Will trek kino finally return?

youtube.com/watch?v=eA-GJNebJj0

will trek kino finally return?

Attached: firefox_rWsEWTLLfe.png (1279x537, 735K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i4FGvMdhG80
youtube.com/watch?v=uRZAzq1P27E
youtu.be/LXhfG9DOfBU?t=137
memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Kelvan
imdb.com/name/nm0242257/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>admiral
>implying Picard let them promote him to a desk

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope

it's gonna start exactly like the wrath of khan, i'll bet you a million dollars.

He's too old now, it's gonna be boring as shit

Picard at a desk for 50 mins trawling captains log reviews will be far superior than STD

wtf why did they cast an old asian man to play picard?

he's 78, yes that's old, but he's playing a captain (or admiral?), there have been older actors who have done great roles, like christopher lee as saruman. what he does really won't change, and patrick stewart is a healthy looking man.

What caused him to retire? Dominion War stuff? Something that happened later?

I'm willing to bet it was something to do with the Borg

Attached: stewart-doesnt-age.jpg (961x477, 70K)

shameless

I LOVE WATCHING GERIATRIC ACTORS REPRISE ROLES FROM 30 YEARS AGO

I LOVE WATCHING FAMOUS SHOWS FILTERED THROUGH A FINE MESH SCREEN OF MODERN MORALS AND CORPORATE WRITERS

KINOKINOKINOKINOKINOKINOKINOKINO

Attached: 7a2.jpg (960x540, 107K)

the same borg that Janeway fucked?

Reminder that this future vision of a utopian new world economy would only be attainable if the Jewish gene no longer existed.

In the final season of TNG, all of the Alpha quadrant races, even those faggot Romulans, agreed to stop exceeding Warp 5 because doing so was destroying the space environment.

Then DS9 happened and people kept going at Warp 9.99999 and shit

Picard had finally had enough of the anti-environment bastards

So they are following the future Picard gets into in the episode All Good Things...?

I just want more TOS. Watched all of TOS, TAS, and the movies. Where should I go next? Fan shows? Phase II? Continues?

youtube.com/watch?v=i4FGvMdhG80

no. It's just the cheapest setting they could use for thier cashgrab.

Watch it all you Trekkie nerd

Attached: Medical Slap.webm (960x720, 2.52M)

No. Its made by the same people that made STD and it is on their halfway license making it semi canon. TNG never really happened it this universe. I think it will be like the last jedi.

Attached: 1457044780192.jpg (600x608, 58K)

TNG sucks though. I can't get into it like TOS.

I assume all his efforts at romulan/Vulcan reunification being wasted when their home planets died

Reboot films, Enterprise then Discovery if you like the retro era.

I dunno man, he looks pretty dang old in the trailer
his eyes have lost their luster and the expression on his face makes it looks like he's about to drop dead at any moment.

Who cares about Space Brexit? All I want is to see the return of NiggerJesus and the Breen

STAR TREK IS GAY

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Season 1 is shit, there are some great eps, TOS is largely dogshit so I'm not sure how you find the transition hard

I've been going to 1701 for years and every single time I open the tab there's always THAT guy making cringe comments over and over. It's like he's an alien entity that has power over the mods and they're afraid of him or something. Last time I was there he was literally making shitting sounds and adding bizarre commentary from the episode being shown. Don't get me started on the in-jokes these people have, calling keiko cakehole and changing the cast's names and whatever. I honestly couldn't give a shit about any of it up until I had to endure what was the end of every couple of episodes where they shoehorn some heavily edited video their local tranny "musician" made with absolutely TERRIBLE music, it's like breakbeat but made by someone with no skill or training, 4minutes+ of this shit the fucking cringe man, and they have multiple videos of this shit going on. At least in the past you could just go through the list they had on display and watch whatever ep you wanted while the group watched VOYAGER but they even hid that the absolute fucks. Don't even bother to want to watch some trek on the weekend there because it's movie weekend, or MOOBIES like these dweebs like to call it. Last time I saw them actually stream a trek movie was the first time these fucks shoehorned this shit as an excuse to watch movies aka fucking forever ago. And you can't even try to connect with these people because you're basically held hostage to sit and listen to them drone on about unfunny stupid shit 90% of the time, their daily boring routine lives or their shitty jobs for hours and hours. Absolutely horrible congregation of cringe.

Stewart is too damn expensive for a streaming show. He either has to die Ned Stark style or he's going to suck all $$$ out of the production budget.

>patrick stewart is a healthy looking man.
What? He looks like a waxwork.

have sex

YOU'RE GAY

Attached: Blatant Poofery On DS9.png (987x765, 841K)

>people are talking about trek again. Better start my janny protected flooding.

