/trek/: Picard Teaser Edition:

/trek/: Picard Teaser Edition: youtube.com/watch?v=f3om4V_-Y0Q

New teaser out, not much info but has /kino/ tier aesthetics.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 11.26.00 AM.png (2560x1066, 1.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/dy8fy
youtube.com/watch?v=QlU2bFKoOp0
youtube.com/watch?v=lVIGhYMwRgs
quillette.com/2019/01/17/what-is-this-thing-you-call-social-justice/
youtube.com/watch?v=eAnvRtdUiCA
youtu.be/f3om4V_-Y0Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_sentence_spacing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Really do want some of that Chateau Picard vintage

>greatest rescue mission in history

Oh wonderful. They're gonna use the Trek 2009 Romulus destruction as the origin of this series.

he looks...old...

I'm guessing the Enterprise-E and his crew was destroyed or something and that's why he left Starfleet and his TNG co-stars aren't showing up.

>Logan plot but in Space lmao
fuck this shit

nice unavailable video

logan was good tho

>it watches capeshit
Trek isn't for you, so I don't see the problem.

Works in the only country that should be posting here (USA USA USA).

Attached: 1540998003923.gif (480x287, 1.21M)

It's official canon and has been for years. That's not necessarily a good thing but it's something that any post-VOY show is going to have to deal with. I think it's actually a pretty smart move to do it this way.

What seems pretty obvious from the trailer/existing canon:
>Romulus sends out plea for assistance once they realize they're fucked
>Starfleet sends out Spock with the Red Matter and Picard with the rescue fleet
>Neither get there in time to save Romulus itself
>Spock stops the supernova from getting worse but goes AWOL in the process
>Picard watches billions of people get zoinked in just about the worst way possible

As for why Picard leaves Starfleet:
>Starfleet hesitates about aiding the Romulans, who are at this point the only threat to the UFP (The Klingons were devastated in the Dominion War and are now friendly with the UFP besides).
>Picard wants to go help immediately but is held back due to UFP suspicions of a Romulan trap
>Because of the delay in leaving Picard fails to get to Romulus in time
>Disgusted with the UFP's top brass, Picard resigns

STREAMABLE LINK:
streamable.com/dy8fy

DOWNLOAD AND SAVE; ORIGINAL VIDEO TAKEN DOWN SO THIS LINK MIGHT NOT LAST EITHER

You're right. Must've changed something with in the past 10 minutes. I watched it at least.

thanks, bro

Thanks

bet you see Mike and Rich beating off this as the next RLM vid

>Picard voluntarily leaving Starfleet
No way.

Treks been for us since 2009

I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW PICARD

See

>the phoneposter on Yea Forums is mistaken on which things are for him
Not surprising.

>It's official canon
Kill yourself, bootlicker.

INCELS ALREADY SEETHING!

So what are the two events? He saved Star Fleet from borg as admiral and then Vulcan wanted out of Fed

>When a MMO continues the series much better than anything produced by Hollywood while being far more faithful and doing things fans like

Attached: STO_Fed_Gif_02.gif (600x338, 1.84M)

So what is this? TNG season 32 or Discovery-24th century editon?

>every character you play commits genocide

idk why people seethe so much about this. Way dumber shit is canon. Voyager neutering the Borg is far more limiting than nuking the Romulans. By the end of DS9 the Federation was clearly ascendant in the Alpha Quadrant; the next 'era' was always going to be focused on the benefits and difficulties of the Federation becoming a hegemonic power (as opposed to the cold/hot wars previously). Nuking Romulus just speeds that process up and adds an interesting dynamic where the Federation has to deal with the fallout of a disintegrating and chaotic (former) Romulan Empire. Nuking the Borg just removes them as a threat, nuking the Romulans opens interesting possibilities. I still wish that Abrams hadn't done it (and especially not as a fucking piece of backstory not even the main plot) but star trek has always adapted to dumb choices before. See: ENT canonizing what was a throwaway joke in DS9 re: Klingons looking like humans

> All other STs have been named after the ship
> Not this one
> Running concurrently with Discovery
Who greenlit this farce and why?

>Federation has no problems helping the Cardassian fucking shits after the war
>Federation doesn't want to help Romulans despite fighting together multiple times and working on reunification with the Vulcans

Why don't you know how to greentext properly?

