Star Wars 9, lads

>Kill it if you have to

Attached: 20190523_185058.jpg (1418x2206, 830K)

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/star-wars-9-hero-emperor-palpatine/
starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Imperial_Knight
youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg
youtube.com/watch?v=Wneb2IOp-wM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: Screenshot_20190523-185156_Chrome.jpg (1440x2960, 1.21M)

end of clickbait

Attached: Screenshot_20190523-185228_Chrome.jpg (1440x2960, 1.02M)

Not going to lie I wish George had the balls to kill off all Jedi and Sith, Star wars with just Bounty Hunters, Smugglers and regular dudes seems like an actually legit sci-fi universe to get into

This is what happens when something falls into the hands feminists. The Star Wars is now a radioactive barren land.

The fight between good and evil is the whole point zoomer scum.
Have sex.

>he wants another generic futuristic universe with nothing to set it apart from the other
No thank you

fuck phone posters

>good and evil
you missed the point

read a fucking star wars book

>star wars book

Attached: d9c06983-3705-48d1-ba00-46e860eed626..png (1500x851, 1.42M)

Get pregnant

If the end of 8th was any indication, Force abilities will just be something you get like super powers now. Future stories will skip the training segments and focus on drama and action.

Yeah women good, men evil. Amirirte?

Attached: archerfilmfestival-censored.jpg (648x365, 52K)

strawmen bad

I tought the Jedi were already dead after Rians incursion.

Hold hands.

>Hey, I've got an idea. Let's kill the very heart of the story, the part that gives it its mystique and mythic resonance, where the opposing philosophies of mental discipline and unleashed passion no longer matter and are somehow unified by a chick that thought all this shit was a myth last week.

screenrant.com/star-wars-9-hero-emperor-palpatine/

>end of Jedi and Sith
And the rise of a "grey Jedi" path called Skywalker, you predictable transparent fucks.

Continuing the prequel idea that the dichotomy is inherently flawed would be cool had they not skimmed over it for the first 2 movies.

That's exactly how I feel. If they'd actually planned this, there would have been hints of it all the way back to the first film. It's too late to start info-dumping philosophy and paradigm shifts in the last film.

Both ESB and TLJ shat on the idea of a “mixed” Force with both light and dark.

also, the end of everyone's interest int star wars

Disney isn't that 'kino' to introduce the "grey jedi", or exhibit any deep-dive philosophy about the light or dark side of the force.

Kennedy would probably just get Rey to slice off Kylo's dick off, force him to wear a tranny-diaper and take HRT pills...because the "force is female"...

>I'm serious about this too, no troll.....I can see the future of Star Wars being more about identity politics than anything else.

>TLJ
>time for the Jedi to end
>ep.9
>no more Jedi or sith for real this time
Fool me once...

>JJ
>introduce (and flesh out) anything new
Fool me once...

>jedi and sith
>yin and yang
I fucking hate disney.

Kreiya will be pleased

Not watching this crap. Star Wars died in the opening moments of TLJ. Fuck Disney, Fuck JJ, Fuck KK, Fuck RJ.

>star wars
>legit sci-fi universe
Star Wars is fantasy faggot

devoid of any meaningful story or characters. its so bad they actually ruined previous movies character development. Its almost impressive.

But what about justice for transgender POC? Sure, we need to break down the Jedi/Sith patriarchy, but what is Disney doing to promote and represent the heroic virtues of the truely oppressed? You're either with us or against us.

Attached: 1453261476264.png (404x411, 214K)

They have no idea what they are doing. When they bought it, they thought all the manchildren would like any old bullshit

Same. If they had planned this better it could have been pulled off. Have Eps 7 and 8 lead into it by showing the Sith command structure completely fracturing after the Emperor's death, and Luke being unable to convince new Jedi to not exploit their power. A larger crisis - say coruscant's atmosphere becoming uninhabitable due to the post-Empire government being unable to maintain it (or say space lanes being filled with junk, pirates, etc) would force them all to work together to save people they love. This would fit within Disney's existing branding, while also giving every opposing character necessary motivations to work with each other that they have lacked so far. Have it end with all of them fighting hordes of reactivated droids trying to rebuild the death star, but do it in a cool and unique way (eg zero-g lightsaber fights in an orbital construction yard or having to force crush their way through half-built bulkheads) instead of another ROTJ fight again.

There's so many better ways these basic concepts could be done if Disney had put in the effort.

Like serenity dude lmao

This whole grey jedi shit is stupid and contradicts what the force is (or originally was). There is no light side or dark side; there is only the force, and the perversion of the force (commonly referred to as the dark side).

sneed

>Lore can never change
George Lucas didn't even know what the fuck the "force" even was when he started making the movies, he just made shit up as he went along. It would hardly be unprecedented for Disney to try to redefine the force, as "canon" has done repeatedly over the last few decades.

Attached: 1512784850987.png (257x368, 104K)

I though it was a joke when i read that kylo ren says I will have killed The Last Jedi (tm) and luke even replies no, because i will no be The Last Jedi (tm). I read it somewhere else and almost made a post saying they're stealing our memes but then i thought i better just check and it was fucking real

>legit sci-fi universe
SW was never a sci fi series, it's always been a fantasy series set in space.
SW is literally the opposite of sci fi, i mean, there is fucking magic, knights and a princess to save, that's the most fantasy 101 you can get.

>mental discipline and unleashed passion
It bother me so much that we are close to the end of the new trilogy and they still didnt understand that this was the core of every SW movie since the beginning and yet there is nothing of it into the new movies.
It's like making an Iron Man movie with Tony stark with no money and no armor, o wait, they already did it witgh IM3...

>Disney isn't that 'kino' to introduce the "grey jedi", or exhibit any deep-dive philosophy about the light or dark side of the force.
This.
Hell, they even retconed the concept of balance of the force from no dark side to equal part of dark and light side. Too bad that there never was a "light" side, only the force and the corrupted force called dark side, the "light " side is literally the force itself as a whole.

They whole point of these movies is sith vs jedi!
FUCK ALL OF YOU!