It's not flooding. It's criticism of a bullshit trek clique.

youtube.com/watch?v=uRZAzq1P27E

I fucking love Quark

>I'm willing to bet it was something to do with the Borg
That'd be lame if that was the case. It's not as if he was raped.

You do realize that admirals are considered flag officers, right? And flag officers do what user?

They command flagships.

Admirals in Starfleet are arrogant desk nerds with lots of rank but no authority

LOCUTUS IN EXTREMIS

I fucking love Damar

If you see Patrick Stewarts twitter he's pro refugee and owns a pitbull. And he signed off on the script/had influence on it.
The trailer implied that he captain'd an armada to rescue survivors of the Romulan homeworld blowing up and came across a situation where the Vulcans let a bunch of survivors die because they didn't wan't to let them in.

>Admirals in Starfleet are arrogant desk nerds with lots of rank but no authority
I've always had my own headcannon that the reason why admirals tend to flip out is because they overdose on redpills fed to them by Section 31, maybe that's Picard's problem.

Attached: 1551478816212.jpg (600x518, 61K)

quark is pretty based

Some of them are, sure. But there are several instances in the series of them commanding fleets in combat.

I'm so excited.

Attached: JUST FUCK MY LEGACY UP.png (2560x1066, 405K)

The trial never ended, mon capitan.

Attached: latest.jpg (694x530, 80K)

>nigress voice

nah, pass

Attached: 1558649125181.png (2560x1066, 533K)

Such as?

No admiral has ever been based

if you look old and busted even when you're young, you never have to get old

Attached: angelalansbury_medium.png (600x338, 373K)

I'm not looking forward to it. I can't think of a reboot that succeeded past the novelty phase.

Attached: 122604.png (252x583, 109K)

romulus was destroyed and a ton of other worlds too when the hobus star exploded which created the kelvin timeline

I keep asking when they're going to put me in a new show, but nothing ever happens.

Love me some Angela Lansbury. Like the Grandmother I never had.

I never really liked Star Wars.

did she get turned on when he slapped her?

>set in the new timeline
>nothing to do with old star trek
>from the STD people
>in production but already kicked off one network
Its great hes making a comeback and all, but since hes playing a new character,a "new" Pickard why the fuck they hyping him up?

Also how the fuck are they supposed to make it this year?
Filming didnt start yet and they are releasing later this year? Fucking how.
This will be a rushed mess.

is this a fucking wine commercial or a movie

She was nearly 40 in that image. Not the best ageing a woman's experienced, but you've obviously never seen her when she wasn't middle aged.

Attached: angelaLans6.jpg (388x540, 77K)

I hate everything about this trailer.

Quads confirm that it's going to be an utterly atrocious affront to the entirety of the Picard character from beginning to end and there is NOTHING, that's right - NOTHING - that you or ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE ... will ever... EVER do about it. So help me Q!

Attached: Q_as_Marine.png (828x725, 521K)

No.

There's nothing more cringe than someone who likes Star Trek.

Looks like an old lady, what's your point exactly?

Blessed image

Someone who likes Star Wars.
Check.

If you didn't immediately fully understand the vineyard, you're a nutrek degenerate tranny who needs to go back.

looks like more JJ trek
>BLOOM AND BTFO LIGHT.. CHECK
>LENSE FLAIRS... CHECK

i want it to be good but that trailer has me worried

>like statues
Always makes me smile.

Nice shitpost

That's 40? Holy fuck didn't they have vitamins back then? bish looks 60

There have been magazine articles about it with charts to back it up and everything; literally been playing old ladies for 60 years

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 4.32.18 PM.png (857x750, 202K)

I’m sorry, who’s the poster child for soibois of 2019? A Star Trek fan?

Attached: 0BD28F98-69DE-428B-8521-4F8AF26C341E.jpg (1206x666, 77K)

Star Trek got STD and died

Doesn't matter, he has the gay.

>"Not you again Q! Hey uh, Q, why do you look a lot older now? Aren't you immortal?"

Q is clearly a homosexual.

Attached: BWAHHH.gif (291x395, 790K)

>You've aged quite a bit so I thought I'd do the same so your feeble mind wouldn't be so shocked

She looks her age in this film.

Attached: angela-lansbury-gaslight-1944.jpg (800x400, 56K)

>will trek kino finally return?

Pic related. NO.

Attached: pika.jpg (2468x3040, 1.38M)

Faggots who still watch a dead franchise and get excited for a space adventure series starring a geriatric five minutes away from dying. Star Trek is dead. Only turbo autists still care because for them Trek isn't just a show but an identity. Hell, even furries can at least have fun with their hobby, but Trek fans will only ever be miserable, lonely bitches on the internet.
There is nothing more pathetic or basic than a Trek fan.

would fug

no, they’ve given me no hope whatsoever based on everything they’ve done recently

why'n't you save her bros?

