The Winds of Winter - Summer 2020

>In the summer of 2020, Wellington is hosting the World Science Fiction Convention
>if I don’t have THE WINDS OF WINTER in hand when I arrive in New Zealand for worldcon, you have here my formal written permission to imprison me in a small cabin on White Island, overlooking that lake of sulfuric acid, until I’m done. Just so long as the acrid fumes do not screw up my old DOS word processor, I’ll be fine

The Winds of Winter will be finished in 2019 and published in the summer of 2020. Possibly published earlier.

The fans complaining and demanding a re-make of season 8 has gotten to him. He'll get the book out so there'll be a re-make.

Attached: georgerrmartin21280-24129-pmjpg-c74b85_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/george-r-r-martin-just-set-a-very-peculiar-winds-of-wi-1834953464
youtube.com/watch?v=5aO_CsqfBAo
youtube.com/watch?v=4FCwcdgwh8Q
youtu.be/943id1wVYSs
youtube.com/watch?v=nNG3PRh5m1I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>summer of 2020
Getting too old for this shit. The show has already spoiled the ending anyways.

TWoW is done. D&D gagged him.

No

It'll be hilarious when he dies in like January 2020 and they find out he hasn't been writing shit.

the fat fuck is more likely to die before 2020

didn't he say shit like this in 2016, when he promised us that year was THE year

The fat fuck originally claimed the release date would be in the summer of 2014. FUCKING 5 YEARS AGO

So? He still has one more book to write after that. Fuck you George, no one cares anymore. You fucked up by letting the show get made before you finished everything. Give it up.

the hell is a DOS?

>Ah, my book is finally finished.
>Urk! (dies of heart attack)
>Obese fat ass falls on the computer, completely destroying it
>Corpse catches fire, house burns down along with all copies of the manuscript

Please, merchants. Don't make him disappear just because it's not a feminist ending.

There were rumors that he had actually finished and was about to hand in Winds in 2015 but he changed his mind about something and then went on a huge rewrite of multiple things. I believe that his official hand in is this year, and he'll start ADOS late next year and it will be actually quickly written due to him knowing the ending to multiple POV's for literal decades

>Getting too old for this shit. The show has already spoiled the ending anyways.

THIS, although I usually cheat and flip to the ending first anyways. I never liked Dany so I'm relieved to knows the bitch is outed as evil and then killed.

I'm glad Arya survived...and Lyanna wasn't forcibly married, like the first one would have been -- think she preferred death.

Of course, GRRM could be trolling and his books could have a completely different ending.

Attached: GoT - Night King Creation.png (2880x1615, 3.42M)

yes goyim, you can trust me. 2020 for sure

Attached: 1556680769748.jpg (933x1024, 197K)

I don't get why people keep saying he's going to die soon, he's 70 and absurdly rich. The absurdly rich, regardless of weight and age live much longer than the average person. I can see GRRM pushing 80+

But who fucking cares. The show spoiled everything. What's even the point of finishing the books?

probably, but it also wouldn't be too shocking if he did die tomorrow or something.

I heard that Half-Life 3 will be released just after he finishes the books

>yfw he dies and in his will he names Brandon Sanderson as the one to complete ASOIAF

Attached: 1477913449206.png (279x292, 45K)

He doesn't need to die. All it takes is a debilitating condition like a stroke to ruin his ability.
I don't wish ill on him but the clock is ticking.

>the show spoiled everything
Wrong faggot
There are multiple good characters in the books who will have a vastly different outcome in the books
>Tyrion
>Jamie
>Arianne
>Aegon
>Victarion
>Actual Euron
>Varys and Littlefinger will be useful
>Cersei's death will be different
>Lady Stoneheart

There's a good theory backed by evidence that was the case but then he started a massive rewrite some time in late 2015.

>D&D purposely ran the show into a steaming pile of shit and ruined most of the characters and abandoned most of the plot just so people would complain louder and motivate the fat fuck into actually finishing the books
Thank you based D&D

>all these people wanting for him to fail
Come on Martin, you can do it.

It's still shitty. We know major plot points including the main ending. When I read the books I didn't know anything, and that's what made them enjoyable. My enthusiasm for this series is dead.

Some of those characters are just scaffolding for others.

