Brightburn thread

I just watched an early showing of Brightburn at the theater where I work.
Before you ask, it was absolute trash

Ama

Attached: brightburnprankblogroll-1558384335767_270h.jpg (480x270, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slantmagazine.com/film/review-brightburn-is-a-soulless-mishmash-of-disparate-genre-elements/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the climax and how does it end

Spoilers, obviously, if I fucked up the spoiler thingy

[/spoiler]Kids killing a bunch of people, parents finally put two and two together.
Dad takes kid on hunting trip. Shoots him in the back of the head. Kid is immune, obviously. Kills dad, flies home and starts terrorizing Mom. Police show up, kills them.
Mom goes to the meteorite/spaceship and grabs piece of metal off it to stab him (earlier it cut him, it's basically his kryptonite or something). She goes for a hug, saying that she loves him, but when she tries to stab him he stops her. He flies up in the air and drops her. He sees a plane soon after and crashes it on the house in an attempt to cover his tracks.[/spoiler]

End credits is news shots of him destroying buildings and stuff.

so it's hostel levels of plot and wanton stupidity

this movie is the result of the writers discussion over a BBQ with his buddy " what if superman was evil"

the movie did shit all with the premise beyond , hes a cunt autist and kills people.

I don't care boy is evil. Boy is handsome.

Yea Forums watched it two weeks ago when the 1xbet cam leaked.

I got hard as a rock when Brightburn appeared outside the girls window. I hope there is a Brightburn II featurig Brightburn as a highschool senior featuring up and coming thots like Peyton List.

Attached: Internet Film Fan.jpg (970x600, 187K)

The main problem is that there is no character development from good boy to evil kid that kills everyone. He suddenly turns into a psychopath for no reason.
When the meteor activates for the first time, he turns angry and evilish while sleepwalking, but returns to his normal self when his mom wakes him up. So it seems like the meteor controls his mind to be evil, but literally a couple scenes later in the movie, he is just suddenly a psychopath in his normal, waking life. What??? There's no point where he struggles with the evil, he's just suddenly bad.
And it's not done in a way that makes sense. After the meteor scene, he still is normal, but a couple scenes later the family goes camping, and there, where he's far away from the meteor ship's influence, is where his character instantly becomes a psycho.

Also there's no reason why the movie starts at this point. The scene directly after the meteor ship wakes up for the first time, he's mowing the lawn and hurls it 30 ft away in anger. Hes shocked at his strength and a little scared, so it's reasonable to assume the meteor awakened his powers. The scene after he learns his super speed and flight, so it seems like this is the way the movie goes. However, later in the movie his parents mention he's always been invincible and never been injured, so wtf? Why does he suddenly start using his powers now?

There are multiple other major things I wanted to complain about in this movie, but it's not worth my time. I wish I would write more about both of those major flaws, because there's much more to say about them than what I wrote, but this shitty movie doesn't deserve my time desu

>it
the lawn mower, not the lawn lol

Final thought, James Gunn is a hack fraud

slantmagazine.com/film/review-brightburn-is-a-soulless-mishmash-of-disparate-genre-elements/
>The way the film shuttles through its 90 minutes, it’s as if it’s been stripped of its most crucial narrative parts.
This review is exactly my thoughts on this trash heap

>However, later in the movie his parents mention he's always been invincible and never been injured, so wtf? Why does he suddenly start using his powers now?
I don't understand what you mean. What's so unreasonable about the fact that they know their baby is invulnerable while the kid grows up not knowing it?

Any decent kills at least?

cam was released weeks ago you dumbass, no one cares about your ama

Is it horror or more of a thriller?

Not the user you're replying to, but I think the implication is that he doesn't show powers til he's older, but then suddenly the movie states he's had invincibility all along and they knew, but are still somehow freaked out about the powers as if they're just finding out

So the guy who posted the entire plot a few days ago was right.

What about the talks about an underwater person and a lady with a lasso, basically setting up an evil Justice League

Maybe they haven't seen Superman and don't know invincibility comes with superstrenght

I disagree. The movie was both better and worse than I thought it was going to be, but I don't think the kid needed character development. It would be dumb as hell if they tried to invent some kind of justification or motive, like he's the Columbine kids getting bullied except and thus goes crazy.

I thought it was an interesting enough take on Superman. We take for granted that Superman feels an empathy with and connection to humanity, but why would he? The kid's invincible. He's never had a broken bone, or even a headache. He was shocked when he cut his hand, because he's never felt anything like it, so why would he necessarily have such an aversion towards inflicting pain on other people? Would he even understand it? He can crush your hand without even really trying, and is incapable of understanding what it feels like to have your hand crushed, so why would he have to have some special motivation to do it?