Attached: sitojaxa.png (151x161, 25K)

Technology has a solution to this problem.

Attached: nicolas cage.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Why do you assume all Star Trek fans are excited for this series? I’m certainly not.
Most Star Trek fans don’t eat up everything that’s shit in their mouths, unlike Star Wars fans who opened their arms to garbage like TFA and Rebels.

>hey Q, I saw you in my little pony, great job with discord btw, he's my favorite character.

Q has kids

>Q has kids
>kids

You. Are. GAY

Attached: Q2.jpg (705x530, 87K)

Man of Steel is so criminally underrated.

all good things must come to an end

all profitable things must make a return

You're here talking about it, aren't you? Stop acting like you're any better than capeshit fags, got fags, or star wars fans. You're just as irrelevant as they are.

The Bagoyim, I mean Bajoran scum were so easily duped by just one Cardy. The advantage is clear.

Attached: Bajoran Goyim Accept Dukat's Love.png (720x547, 441K)

TOS is so bland and the characters don't really play off of each other like they do in the other series.

hes right though youre all lower life forms.

once you hit max level, you stop leveling

Attached: PICARD LOL.jpg (320x320, 16K)

>youtu.be/LXhfG9DOfBU?t=137

At 2:17, the sound of Marc Alaimo w/o the voice effect during the S1 episode where his aliens and the Reptilians are fighting on the fifth deck.

Attached: DukatDisguisedAsSelayan.jpg (878x927, 101K)

The Enterprise D can only go warp 9.65 dumbass.

This is the face of a man looking at the horror of Trump's America.

Attached: Sir Patrick Stewart eating pizza wrong 1440789131814.jpg (1536x2048, 273K)

Why are people worried?
They're bringing back a classic character.
What could possibly go wrong?

Attached: luke face 1514094437718.jpg (1200x800, 122K)

based sir patrick.

Attached: captain picard earl grey.jpg (1024x2048, 394K)

tfw your crew burns the scared Federation texts

Attached: jean-luc-picard-earl-grey-hot-417852542181.jpg (600x473, 27K)

Looks like Nicole Kidman in the thumbnail, and actually when full size too lmao.

Certain types of pizza, like chicago style, are easier to eat with a knife and fork.

You're legally faceblind

Attached: nicole_kidman_photo_stuart_c_wilson_getty_images_693045658_profile.jpg (300x300, 12K)

thats because chicago styles are casseroles

>implying that a being who can change form and the very fabric of reality can be labeled as any form of human sexuality

Attached: Star Trek Q-in-law.jpg (284x475, 36K)

It's pizza pie. PIE! Do you eat pie with your hands?

>the horror of Trump's America
oh god oh hurf a mean twitter account the horror

not to mention that Italians in Italy eat it with a fork

also
Chicago style pizza isn't even pizza. It's a bread encased casserole. It is also an abomination.

Attached: picard NOOOOOO .jpg (555x353, 15K)

That's Angela Lansbury stop fucking with me.

I'm not, this teaser looked bad besides the cinemetography. I am at absolute 0 level of hype. So I can not get dissapointed at all. If it sucks I just won't watch it and pretend it doesn't exists. I still haven't eatched the final episode of season 2 discovery cause I just don't even care to. I don't even know what was going on in the final episodes with michaels mom, she went into the future to fuck up the timeline is all I can summize. It is like fake consequences cause her mom is retarded and caused it all.

Speculate as to what the shit the black chick (you can just tell she's black) says in the trailer to Picard is...

"15 years ago you led the biggest rescue armada in history"... or whatever.

What's she talking about?

>help I can't understand tv shows
your average trekkie, everybody

probably Romulus and other planets getting supernova'd from the JJ Abrams reboot plot

Y'all Im so going to watch this!!! Im gonna have so much fun unpacking every episode

>The Admiral who lead the defense of Wolf 359
>The Admiral who was in charge of the Federation offensive in DS9
>The Admiral who died saving the Vulcan Senator in Enterprise
>Admiral Robocop

granted it isn't a great sign that I didn't remember any of their names, but the point still stands there have been some based Admirals

Q fucks anything because they are in fact everything

Don't lie, you're going to come here and bitch about it for months

Why can't they just leave him alone.

Attached: star trek the next generation 20th annivesary.webm (1920x800, 2.94M)

>cbs
oh boy cant wait to see how woke this one will be

where? the green text written by nobody?

we already know, the setting is a refugee crisis post Abrams TNG timeline

They do turn out to be evil a lot. Also isn't Bones in his cameo supposed to be 150 years old or some crazy shit like that? Retirement in your 70s makes you a real slacker, let me guess Picard has "space PTSD" that's why he retires.