Lady Stoneheart will serve as a lesson for Arya that revenge is wrong. Victarion the Lord Retard of the Iron Fleet is a literal dragonbait, the Horn will likely cause the freed dragons to go berserk and just burn Mereen down.

fAegon is also a supporting character for several plot points, without him those collapse.
Dorne was built around him, as was Varys.

man i just want to know if stannis is gonna win the battle of winterfell and probably davos / rickon storyline. Next is the siege of mereen with based barristan

Attached: comfyjon.png (309x399, 185K)

D&D merged fAegon and Jon in the show
Jon stays dead in the books

He's been giving himself deadlines that he fails to meet, for years. And for years he's said he won't set deadlines for himself.

He's a dumb old man that only cares about vacationing. He only writes when he's at home on his ancient computer. And purposefully spends a lot of time away from home. I'm fine with him riding off this success and enjoying it, but I don't like his shitty attitude towards fans and poor work ethic.

>Ten years from now, no one is going to care how quickly the books came out. The only thing that will matter, the only thing anyone will remember, is how good they were. That's my main concern, and always will be.

Official blog, July 2007

nah, I really don't think so
that battle of winterfell was so close to where the books ended that I'm certain that how it was in the show and how it would be in the books are 1:1

D&D did it like that because they thought Ramsay's letter was actually real.

>mfw DnD wrote a scene into the finale where they shit on George

Sam and Tyrion are inserts for George. All Sam did was come up with the title, and someone else wrote the story that will be remembered. Tyrion isn't mentioned, and nobody will remember GRRM in the future because the books will never be finished. They're saying that their show will be what history remembers. It's their story now.

70 year old Niki Lauda says HELLO

The books hint that Ramsey will beat Stannis I think. The straightforward path is that Stannis has a clever strategy to use the frozen lake to fool Ramsey's army to trap themselves. But I think Martin is setting us up to be surprised that the Bastard Bolton will win. Stannis will underestimate Ramsey. My guess is that Ramsey will kidnap someone close to Stannis and win psychologically.

Attached: 1552257181389.jpg (1024x768, 155K)

There's so much set up for the possibility that they Stannis could lose that I bet he won it - Pink Letter, Stannis himself says that it's likely they'll lose the battle and he might even die... there's more to it.

Kidnap who? There's no one with him but his army and the two Greyjoys.

Skagos storyline will be the shit, can't wait for it. Tarzan Stark riding unicorns? Bring it.

>although I usually cheat and flip to the ending first anyways
for what purpose?

It's real holy shit

io9.gizmodo.com/george-r-r-martin-just-set-a-very-peculiar-winds-of-wi-1834953464

He'll never live to finish Dream of Spring tho

>When I read the books I didn't know anything, and that's what made them enjoyable.
>tfw rereading the books and enjoying them even more

Attached: IMG_20190508_162032.jpg (879x720, 147K)

Obsessed incels

Why doesn't fat fuck just run DOS in a virtual machine on a modern computer? There's a GPL licensed alternative that's designed to be compatible with legacy programs and run smoothly in a virtual environment.

He's fat which is the main problem.

A good sign seems to be he's in good health and very energetic for 70. Compare him to bernie sanders at 70 who was (and is) like a wet towel

Battle of Mereen is actually pretty hype considering it's Essos shit. Barry commanding and Victarion getting involved definitely helps..

He might try to fool him into thinking he has killed or actually has Shireen. For instance, he might be able to obtain some personal effects of hers and claim to have raped her or something. Inability to confirm the falsity of this, and other forms of gas-lighting and lies, may be used to torment and cause doubt for Stannis. There is also foreshadowing from the first book that Stannis is brittle and, like an iron bar, is both strong, but can break. Martin will show Stannis "breaking".

Even if TWoW does get released, it's pretty much guaranteed now that he's going to drop dead before the final book.

There are dozens of main characters that never got into the show. I believe that a lot of the more stupid plot decisions in the show were made due to the lack of some of these important characters forcing them to take shortcuts and make up retarded ideas to deal with a lot of shit. But even if those characters didn't exist I would still read the books just so I could get the good version of the story. Saying you aren't going to read the books because you already saw the show is like saying you refuse to watch the show because you already read the books. You might know the overall plot but a lot of things are still going to be different. Just because you saw the Lord of the Rings movies first doesn't mean you can't enjoy the books after.