>how can we make an episode of star trek even more boring

>implying the ship will not be called Picard

>that polluted cloud in the distance

The fuck? Is this another "dark timeline" bullshit?

maybe there is a ship named Picard

It seems too obvious. So they will 100% do it.

>trek goes back to being beautiful and fun
>miserable autistic incels on Yea Forums still find reasons to bitch and moan
I hate all of you so much

Captain serves on the ship that's named after him?
Little egomaniacal, no?

people just want more Games of Thrones in space aka DS9

cringe

Attached: bbd9b452380cafe9ac441be3feed6fc3.jpg (640x640, 49K)

Please tell me Michael Burnham isn't in this

Attached: 1505490542364.jpg (267x189, 7K)

>Gina Torres

Fucking sold. She better be in the main cast.

He too old for this shit. This is just going to make me sad.

>when told that trek was about ideas and not "fun", the brainlet recoils

What the fuck does that even mean? Those two shows are nothing alike, retard. That's like saying Sesame Street and Sopranos are similar.

Blowing up a planet is the laziest trope in sci-fi. Didn't they pretty much do this story with Undiscovered Country?

Gotta milk every bit of nostalgia possible eh?

>another shitty show in the BadRobot/Kurtzmanverse

Attached: 1547799605823.png (775x581, 705K)

>USS The Original Series

They're both for grimdark redditors. Don't post again, fagboi.

It's just going to be STD but with Picard injected into it.

>focus on gritty and dark
>GoT wants to deconstruct fantasy while DS9 wants to deconstruct Star Trek
>both focuses on war and relationship
>entire story is developed in arcs
>Dukat becomes literally evil at the end like the bitch from GoT
literally the same show but in space

Goddammit I'm in.
Thanks, d00d.

Attached: facepalm-deja-q.jpg (1100x800, 183K)

>thinking DS9 is grimdark
maybe if you're a faggot

>still giving a shit about john luck pickhard post movies.
commit suicide.

Attached: Q_and_Picard_all_good_things.jpg (694x530, 116K)

Is Stewart even going to have any significant amount if screentime in this?

He looks like a 104 year old man. I mean, doing all your acting sat in a chair drinking tea is probably not especially taxing, but at his age I imagine that even on the best of days Stewart sleeps 18 hours and replaces his lines with an ad lib about how there are a lot more darkies around town than there were in his youth.

Calling it now, it's gonna be like Discovery where the Captain's not the protagonist and instead the narrative follows the spunky young officers who maybe report to the ready room for 3 minutes an episode. And that's all we see of Captain Paddy.

Attached: 1557830747086.png (640x640, 111K)

>Don't post again, fagboi.
Not surprising you write like a black and can't take simple directions. Of course you like Sisko, the king of chimping out.

>beautiful and fun

Watch the teaser again idiot and this time pay attention.

ITT: if faggots were alive when the TOS movies were announced

OMG THEY ARE MILKING THE FRANCHISE! THEY ARE TOO OLD FOR THIS! THIS ISN'T TREK!

>What do you mean we're shooting all of my scenes first

He's a role model.

Who?

>black kid

Its gone, anyone have a reupload

Attached: 1558011460142.jpg (400x533, 38K)

You're not allowed to be retarded and lazy in a world where google exists, Tyrone.

>dude this is too dark!
>trek was always about rainbows and colors!

thats not edgy you ironic nigger.

Read threads before replying.
None of your posts after this point will be read if they aren't written like a white person.

>Stewart sleeps 18 hours and replaces his lines with an ad lib about how there are a lot more darkies around town than there were in his youth.
This is the best-case scenario.

He's in his late 70s, he's an old man but hardly fucking ancient

That said I still think your prediction will be right anyway

I just don't want another picard series, especially since they're apparently completely changing Picard. Why not just make a new character then?
Personally i'd prefer a Riker series, since he is Captain of the Titan now.

>trek goes back to being beautiful and fun
When did that happen? Not under Kurtzman or Bad Robot.

Attached: S2_004(1).jpg (1500x1453, 1.59M)

i can't open it

I doubt he'll have a lot of screen time, I mean this isn't American Dad where he can record his lines through Skype while in the bathroom.

Looks like the rumors about Picard retiring because the Federation botches the Romulan refugee crisis and then returning to prevent a Federation Brexit are true.

I'm assuming they didn't name the show Picard because Picard isn't in the show you fucking retard. If they wanted they easily could have called it Star Trek: New Era or something and had Picard as a mentor to young characters and people would have been just as hype.

