What is your opinion on Jean Claude Van Damme's filmography?

What is your opinion on Jean Claude Van Damme's filmography?

Attached: 8324bd6c7eb7d14fc2a123c9420b89cd.jpg (981x1240, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hZeHj4R0hzw
youtube.com/watch?v=BK5ad9GV4NQ
youtu.be/Q19rH27gflU
youtube.com/watch?v=aavVOGeDqVE
youtube.com/watch?v=HLvJSLSFbk4
youtube.com/watch?v=C_vaSsF9hx0
youtu.be/D1M6JTyzSrs
youtu.be/qFprLPWDd-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sudden Death is one of the most rewatchable movies ever made. The rest of his films I can take or leave

Attached: sudden_death.jpg (374x560, 78K)

time cop was the first puss i ever saw

Bloodsport is kino

Everything else is pulp or just plain shit

I like Sudden Death and Hard Target.

universal soldier
timecop
blood sport
kickboxer
jcvd

I love Hard Target

That movie made me genuinely care about Hockey and I became a San Jose fan for a few years, I eventually got bored but hey thanks Van Damme

Not enough people have seen Double Impact, which comes out on special edition Blu-ray next week.

Over an hour of deleted scenes, can't wait.

Who is this muscle mommy?

kino

Attached: Nowhere-to-Run.jpg (400x500, 64K)

You saved yourself a lot of disappointment but you should really get back into hockey

Attached: 1558297628992.jpg (700x661, 71K)

Pls respond

Entertaining, I like other movies posted here and The quest.

This movie is great

He front loaded all of his best work in the beginning of his career

Late 80s till late 90s and then poof, gone

he did good though

I actually like Double Team for sheer retardedness. Knock Off and the Universal Soldier movie with Andrei Arlovski are also underrated.

Lionheart is his best

I think she was his wife for a while.

Hard Target is great.
It has its very silly action cheese moments like the rattlesnake or diabeetus guy or the mullet in general. It also gives me a "They Live" feel, with the hobos and such.
The action is great and I really like Henriksen and Vosloo. Henriksen's villain has a great gimmick and a great death.
Imo it's extremely underrated.

Get a load of this fag

Corinna Everson

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 165K)

>"We hadn’t been airborne long when Trump decided to watch a movie. He’d brought along 'Michael,' a recent release, but twenty minutes after popping it into the VCR he got bored and switched to an old favorite, a Jean Claude Van Damme slugfest called 'Bloodsport,' which he pronounced 'an incredible, fantastic movie.' By assigning to his son the task of fast-forwarding through all the plot exposition—Trump’s goal being 'to get this two-hour movie down to forty-five minutes'—he eliminated any lulls between the nose hammering, kidney tenderizing, and shin whacking."

Attached: 532668-mgm[1].jpg (2000x1124, 95K)

While I think that Trump is an idiot and fast-forwarding movies is plebby and only for subhumans, the writer sounds like a soft, smug cunt.
>boo hoo people punching each other
>I am so much better because I don't like violence (except against people who don't agree with me)

>KINO
Bloodsport
Timecop
Kickboxer
Double Impact
Sudden Death
Hard Target
JCVD

>GOOD
Universal Soldier
Universal Soldier: Regeneration
Double Team
The Quest
Wake of Death
Street Fighter
Lionheart
Maximum Risk
In Hell
Expendables 2

>WORTH WATCHING
Welcome to the Jungle
Black Eagle
Death Warrant
Until Death
Replicant

>YOU COULD DO WORSE
Pound of Flesh
Cyborg
Legionnaire
No Retreat, No Surrender
Universal Soldier: The Return
Desert Heat/Inferno
Nowhere to Run

>ABSOLUTE SHIT: AVOID AT ALL COSTS
Everything Else

>TRUST ME BRO YOU NEED TO SEE THIS SHIT IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE OF HOW FUCKIN SILLY IT IS
Enemies Closer
Knock Off
The Order

>HONORABLE MENTION
Universal Soldier: Day or Reckoning is absolute kino of the highest order, but JCVD is only in it for about five minutes so it doesn't really count as a movie starring him. It's still fucking awesome though.

Attached: jcvd_rabbi.jpg (370x250, 14K)

Nowhere to run and Sudden Death

Sometimes the quest. And then that one scene in universal soldier where he does multiple kills in one shoot.

Good, except No Retreat, No Surrender should be listed under the KINO bracket.

Honestly JCVD is one of my favorite actors. Grew up watching his movies. Wish him the best on his career. The amazon show was pretty good too. If you’re here, thanks JCVD

Kino between 1988-1995. Sad times after. With Legionnaire being the only good one.