Attached: s0oqa.jpg (500x213, 29K)

Only turbo-retards give a fuck about anyone's take on Star Wars canon besides Lucas'. EU faggots especially are the saddest most tasteless fucks on earth.

>great fantasy
>all the of the bullshit from soceity today
pick one

I don't care what they do. When Luke did pic related, he was also throwing away my interest and money.
FUCK Rian Johnson
FUCK Kathleen Kennedy
FUCK NuWars

Attached: cbe012650851cab598a6c0cd78ee65bb.gif (700x318, 3.65M)

Grey Jedi is the most reddit concept ever introduced into Star Wars

Attached: 1554409853757.jpg (184x184, 10K)

>what

Bend over

>get pregnant
This is now the official response to "have sex"

Attached: 1558633087404.png (801x652, 518K)

>Implying KK will let Rey, the strongest womyn ever, only use a lightsaber made by a wh*te m*le

literally retarded

But the Sith and Jedi are already dead, what the fuck is going on now?

George always saw the light and dark sides as yin and yang, the force is inspired partly by Taoism.

Jedi and Sith aren't the same though, Luke helping to destroy the Sith brought balance to the force because they'd polluted the galaxy with darkness through the empire, rather than letting it exist in balance with light.

Attached: x69yf9 (1).jpg (407x401, 30K)

a new group of lightsaber retards will just arise out of their ashes for the next trilogy

They’re trying to churn up some HYPE for a movie nobody is talking about, that’s what. The entire article is one huge advertisement for wishful thinking. It’s why they’re focusing on the topics with broad consumer appeal, namely HURP DURR LIGHTSABERS HAHAHA JEDI JEDI IT’S A JEDI.

literally and unironically this

>THIS is a 10/10 Aryan specimen according to white people

>2019
>caring about star wars in any way

Attached: 1556654097232.gif (205x185, 47K)

George's mythology/Force lore:

>The Whills - Are the force itself, live inside another dimension beyond the galaxy, like a metaphysical realm. They're like the Moksha or Dharma in religion.

>Mortis Gods/The Ones - They're the physical manifestations of the force, light, dark and balance. They are loosely based on the Hindu deities Brahman, Vishnu and Shiva, representing creation, preservation and destruction/rebirth. Also similar to the Devas of Bhuddism and the three pure ones of Taoism.

>Shaman of the Whills/Force Priestesses - Basically space Buddha, they've achieved enlightenment and were the first to discover how to become force ghosts, they teach others how to become force ghosts like Qui Gon and Yoda.

>Bendu - More like a nature spirit/Tom Bombadil type. Probably another manifestation of the force, similar to an Asura maybe.

>Jedi and Sith - Massive Religions that follow the light and dark, they're at the bottom of the hierarchy and are mostly ignorant to the higher beings at work in the force.

Disney wouldn't do anything with this or use George's plans for the sequels because it was going to deal heavily in the force and spirituality, they were afraid of alienating audiences.

Attached: DWqA3_OVoAAPsxS (1).jpg (520x562, 66K)

A ridiculous idea. In that universe there would always be lightsabers, jedi, and sith. You could never completely extinguish the myths. Someone will always know.

>according to (((white))) people

fify

The light side of the force is the balanced force. Dark is unbalanced. This grey shit is fucking gay.

The force in it's natural state is light and dark in balance, the Sith themselves are the corruption that tips the scales. George has said this countless times now.

That would cement the idea this trilogy is completely incoherent. The whole point of Luke's return in TLJ was that despite shit hitting the fan and his depression spiral he was able to see the purpose in the Jedi everyone (audience included) had faith in. "I will not be the last Jedi." If it turns out Rey is instead the last Jedi it reduces the line to a dull technicality.

TFA and TLJ are both shitty though, so I don't expect TRoS to be any different.

Thats what i said but I should have said Jedi and Sith. Being a jedi means accepting your anger but not identifying with it. George gets this concept from buddhism

That was the whole point of the original 6 movies. The first 3 kill off the Jedi and during the OT Vader "brings balance" by killing the sith. Of course Disney did not pay attention to any of this, nor planned a way to explain why nothing mattered and why we still have space nazis.

>That was the whole point of the original 6 movies
Not in a lasting way. It was always intended for Luke to rebuild the Jedi, even if the story ends with that yet to happen.

>You're either with us or against us.

I saw what you did here, and I like it.

Reminder that "Episodes" 7-9 are not canon.

Yeah the Jedi are supposed to be balanced, the Sith are more selfish and lust for power and influence, using the force as their tool, that's what creates imbalance. Or at least when Sith gain great influence like Sheev it does.

The grey Jedi thing doesn't make a ton of sense in George's view of the force. I think it's more of a way for people to disassociate with the Jedi without becoming full blown Sith, or they're someone that tries to live by certain Jedi teachings but not to the point where they're completely spiritually balanced.

To me, Grey Jedi are like casual Jedi who don't want to be hardcore, but don't want to go full dark either. Like a moderate Christian or something, you believe but you're not devout.

Attached: tenor (7).gif (498x213, 1.38M)

It's a universe with a defined good and evil. "Grey" concepts are cute but don't work in that universe.

sneed

you're a massive faggot with bad taste.

>end the siths and jedis
>replace them with the same shit but with a different name

>George always saw the light and dark sides as yin and yang, the force is inspired partly by Taoism.

He absolutely did not. It was never presented that way in either trilogy. The 'light side' of the force is the Force, and the Dark Side is a perversion thereof, not just an equal half. When they talk about 'balancing' the force in the prequel trilogy, they're talking about purging the Dark Side from the galaxy once and for all, not somehow bringing the two sides into harmony. Any dark power was inherently unbalanced.

The whole two sides of the same coin bullshit was added later by hacks who wanted to see hordes of bad guys with red lightsabers running around in their expanded universe shit. Then Rian Johnson made it official, because he has the same level of writing as a fanfiction writer.

Attached: 1531924397166.png (950x534, 551K)

Yeah, we already know that Skywalker is going to be a replacement word for the joining of Sith and Jedi.
So the new Jedi are going to be referred to as Skywalker.