USS The Next Generation

The ((ferengi)) joined the federation after the war.

>Personally i'd prefer a Riker series, since he is Captain of the Titan now.

I love Frakes but if talk about aging badly. He's gonna need a Mark Hamill style regime of fitness/hair plugs/dieting to play that character again in a starring role

Trektards can't even decide what they want from Star Trek.

No, because the Klingons figured out their moon was fucked. They stopped mining it, but the lack of minerals and the ecological damage was crippling to the Empire. (the Chernobyl inspiration is obvious). If their moon actually destroyed Kronos, and then Undiscovered Country was dealing with the fallout from that, it'd be similar.

why the fuck do /pol/fags watch star trek? It's literally SJW/Communist wish fulfillment. The Federation is a post-racial, post-sex wars, post-culture wars, post-capitalist society. The shows have always been explicitly left-wing in the society it depicts and the morality it supports. That doesn't mean you have to agree with that to like the show, nor does it mean that you can't dislike the show. But complaining that Star Trek has been hijacked by the SJWs is absurd.

USS Next Generation

>the Federation botches the Romulan refugee crisis and then returning to prevent a Federation Brexit are true.
It's gonna be great.
youtube.com/watch?v=QlU2bFKoOp0

Attached: wocard.jpg (480x480, 19K)

His back is completely fucked. It was already on TNG but it's even worse now, I doubt it's safe for him to do the Mark Hamill stuff. He couldn't do action scenes in the movies and that was over a decade ago.

It’s called Picard you dumb nigger. He’s a piece of shit, IRL. Completely self centered. Fucked vash behind his wife’s back. Demanded Picard be more “action” hero.
He’s going to be the center of attention

>Why does a show about an interplanetary police force attract pol.
hurrr

>user says trek is returning to being beautiful, bold, fun
>/trek/ spergs and says fun is for capeshit, then compares DS9 to Game of Thrones
nothing will ever make any of you happy because you only live to find things to bitch about

Use google and you won't be called a moronic lazy person next time. All anyone is asking you to do is learn. Why are you fighting it?

Yeah that's right, Star Trek has always been exclusively for people into raping children and burning down churches it's never been for anyone else.

> (((Ferengi))) join
> Suddenly everything starts going to shit and the Federation is much worse than you remember it being but no-one will come out and say why
> Out very remember the six billion who died in the Great Monetary Collapse of 2345 goy

Aw man that sucks, I had no idea. Explains why he's not in the greatest of shape now I suppose

>interplanetary police force that spreads and enforces space communism
tfw pol loves the space Red Army

Yea Forums is a hot ball of contrarianism, spitefulness, and sexual pathology and always has been

>nig tears

So all the people complaining are just /pol/tards mad about the Brexit comparison? Makes sense.

>being this impressionable and gay

I hate you much more.

You might already know this but if you watch TNG that's why he's always leans against walls and sits in chairs like a weirdo.

youtube.com/watch?v=lVIGhYMwRgs

Typical CBS incompetence. They totally didn't learn from STD teasers and trailers. Last time CBS news reposted it due to negative backlash on geoblocking global audiences.

Sounds like dog shit.

Picard as admiral. After Kirk told him to fuck NOPE and stay as captain on the chair on a ship.

Attached: 9effcbacb7f2e41eacb96c266d2430df.jpg (1440x1080, 1.05M)

>reddit tears

Why did they take it down?
Was it leaked or something?

Attached: 1540086204120.png (672x777, 312K)

>tfw you can recognize his wrist and hand

What is the Marshall Plan

>taking advice from a coward who hid himself in the Nexus for a century

>He’s a piece of shit, IRL
Oh I know, he's behind the "action" Picard. He signed on that spin-off on the condition that he doesn't play TNG Picard.

>Dukat becomes literally evil at the end like the bitch from GoT

Dukat’s story and arc was done about 10000000000x better

Irrelevant to this discussion, since the russians didn't have anything to rebuild.

Plenty of miserable Midnight's Edge tier contrarians who just like whinging generally too

ehm, (((tears))) thank you very much

really makes u think

Attached: CBS.png (319x93, 6K)

>Dukat’s story and arc was done about 10000000000x better
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

COPE

They'd be silly to not sell Picard branded wine leading up to the premiere.

your reddit spacing is big gay

I'd die buttchugging it just so I could say I had the best captain inside me.

I wish, truth is that I am neither from the UK or care about Brexit so them using it as inspiration is totally fine.