I'm glad Sir Patrick is so respected that everyone forgot that time he spilled autism spaghetti all over an award show

my pumpkin pie is so good you can easily pick it up and eat it with your hand

Neither him nor James Corden came out of that looking good so people just forgot about it.

What's it like being this wrong?

Wouldn't the Romulus supernova have happened longer than "15 years ago". And even if it is that... why would he be in command of the "biggest rescue ever"? Rescuing who? Wouldn't they have all been mostly blown up by the supernova long before Picard was anywhere near Romulus?

>planet blown up
>refugee crisis
where are the refugees coming from if the planet is blown up?

maybe the outskirts of the huge as shit blast caused awful conditions on planets but didn't completely destroy them

Considering the behavior of her species, yeah probably.

The Empire wasn't just Romulus, it was a fucking intergalactic empire, apparently without the central planet it all went to shit

I'm more concerned about how shitty that pizza is than his eating it with table ware.

This picture reminds me that people back in the day had dumb beauty standards. Feminine beauty in that era was strongly associated with neotenic features. The woman in that pic does not have a very pretty face, but she does have a round face with full cheeks and big eyes, which is enough to qualify as beautiful by the standards of her time.

I liked red letter medias idea about what the show should be bit I have no faith that anyone still involved in star trek could make anything decent.

looks like pepperoni and mushroom

>intergalactic empire
There is only one intergalactic species named in all of star trek and it aint romulans
memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Kelvan

stop being an autist, you know what I meant

Trips confirm. That guy's an autist, and nobody, not NObody, can change THAT! FACT!!!

CAPTAIN
JEAN-LUC PICARD
OF THE USS
ENTERPRISE

>stop being an autist
Dude, words have meaning. Intergalactic quite literally means between galaxies. If we were ltierally writing a script for the show now it would've been neglectful of me not to comment

>Y'all Im so going to watch this!!! Im gonna have so much fun unpacking every episode

Attached: DukatAMA.png (522x484, 342K)

They made up some excuse that Voyager's folding nacelles somehow negated the damage because everyone knew the speed limit was fucking stupid.

Dumb post. Besides, she was never considered a particularly beautiful actress.

Attached: Jane Fonda.jpg (678x840, 42K)

Admirals command fleets not ships and it seems the Admirals only have occasion to take command of fleets in the field during the Dominion war.

Arm in hammer, procter&gamble. and others are lining up for this wonederful showing!

Attached: retardation mechanism.jpg (1600x1600, 185K)

Captain and Admiral vs Demigod wizard. Different scales user. They would've forced Picard to retire at 65 if not earlier.

This.
Star Trek utopia future requires a eugenics war and world war 3. Lots of killing required first.

you clearly know nothing about star trek if you think they'd force a starfleet admiral to retire at 65, the average age of a human in star trek is over 100 and longer in many circumstances, mccoy was 137 years old in the TNG pilot.

she sold her 13 year old daughter to Charles Manson

15 years ago you led us out of the darkness (nemisis)
led the biggest rescue armada (evacuating Romulus)
then the unthinkable happened (JJ trek)

he quit cause spock fucked up and dissapeared?

>tfw you realize patrick steward has said it's basically like the movie "Logan" for Picard, in that he's going to hand over the captain mantle over to a young strong independent black woman (who need no man) who is the narrator in the trailer

You know this is true, you're just in denial about it

logan and picard are pretty much the same character at this point.

Picard is going to die. Stewart knows he's not long for this world and he wants to give Picard an onscreen death.

No. They think because the original had some progressive ideas for the era means that they are licensed to go full SJW. I am fine with some subtle Lefty shit but it will be Kapernick, Dunham levels of dementia.

Yeah, like they didn't just pull that stunt with McCoy to get Kelley onto TNG to try to get people to watch the show. Outside of McCoy, there was Mark Jameson from Too Short a Season, who was 85 (and a cripple). Anyone else? Ignoring alien races and shit STD.

Fuck right off Zoomer faggot, you had your shot with STD and fucked it up, now move over and watch how it's done

listening to the trailer again, looking up imdb cast and listening to the actresses in interviews the trailer voice sounds like Michelle Hurd

You sounds like a a racist to me

Attached: Brother Benny trying to interpret Sci-Fi.png (720x541, 553K)

in enterprise there's a quote saying average lifespan in 22nd century was 100 years

>Guards... BAN this poster!

Attached: alex-kurtzman-3.jpg (446x299, 45K)

Well the narrator is a tv actor so you might be right.

Attached: Gina Torres Jim Spellman.jpg (1920x1080, 880K)

>You sounds like a a racist

Attached: anon typing.jpg (852x480, 37K)

>Inb4 Michael Burnham

Why can't they just do a TNG like show in the post Voyager homecoming world why is this so hard? I don't want "handing off to token characters" I don't want JJ Abrams slick effects just make new TNG episodes thats all. Make one episode where Q summons all the major captains from all the shows to solve a big problem then I don't care anymore what they do.