It's all really dumb.

Attached: j.jpg (438x624, 101K)

>unifying force
I see Disney is still ripping off the EU

Sneedwalker

>Buy franchise because you have trouble appealing to boys
>Make it for girls and remove the main hook that draws people to it.

What will they call this era of poor decision making?

George brought the yin yang thing in with clone wars and even explained that balancing the force=destroying the Sith. It was certainly a thinf before the sequels, it had nothing to do with Johnson and his bs.

The Dark side exists naturally with the light as balance, the core of the force, but when the sith start wielding it for their own personal gain it becomes corruptive and unbalanced.

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying anyway, light and dark don't equal Jedi and Sith. Having thousands of sith and jedi running around doesn't create balance. During the prequels there was only one sith lord and he was causing a ton of imbalance despite the thousands of Jedi.

Attached: images (19).jpg (300x168, 11K)

The Dark Side is a natural occurrence because grappling with negative emotions is a natural part of life. The trouble is people started to think that meant the story was implying that being "balanced" meant being morally neutral or something, or that people should strive toward having equal parts dark and light. That's stupid, and goes against the moral dimensions of the series. There's a difference between equanimity and edgelord gray Jedi.

Its not new tho. Grey jedis are part of the universe

Isn't Ahsoka kind of a grey Jedi now? At least unofficially she seems like one since she's kind of still living by some Jedi teachings but she's also doing her own thing and isn't as much of a puritan as she was.

space wizards is literally all star wars has, any other scifi franchise outclasses it in every other objective way once you remove space wizards.

More or less this. Its something you get and you can use after your backstory is explained if you are a hero, or immediately if you are a villain. No real explanation is needed because the target audience is chinks who don't care and the secondary target audience is western women and mommies and their children, who also don't care.

>and Sith
Meaning in Disney canon, ROTJ was literally pointless and the prophecy never came true.

Thats what happens when you present a system that has oriental origins (Jedi=Samurai, Force=Taoism) to a Western audience whose spiritual system is largely analog Christianity.

8 retroactively made ROTJ's prophecy fulfillment null and void because it established Luke as a total abject failure. ROTJ's only real significance is the Skywalker familyd rama.

Star Wars is basically a fantasy/war movie with a sci-fi aesthetic, the psychic space samurai and cosmic mysticism are what make it stand out imo, as cool as other aspects of the universe are that's a big selling point.

The lack of lightsaber battles and cool force shit is what's killed a lot of interest in the sequels I think, even episode IX looks pretty shit in that area still, since they haven't given the Knights of Ren lightsabers. Are we really just getting another Kylo vs Rey rematch?

Attached: giphy (9).gif (245x255, 917K)

none of this is canon

To be fair the whole "bring balance to the Force by destroying the Sith" thing was always sort of a trivial victory when you actually think it through. The Sith might've been the only organized cult surrounding the Dark Side of the Force, but the Dark Side itself and its threat would always exist because it's always a threat on the individual.

Even the EU -- which had literal Sith running around, actual Darth Superfluous and Darth Meaningless -- handwaved this with "Well Anakin ended the original run of Rule of Two, at least!" Anakin being a "Chosen One" will forever and always be stupid.

>Are we really just getting another Kylo vs Rey rematch?

Its too late to run any other matchup. Besides, you know its going to be some stupid bullshit like Kylo and Rey team up to fight Neo-Palpatine and then they decide to fuck off and have a life together in some uncharted shitzone of the galaxy.

Happened in the EU. The Imperial Knights were secular and did not practice any Jedi or Sith rites. Still got to use both sides of the Force freely.

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Imperial_Knight

It wasn't about a victory. It was about erasing the threat of Force abuse from the galaxy. The force was institutionalized and used to wage constant wars and orchestrate periods of false peace for thousands of years. The Jedi were wholly eliminated and reduced to legend, their ways and purpose forgotten. Now it was the Sith's turn to be forgotten. Once all is forgotten, then no one will try to take up their skewed paths and restart the religion wars.

Luke was trusted to be the last of the Jedi, because he had a heart of gold and could be trusted to use the Force in the best way possible - by not using it, not training anyone in it, and letting it die with him. Unfortunately, the EU went into crazyland with the whole Jedi Order merchandising which set a fanbase expectation for the return of Jedi.

This is why the Whills stuff that George wanted in the sequels would've probably been hated.

Similar to how the Empire is a blend of the Nazi's, Romans and many other regimes, the force is a blend of the major eastern religions, Taoism, Buddhism and Hinduism. But most westerners won't understand this because it's fundamentally different/incompatible to Abrahamic religions.

Attached: the_force_symbols_by_risiavyle-d39n3cf.jpg (1131x707, 92K)

They point here is what is more important for SW? Lightsaber duels or space battles?

people still care about this space opera crap, as far as space operas go valerian was 20 times more interesting than the last 2 films plus this next one

>But most westerners won't understand this because it's fundamentally different/incompatible to Abrahamic religions.

No, most westerns won't understand it because its not simple black and white stuff. I mean, lets be real about midichlorians - they were just a (dumb) scientific way to explain that the cells of a living being can be infused with the Force in the same sense that living fauna of a planet emit life. But everyone went fucking apeshit because the existence of molecules somehow destroyed mysticism.

>It was about erasing the threat of Force abuse from the galaxy.
That's my point, though. That threat would never be erased because the Dark Side is just an abstraction for loss of impulse control and submission to baser emotions and instincts. Luke didn't take Evil Dickhead 101 with Professor Palpatine, but he still felt and understood the pull of the Dark Side. The Sith being an institution doesn't change the Dark Side's more meaningful and more personal role in the story.
>and could be trusted to use the Force in the best way possible - by not using, not training anyone in it
>"Pass on what you have learned."
Return of the Jedi always implied that Luke would rebuild the Order, even if it didn't explicitly show him taking out a loan for a Jedi temple.