>SJW wish fulfillment

quillette.com/2019/01/17/what-is-this-thing-you-call-social-justice/

Haha fuck, sure I knew about the Riker Maneuver but I never knew why. Amazing

Its a solid idea that you know they're going to fuck up horribly. I don't need to see Picard as a broken down old man with no hope, If i wanted that I'd rewatch the last Jedi or just go into any city and look at people, or talk with everyone I know. Star Trek is supposed to be a hopeful future not a hopeless present

>USS TOS
>USS TAS
>USS TNG
>USS DS9

>Midnight’s Edge tier contrarians

I love how they’ve become the boogeymen of a general they don’t even know exists

Either rewatch both shows or kill yourself if you think otherwise you retarded autist

but unlike the Last Jedi it's sure Picard will get his hope back when he saves the day, it's probably going to be the first straight story with no subversion in years

>reddit spacing
Post discarded. You lost. Learn to fit in here if you want to compete.

>scolding VO speaking to Picard in an accusatory manner

Yeah I'm out

Bitch I’ve been here since 2010 and do technical writing for a living, spacing is as natural to me as breathing

Sure initially it was but it crapped the bed at the end of season 6 hard. Deep space 9 had a arguable worse ending that GoT not the whole season mind you just the actual final episode

Then why are you so bad at it?

>when outsiders have a hard time reading and try talking back to someone who won't read their post because they don't belong here in the first place
Why did his dad abandon him, bros?

A plan to keep US industry rolling after the war with subsidies and export stuff to allied countries and former enemies.

ive only watched tng and i enjoyed it. does this means i have to watch ds9 and voyager to understand the setting?

He is old, Christ, TNG started airing ~30 years ago.

I thought it was a perfect send off desu, after Waltz you knew the final battle would be Sisko vs Dukat

>does this means i have to watch ds9 and voyager to understand the setting?
No, the spin-off is based on the first JJ-Trek movie.

But Dukats acceptance of the pah wraiths was a terrible idea, if they wanted to make him full evil it should've been him making the decision to destroy cardassia, but he wouldn't have done that because everything he did in his career was for the glory of his people, which at the end of the day can be considered a noble purpose. The stupid effects and the jumping into the fire pits were just terrible ideas that masked the lack of ideas the writers seemed to have for his character by the end, they just wanted him to be a villain with no redeeming qualities

ah, so it's not star trek. Gotcha

Have you ever seen anything Kurtzman has ever done? Even if it becomes a straight story by the end, he doesn't know how to write an ending. So it'll probably end up being a big climactic battle that doesn't need to be there and then end with a rhetorical question on a fade to black. Don't forget Kurtzman was the one who came on and helped write into darkness

Dominion war was kino, I really don't care about an anime battle between spoonhitler and niggerjesus

What about the death of Ziyal at the hand of his right hand man because she betrayed him? That broke him mentally, and who did she betray him too? Starfleet sure, but the buck stops with Sisko. He wanted that office back, he got it and then lost it again. Sisko has the respect and admiration of the Bajoran people that he always seems to crave to justify not being an evil monster to himself. He wanted to be Sisko but obviously never could be, so he wanted to destroy him. How do you destroy someone with God on their side? You make a deal with the devil.

Alex (((Kurtzman))), the worst thing to happen to Trek since Rick Burman.

>stops following the show's development/won't watch it because the voiceover hurt my fee fees

either stop being a drama queen if you're lying, or neck yourself for being such a wimpy loser

Really, you only have to watch the first two minutes of this video: youtube.com/watch?v=eAnvRtdUiCA

There's nothing else in the 2009 ST that's in the prime universe past the TNG era.

Attached: FaceApp_1558630882636.jpg (1707x710, 209K)

Wait, isn't Picard way after Kirk? How can they exist simultaneously?
Is it some alternative universe bullshit?

Sir Picard can't grow a beard

"us" who?
Capeshitters with contempt for decent content?

Picard owns a winery, not a whisky distillery

>implying the devil will help you
he'd have been contacting mars or some other war god
seriously why would anyone trust anything with "wraith" in its name that's just goofy

Attached: FB_IMG_1558596832766.jpg (480x506, 29K)

Reminder that DS9 are to blame.
They are the ones that said that episodic format is bad and that everything should be centered around arcs, it's thanks to them if Trek died and now we are stuck with seasonal clusterfucks of gritty autism.