Stubborn old fuck refuses to join the modern world. Still uses livejournal, only works when he's at home with his DOS. It's an excuse to not have to bring his work outside of the home. Give him a laptop with his old DOS writing program and he'll actually have to do work.

Can't wait for based Davos to adopt Wex and teach him how to read

boomer computer stuff, don't worry about it

cringe

I agree that Stannis will break, he already is a kinslayer who used magic because he was in a tought spot. I just don't think it will happen during the Battle. He might win the battle but lose the war.

>The Horn will likely cause the freed dragons to go berserk and just burn Mereen down

Areny they already started burning everything right after Quentyn freed them? also as long as Moqorro thinks Victarion is fullfilling his God plans he will make sure his dumbassness wont ruin him

TWOW will be released and GRRM will still be alive when it does. Dream of Spring is the main issue

Serious question, why are people POSITIVE that the show ending and the book ending will be the same?

Stannis’ daughter is back at Dragonstone right now

GRRM seems defensive about the show ending

There's really no way the two endings can be more than 75% similar given the drastic show vs book differences past season 6 or so

The broad stroke events will probably be similar but details will be very different

Yes but they are sort of just hanging around for now. Tyrions tWoW chapter is confusing as hell in regards to the state of the city prior to the battle.

Euron gave Victarion the Horn for a reason.
Moqorro is shady as fuck, his visions directly contradict the odds that the ''quest'' will be successful.

I think you’re over thinking it. Sam is simply GRRM’s avatar so of course he named it. I think they were more just joking that the completed show version is the only completed A Song of Ice and Fire that exists

Give the fans some fuckin' sequels, eh?

Attached: 3257211.jpg (238x286, 17K)

There is no time (and sense) to build up another battle for Winterfell after the one Stannis is fighting. Not to mention that Jon wont be ressurected until at least mid book and book Ramsay isnt an omniscent demigod like in the show but just a sadist with a simple animal-like cunning. Stannis would destroy him in a battlefield.

Also the pink letter use "crown" as an insult to the Night's Watch, but nobody south of the wall use that word...it's a wildlings insult, and book Mance Rayder is alive and currently undercover under the Boltons nose. He is the true author probably

no more sex, no swear words, everything is a gimmick and anime fights. but there will be magic systems and safe hands.

>Wait a minute there's manuscript here
>It's just 4200 pages of descriptions of food

possibly, I just dont think he is going to beat ramsey.
I know, I'm just thinking of some way that ramsey might be able to fuck with stannis. Maybe they could send false lettters making him think something terrible has happened at home.

>points out Tyrion isn't mentioned in the book

It's about Tyrion (aka GRRM) not being remembered.

she is at castle black
because mad dany is hinted in the book even in the show + house of undying vision

I still take that as more trying to be funny and referencing Varys saying he won’t be mentioned in the history books

It’s fucking obvious his books have a different ending why would he just copy the show

you must be a retard, then

>Not to mention that Jon wont be ressurected until at least mid book and book Ramsay

Don't be so sure. Dance teased that Melisandre loses her faith in Stannis, Shireen and Selyse are at the Wall. They might burn her to bring Jon back rather quickly but then again there's that ice flower in the wall prophecy/vision and the last chapter explicitly talks about the ice chambers in the Wall.

I wont say actuall mad, just increasing ruthless and cruel just like Maegor, and to a less extent Aegon the Conqueror. This dude burned thousands of Dornishmen to punish them for the death of his wife in a spark of rage, and Viserys always warned against "awakening the dragon". What will happen if someone will make a true Dragon like Daenerys awake in anger?

On the surface that's what it is. So that they have plausible deniability. But I'm 100% confident they had my explanation as their underlying message.

what viewers see
>callback to varys
what DnD and people who hate GRRM see
>callback to GRRM being a shitty old man

He said they will end in the same place. And most characters will end up in the same place (if they were part of the show). He's not copying the show, he told them what he plans to write in the books and they used that for the base of the show.

Grrm has hinted at changing his planned endings just because he's a spiteful cunt.

The only similarities will be Dany getting killed and the white walkers stopped.

What was his tax policy?

Attached: 1558599676475.jpg (739x415, 29K)

May be, but i still think Jon's took Stannis storyline in season 6, and then the book storyline will diverge too much to found any similarities but the actual endings.