Dark Side /= Sith. Sith deformed into a crazy cult which says you must use the Dark Side to gain power to use the Dark Side to gain power ad infinitum. Sith is an institution that needed to be erased. Dark Side is just stuff that exists in the galaxy.

So what if some dude uses lightning instead of laser guns? That doesn't mean he's going to build a fucking Death Star one day. Its the mental corruption of the Sith doctrine which makes people want Death Stars.

>believing JJ is able to stick a landing

What people don't understand is, the force is everything and it's in everyone, it's the fabric of reality. So if you start to use the dark side and become corrupted you're causing an imbalance in the force. Everyone is a part of the force and what an individual does can affect it.

So the Sith causing trouble is what creates imbalance. The Jedi are supposed to be selfless and maintain balance by keeping peace and solving conflicts, never abusing the force.

I think the prequel Jedi were supposed to be unbalanced in that they had become so emotionally detached and dogmatic they'd leaned too heavily towards the light in a way, they discouraged emotion and feelings that could potentially lead to the dark side and became emotionless robots. A true Jedi is balanced and has emotions but also isn't selfish or impulsive.

>Dark Side /= Sith.
Again, that's my point. It's why I said that destroying the Sith doesn't amount to much more than a trivial victory. Even if Snoke and his manipulation of Kylo are a poorly set-up contrivance, the potential for similar Dark Side dickery was never erased simply because the Sith were gone. Yes, the Sith were particularly malicious and dangerous (or at least the Emperor and Vader were) but that doesn't change the fact that the Sith's destruction is, in the grand scheme, a technicality at best or at least an underwhelming thing to hinge a prophecy on.
>That doesn't mean he's going to build a fucking Death Star
The Empire created the Death Star because the Emperor wanted inflexible control over the galaxy and he had the resources and preexisting power to do so. Lust for power is not unique to the Sith whatsoever.

The midichlorians were just George trying to explain how the force is connected to all living things, but it didn't help that it was never expanded on, since they're essentially the bridge between living beings and the Whills.

People didn't like it because it was framed in a scientific way and it was accused of removing the mysticism from the force, but the whole point was that the Jedi had become cold and scientific. And on top of that people thought Midichlorians were the force, they're not, they're the bridge between the living beings and the force, so the force is still a mysterious thing.

>destroying jedi and sith
Are they really that stupid?
If Disney kills them off completely, would anyone even give a fuck about star wars anymore?
Who would buy all the jedi/sith merchandise if they go out forever with a wet fart?

>Luke was trusted to be the last of the Jedi, because he had a heart of gold and could be trusted to use the Force in the best way possible - by not using it, not training anyone in it, and letting it die with him

Nice shilling, keep sucking that mouse's dick

If the sequel trilogy had actually been satisfying and even better, made with George's involvement, it probably would've been a good call to bring an end to Jedi and Sith.

The OT and Prequels are all about war and the rise and fall of heroes, I'm guessing the idea behind the ST was the breaking of the cycle, reaching enlightenment and bringing true balance to the force. Rise of Skywalker might try to do this but it's JJ so it'll be half-assed and shit.

And even if Episode IX was always intended to be the end for Jedi and Sith, you have thousands of years to mine stories from, the Jedi and Sith have been at war for millennia, you could make a ton of prequel movies.

Attached: 16i9x09.jpg (525x600, 61K)

>People didn't like it because it was framed in a scientific way and it was accused of removing the mysticism from the force, but the whole point was that the Jedi had become cold and scientific.
No one, in the entire prequels, not even fucking Palpatine, points this out, so you can excuse the audience for not getting what the fuck was going on.

Actually they got Marvel for that, they wanted to make Star Wars for girls. I am not joking.

>Kylo starting a new order
Based JJ ending Rian's work

Attached: 529e8ff.jpg (2048x2048, 334K)

Lightsabers are phallic symbols.
The brave force sensitive queens should discard them.
Smash the patriarchy!

>Disney trying to gently put down the series
>Ends up curb stopping it into a bloody pulp
oh I am laffin

Attached: tumblr_inline_pjys5qFx9M1sruvjn_250.gif (190x294, 102K)

>Disney is gonna remove jedi and sith from Star Wars
>also a new trilogy is already announced after this one

No chance

Post your favourite Sith lads

Attached: Ventress_Coloured.png (626x800, 859K)

let me guess, you're one of those people who blame him for the LOST finale

it may surprise you to learn that JJ Abrams' only major involvement with LOST was the pilot episode

You're full of shit, he has never written an ending.

Attached: yinyang.png (2748x1200, 79K)

>even the alien horse monsters have the same generic "long face, wideset beady eyes, droopy mouth" design DNA as every other sequel alien
jesus CHRIST

>John Boyega in 2015
oh man I'm gonna be in star wars, I even get to fight with a lightsaber. I bet I'll become a jedi and luke will train me
>John Boyega in 2019
I've spent the majority of my screentime in these movies riding horses and acting nervous

they are going to be called something that is said to etymologically related to the word jedi, something like jeddahim or jeddanum or whatever

Disney's nu wars has been a constant struggle to kill goose that lays the golden eggs.
It really makes no fucking sense.

no, it will literally just be Skywalkers
Luke's force ghost will look approvingly at all their college-brochure-diverse faces (but no aliens) and tell them
>You are all Skywalkers

screencap it

It fucking baffles me.
This is a franchise that lasted and prospered for like 40 years due to fans dedication and love for it, expanding the series to every other form of media possible and being one of the most famous and popular things ever.
And then Disney comes along, and nosedives it into the ground so hard so fast the series is practically dead after only a couple years.

Yeah this clickbait article is garbage. Just because Jedi and Sith as institutions are going away, there's no way that means LIGHTSABERS are going away

Oh yeah, they're going to just STOP DOING LIGHTSABERS IN STAR WARS

who would ever fucking believe that

Kyle Katarn you pleb

They didn't watch the Phantom Menace making of documentary, clearly.
>"You have to be careful. You can destroy these things - it is possible."

Disney just thought there was no way the fanbase would ever not love Star Wars. They figured it was unsinkable, so why not try to bring in "new fans"? The old fans will stay no matter what, right?
...right?