I don't think he has to "use his powers" to keep his skin from getting cut by a lawn mower blade, the same way he needs to "use his powers" to fly. Kid falls out of a tree and is unscathed, his parents will think it's crazy that he didn't break any bones or even get a scrape, but would he? Parents would notice that he never threw up, or got the flu, but would he? How would he notice the absence of something if he's never experienced it, the same way his parents, who have gotten sick, and probably went to the emergency room for stitches or breaks as kids, would notice?

is it true about the evil justice league?
or that was just bs?

Watched it in Australia today.
>destroyed lawnmower blade is never addressed again
>kid obviously being possessed and trying to open the trapdoor to the ship is brushed off as sleepwalking and never addressed again
>kid bending the fork with his teeth in front of his adopted dad is never addressed again
>kid literally super-pushing his dad into the cabinet in FRONT OF HIS MOTHER is brushed off
FUUUUUUUUUUCK this movie.

It's BS

Some guys jaw gets torn off in a car crash in a pretty graphic scene.
The dad gets a lazer beam through his head, but it's a mostly off screen kill.
The kid drops the mom from way up in the sky, but you never see her land.

Does he ever fart on someone and it blows a hole in them like a shotgun?

Off-screen? We saw the whole thing. Kid Cyclopsed his dad.
The Noah death was brutal as fuck with the dislodged jaw desu

You forgot about:

The woman who gets the piece of glass in her eye, that she pulls out in close-up.

That first one would probably get to me a bit.
That shit made me uncomfortable just in the trailer.

I guess I phrased that poorly, I meant that you don't really get a good shoot of his head exploding that isn't obstructed by the lazer beams, and you don't get a shot of his corpse in the aftermath

That’s kinda disappointing I thought the premise sounded interesting. Is it just bad because it’s just random destruction or because it didn’t make sense

>That shit made me uncomfortable just in the trailer.

Yeah, it's absurdly long, in close-up. It finally cuts away after 10 seconds, but then it just cuts back for more. I haven't involuntarily said "what the fuck" while I'm watching a movie since the end of The Enemy.

Yep, that'd do it.

>visionary director
reminder james pedo just wanted to diddle the lead

I didn't watch any of the trailers and jumped in without really knowing anything other than "it's evil Superman kid"

It wasn't great but better than I expected for such a bargain bin concept such as evil Superman. I get the complaints that the switch to evil happened too quickly but it feels more like he was a psychopath the whole time and was just keeping up appearances because his parents were the only ones he actually liked. If it was just constant bullying or the parents going mental as soon as he shows them his super strength or something, it would have been way worse. I like that he's a freaky alien who scrawls symbols everywhere and has a god complex built into his biological nature instead of a good kid who turns evil. Besides that though, there's nothing special and it's a very cliche horror film until the last ten minutes where it actually becomes interesting with the plane crash and worldwide footage but then it just ends.

I was expecting a 2/10 and maybe got a 5/10. Not good enough to warrant a sequel which is kind of a shame because I'm interested in what happens next but it would have to be a completely different genre with a much higher budget and that's not gonna happen.

>but I don't think the kid needed character development
See, the problem is that they set him up as a normal kid, but then he suddenly becomes a psychopath. Not an evil human, but a psychopath. A normal human would not become a psycho unless they had brain damage.

There is a massive difference between Ted Bundy and Ted Kaszinski. A psychopath kills because they have no empathy and killing makes them feel good. A human kills because of some reason beyond that.
A normal person would not just turn into a subhuman psychopath, human evil is like Hitler or Stalin evil, they believe they should rule for whatever reason and do what they need to for that.

They should set him up as wanting to rule the world because he's the strongest and he feels deserves that, but that's not the way it goes. He just kills indiscriminately or for short term profit. Like he knocks down buildings to kill people but doesn't try to conquer anything. There's a HUGE difference between an amoral Nietzschian Übermensch-esque character and the rabid human animal that a psychopath is.

I get what you're saying but the movie didn't go in that direction, he was a normal kid until he turns into a psycho.

>he was a psychopath the whole time and was just keeping up appearances
That would make the most sense, but his character really is set up as a normal kid who turns bad.
There are loving letters he wrote to his parents, he clearly shows genuine love towards them (especially the mom when she wakes up his sleepwalking) and he acts shocked and scared with his powers. The way his character's entire demeanor changes instantly at the start of the camping scene is jarring, at that point on he switches from tortured and confused human to psychopath.

The easiest explanation is that he was a normal kid who gets his alien biology activated (outside of invincibility I guess for some reason) by the ship. The movie doesn't really try to explain anything and they just end up throwing around the Berserk symbol everywhere and having him chant an alien language that tells him to take over the world. And I guess the moments where he still acts like a normal kid are either him keeping up appearances so his parents don't find out or him genuinely coming to grips with going from a normal child to supergod alien with murderous instinct. It was really horribly executed though, they should have chosen one or the other and left out the alien ship brainwashing part entirely for a better narrative. I was completely on board with the alien with no human morality outside of loving his parents until the end scene where he tells his mom with tears in his eyes that he really wants to be good, which kind of ruins that for me.

It’s been out for 2 weeks