>FB_IMG
Go back.

I'll watch that shit just for the obligatory Q episode.

Kurtzman was there from the start. When he used to be Roberto Orci's writing pal, he was the one who had no knowledge of Trek. They wrote the first JJ Trek and Into Darkness.
You're thinking about Damon Lindelof. He is the one who joined during the development of Into Darkness.

There's some time travel nonsense in Trek 2009. Basically the villain (a Romulan) saw his homeworld get destroyed by a supernova after old Spock's failed to save it. This event happened later after TNG and VOY. This new spin-off is dealing with the aftermath of the destruction of Romulus. Expect the show to be "refugees welcome" and all that nonsense with a touch of Brexit.

Don't trust the same crew behind "Discovery". You know Picard will have forced liberal politics with no respect to canon at all.

star trek

Attached: FB_IMG_1558596456254.jpg (480x358, 21K)

it wont be beautiful and fun it cant with the current political landscape. With the opening plot how can you possibly think this could be a bright future?

Yea Forums

>being THIS butthurt

Attached: confused-kid.jpg (1050x700, 78K)

That's because... he IS... old

Attached: wig.jpg (190x265, 5K)

>people seething because the Federation wants to help refugee
>when we already saw them always helping refugees
Alt-Trekkies are getting desperate.

It's going to be shit isn't it?

Attached: 1550923486639.png (1018x526, 34K)

I agree with you for the most part, your argument is sound. I also liked the idea that 2009 should have just been about Romulus being destroyed, rather then a sub-plot. Well, I wish it was about something else entirely, but it would have been better if it had focused on trying to stop the destruction of Romulus...and failing. Subvert my expectations. Regardless, though, destroying Romulus really was a strange thing to do to the timeline.

I like Star trek and have a right to post here. This general needs all the content it can get.
Picard looks old and it's outrageous blue isn't the color of command yet. It's blue's turn.

Attached: FB_IMG_1558597164214.jpg (480x480, 20K)

Trek has been shit since after The Cage so nothing will change

Voyager went back to the old format and sucked

Enterprise tried the old format and sucked for a while until they tried the new format

Orville is using the old format and is successful

STD is trying the new format and sucks

Orville is literally reusing TNG and VOY plots too.

DS9 is good though

Attached: 1545446465545.jpg (890x890, 43K)

nihil novi sub sole

>have a right to post here
No one with a facebook has that right, newfag. You would've known this had you lurked like you were supposed to. Go back.

>"""content"""

It's true you dumb kike.

>reddit spacing from a phone

USS Stark Trek

How many times are you going to ban evade today?

youtu.be/f3om4V_-Y0Q

Good teaser. I desperately want this to be good but know that it won't be. C'est la vie.

nihil sub sole novum

Man, Patrick Stewart looks fucking ancient. There's no way he's going to be the main frontrunning character for the entire season.

Attached: 1553972509796.jpg (1600x1200, 275K)

>things retards say

bros pls no bully frens

will picard really

be

captain of a ship called

picard?

Attached: FB_IMG_1558597200969.jpg (480x480, 34K)

The salt on this kike. Would taste better in the oven

Pass. Stewart is too old for this.

i hate this kind of production

>invoking Reddit's name

Yeah sure I want to listen real close to anything you say.

>SJWs bitch about Picard's series being about "yet another" straight white male lead
>first teaser panders to naysayers by having an obvious POC female voiceover
Christ, this fucking clown world, I can't. Like, it's really no big deal, but I hate that it's so fucking transparent.

>doesn't know where commas go
>learning disability formatting
That you, Jake?

The problem is that it makes no sense. The Romulan Empire isn't one planet, it's a space empire. They have a multitude of systems where they could go.

>Don't trust the same crew behind "Discovery". You know Picard will have forced liberal politics with no respect to canon at all.
This.
But I guess shitty audience just can't stop consuming bad products because brand

Motherfucker is 80 years old, filming on tv series vs movies is a lot more tasking. Its either going to be a mini series and this is it, the end, or about 8/10's of the way through the first season they'll slowly start to focus on the supporting characters so Stewart isn't required to be in every scene.

At 80 Stewart could literally fall down during filming and fucking die from an infection.

jidf needs to train their shitposters better

>can barely string together a sentence
>/pol/nig
Every time.

Wil Wheaton will be the only guest appearance by an old crew member.