Gina Torres is great though

shes not white though

>trailer starts with piano note

Attached: 1444921209381.png (400x389, 48K)

oh my god

Attached: th85olhqucg01.jpg (418x420, 24K)

Look close her face looks like Nicolas cage

looks like shit

He looks only 10 years older, incel

Attached: Former_Starfleet_Captain.gif (233x350, 732K)

>TOS is so bland and the characters don't really play off of each other like they do in the other series.

Attached: McMahon _Yeah_Okay_Pal_.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

trying too hard. people in the past weren't retarded, there were plenty of actually beautiful people then and people knew it.

Wait, are you implying that there are some people who DON'T use a knife and fork to eat pizza? Some kind of animals? Two-legged beasts from the forbidden jungles of darkest Africa, where the natives dare not tread?

When does the Brent Spiner spin off show start?

>watch the same people make another STD while ruining an esteemed character

no I'll not watch it and shit post about it thanks

>>tfw you realize patrick steward has said it's basically like the movie "Logan" for Picard, in that he's going to hand over the captain mantle over to a young strong independent black woman (who need no man) who is the narrator in the trailer

This sounds like exactly the sort of thing they'd do. Just use peoples' residual love for Picard as a way to try and "force" people to like some new shitty character nobody asked for. "Your surrogate grampy said she's cool, so now you must watch her solo series! What do you mean you won't, what do you mean it's already canceled oh no"

Roddenberry was unironically based and redpilled.

And yeah, he more or less stated point blank, repeatedly, that the only way humanity evolves into the humanity that founds and sustains the Federation is through a massive 3rd world die-off after WWIII and worldwide ecological catastrophe combine to make the entirety of the 21st century a horrific Mad Max-like existence that in turn provided the evolutionary pressure to kill off all low-IQ folks and such.

Actually refute the statement though. I bet you can't

cringe

Wasn't Earth in The Motion Picture going to be a nudist colony?

It's going to suck, same faggots from STD and same license agreement that everything is approx. 25% different.

I hope it burns and CBS learns it's lesson.

Star Trek is fucking gay

I think you were thinking about the planet Delta whatever where Lt. Ilia was from that was basically Risa and Betazed thrown in a blender and a continuous psychic nudist tantric orgy.

TMP was so far ahead of all other Trek that it isn't even funny. That shit was like the trippiest Soviet art sci-fi film you could think of, but cranked up to 11.

Attached: 7 Wink.gif (576x432, 2.72M)

Yeah but it's in the future, so all the changes to comply with the 25% rule will be much, much less offensive.

Remember that in the TOS continuity, both the new look for TMP with the Refit, etc, as well as the TWOK soft reboot's very different red naval uniform look were meant to have taken place barely 10 years after TOS. The canon had already been shot to hell before Patrick Stewart even stepped on set to film the TNG pilot.

After seeing STD try, at least, to address the S1 criticisms and practically soft reboot itself for S2, and after seeing the leaked set photos of the early DS9/Generations/VOY-looking uniforms, I actually have some hope for this show. PTSD Picard was always the best Picard, and if this turns into "Family+The Inner Light+All Good Things+Generations+First Contact thrown into a blender", I'll be OK with it.

star trek for fagots for fagots who wish outer space was real but instead flat earth has already been proven real so they are mad and are backing bad sci-fi now because of it

Attached: SOYAGER FRIENDS UNITE.png (245x350, 154K)

trek fags all have autism

>canon had already been shot to hell
You're def not wrong, the whole Borg Queen from the movie to Voyegur was inconsistent as fuck. I hope it's good but with STD showrunners backing it, I'm not.

GOT threads that way ===>>

There are two possibilities here
A) You're just shitposting
B) You actually believe this and are just shitposting
Either way, you're retarded.

This is what autistic trek niggers actually believe

>BASEDAGER

Attached: Well-helloooo.png (576x432, 246K)

Abrams-Trek movies work pretty good if you just watch Star Trek and Star Trek Beyond. I like to pretend they're just prequels.

I remember reading it was in the novelization.

PIcard patrolling the galaxy for fucking white male sex abusers.
Can't wait.

her character is a slut in this, too

>I LOVE WATCHING GERIATRIC ACTORS REPRISE ROLES FROM 30 YEARS AGO

no surprise a geriatric actor is 10 times better than some millennial actor.

LEONARD "Wear" THEISS
AL "I peddle" SMUTKO

Picard travels to the Delta quadrant to recruit Neelix and the Talaxians to lead a cunny rebellion against the Federation.

