There's no way it's going to suck

>There's no way it's going to suck

Attached: Screenshot_20190523_173410.jpg (754x661, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4TX6x2WLgk
archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/library/film/061580empire.html?_r=0
washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/movies/review97/empirestrikesbackmartin.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=2fzjOlh5g_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Phantom Menace wasn't that bad. Attack of the Clones was garbage. Revenge of the Sith was pretty alright again.

Have Anakin be a mid to late teen instead of a kid, have him already be slightely moody because he already can use the force but cant control it and it's frustrating for and him and he has no idea what's going on until Obi Wan and Qui Gon show up to explain it to me him. There, it's a good movie now, obviously some other stuff can be changed around, no jar jar, but this fixes almost everything.

What did people think Darth Maul was going to be, back then.

>it's stylistically bold

It fucking sucks ass, fuck you prequel apologists.
>inb4 I’m a sequelfag
Have sex.

people didn't think back then

And it didn't

No one hated the prequels until that Plinkett video.

Phantom Menace is unironically good.
Attack of the Clones is terrible.
Revenge of the Sith is decent.

It did.

And it didn’t. Stay mad haters.

Dumb zoomer

The movie wouldn't have worked without jar jar

>Have sex.
GTFO sequelfag.

Dilate.

Yes, he was the key.

He was right, it didn't.

>Obi Wan and Qui Gon show up to explain it to me him
>me
Hi Anakin.

Why not have him be around Luke's age just to add to the parallels? Also, make his triumph near the end a darker version of Luke's in ANH, like maybe he draws upon the Dark Side when he blows up the command ship.

>op is saying TPM sucks
>responds like he disagrees but actually agrees with op
This is power of retards who hate the prequels.

>implying
I remember when episode 3 coming out and at the time Yea Forums had whole week or two shitting on episode 3 and prequels in general.

>audience thinks something can't suck because it's too big
>spends the next year trying to convince themselves and other that it didn't suck
>eventually admits it sucks
this cycle is always more entertaining than the product itself

Attached: 15578846562632.png (460x554, 374K)

>Anime reaction image

Attached: 1558414380388.jpg (293x477, 22K)

Epic

Can confirm, I love the prequels and have never seen the reddit Plinkett videos and never will.

Attached: 1558474971135.jpg (720x720, 82K)

When the hell was that video uploaded? People keep saying that shit but YouTube didn't exist till 2005 and Jake Lloyd was harassed by fans right when the movie came out

>fans
if they harassed Jake Lloyd they're not fans

My friends and I were convinced that he was going to be the villain for the entire trilogy. It's also pretty surprising to remember that a lot of people didn't know Palpatine was going to be the emperor when the movie came out.

Phantom Menace is a very kino for kid/younger audiences

>none of the other zoomers who saw AOTC when they were 5 yrs old hated it
Yes probably. But they also didn't remember shit about it. Anyone who was online in the early 00s remembers incessant forum bitching about the prequels, Ep II particularly.

Darth Vader 2 or the antagonist of the prequel trilogy.

1 was alright because I was too young to care but I didn't like 2 even while I was watching it
3 gets a pass because sheev

Kevin Smith loved it and he's an OT boomer

>not true scotsman
Oof, kys
SW prequels were (are) hated because they're garbage.

Plinkett review came out in 2009 I think. Don't bother responding seriously to that guys post. It's just bait.

they're worth watching to see a 30 year old manchild seethe for several hours

>caring about Kevin Smith's opinions
Get a heart attack and cry about comic book movies like him then.

Kevin Smith likes the nu-quels too, his opinion doesn't matter.

Are you really using Kevin Smith as a positive example of someone who liked the prequels?

nice zoomer revisionism

>eventually realize that it didn't suck, they were just too young and stupid to understand it

>oof
The prequels weren't and aren't hated by anyone except people like pic related (you)

Attached: isgye2.jpg (1105x738, 82K)

They should have given the prequels to D&D so they can remake them.
Best case scenario, they rip off Game of Thrones and make them slightly interesting to watch.
Worst case scenario, they just make shitty movies out of already shitty movies.
Leave out Darth Maul. Leave out Jar Jar and everything related to his race. Make it so that the Senate feels like it has more than three people in it.