I think Martin likes Ramsey's character too much to have him lose this quickly. And Stannis seems to me to have talked too dismissively about Ramsey's abilities. Like in the show, I think there will be a fucked up twist that gives Ramsey some advantage and makes Stannis flinch or do something stupid. I'm not certain, but thats what seems to be being built up to. Stannis will pull some clever ruse to fool the Bolton army, but it may not matter if Ramsey is focused more on a clever act of terrorism to distract and paralyze Stannis.

>implying the fat fuck is under any obligation to recognize d&d's bowel movements as canon

wew lad, went a bit too far there

>He said they will end in the same place.
As in the last act is in the same place.
The actors and event, won't be the same.

>I never liked Dany so I'm relieved to knows the bitch is outed as evil and then killed.
this. fucking hated that little speech to her remaining dothraki and unsullied in the last episode. Her mouth looks fucked up when she tries to talk loudly. Plus the actress is a cunty feminist whore, of course.

My only complaint was that the last season was far too rushed. Should have been around 10 seasons to wrap everything up at the correct pace.

>endings
Why can't you all just admit it will never get finished? I will eat my shoe if he manages to finish the entire series before he dies. Screencap this.

"I don't think Dan and Dave's ending is going to be that different from my ending,"

If nothing else, the writers have created a situation where it's almost a certainty the show and books will end differently. In the show, Winter came and went, and the Battle At the End Of the World, while enormous in scope and impressive to see, was undermined by characters plot armor in the face of the coming War against Cersei.

I normally don't like after show interviews, but the one for EP3 is worth watching. The writers couldn't have been any more bored of the entire Long Night plot. That's what it comes down to. They're much more interested in the human drama, that by their own admission, the Great Battle At the End of the World was basically boring to them unless they pulled it closer to the characters.

And this is where the writer-producers basically sabotaged the show. If the question of "who rules Kings Landing" was resolved already, then the Great Battle At the End of the World would have been free to have been to kill 7 out of every 10 characters and really drive home the whole "Ragnarok" feeling

see

>make stories for fun
>get to sell them and make some good money
>motivated to push out more, work on my story
>people approach me
>"wanna make a show with this story?"
>hell yeah, what a dream to see my story brought to life
>make some REALLY good money
>suddenly millions of people instead of thousands like the story
>the pressure of people asking for the conclusion also expands thousandfold
>cannot think anymore about "what would happen now in my story?"
>can only think "what HAS TO happen now?"
>cry myself to sleep every night even though I have all the money in the world

Just like paparazzi to a famous actor, needy fans are the death of any private joy and therefore creative output in an author. Not defending him (I never read any of his works) but I can understand why this shit happens.

Lads, who wants to join me on a quest to murder GRRM and destroy his computer?

oh, it will finish. it just won't be GRRM that finishes it. he's too slow for that. They'll just have Brandon Sanderson finish it after he finished Wheel of Time for Robert Jordan (and did a good job of it).

It's possible for sure, but instead i think Martin would prefer to actually have Roose as the main antagonist as long as the control of the North is at stake, and then after the Bolton power collapse have Ramsay being some sort of dangerous madman wandering around to recover Reek and his trophy wife. That search could send him to the wall and allow a face-off with Jon without forcing the plot to redo the Stannis storyline with Snow in his place. Not to mention that a Stannis complete victory and his possible death shortly after will still make Jon Snow in the position to be crowned King in The North without actuall having to fight anybody by himself

Before the show came out he was fucked already in terms of being creatively bankrupt. It took him 10 years to write one book. And that was before GoT was the biggest show in the world. It's not fans faults, it's his. He's chosen to be lazy and have a shitty attitude publicly.

d&d's ending isn't possiblle without what they did to arya stark.
She isn't the same character in the book.
Lady stonehart exist too.

Are you too autistic to understand you can't tell the hand that is paying you hired a bunch of fucking hacks?

GRRM has repeatedly stated that he hates fanfiction. He would never allow someone other than himself to finish the novels.

>the Battle At the End Of the World, while enormous in scope and impressive to see, was undermined by characters plot armor in the face of the coming War against Cersei.
This, plus your whole post. Ep. 3 would have been a great spot to end it, but with many more dying.

He has bitched about them plenty. I didn't make that quote, GRRM did. He said the endings won't be very different, not me.

>Fatso will die of fat before ending the saga
>After showfags BTFO by D&D, bookfags will end up eternally BTFO too
Like poetry.