Attached: 1098547075.jpg (690x525, 246K)

neel a good boy . he aint do nuffin!a

Attached: Spitting_Neelix.png (500x375, 172K)

star trek fans are so weird. like the fan videos and the editing with the music like im baffled that some of these people are capable funcitioning adults

why does this guy look like a gook? are these bong genes?

Functioning is a bit of a reach. It's more like they "exist."

Why do you always post some comment proving time and time again that you're face blind?

he covered up his horrific face in old age like a self conscious pockmarked asian.

>serialized drama garbage
yawn. not even Patrick Stewart could make this nuTelevision faux sci-fi trash watchable.

They usually do.

same

Attached: 1558594724178.jpg (564x561, 42K)

Attached: 1558653018377.jpg (745x559, 154K)

Ok. But that doesn't say anything about retirement age. What evidence is there to support that they don't typically retire between 60 and 70, and then enjoy 30-40 years of retirement, working in their vineyards and spending time with grandchildren and great-grandchildren?
Barring McCoy and Jameson I haven't heard any other examples of older star fleet staff. Also if you go further, look at the age of the actors (excluding Kelley and the Jameson actor who was a younger male in old man makeup) who were portraying admirals. They're all 50-65. They played their age.

Trekkies are the most heavily persecuted group in the history of the planet, followed by Jews.

Holy shit the meme is coming true. They really are going to fuck the last male iconic space hero over, in order to make the new MeToo female STD characters seem not so shitty in comparison. . Was destroying his legacy part of the plan?

Attached: 1547156964412.png (627x543, 330K)

>Trekkies are the most heavily persecuted group in the history of the planet
You mean white males

user, Are you me? She was also the only original Beauty and the Beast cast member to disapprove of Emma Watson's shitty obvious cash grab remake.
>“I was a bit taken aback, naturally. I thought, ‘Why? Why are we doing this over again?’”
>“I don’t know why they’re doing it. But they are.
>“I can’t understand what they’re going to do with it that will be better than what we’ve already done.”
>I don’t blame them for doing it, but, I’m sorry, they’re not really on our territory."

Attached: 1488763167700.jpg (746x861, 166K)

>will trek kino finally return?

it never left

Imagine the old version of Kirk back in the 60's and being unable to predict how Kirk looked in the 1980's.

>Why can't they just do a TNG like show in the post Voyager homecoming world why is this so hard?

"Why don't they just make more of that shit that sucked ass and almost killed the franchise?"

I've loved Angela Lansbury since I was a kid. Love her even more now for going against whats popular, and speaking the truth. God Bless her.

Attached: Angela Best girl 4.jpg (843x869, 183K)

They didn't.. Oh you're trying to be funny. Kek! Upvoted.

Attached: thedeadlyyearshd1266.jpg (1436x1080, 296K)

>>Admiral Robocop
Marcus

also thats JJ Trek not really a good example

There are good Romulan episodes but no good Romulan stories, so using their destruction to tell a Picard story is the most interesting thing ever done with them pretty much ever.

>Not listing Nechayev

beyond is such a meme
darkness is better, not even shitting you, can write an essay

They did Khan better than WoK

>can write an essay
DO IT

Also Marcus was just an evil warmonger shithead like those admirals in Undiscovered Country.

His plan was worse than theirs too.

Please DO NOT troll, thank you.

Get back out there, Piccy, don't grow old like some boring old shit. You know what your old mate Q would say, don't you, Mon Capitan?

Patrick Stewart has always looked old. TNG was 30 years ago and he looked old in that.

After the unimaginable happened, Jean Luc never drove the Argo again

>set in the new timeline
But it can't be? Romulus didn't die in the new timeline, Vulcan did

I only post the truth.

Let me guess everyone from the old TNG crew is dead

>stop being an autist
>in a star trek thread
I'm so sorry.

>Come watch stories set in a world free from greed and capitalism.
>Pay us shekels to subscribe before you can watch it.

Troll level: Kosher

Unlikely. Almost the entire old crew had already gone their separate ways - it was only really Picard, Crusher and Geordi left on the Enterprise.

According to what

Some faggot he jerks off to on youtube, probably

Er, Nemesis, the latest point in the timeline until now?

Riker and Troi transferred to a different ship, Worf hadn't been part of the Enterprise's crew for years, Data died.

>I LOVE WATCHING FAMOUS SHOWS FILTERED THROUGH A FINE MESH SCREEN OF MODERN MORALS AND CORPORATE WRITERS
very well said

>Data died
What?
>Star Trek Nemesis
Oh... THAT.

Picard vs Dominion?

Are you stupid

wait when is capeshit trek canon?

>Star Trek does action
THIS IS NOT MY TREK!!!
>Star Trek does politics
THESE POLITICS TRIGGER ME!