Attached: 1554645348243.jpg (785x731, 101K)

Reminder that David Fincher loves the Phantom Menace

Not really. It's boring as fuck for little kids. Hell it is boring as fuck for adults too.

This though, I rewatched it gorillion times when I was around 10

Nice strawman argument retard.

>t. zoomer
They were awful and left a lot of people with Stockholm Syndrome.
>well it wasn't that bad....
Plinkett got a lot right including the general mood when it came to the movies. I laughed when Vader did his "NNOOOOO" thing because it was so ridiculous.

this was before he was a disney shill and a DUDE WEED LMAO guy

but no, you're right. Other positive examples include respected critic richard brody (jewish armond white) and feminist academic camille paglia (now censored by trannies for controversial wrongthink) who called Revenge of the Sith one of the greatest works of art in recent history. They have better credentials than seething retards on star wars message boards.

This is your brain on Fortnite

Its a fucking terrible film, even though i live lucas

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4TX6x2WLgk
Yes they did you turboretard.

I mean it was mediocre.

It only "sucked" cause everyone was comparing it to Empire Strikes Back.

Any 6/10 movie will suck in comparison to a 8.8/10 kino

Oh user. It's been hip to be contrarian for years. People particularly loved claiming the entire movie was just boring discussion in the senate even though it took up 10-15 minutes.

wash your penis, seething imbecile

Attached: lucas and portman.jpg (470x520, 125K)

>It only "sucked" cause everyone was comparing it to Empire Strikes Back.
Which was panned on release for
>having a poorly-thought-out twist
>ruining C-3PO
>having too much humor while also being too dark

This is a flat out lie. Im old enough to remember. Basically after opening week people were grumbling about maybe it kinda sucked l, what was up with jar jar, the kid was annoying ehy did maul only have two lones and die when vader lived for all three movies.

These were the inmediate criticisms

Yea Forums has always shat on popular things

People always hated Phantom but were mixed on Clones and positive toward Revenge. After Plinkett it became cringe to like any of them

This is bait idiots

>I'm not as bothered by the film's lack of resolution as I am about my suspicion that I really don't care. After one has one's fill of the special effects and after one identifies the source of the facetious banter that passes for wit between Han Solo and Leia (it's straight out of B-picture comedies of the 30's), there isn't a great deal for the eye or the mind to focus on.
archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/library/film/061580empire.html?_r=0

>"The Empire Strikes Back" has no plot structure, no character studies let alone character development, no emotional or philosophical point to make. It has no original vision of the future, which is depicted as a pastiche of other junk-culture formulae, such as the western, the costume epic and the Would War II movie. Its specialty is "special effects" or visual tricks, some of which are playful, imaginative and impressive, but others of which have become space-movie clichés.
washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/movies/review97/empirestrikesbackmartin.htm

This honestly, people acting like Phantom Menace is the Room tier are delusional. It's a mediocre movie, I'd say maybe even a 5/10, but it's not that bad

They were jelous kids. They are jackles

Attached: Kao Cen Darach and Satele Shan vs Lord Vindican and Malgus.webm (1000x562, 2.96M)

they're worth watching even if you don't agree with them. They're pretty funny and entertaining

Fuck you. I rewatched it to make sure. The directing is horrible and the acting can be pretty bad. Ewan Mcgregor and Liam Neeson being affected by it was distracting.

>They're pretty funny and entertaining
>toilet humor
>that shitty voice|
>the strawmen which make the videos unbareable

he said he liked them just to make GL happy

This.
Just don't take them too seriously - a lot of his complaints are "I don't wanna read no books" and "they shoulda had some practical effects".