>no more lightsabers, jedi or sith
what would even be the point?

Kyle Katarn is not and never has been a particularly good or interesting character. He's just a fun excuse to rope the player through all kinds of Star Wars iconography and memorable moments. He's a stormtrooper! He's a Jedi! He's Han Solo! He's Jedi Han Solo! Good games, but Katarn was never more than just an excuse for the player.

never gonna happen as long as lightsaber toys sell

It becomes an HBO-drama style series about the Hutts, centered around an up-and-coming Hutt who runs a brothel and traffics in twi'lek titties

Not only that, but Katarn and Windy prove that the force must be used for the light or else you risk yourself. If the will of the force is to kill, then with vigilance you may by any means

>twi'lek titties
I'd watch that

According to the latest rumors:
Matt Smith's character is some kind of Dark Side acolyte - possibly one of Snoke's earlier apprentices. He willingly lets himself be possessed by the spirit of Palpatine. Rey and Kylo fight him. Kylo manages to kill him, and Palpatine's spirit jumps into Kylo's body. He either kills himself or Rey kills him (uncertain). This puts an end to Palpatine for good because - get this - he can't jump to Rey's body because she isn't tainted by the dark side. She is literally too good and pure to be possessed.
I also can't wait for this place's reaction to the "flash fights" - people are going to shit on it so hard.

Finally, we found it. And it's a good one too.

so you have to Have sex to be an evil space samurai?

But the Sith are long gone and the last jedi just fucking died

>Rey easily defeats Kylo in TFA
>Kylo hasn't gotten any stronger since then
>Rey also performs better than Kylo in the red throne room fight - Kylo has to be saved by her
>but Kylo kills Palpatine's mind in a younger stronger body
Rey > Palpatine confirmed

Lol, did Rose get cut in favor of a black love interest?

From what I'm hearing, Rose is barely in the fucking movie. Like cameo-tier. Notice she's not even on the poster.

Makes sense, considering she was a character Rian invented to take Poe's place on Canto Bight. JJ probably has no plans for her so just shoves her to the side. I bet she'll be a general because fuck it why not.

>phoneposting
>clickbait

This board needs to be purged into the fire.

as opposed to illegitimate?
fuck off, learn what words mean

>mfw the Force is finally going to die

Attached: Kreiadarknessatcore.jpg (377x553, 37K)

I've got to hand it to you Kreia, you really did have a grasp on things.

Daily reminder that anyone who says Star Wars is sci fi is a fucking 80 iq retard

Apparently this thing's name is Klaud. He lives in a cave on a forest planet and the Resistance needs his help for some reason. Say something nice about him.

Attached: klaud.jpg (900x600, 131K)

sounds kino but normalfags would never accept it

why is every single alien in the ST a brown lumpy flesh monster with a droopy face?

Attached: sequeltrilogyaliens.jpg (1721x1739, 422K)

The final nail in the coffin

He's secretly Klaud the Whill, god of Star Wars and a manifestation of the Force itself. Rey will visit him for help and then he comes to the resistance base to offer advice. He then chooses Rey to be his Goddess force wife and lays his midichlorian eggs in her. The end.

Who says JJ can't write kino?

Attached: Doppelgänger_of_Dooku-SW_The_New_Droid_Army.png (400x384, 18K)

Honestly I like it.

Given the fact that force users are just a solution to the problem of force-users it would make sense for someone to try and just end this BS once and for all.

Still actually DOING that would be a dumb move for the whole franchise.

There's more variety on the bottom than it might look at first glance, but there is a conspicuous absence of more humanoid aliens. The OT didn't have many either, but it still featured them and there was more variety to them.

What about Revan?
In the swtor mmo they introduced "revanites" that were basicly gray jedi

I don't like to remember what TOR did to Revan

>the one thing people go see these movies for
>let's destroy it
>EXPECTATIONS SUBVERTED

Wiping out Jedi and Sith in general or all force sensitives would do the galaxy a favor desu. Kreia did this in Kotor and I've heard Kotor 2 was loosely based on George's ideas for a sequel trilogy.

So the concept of killing the force and the involvement of the Whills might've been what the sequels were originally about before Disney got their grubby hands all over Star Wars.

Attached: CyndUk2.jpg (1051x764, 96K)

>So the concept of killing the force and the involvement of the Whills might've been what the sequels were originally about
I doubt it. Lucas's treatment of Star Wars was always idealistic and romantic. It's possible what Lucas had in mind was better than what we've got, but either way sequels were a fundamental mistake.

i think it means that force is the real enemy. palpatine is literally the force and has been playing with his jedi and sith puppets for centuries.
now our brave heroes and villains figure it out, team up and try to kill the force (palpatine)
but there's a twist. force is actually two sides. dark and light. but palpatine force has been keeping the light virgin maid force as prisoner.
now the mission to destroy converts to a rescue mission. once palpatine force is almost defeated the maid virgin force stops them because the balance must be kept.
heroes reluctantly abide with the light forces wishes.
everyone lives happily ever after

Well I meant the villain would've been out to destroy the force/genocide all force users because they're bitter like Kreia.

The character that became Snoke was originally going to be an old woman, so I do wonder if there was a connection there. Sadly kotor 2 development was rushed so the ending wasn't as metaphysical as they wanted it to be, which suggest they were going to have the exile/kreia meeting whills or something weird and spiritual.

The Dark side is a rot in the Force and balance is achieved by removing it. These brainlets think it has to be preserved, completely missing the point of the OT.

Lightsabers, Jedi and Sith are the only interesting part of Star Wars. Without that you've just got a shitter MassEffect/Halo/StarTrek/StarGate etc

Luckly nothing apart from Ep 1-6 is canon

Mass Effect was such a good universe with so much potential
I'll never not be mad

>Palpatine's spirit jumps into Kylo's body. He either kills himself or Rey kills him (uncertain). This puts an end to Palpatine for good because - get this - he can't jump to Rey's body because she isn't tainted by the dark side
So, Palpy's spirit floated around for the past 40 years before possessing someone, but this time he just ends instead of floating around for another 40 years?