Yea Forums trektards are the worst

bruh, Mississippi queen right there, if you know what I mean.

yes

Not that the (99% shitty) novels were ever really canon, but they did start filling in the post Nemesis era with a surprisingly cohesive and internally consistent story. They were "kinda-canon" in the sense that the prime timeline was pretty much abandoned. I guess they are going to nuke/Legends all that shit now.

How will they deal with the fact that Pluto is no longer a planet but was a planet in the future they showed us in TNG?

>I could explain but I won't
based

She taught me everything

Always? The destruction of Romulus happened in the real timeline.

The alternate timeline branches at the point where Old Spock goes back in time.

He never actually drank earl grey. All those mugs were filled with new coke

when was this ever said? also /trek/ isn't one person. Discovery has some interesting ideas at times, but some really shitty writing to execute some things.
Mudd time travel episode was good, the Ba'ul episode was good.

Probably wasn't just spock, but most likely something that came from the Romulus blowing up aftermath

Based Bones

>the Ba'ul episode was good
Bool?

Attached: Goold.jpg (700x393, 130K)

Hard to write a threat to the Federation when they've beaten the Dominion and now have Delta Quadrant and future tech.

underrated

So why keep doing that? Why not just make it about exploration. You know, strange new worlds and all that. Not everything has to always be a galactic menace.

From the narration I took it that Picard's rescue mission was at least initially successful at helping the Romulans or at least the Romulans see him that way, but something happened in the aftermath that drove Picard away from Starfleet.

If I remember right, one of the characters of the show was described as a young Romulan who is intensely loyal to Picard, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's some kind of situation where Starfleet balked at helping the Romulans against his wishes.

They need to go to The Foundation level. Set it 500-800 years further into the future. The Federation has declined due to a lack of external stimulus. They're in all parts of the galaxy, and it's heading to dying from institutional inertia and apathy. Technology is no longer created, just maintained and not really understood.

also underrated

why isnt anyone talking about this

>They need to go to The Foundation level. Set it 500-800 years further into the future. The Federation has declined due to a lack of external stimulus. They're in all parts of the galaxy, and it's heading to dying from institutional inertia and apathy. Technology is no longer created, just maintained and not really understood.

hey have you heard about what season 3 of Discovery is doing

>British Women get to a certain age and start aging at hyperspeed
>British Men get to a certain age and stop aging all together

Attached: 1329597013992.jpg (511x408, 40K)

Mom, why isn't anybody replying to my polshit post?

Because Michael Chabon is based, and the image was made by a dumbass /pol/tard who doesn't give a shit about Star Trek and only comes into /trek/ threads for the politics.

after what that guy messed up i dont think they had a choice, they either promote him to a token powerless admiral and get him out of space, or the federation would dissolve.

what did he mess up? well he i dont know every one of them dead.

no, it isn't. Get over it and learn to cope.

Which JoJo is this?

Kinda looks like Dadario.

>Why did you lose faith in Starfleet

Why can't Picard just retire in peace? He's old as shit now. Did Americans bother Dwight Eisenhower and ask him to go command the troops in Vietnam? Is Starfleet so understaffed that no one can replace Picard?

Well, user, it's a very enlightened, progressive future where anyone can be anything. If Pluto says it's a planet, it's a planet, and you need to respect that.

I thought everyone just kinda forgot it like a soft retcon out of existence

The only way for the Federation to decline this way is if humanity refuses to evolve/ascend as was hinted to what was going on with Wesley in TNG

Maybe Romulans wanted to join the feds but the feds denied them or something and that caused some deaths

I see it, you're right

Maybe they need him because he's the only one the Romulans or someone will listen to

Picard had passed the chance to join admiralty because he wanted to stay the captain of a ship

Well, his clone did rape their senate, after all...

And he killed him and then prob saved a bunch of Romulans when the planet exploded if we go by what the trailer might imply

Picard's just getting the chance to make a difference one last time

Attached: captain-kirk-death-generations.jpg (1000x600, 110K)

What a fucking waste of Kirk

>I always thought I'd die on the bridge. I never dreamed I'd die... UNDER a bridge! *cough cough hack sputter*

>bridge...on....thecaptain

But he died on a bridge

>he used to be on a bridge
>now a bridge is on him

Robert and Rene dying in that fire broke him

I have not. But seeing as how it takes place before TOS I'm not sure what exactly they'd be able to pull off, even if it's an alternate timeline.
Well even TNG has some contradictory issues. Wesley is seen at Riker's wedding in a starfleet uniform at the start of Nemesis. So I guess him quitting Star Fleet and telling Picard to go fuck himself didn't last long. If you choose to include VOY and ENT, by the 29th century that had timeships that can travel through time as easily as space. That sounds like they painted themselves into a corner, but it does mean they've essentially done it all and is a good place to start a decline. Braga's obsession with time travel really screwed the pooch in a number of ways.