Thaks, now I must fap.

i've seen it, it inspired my lifelong love of asian food

This movie was only good because you get to see Rosanna Arquettes high and tight ass.

Knock Off is impressive in how much sheer insanity and energy they put into it. No joke, this movie features a scene with Van Damme pulling Rob Schneider in a rickshaw race while running along the side of a moving truck and getting his ass slapped with a live eel, courtesy of Schneider himself.
youtu.be/hZeHj4R0hzw

mmm.
"let he without sin cast the first stone"

Sudden Death is a great Die Hard rip-off.

Attached: Sudden Death.jpg (502x753, 55K)

Trump watches his movies at 2x speed

Enemies Closer features what may be the greatest ending in Van Damme's filmography. I dare say one of the all-time greatest endings in movies, period.
youtube.com/watch?v=BK5ad9GV4NQ

wtf
why is he a jew

I'll just leave this here

youtu.be/Q19rH27gflU

Based

Die Hard basically created its own subgenre, if you're gonna rip off something it might as well be a great but simple idea like Die Hard.

Attached: under_siege.jpg (497x744, 116K)

>What is your opinion on Jean Claude Van Damme's filmography?
I'm probably going to rewatch Cyborg this weekend. The villain is fantastic.

I like all of them but at the same time I have to recognize that they're all just shitty B-flicks.

Those fuckin thighs, tho.
youtube.com/watch?v=aavVOGeDqVE
Don't forget she also tries to crush Van Damme's head with them near the end of the movie.

Why did the director make Cory Everson a dyke in that movie? It discouraged straight girls from getting /fit/ for a generation.

Learning Kung Fu from the ghost of Bruce Lee is pretty cool, but Van Damme is barely in the movie.

Attached: noretreat.gif (300x225, 957K)

The bouncer, jcvd and jcvj were all really great. I love jcvd, his soulful beaten down by life eyes. I hope he makes more kino. I wish him the very best.

Careful that your hand doesn't slip

Yeah but that scene where she confronts they little blondie is hot as fuck.

There's a scene in The Order where he's in Israel to steal some treasure, but has to dress like a rabbi to evade the authorities. Unfortunately, when he's disguised in jewface he accidentally walks into Palestine. Hilarity ensues.
youtube.com/watch?v=HLvJSLSFbk4

Have still never seen a bad jean claude movie
Anytime I wanna watch an action movie, and one of his is on, I know I'm gonna get a good movie
Kick boxer
Sudden death
Cyborg
Blood sport
Double impact
Universal soldier
Welcome to the jungle
All are good. I really wanna see lion heart but I keep missing it when it's on

Crap, forgot time cop
He has a lot of good movies

cory everson

Steven Seagal>this bum

Attached: sensei.jpg (648x406, 44K)

Watch Universal Soldier 4 it's essential

Lionheart is awesome and Harrison Page is fucking incredible as Van Damme's manager.

JCVD excels in fighting and tournament movies imo.

Attached: jean-claude-van-damme-harrison-page-awol-absent-without-leave-lionheart-FHPG6N.jpg (1300x909, 173K)

>I'll snatch every mother fucking birthday
What did he mean by this?

One of my earliest memories in life is being babysit by friends of the family eating fruit loops and watching Kickboxer
One of the best times if not the best I ever had being babysat

*shits himself*

Most of Van Damme's stuff from 1986 to 1995 is ultimate comfykino.

KEK

As a kid I could do the splits because of him and everyone thought it was cool.

>>It's a Steven avoids Van Damme episode
Stallone said:
>>But I remember once, at my home in Miami, I believe it was in ’96 or’97, Van Damme was there with Seagal, Willis, Schwarzenegger, Shaquille O’Neal, Don Johnson and Madonna… it was a heck of a party. Van Damme was tired of Seagal saying he could kick his ass and went right up to him and offered him the chance to step outside so he could wipe the floor with him, or should I say wipe the backyard with him. Seagal made some excuse and left. His destination was some Ocean Drive nightclub in Miami. Van Damme, who was completely berserk, tracked him down and again offered him a fight, and again Seagal pulled a Houdini. Who would win? I have to say I believe Van Damme was just too strong and Seagal wanted no part of it. That’s just my opinion.

>Nowhere to run
buffalo bill is good as the villain in this

based Stallone

The real question is: what's his best sex scene? For me, it's Maximum Risk

>>It's a Corinna Everson as Atalanta in Hercules the Legendary Journeys episode
She's confirmed Kino and Comfy core.