Is there a nght king in the book?

I take it back then. Just a lazy fatso.

>Brandon Sanderson

No. I like The Stormlight Archive but still, after all these years and all these books, he can't write a dialogue if his life depended on it. His best dialogue is Martins worst dialogue.

His prose is good, sometimes even better than Martins (his weakness) but I just don't see Sanderson writing a good PoV chapter for Tyrion.

Reader here. Gonna watch the series now that it's over - one question though:

Who was cast as Marwyn?

I wonder if you could EMP his shit since older computers aren't as well shielded. Or just hook it to a dimmer controlled outlet so you could brown it out and fry it that way. You know, in theory. Imagine the butthurt if he lost all the progress on the new book.

>books finished
>they're better
the eternal dab

No, entirely a D&D invention.

And I doubt there will be a NK in the books. Martin has always rebelled the idea of a single bad guy who is killed by a single good guy.

Let's just sneak into his house and take a baseball bat to his hard drive. And his fat ass too.

doesn't exist

There is no Marwyn. There is no Victarion, Lady Stoneheart, Manderly and a dozen more characters.

what the fuck

maybe. who then?

I didn't care for the stormlight archive for some reason. I loved Mistborn, Elantris, and Warbreaker though.

Then we agree (though you may be a diff. poster) that the "same place" [verbatim] as the show isn't possible de facto.

My main take away from Stannis dismissing Ramsay is expecting Stannis to possibly be brutally tortured at some point. Because although Stannis seems like the one person in Westeros most likely to be immune to torture or Ramsay’s shit, he’s still just a man. No matter how hard he is, torture Is torture.
Otherwise, I think it was a fair response and a good reminder of what Ramsay is and how his power largely existed in Theon’s mind. He’s just a bastard of Bolton with no real accomplishments beyond breaking essentially a frightened child.

Holy shit is this real? There is no undead menace in the books? Whats the barrier for and whats Jon Snow storyline? He completely revolves around undead in the show (minus killing NK bc D&D are frauds)

Reminder.

Attached: D5SuBeTXoAAbMdc.jpg (970x446, 102K)

I dreamt last night that TWOW was released before Christmas this year, it could actually happen.

>There is no undead menace in the books?
There is a menace north of the wall other than the wildlings, but it's likely not undead.

No there is an undead threat and Jon’s purpose is very similar. It’s just that the book White Walkers do not seem to have a single centralized leader, and if they do it’s no more important than Mance Rayder was to the Wildlings. Not every wildling died with Mance, and not every wight/walker dies with theirs

There are White Walkers, who are much more mysterious. They show up once every book (minus Feast) and we have no idea about their origins.
Show also simplified them quite a lot, in the books they talk and are more, well, ''elevated'' as creatures.

No lie. They cut out a lot, Dorne was essentially butchered, there is no Young Griff or Quentyn. The list goes on.

there is no night king but there are still the others so no dumb thing like kill the boss and all the others will die

no faceless men / euron / alleras plot on oldtown. a lot of difference in the books.
season 1 - 4 is still good and follows the book while season 5 is half book content / filler

Basically the White Walkers(Others in the book) are fully alive strange beings of ice. Not just ice zombies

>journey to a volcano to complete the main quest
hmm where have we seen rhis before?

he is obese user

This absolute level of cope. It will be 2030 at the earliest before we see spring

>Brandon Sanderson

And he will write it in a gay hat

Attached: BS teaching in Gay Hat.png (1280x720, 307K)

Literally means fucking nothing if he's being treated by world class doctors and has access to the best hospitals in the world

This is exactly why I hated that episode. It was basically an inversion of what Martin has claimed to be against.

Now the really interesting thing will be to see how exactly he handles it without cheating a la bad guy vs good guy trope.

>there is no Young Griff or Quentyn.
okay seriously what the fuck

Never read the books. How's GRRM's prose? Is he a good writer?

George is more concered with the money err I mean work as an Executive Producer on several cash-ins errr I mean spinoffs he's doing instead of the novels.