Attached: derp.jpg (800x595, 55K)

>Soi Wars

Ha Gay.

C3PO dies.

Nah, the implication is that his spirit is gone for good this time. Why? Just because.

Nevermind that he existed as a spirit for the last 40 years - he can't go back to being a spirit apparently. He can't possess Rey because she's too good, so he just disappears.

people are going to be upset

It's a classic knight and princess fantasy story told in sci fi, that's the final synthesis of the debacle

oh nevermind I misread your post - yeah you're exactly right, this time he just ends

nevermind the fact that Kylo and Rey manage to defeat EMPEROR PALPATINE in a LIGHTSABER DUEL when he's taken a younger, stronger body

I mean it's not like Palpatine is a good duelist or anything
youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

Don't go see it. Boycott or stfu

You can focus on non Jedi/Force related stories (even Solo count). Or try any other Sci Fi setting.

So like The Exorcist then? Jesus

EXACTLY like the exorcist
It's a pretty credible rumor too

oh I forgot to mention that Kylo is somehow mentally strong enough to "resist" Palpatine's possession for a short while - which is when he pleads to Rey to kill him, or kills himself, one of the two

even in the Republic days there were what like 10,000 Jedi in a universe of 100 billion to 1 trillion life forms?

Jedi are pretty fucking rare in the universe and its only the movies that follow them. Many books dont even feature Jedi at all.

And we genuinely thought it couldn't get any worse

Attached: 1507796587108.jpg (1536x2063, 649K)

>lets remove the things that make Star Wars unique from other space sci-fi movies.

Attached: 1506056749504.png (324x246, 40K)

This

what is that even censoring lmao

>The force is female
>We're getting rid of jedi and sith.
Bravo.

What deck should i create from newest box that isnt meta, or require little SR/UR?

The Jedi did end in TLJ though. Luke was the final Jedi and the Sith are dead too.

nah, Rey has the books and Yoda said she's fine so she's a jedi now I guess

Why are people mad at this?

One of the biggest flaws of the EU was that it was too afraid to wrap up the old stuff and try something new. Do you seriously want "Light Side Jedi vs Dark Side Empire" ad infinitum?

>Episode 6 - Return of the Jedi
>Episode 9 - Dude no more Jedi lmao

Disney is so fucking incompetent. If it wasn't for Kevin Feige they would have fucked up Marvel too.

Attached: 1558029632721.png (645x729, 216K)

Yeah, you're right.

Attached: 1558662550008.png (595x960, 332K)

>another fat x wing pilot
get a new fucking idea

>movies feature dozens of Rebel pilots
>two of them are fat
OHH NOOOO ITS FATTY PROPAGANDA fucking retard

It could have been a new Jedi Order vs other threats. What is the fucking point of Return of the Jedi if they go extinct a few years later. Absolutely retarded, if true.

>something new
like what
go ahead - like the fuck what

oh my god i hit a nerve or something? i've never seen anyone that fat in real life, i forgot that american anons lurking might actually look like that. i apologise. you would have only been a lord of many lands looking like that, back in the day

>"No I am the last of the Jedi"
>"no, Luke. You are the first of the new Jedi"
It's not like the EU hasn't toyed with the idea before. Luke being the last Jedi doesn't mean that he has to rebuild the Order

>Rey has the books

When did it show her having the books?

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

That's literally what it means.

>in America especially
literally only when opposed to parts of western/northern Europe

you guys actually liked george lucas? he's the guy that fucked star wars up in the first place. It died the moment he got involved

There's a quick shot when they're on the Falcon at the end. Finn is putting something in a drawer and you can see the books in there.

That's why Yoda said "those books contain nothing the girl Rey does not already possess" - he already knew she'd taken the books.

So him burning down the tree was basically just him fucking with Luke like an asshole.

The obvious example would be Yuuzhan Vong.

But my favourite deviation from the formula is the KotOR comic series where the conflict arises from the internal struggle within the Jedi instead of an outside force (aka generic dark siders)

There's a video on YouTube that says the left only destroys. They can only destroy.

>hurr why isn't Luke's school more like the based old order
What year is it, 2007?
Anyways, the EU disagrees with you and so do I.

>Yuuzhan Vong
no

Did a teenager write this post?

Yes

Attached: 1441566224838.jpg (456x552, 77K)

Are you an idiot or just illiterate? I'm not complaining that Luke didn't rebuild the old order, I'm complaining that they're removing the Jedi entirely when the whole point of RotJ is their return.

Wasn't that the last movie? "All the jedi must die?" or whatever?

>dude they're immune to the force and they make everything out of bio-tech and they love torture and pain and blood and they look like totally sick necro monsters and it turns out palpatine only built the empire and the death stars so he could fight them
no they're fucking stupid as fuck

The idea of an extra-galactic threat is cool
the Vong are tryhard nonsense

Luke explicitly says he won't be the last Jedi.

Wouldn't Kreia cum buckets if Jedi and sith gets wiped out?

>the prequel idea that the dichotomy is inherently flawed
You did not understand shit.

i guess the movie subverted its title. cool

You have to be over 18 to be here.

>taking titles literally
brainlet

>it turns out palpatine only built the empire and the death stars so he could fight them
>evil space Hitler was actually the good guy all along
Imagine being George Lucas and having to watch EU authors assrape your lore

Lucas didn't really give a fuck because he considered it completely separate from what he was doing. People played in his sandbox and he got paid for it.

>the last scene is Maz Kanata opening up a big book and writing 'The Journal of the Whills'

She would find a reason to somehow still be disappointed in the outcome.

>end of trilogy movie actually ends franchise
WHAT oh no But I want 10 thousand more Skywalker family movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1549150822425.jpg (184x184, 13K)

Revan was over inflated in importance because of writer's pet syndrome

Dialate

>dialate
nice job kiddo

Seething

have sex

>kill the coolest aspect of the universe and just make it about rebels and dictatorships.
Disney never understood this franchise.