Attached: Riker-Troi_wedding.jpg (1920x816, 343K)

The Discovery is now in the year 3188, of the main timeline.

For reference Picard is in 2398.

>Wesley in Starfleet uniform
Stolen valor

>Troi not in her dress uniform

What the fuck is her problem

She broke starfleet regulations for years wearing her skintight jumpsuits. Why stop?

Wow. Same cast?
Throw him in the brig.
Good point. Dr Crusher is in hers. At least Troi isn't in white.

At some point an interim captain told her to stop that shit.

it's her wedding you autist

Based Jellico

Wait he was actually in a movie

Yes. He's only seen in the wide shots, but he did film some scenes that were ultimately cut.

cucked forever

It's not Gina Torres, it's this actress (confirmed via twitter): imdb.com/name/nm0242257/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Same ship and cast, they went to the 31st century permanently

Starfleet thinks the ship was destroyed with all hands aboard, so history records the Discovery as an experimental ship destroyed by it's drive system and the people who know the truth are sworn to secrecy not to reveal otherwise.

Well how about that. They finally took an actual creative risk. Shame it took them 2 seasons to do it.

Same cast minus Ash Tyler, L'Rell, and the Enterprise crew (for obvious reasons). Discovery went through a wormhole to the future at the end of season 2 to prevent a rogue AI from attaining sentience and committing galactic genocide (which they had been informed it would do by a traveler from the same future).

It's made by the same people behind STD. It's not going to be good.

Series like Discovery and even The Orville have basically no rewatch potential. They have too few episodes and everything is far too serialized. DS9 got away with because in between the continuing plots were many episodes of contained stories. The Orville has self-contained stories in addition to its relatively lighter serialization compared to Discovery, but too few episodes to truly be rewatchable. Discovery is completely devoid of rewatch potential, even if you ignore how bad it is, because it's 100% serialized.

I think it will be quite good actually, as STD itself is pretty good.

who the FUCK wants to see a movie about an old man

The plot is a joke. Only a zoomer with a 1 episode attention span could take it seriously.

Why is there a nigger?

Ask your mom.

>rogue AI from attaining sentience and committing galactic genocide

Attached: 1552963193328.jpg (600x600, 53K)

Discovery obtained an ancient alien's archive of knowledge, which itself turned out to have a lot level of sentience, and it merged with the ships computer core beyond a point where it could be removed.

That knowledge there was inevitably leading to a hostile AI becoming sentient, which it why they jumped the ship forward in time. There wasn't anywhere they could hide which would avert an extinction level event, so they hid the ship *when* instead.

The main antagonist of the season was "Control". It was an AI developed by Section 31 and used by Starfleet's admiralty to assist in decision-making by assessing a given scenario and calculating the best course of action based on statistics and probabilities.
S31 fucked up by allowing the AI to learn and develop original ideas to respond to Starfleet's input. At some point it learned and understood the concept of its own limited intelligence, and in order to fulfill its prime directive it decided that it needed to find a way around those limits.
Around that time, Discovery encountered a mysterious probe (likely an Iconian artifact though not named as such) that house a library of thousands of years of knowledge of a now-extinct advanced civilization, including data on sentient AI. Control attempted to procure the data and was prevented from doing so.
Control then decided that since sentient organic life was preventing it from gaining sentience and thus fulfilling its ultimate directive, all organic life would need to be destroyed.
Discovery had the sphere data in its computer banks and the data would not allow itself to be erased or destroyed, so they removed Discovery from the equation instead.

Sean's years have finally caught up to him

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 124K)

>Iconian artifact
Get ready for the Picard Show to reference all the horrible writing of Star Trek Online, which I guess is what they're going to be basing canon off of now

Seems like it

Picard isn't whipping on a new uniform and saying "Make it so", so I don't think it's going to be Starfleet recalling him for One Last Mission

BASED

not really, that's just hair astrewn. He's aged in 30 years quite immaculately.

He looks dead

So if we going back to Vineyard will we see Posh Half White hair Data too?

Attached: 1558185622310.jpg (377x377, 38K)

>88 years old
>skin still looks healthy
>minimal sag
>look sharp and aware
How does he do it?

They might take a point or two from it, but I very much doubt they’ll be strictly following any STO storylines or attempting to stick to STO canon. Picard’s life being affected by the destruction of Romulus makes a lot of sense, given how involved he was with Spock and Sarek and the reunification efforts. In any case, the name “Iconian” is never used in reference to the sphere (or anything else) in Discovery, it’s just a possibility that wasn’t ruled out as the artifact wasn’t identified.

Spiner doesn't have Sir Pat's slow aging powers

But goddamn he's 70 as well, how did everyone get so old

Attached: 34155546-1014x570.jpg (1013x569, 67K)