There is a Night King, but he is not the leader of the Others, just a historical figure (a Night's Watch commander who fucked a white walker and declared himself king of the Wall)

There's seriously no Citadel plotlines at all?

how

He dreamt an old dream, of three knights in white cloaks, and a tower long fallen, and Lyanna in her bed of blood. In the dream his friends rode with him, as they had in life. Proud Martyn Cassel, Jory’s father; faithful Theo Wull; Ethan Glover, who had been Brandon’s squire; Ser Mark Ryswell, soft of speech and gentle of heart; the crannogman, Howland Reed; Lord Dustin on his great red stallion. Ned had known their faces as well as he knew his own once, but the years leech at a man’s memories, even those he has vowed never to forget. In the dream they were only shadows, grey wraiths on horses made of mist. They were seven, facing three. In the dream as it had been in life. Yet these were no ordinary three. They waited before the round tower, the red mountains of Dorne at their backs, their white cloaks blowing in the wind. And these were no shadows; their faces burned clear, even now. Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, had a sad smile on his lips. The hilt of the greatsword Dawn poked over his right shoulder. Ser Oswell Whent was on one knee, sharpening his blade with a whetstone. Across his white-enameled helm, the black bat of his House spread its wings. Between them stood fierce old Ser Gerold Hightower, the White Bull, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. ”I looked for you on the Trident,” Ned said to them. ”We were not there,” Ser Gerold answered. ”Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” said Ser Oswell.

Attached: 1533272827946.jpg (602x557, 160K)

Sam goes to the Citadel briefly. It’s easy to remove the Citadel plot line when you don’t care at all about exploring the lore of the world. Basically the maestars are both oddly out of touch and very well informed at the same time

”When King’s Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were.” ”Far away,” said Ser Gerold, “or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.” ”I came down to Storm’s End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, “and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.” ”Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Arthur Dayne. ”Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.” ”Ser Willem is a good man and true,” said Ser Oswell. ”But not of the Kingsguard,” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.” ”Then or now,” said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm. ”We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Gerold. Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three. ”And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light. ”No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice, “now it ends.” As they came together in a rush of steel and shadow, he could hear Lyanna screaming. “Eddard!” she called. A storm of rose petals blew across a blood-streaked sky, as blue as the eyes of death.”

compare to the shitty show:
youtube.com/watch?v=5aO_CsqfBAo

Attached: 1546723965629.jpg (1458x1626, 698K)

The reason why the last 3 seasons have sucked so much is because they cut those characters and tried to integrate parts of them in to other characters. So Jow became what Stannis could be in the Winds, parts of fAegon were integrated in to Cersei. It's a mess.

Prose is his weakness. It's passable and peaks in aCoK and aSoS. Dialogue and exposition is his strength, it's a joy to read and reread certain chapters (The Forsaken and others I won't spoil).

Sam goes to the Citadel, does a turbo training, discovers particular secret, saves one person and goes away.
There are lame hints at the Grand Maester conspiracy but those were book-aware fan services, nothing serious.

way to fucking late, dream of spring should have been finished and published last year

this fat fuck doesnt deserve my patience anymore

difference in the show
>jaqen become a trainer of arya in braavos. no hint if it's real or not
>euron wins the kingsmoot and has a butchered storyline where he sides with cersei
>no alleras and sam is in oldtown curing jorah of greyscale (not jon) and learning or R+L=J and fucks off to oldtown

They had to keep the same cast afloat and didn't basically change all the POVs like George did in the books.

As a result Dorne and Reach became inconsequential filler, while the Stark / Lannister plots continued in full strength. Dany has gotten a fleet in Meereen twice.

Don't call what happened in the show the Kingsmoot.

I'll never forget that butchery. The lame actor did not help at all either.

I'm still salty they got Ian McShane but didn't have him play Marwyn, would have been fucking perfect.

a mix of both. he seriously needs a editor with the detailed explanation of ships and food that can be omitted.

An example of a good one is here
“I looked for you on the Trident,” Ned said to them.

“We were not there,” Ser Gerold answered.

“Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” added Ser Oswell.

“When King’s Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were.”

“Far away,” Ser Gerold said, “or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.”

“I came down on Storm’s End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, “and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”

”Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Arthur Dayne.

“Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.”

“Ser Willem is a good man, and true,” said Ser Oswell.

“But not of the Kingsguard,” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.”

“Then, or now,” said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

”We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Gerold.

Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, shadow swords in their hands. They were seven against three. “And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

“No,” said Ned with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”

Attached: noh.jpg (776x883, 34K)

Aegon was integrated into Jon, complete with Varys backing.
The GC was misused (should have had Varys write them letters to open the gates for Jon).