Attached: 654BAE9B-9B59-4C91-BABE-E7B7C772F0E9.png (940x1039, 691K)

>Leftist agenda company buys beloved franchise and runs it into the ground

The desecration of beloved characters and the destruction of themes like redemption and forgiveness was all part of the plan. These people are soulless and evil.

Get pregnant

>kill off the best and most original part of the universe sonits like any other
Kys

You not only have a fundamental misunderstanding of Daoism, but have also made shit up regarding Star Wars lore. This makes you both a philistine and a flat out retard

i wish i could

Not really, her goal was to kill the force bc she sees it as a malignant entity. The jedi and sith are just somehow agents of it. So ending them wouldn’t cut the problem at its root

Try cleaning the shit out of your fake surgery vagina

nothing is safe, everyone can die, everything can be destroyed, watch us PLEASE!!

So I know bout muh culture war and how everything you don't like is "Leftist" but the real reason Disney is increasing "representation" of women and minorities is so that it's easier to market to them. It's 100% motivated by capitalist profit hounding and if you can't see that then you're the one being worked.

You have no fucking clue what you’re talking about. Daoist and Eastern conceptions of balance are not the same as Western ones. You keep referencing yin and yang as if they embody good and evil when they fucking don’t. Do you think there’s “light monks” and “dark monks” or do you have two brain cells to rub together? You should also read the lore because Jedi represent ascetic principles and discipline while Sith represent the “easy path” to the force; the dichotomy would be closer to a monk who follows the spiritual demands of Wing Chun and practices the martial art while also keeping his paths as a monk, compared to a teenager on the streets of Hong Kong who uses Wing Chun solely to hurt people.

The Sith are already dead. The only "Jedi" left is Mary Sue.

SW is like Krull
fantasy with a sci-fi coat of paint on it

Star Wars is a fantasy movie about good and evil. The dark side is evil. Grey Jedi is the most retarded concept I've ever heard.

Yeah, it's for a certain kind of person
>See, my character is gifted with the force but doesn't actually follow the Jedi code or really care about spiritual discipline, but can still use the light side just as well as trained jedi who dedicate themselves to it. Oh, and they can use the dark side too but they're not corrupted by it because I said so.

Go back zoomy

Could be Kino.
>I will save your life using the Force
>now I must do something Evil to balance that act by killing your best friend
>I used the Force to guide my torpedoes and destroy the First Order ship
>now I will guide my torpedoes to destroy the Rebel ship the First Order ship I destroyed was aiming at
>I just killed a Knight of Ren by Force-pushing him into a ship reactor
>Now I must... wait, where are you guys going? Come back friends I need to kill one of you in a gruesome way!

Rey the Gray
Part Savior. Part Asshole. All gRey

Starwars has always been leftist, you dumb shit.

they really dont get how changing things big or simply throwing shit to wall to see what sticks does not really work. but more likely they do this deliberately to ruin star wars for what ever jew reason

Well, he isn't exactly infantry material

aren;t there is kotor movie incoming?

thet so bustp to be ona

A script for one is in the works, but it's also said that they have a lot of scripts being worked on right now that may or may not ever become movies

But yeah they're probably going to do KOTOR eventually

Dabid & dabid are probably going to work on them which means your precious memories will be raped publicly

Nah, the KOTOR script is separate from D&D's project surprisingly

I was certain they were going to be the ones to do it

>You know the most iconic weapon ever created in the history of cinema? Yeah we are moving away from that.

Let them dig their grave, let's see how deep down they go

Attached: luke-skywalker-lightsaber-accessory.jpg (1750x2500, 198K)

They did. You’re just in denial about it. The MCU is fundamentally no different than how they’ve treated Star Wars, right down to breaking a key mechanic pivotal to the setting. With Star Wars, it was Hyperspace; with the MCU, it’s time travel. Literally the only reason you either haven’t noticed or continue making excuses for it is blind brand loyalty and marketing bullshit.

I want d&d the one to fuck Kotor up. With the shitshow they made, it'll be an entertaining wreck compared to a boring one.

>upside-down Ks on each epaulet
>yfw Kathleen Kennedy was the Vong this whole time

The Jedi aren't the heart of the story. The Force is, and doesn't belong to anyone

>board meeting
>"So this Old Republic thing is just what it sounds like right? Like the Republic from the prequels but ancient?"
>yeah, it's about 3 or 4 thousand years before the movies
>"So it's like medieval star wars?"
>well, no not exa-
>"Get me the Game of Thrones guys they do medieval shit"

Get laid

Yeah let's make a movie about a bunch of people who are force sensitive but don't use it for anything and just sit around meditating about the force all day

>JJ steals from another movie

Wow shocking, did you know that grass is green? Wow shocking

>The Jedi aren't the heart of the story.
they absolutely 100% are

It is a story about the fall of a Jedi who is redeemed by his son who trains with two Jedi to become a Jedi

Kreia would fucking despise Rey. She’s everything Kreia stands against. Hearing her lambast OT Luke would be kino, though.

Kreia is a shitty character.

As much as i want to see them crash and burn i think the pain of having my kotor movie crushed is too much

t.brainlet

Except, like the retards they are, Disney already stated that the prophecy did come true. In one of the art books they make a point to say Kylo and Snoke are not sith and their existence does not contradict the prophecy. Despite the fact that the only apparent difference between them and the sith is that they dropped the Darth naming convention.

The real question is, can they possibly demean Hux even more?

>ancient prophecy passed down for thousands of years speaking of the one who will bring balance to the force
>fast forward to TLJ
>luke says "And there was balance...for a time"
yeah like 20 years
I guess the prophecy never did say it would last but man it feels stupid

>Palpatine just fucking comes back
so literally nothing from the first 6 movies mattered

Will SW just turn into a postmodern cyberpunk franchise then? A vehicle for political messaging?

>you can't do star wars without lighstabers!
I feel confident that in the right hands you could have a decent stand-alone movie about Space Pirates

Attached: Sidon_Ithano_CT.png (512x741, 584K)

The EU had the same problem. Anakin being a "Chosen One" was always stupid, but it looks even more stupid when you consider that Anakin *was* a Sith for about the same amount of time as he helped keep shit in balance by destroying them. Some prophecy.