Attached: 1535485247575.jpg (1100x620, 340K)

>It's going to be shit isn't it?
as any other trek-related product after Enterprise ended (bad trek but still trek)

>yfw Stewart is old so the show will have little to no action and trek fans here will complain about it being slow and boring and not action packed

Post one single post that isn't double spaced, I triple dog fucking dare you.

>the tard tries talking again
He's the main character and the series is named after him. He's the focus. Your mother drank when she was pregnant with you, zoomer.

Unfortunately I don't know the names of your random bogeymen so I probably can't engage you well enough in your pathetic website war.

Go outside, engage is consensual intimacy with a female human in the missionary position.

At this point I've been double-spacing since 2005 just out of habit but the last year or so it's been solely to identify mouth breathers.

Spacing.

>trek fans here
Fans of DS9 and JJTrek aren's Trek fans.

BUT THEY TOLD ME THE SHOW WAS CANCELLED AND DIDN'T EXIST!?
WHAT THE FUCK? HOW COULD THEY LIE TO ME!!!

I too enjoy

spacing

>giving instructions to other posters on an anonymous image board
Get off your hide whores.

Why? It only means we won't get more from action Picard which is unironically a good thing. Anything else is just speculation and this teaser doesn't show much. More or less what everybody was thinking it would be desu.

>bogeymen
Why are redditors so ready to use this phrase at the drop of a hat? Is it because it's the easiest deflection in the book, Jake? Disgusting, brown-eyed queer.

Discovery was not about titual ship or its crew but Michael. So now they are at least honest.
And Picard is way better lead candidate than fanfic mary sue.

Spacing is great

It identifies those who spew

Impotent hate

Their faces twisted askew

>look at the funny joke i made
>that means i belong here, riteguise?

Attached: 1546882744333.jpg (700x531, 89K)

If it was not for STD and the people that made it are making this I would be stoked. But how can one possibly be excited for this after STD? And also that weird semi copyright licence. Its Picard but not quite. We will suffer more modern Trek or whatever this is I am afraid. Probably political drama in space. 1 story over the season or mini series. Cant wait.

Attached: 1516728356779.jpg (600x450, 19K)

>say some random name at me
>wh-why are you so quick to use the word bogeyman
>to describe what i'm doing, no less
lmao i wonder

I hope this is ironic because I really hate to imagine someone really sitting in their basement all day jumping at Reddit shadows whenever someone ignores their formatting rules.

Here's some more spacing for you to chew on you actual crazy person.

>nig spacer goes into a rap just like his hero Kanye
>image macros after 2010
>post 2016 memes

That's pretty gay.

Spacing.

Reminder this is the plot of the show

Attached: Romulansontheborderbow.png (3040x1456, 462K)

yes

you're absolutely right

about everything

star trek

So in this universe did Spock still disappear containing the black hole that ate Romulus? Or will they just say that he vanished with the planet?

>franchise that promotes socially progressive values for fifty years has a black woman narrate a commercial
I-IT'S MUH FUCKING CLOWN WORLD HONK HONK

My favorite thing about reddit spacing is that you have to have been familiar with posting on reddit to be able to identify it. I didn't get what people meant until I posted on reddit for the first time last year. Double-spacing to separate thoughts of paragraphs was always the norm here. It wasn't necessary but it improved readability, whereas on reddit, it was literally necessary based on their stupid post formatting.

So that means that the first person to bitch about "reddit spacing" was literally a redditor who was trying to convince people that he belonged here more than they did. Food for thought.

>some random name that i can't identify from the franchise and infer meaning from
>le irony
>le neckbeard basement dweller
>le reddit formatting is acceptable
>le you're crazy for expecting me to act white and assimilate
Fag detected.

>I can't
funny that you hate sjws so much when you write like one

>Starfleet hesitates about aiding the Romulans, who are at this point the only threat to the UFP

Fucking doubtful as they've just had their entire solar system destroyed. How the fuck are they still a threat to anyone after that? They don't even have the tal'siar which was wiped out during the Dominion war.

>But how can one possibly be excited for this after STD?
I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW PICARD

>"""content"""

We've seen literally nothing but a vineyard and Patrick's wrinkled face.

kikes mad.

>I REGURGITATED A GAY REDDITOR MEME WHEN I SAW YOUR POST

Is Jennifer Lien the superlative example of JUST?

I only use the internet to visit /trek/ on Yea Forums

>proudly donated to the DS9 documentary

Yeah dog that's gonna be a big yikes from me followed up by a go outside and have sex.

