpants in public.

That's the geek culture that's popular user, the "teehee I LOVE science neil degrasse tyson is the best haha star wars is so cool have you seen the new Avengers" type (((geek))) culture

You could say this about all this mainstream superhero / Star Wars geek culture stuff though... it's pseudo-geek culture. Its producers have a specific idea of how they want their consumerbase to look and act while constantly insulting actual nerds. It's really more of a geekification of normal people culture. Big Bang Theory is a show for regular people.

Not even close. "Geek culture" is the new mainstream; turning the conventional concepts of masculinity and making them out-of-vogue. It's why soys and cunts rule the narrative now.

Being a SJW is the current trend.

TBBT is peak geek culture
If you can find a vintage graphic tee of it at JCPenny it's geek culture.

>geek
the most misused word by zoomers & wannabes

Attached: sup.jpg (900x1200, 112K)

>"user works in a lab all day, he's such a nerd!"
>"omg you love big bang theory and young sheldon, right?"
>"who did you root for, khaleesi?"

Attached: 1535995781718.png (642x883, 494K)

if kek wills it then yes

Attached: pepe-mistic-1471643558179.gif (250x263, 213K)

I just want D&D and high fantasy to be completely shameless and niche in its marketing, again.

Attached: naga.jpg (186x225, 14K)

I'm impressed honestly

>you remind me of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory

It actually is though

that garbage started geek culture you dumb faggot

More directors should follow Linklater's lead and make movies about the Based Chad instead of geek culture bullshit.

Attached: everybody_wants_some_2016_original_film_art_2000x.jpg (1365x2008, 660K)

So what will be the next 20 year fad? Western again? desu it feels like the world is getting sick of hollywood in general.

>Budget - $10 million
>Box office - $4.6 million

It' over, Chads are the new geeks

The Witcher
More Guardians of the Galaxy
Star Wars movie and new show
All the crappy CW shows like Batwoman
X-Men reboot
Amazon's Lord of the Rings

Hell no, this shit is just getting into full swing and embracing its soi-core audience.

I fucking hope so

Now what's next? Men are only getting more effeminate so no manly culture is coming back.