Attached: Ares_episode_02.jpg (711x538, 48K)

>The fat jew is obsessed with her
lmao, Salmoneus was based for a tribesman

No shit, who would think that this fat cunt could do anything against Van Damme ? Also this dude is fucking nuts, i would not want to fuck with Van Damme.

I would have tried to instigate a bit, just because I am interested how it would have played out.
I reckon Segal is easily grabbed by his pride.

The imagined fantasy sex scene in Double Impact where he shoots booze out of his nose in anger.

MUHFUKKAR

Attached: Double-Impact-Vendetta-finale-RECENSIONE.jpg (980x328, 29K)

More like Cory Everson. She was also on Hercules.

Cory is short for Corinna...

Attached: cory567.jpg (424x600, 41K)

>Hard Target
My niggas. JCVD and Woo. Great pairing.

>Trump’s goal being 'to get this two-hour movie down to forty-five minutes'—he eliminated any lulls between the nose hammering, kidney tenderizing, and shin whacking."

Well, if he fast-forwarded through this part he's missing the best sequence in the movie:
youtube.com/watch?v=C_vaSsF9hx0

Starting at 1:03

That whole soundtrack was based.
>STEALLL THE NIIIIIIGHT

Cory Everson was so awesome, a female bodybuilder that didn't sound like a lumberjack when she talked.

I wonder if the hyper-masculinity stuff we got during his time is one of the reasons kids are so gay today.
like, some pendulum of mroals stuff? I dunno, the current world doesn't make sense to me

I love the soundtrack so much. The soundtracks make these movies.

A 13 year-old me really enjoyed this scene

My personal favorite, from the the credits of Double Impact:
youtu.be/D1M6JTyzSrs

She'd rip the skin off your dick and use your baby batter for protein shakes.

watched pic related a couple days ago it was pretty good

Attached: p14100_v_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 115K)

Hard to say. The macho stuff of the 80's and 90's was directly inspired by westerns of the 50's and 60's. Not sure what led to the pussification of today.

No, I blame music artists, they are the most gay looking and more ´´fashionable'',and also social media, every young want to be or look like your average instagramer or youtuber,

under budget and ahead of schedule

Too much of something leads to it being oversaturated and people being turned off by it. It's a cycle, give it time.

Back when Black Sabbath were running around like Shelley Winters people were also slaying pussy and not being feminine fags. Get another hypothesis.

post more prime cory everson

IMAGINE BEING VAN DAMME IN THAT PHOTOSHOOT

Restore it? Why? I like the death! I like the misery!
I
THIS
WORLD

Attached: cyborg-1989-movie-review-fender-tremolo-pirate-ending-fight-knives-vincent-klyn.jpg (600x326, 66K)

Van Damme fucked EVERYONE back in those days. He even showed Kylie Minogue his "Thailand" when they were filming Street Fighter.

I've been wanting to see the Director's Cut for years now. Supposedly it's low-budget kino.

I liked the fight scene with the mascot.
youtu.be/qFprLPWDd-Y

The macho stuff never went away, it just changed formats. Most of the heavy hitters have been direct-to-video.

>based van damme fucked prime minogue
chadder than arnold

I like his movies because he was super strong but still suffers pain. He's not a muscle bot.

People dont understand what a masterpiece Knock Off is. He was so coked out you can see the body double during all fighting scenes. Plus the story is so incoherent and shit i fucking love this movie.

>sudden death
>street fighter
>kickboxer
i definitely know there's a few others

True. Van Damme was never afraid to show weakness and fear in his movies. Made him infinitely more relatable. The scene where he's trying and failing to save his family in Cyborg is still really rough.

Kino taste

I'm right there with you. Knock Off is a surrealist masterpiece. There's even a POV shot from the inside of a shoe, seeing a sock come into it. The ending shootout where Van Damme kills all of the bad guys by sliding around on his tummy needs to be seen to be believed.

His new movie the bouncer was pretty good

Attached: The-Bouncer-dvd-600x849.jpg (600x849, 140K)

He's a genius though. I'm sure Issac Newton would have done the same if he could watch Bloodsport.

Bloodsport

Haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I do like that his real life face matches the ragged, beaten-down characters he's been playing.

thank god i never saw that girl as a kid or i'd have a full fledged muscle girl fetish right now

fuck you
I rewatched Karate Tiger 3 more than any other movie

Fun fact: The movie ends with the villain asking Van Damme "Any last words?" Van Damme screams "SHALOM!" and kills him. I'm not making this up.

MY POOR GODDAMN SIDES

Attached: 0 BXygBH9ARM_hBzHD.png (600x306, 74K)