Attached: 1555260108868.jpg (600x599, 63K)

If Riker is in this then he's gonna have to lay off the burgers

>still crying 2 threads later
Zero self-awareness.

Oh sorry I almost forgot

Spacing

Formatting

All are crucial to the Yea Forums experience

Let's hope STD is just a one off. I would be happy if it's going to be Enterprise level at least. Either way, even if it's great people in here will shit all over it because it's not GoT or capeshit.

only canon things that matter to me are tos, tos movies, tng, and ds9. nothing else matters, and i dont care if its canon because it sucks, much like this show will suck.

He's gonna wear spanx

Attached: Screenshot_20181126-175501~2.png (708x249, 37K)

You do know DS9 had far more episodes without excessive action than with

>Where's Riker? Data? Beverly? Where are my friends?
>Who are these people
>Where am I?

picard is ancient and this series will be his ritual sacrifice but heyo the new uniforms look hella sexy

Attached: 1558590316039.jpg (5100x3300, 964K)

>unwelcome refugee crying about getting told that we don't want him or his liberal zoomer pals who can't figure out how to run non-mobile OSes

I rike this

Attached: D7IF4geUcAA-CQ8.jpg (1530x2048, 504K)

Production was delayed because Netflix and the merchandizing wasn’t interested

Once Amazon came in that resolved a lot of issues

Was anyone bitching about the picard show having a straight white male lead? why would anyone bitch about that for the Picard show?

>You do know ___________________
Effeminate and wrong.

>W-where's Eline??

Attached: innerlight-head.jpg (777x437, 95K)

Don't bully chubby Riker.

Attached: two_cakes.png (754x548, 774K)

Prove me wrong retard

Still mad.

>wants Yea Forums to be distinct from Reddit
>by enforcing formatting
>by enforcing spacing
>by enforcing what you can say
>by enforcing how you can say it

wew lad sounds like an anonymous reddit but whatever you say

spacing

>Picard lead.
lel he'll be on ds9 while the real cast is out with the Defiant.

>kino visual effects that took a team of artists weeks to make
>grade school level dialog that took 2 jews 5 minutes to write

What is so much modern television like this?

Attached: alex-kurtzman-3.jpg (300x300, 20K)

People like Picard.

People hate everything about STD, justified so.

>Prove me wrong
That's not how proof works. Take a humanities class to understand why civilization wouldn't work if people had to spend all day proving retards wrong. NO wonder you can't figure out how to run a desktop.

>Was anyone bitching about the picard show having a straight white male lead?
Yah. All the trannys who think STD is good because it had a black female lead. I think they're just bitching that after being "truly" progressive, Trek is now going back to pandering to white men again.

You know, the people who make up like 80% of its fanbase.

Attached: DKh2-qXWkAAhJw9.jpg (720x732, 189K)

The only thing I'm looking forward about this is hearing my best imaginary friend ramble about it.
TNG is overrated btw.

Attached: 1536902960880.png (466x428, 286K)

Protip: Yea Forums is blocked on most corporate networks

>why yes, I am an outsider with invalid opinions and worthless posts
Glad you've come to understand why you don't belong here and never will.

DS9 was still the majority of the time a comfy show. Enterprise was actually way darker (until they hit retard edgyness level with Discovery and forgot things like good written characters).

They are not watching that shit anymore. They would've made an episode by now.

>here's a random irrelevant fact
Holy shit. This kid is legitimately brain damaged. I bet he talks to his phone because he can't figure out how to make his thumbs work.

Is it 25% different?

it's space opera user, of course it doesn't make sense

That's fine. It's a good background detail and sounds like something Picard would do.

That doesn't mean the show won't be shit.

>he actually confirms it

Well okay bud, I can see we aren't going to get anywhere with your election-addled brain so we'll just agree to disagree and I'll keep doing whatever the hell I want while you toil under some weird expectations your created for yourself and your imaginary anonymous friends.

FUCK NIGGERS

FUCK KIKES

FUCK JANNIES

AND FUCK WEIRDOS LIKE THIS DUDE

Aren't they supposed to release a video about the second season of STD?

Regardless, that shit was done 10 years ago. Even if it's lazy, it's the last event we know of in the TNG timespan, so it's a good place to start.

>when confronted by his permanent "Other" status, the outsider overcompensates in his attempt to fit in instead of just correcting the problem he was initially identified for
Why are redditors so low IQ and tryhard, bros?