PRETZELS LIE. THEY MANIPULATE. THEY TEMPT YOU WITH HUNGER, BUT BRING YOU THE SUFFERING OF THIRST.

It would be interesting if there were different schools of thought based around the force and the Jedi/Sith just so happen to be one of them. You could also make it so that there are offshoot branches of both the Jedi and Sith.
You know, anything to make Star Wars more than nice blue guys and evil red guys

Also how can Anakin be the chosen one who destroyed the Sith if he actually didn't?

Palpatine is still around and he's getting a new body. Vader just kicked the can down the fucking road to Rey and his grandson.

Calling it now: they’re gonna have Rey become so powerful and wise that she decides to “kill” the Force.

everybody seems to think Rise of Skywalker means the new order of force users will be called Skywalkers

I've got something worse
Rey doesn't have a last name
Ghost-luke will name her an honorary Skywalker

>tfw They make it so that the prophecy was referring to Rey the whole time, and the council misidentified Anakin by mistake

Attached: Unfair.jpg (474x502, 43K)

>you will never see Kreia appear as a Force Ghost to tear into Rey Sue only to get called an incel fanboy manbaby

>Vanity Fair blowout reveal

Do all the fucking fans of Star Wars read Vanity Fair now? Who the fuck is this aimed at?

No lightsabres, sith or jedi? When you thought it could get any worse. The should just retcon the whole original series and say Luke was a trans faggot or something.

>Hearing her lambast OT Luke would be kino, though.
How do you figure?

You can definitely do those things, but I guarantee Disney won’t. A company like that needs it’s iconography. They’ll never ditch lightsabers or Star Destroyers or AT-STs

They're all in cahoots to boost each other's profits
Hollywood is a giant corporate ring now

You could say the were subverted

>I lived to see a time where Rocket fucking Raccoon has become a household name and is arguably more popular than every new star wars character combined
You guys ever think about how weird this all turned out

With an underlying story that matches, yes. The story is as old as time and will always be relevant. Your lack of faith is disturbing.

Because Luke was free from the dogma of a Jedi Council and never experienced a war against the Sith. That baggage isn’t there, as it was for force users in her era. So she’d say an opportunity, perhaps greater than what she saw in the Exile. However, Luke is hopelessly idealistic, naive, and heroic, all things she dislikes. Not only that, as the OT goes on Luke becomes more dark and willing to toe the line, before he ultimately finds his resolve in the throne room. It’s pretty much the perfect place for a cynical bitch like Kreia to be.

Because luke, even though he goes against the traditional old jedi model still falls back into the jedi ways.

they've uprooted the entire concept of star wars to suit Disney and are now parading around its corpse. It's all over, it was over with the reboot.

They didn't get fans of the original series, they didn't get good directors (they got some faggot wannabe feminist), the dick smoker JJ does millennial soup reboots of classic series but he ultimately guts it and leaves the corpse hanging, fuck JJ.

>nu star wars fans think KOTOR 2 is bad
yikes

>nu star wars fans think KOTOR 2 is bad
What? Who says this? The only criticism i ever heard about is the bugs, missing content and some story shit like kreia being an authors voice

literally explains it in an opening scene. Which has more nuance and Ben lying to Luke about his father.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wneb2IOp-wM

how can you already subvert expectations when your movie hasnt even come out yet?

And then peaces out like a bitch when something goes wrong

Any of the modern sith are all fallen jedi. Their reasons for becoming evil are what motivates them. Fuck, any of the recent series shouldn't have reinvented the wheel, but created an out of universe threat that required the rebirth of the Jedi or that Luke Skywalker must be found.

The whole puppet Nazi shit and feminist BS, with avengers wisecracks is fucking dumb.

onion wars.

FFS if that's true it's retarded beyond description.
It will kill the most popular aspect of their franchise.
Don't they have toys, video games and theme park tickets to sell?

>tfw wills microcosmos kino never, ever

Attached: 1553193843473.jpg (526x701, 50K)

>Rise of the Skywalker
nice typo in your first paragraph

Star Wars is space fantasy. Space fantasy needs space magic.

Jedi don't need to be the focus and you could easily have hundreds of stories without them at all, but removing them completely is idiotic.

Attached: 1460257565588.png (450x416, 207K)

He looks like something out of Farscape.

I wonder how much value of the older collectables Disney has ruined by killing off Star Wars?

Also, is anyone here actually looking forward to this? Who wants this movie?

I'm looking forward to everybody shitting on it

He's not wrong. People can easily play blacks or indians in RPG games but playing a girl always raises eyebrows.

Attached: 5668c7240b0fc9444da08815f6662901.jpg (1207x1111, 333K)

>Star Wars
>sci fi
retard
It’s just fantasy with lasers and robots in space
Read some books nigger

Plenty of Asian countries had trap/tranny subcultures long before they ever interacted with the West. Look at Thailand or Japan. It's absolutely true that until recently femininity in the west was completely unacceptable in boys.

Attached: it's_a_guy.jpg (1900x2030, 1.14M)

I'm looking forward to resident youtube autistis making a 27 hour long, eight part dissection of the movie.

It's not bad but incredibly overrated. Only people who really loved it are people who hated normal Star Wars.

Mauler is fucking based

Looks like Rian will make them

>D&D trilogy
>Rian Johnson trilogy
>KOTOR trilogy
not everything has to be a fucking trilogy

This but unironically

Kyle was never a grey jedi you absolute fucking pleb.

>like star wars
>create a universe with literally nothing that resembles star wars
bruh I hate to break it to you, but thats not star wars....that a completely different concept all together and there are many of those sci-fi universes around.

Then you're just left with Farscape.
Minus the sex appeal.

Could be kino if done right

>No more lightsabers
>No more The Force
>Avoid showing spaceships and blasters
>Get a comfy politics show in an alien planet

But TLJ had Rey going "straight to the dark" when she was training with Luke. Is Luke wrong about this too?