No way, if you like the prequels its just Mike saying you're stupid for not liking the movies from his childhood more

The prequels are not as spectacular as the OT but they have their merits without a doubt
>soundtrack is on par with OT soundtrack (thanks john)
>sound design is above amazing (the LAAT sounds like pure sex)
>great performances from Erwin Mcgreggor and the senate
>memeability

these are minor things I know but they are things I like about the movies, others will disagree but there are always good things about not-so-good movies

Attached: 396456 - Attack_of_the_Clones Natalie_Portman Padme_Amidala Shabby_Blue Star_Wars.jpg (1029x794, 139K)

based and hershlagpilled

the prequels were designed around old stage plays. very romanticized and dialogue stilted as intended. most people arent fans of that so the movies came out as rather off. though visually and audially superb, the character interactions were off putting. george went a bit too far with the first films climax being too diverse, and forcing hayden and natalie to be really stoic with their love was a bad idea.

all in all i rate the PT 7/10

satan

>the character interactions were off putting
yea, the acting was not straight up bad but just weird with characters saying/doing/acting strange

TPM was kino, only boomers old enough to see a new hope in theater as adults don't like it

Hey AIDSMoby!
How are your retarded kids doing?

Something bigger than he turned out to be. Focusing on how Vader became Vader ended up ruining that trilogy. Nobody fucking cared by RoTS.

I remember how dissapointed I was at 10 years old you ignorant zoomer.

darth jar jar*

Other people had problems with Phantom Menace, but liked it, were disappointed by Clones and didn't even bother to see Revenge in the Kino.

>They weren't around for the first IRL streams ever, back when they were lining up for Episode 2 and set up a 24/7 webcam on Hollywood boulevard for a month

Most kino shit ever. The dweebs were under constant attack from Hollywood's homeless and crackheads and douchebags. Great stuff.

>Noooooooooo

I liked seeing the emperors political maneuvering, basically Machiavelli

>when TPM is unironically kino, and you completely forget as you saw it 20 years ago during the premiere as a 9 year old, a few others times as a kid, and then either high or drunk as an adult, but watching it sober as an adult you realize Plinkett and OTfags are just redditors with no taste

I remember liking TPM well enough when it first came out, I hated jar jar, I liked the double saber and the swoop races, thought Darth Maul was the shit right up until he got fucked up, but that was pretty much it
My little brother though, he got fucking obsessed with it, made our father bring him to watch it something like 4 or five times, he pestered our mother to buy him all obi wan toys and costantly begged me to draw pictures of obi wan for him and he got so fucking annoying about it that I ended up absolutely hating the movie
In the end it turned out that it wasn't even the movie itself he was obsessed with, just Ewan McGregor

5>4>3=6>1>2
no other Star Wars films exist

The Phantom Menace doesn't feel malicious towards its audience. It's something you could almost always have on the background and it would be comfy, even if you're not thoroughly paying attention and enjoying it. On the other hand, Nu-Wars, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and so on are actively mean-spirited and negative towards the viewer. They're visual and narrative cacophony. They're products of creative teams that seem to hate their jobs, the world, and life in general, but don't manifest this in meaningful or artistic tragedy so much as in giving the finger to quality in general. It's as if they were forced to work on these projects and are actively resentful of them. The Phantom Menace's biggest crime was that it wasn't a masterpiece, but it was still okay and it wasn't petulant.

>They're products of creative teams that seem to hate their jobs, the world, and life in general, but don't manifest this in meaningful or artistic tragedy so much as in giving the finger to quality in general. It's as if they were forced to work on these projects and are actively resentful of them

this is the millennial MO

Lol you're a fucking retard
I bet you weren't even born before 9/11

Oh, it shows

I watched Prequels first so this was the exact experience.

dumb zoomer

youtube.com/watch?v=2fzjOlh5g_o

this has to be bait

>there’s no way anyone could be that retarded

Attached: 808F77FE-F3BD-4E99-802C-01FEB16FB255.jpg (831x799, 55K)

>zoomers actually think this

Attached: 1521133848845.jpg (737x639, 58K)

fuck your revisionist

that means you have low self-esteem and get butthurt easily