There are people who think that STD is good? Even if I wasn't a star trek fan horribly insulted by how it shits on canon or shits on klingons or ruins star fleet, its bland as fuck with a completely unlikable lead character

No one watched STD after the first few episodes to see what Pike was like.

Stewart is still extremely active, he does sports, theater and acts in movies. You can be very agile and active with 70+

Enterprise was amazing compared to STD. Made by the same people and stuff were recognizable. I think this will be the last jedi version of Picard. Prepare.

Attached: 1506290023930.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

>WEIRDOS
VERY reddit insult you have there.

Can you show us a source?

Let him post, he's been here for ten years and fathered five beautiful blue-eyed children and just wants to make this the best general on Yea Forums. These threads hit bump limits at 310 posts so we don't have much room for content, it's important every post contribute to important, serious discussions before the entire conversation disappears from the catalog. user is making /trek/ great again, what are you doing?

> Perfect Socilist future

> (((Picard))) owns a thousand hectare vineyard.

We aren't a hive mind, so yeah, everyone wants something different.

I hope it's just about him sitting at the vineyard making wine all day

Apparently fucking it all up with spacing.

Who knew the ecosystem of generals was so fragile?

Attached: 1553108943778.jpg (493x469, 48K)

Based and grandpapilled

>Calling it now
You really think you're the first faggot to think this is going to be as bad as STD? The fucking audacity of you

This.

>"stuff were recognizable"
>hideous blue jumpsuits
sure it were

It literally doesn't take place in the TNG universe and nothing but Picards name will be the same.

>look at my post 2016 meme girl, guise!

>W-why are you filming all of my scenes first?

>dating memes

Sure smells like Reddit in here.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-22 12-09-55.png (257x387, 104K)

Wait I thought STD took place pre-TNG?

what more do you need

>stop dating things!
>everyone will know i'm new and shouldn't be posting!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_sentence_spacing

have sex

>nasim
If this has been internet performance art then you're my girlfriend now

Attached: TELEMMGLPICT000159392379_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqp-SFu3xIvvexbcb9BaXwm1CXQLA4yAqSCERh0nDK4bQ.jpg (421x263, 14K)

Not perfect by any means. But leagues ahead of STD. (And it had some decent episodes.)

Attached: ohthehorror.png (508x556, 389K)

>wikipedia is a source
>too illiterate and black to understand the post was about his misuse of meme arrows
Retarded melanin levels detected.

>Admiral Quinn
>"go there and check the space around DS9"
>"...and kill everything you find"

"No!"

>DS9
The documentary was released to backers who’s got a link

The fag who makes the thread better put /trek/ in the subject or I'll s*ge the thread.

Attached: 1432138361587.jpg (636x716, 126K)

>The documentary was released to backers who’s got a link
You can't just say that and leave

Attached: 1543222141729.jpg (580x580, 37K)

Someone post the pasta about the DS9 doc being shit because it enable trannies.

>the flute at the end
Goddamn....

>too stupid to search other fields
>thinks sage does anything

There's a reason for that. No one wants to talk to you retard.

what a retarded and uninformed opinion, consider suicide.

Attached: Um, Sir excuse me.png (479x349, 258K)

Is Q confirmed?

Doesn't Picard have degenerative brain disease (or is that only a POSSIBLE future he experience in the finales)?

>why yes, I did just get here and that's why I have a Yea Forums folder filled with autistically named pictures

looks good

Is he wearing a fucking suit? Since when do people wear suits?

source?

Is that Whoopi talking?

What do you mean?

Attached: 7d0069e3fbc87c192995ae76e64c770e--patrick-stewart-patrick-obrian.jpg (720x576, 37K)

make a new tred

Is there anyway I can get a video of the bottom with the sound from the top? Or vice versa?

Yes. You could make it yourself, like a man.

i'm not computer wizard, I'd need to find either video first then learn how to download them off of the websites. I just wanna blow my load to jeri ryans sweet voice

unhelpful

These people right here.

Attached: YOU ruined 4chan.png (2012x836, 841K)

They're going to subvert the ever-living fuck out of this character.

much better than if they brought him back the same as he was

Hey I've been a life long trek fan, I'll cop to being here after the fall of Yea Forums though. Though we've lost the internet wholesale, there's no where else to go anymore. Its just either looking at corporate propaganda or governmental propaganda