>having a lot of money makes you invincible
Not work like that user. It sure help if you take care of yourself and it sure help in taking care of yourself, but thats it. If you are like "lmao YOLO" then you have same % of end up BTFO as the average guy.
t. physician

There'll probably be a new Night's King, but he won't be the bloodthirsty ravaging leader of the hivemind he is in the show, just a repeat of the NK legend. And he'll be Jon. He already basically did the whole NK story but with Wildlings.

yeah no horn at all plus no nagga's rib

Fuck him and his promises. I`m still gonna buy and read this book, but i`m not gonna be happy about it ok

Dany dying is fine, the world domination part is stupid. Three eyed crow is evil in the books, so the ending is going to be much better.

>should have had Varys write them letters to open the gates for Jon
>Jon gets the Throne handed to him
>After Dany sacrificed her child, her friends and her army for his cause
>This causes her to go mad

Attached: gotscreentime.png (3000x6000, 880K)

>a new Night's King
stop

Attached: 1548922981254.png (2560x1440, 3.3M)

THREE EYED CROW IS EVIL IN THE SHOW TOO.

“Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all. I have seen their peoples garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in half a hundred tongues. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy... protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sellswords at my door. Protect me from the Silence.” He laughed. “Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray.”

Q_Q
>tfw no crazy bi pirate blood sorcerer with a valyrian steel armour to follow to

I have to say I do like the inclusion of the line “I wish you good fortune in the wars to come” in the show. Dayne knowing exactly what would happen after the war

His prose is passable, nothing special but not complete dogshit either, though his dialogue is solid. Plot and characterisation is where he really excels, which I would argue is worth more.

I couldn't tell, he just seemed like an autist

>swore to protect the realm from the enemy beyond the wall
>fell in love with one of them
>formed an alliance
>helped them get through the wall
>murdered for breaking his oaths
Replace Others with Wildlings and Jon is already the new Night's King.

Attached: 1533575129276.webm (960x540, 2.66M)

>The Chad Dragonride

Well, to be fair, Jon absolutely deserves to die. They killed him not for the Wildlings but because he decided to march on the Boltons.

Worldbuilding is his biggest weakness as an author, probably because he's not a doctor of medieval European history. Things like the application of castles in war and the placement of Bravos don't make much sense

kek

now he's gonna rush the book and it'll be shit

Except no war followed for decades until both Ned and Robert became old. That line also implies he'd lose when he clearly went for the kill.

>gods I fucking hate these Wildling bastards they all smell like shit and want to eat us, go home you cunts Westeros is full, I wish they'd all just fuck off already
>hey guys I need to nip out for a bit to go save the North, you don't have to come with me or anything but I'll take the Wildlings along
>no you won't fuck you *stab stab stab*
Bowen Marsh is just retarded.

>decades
One decade + six years. Anyone who was paying attention would know it was all going to go to shit when Bobby died.

how so?

Desertion is death. Jon would've been executed by any northern lord no matter his cause.

>I think Martin likes Ramsey's character too much to have him lose this quickly
Does he? He's just portrayed as a hideous psychopath in the books with some cunning but no fighting ability and no long-term thought. I don't think George favors him that much. The show certainly gave him more grace than he ever had in the books.

And anyone paying attention knew if it wasn't for Howland Reed Ned would've died then and there and he wouldn't have been in any wars to come.

And anyone paying attention would know Howland Reed was there so what might have happened were he not there doesn't really matter.

Even if he somehow manages TWOW he isn’t going to finish the rest of the series. At bare MINIMUM he has 1 more book after, and even with that I don’t think he can finish everything with that, I think he needs at least 2 more books

If you killed everyone at Castle Black who broke their vows there'd be no-one at Castle Black.

>what might have happened were he not there doesn't really matter.
Which means Arthur Dayne saying those lines is d&d's garbage.

>I will mostb likely lose, and then Bolton will come for the Night Watch and kill you all
You forgot this part m8. Jon was a deserter and a death threat for the Watch

>there are people who LITERALLY, UNIRONICALLY thought he was going to release all the books right after the show ended
OH NO NO NO NO

It was in the show and it wasn't in the books so yes Sherlock it's D&D's garbage well done you deductive motherfucker you.

youtube.com/watch?v=4FCwcdgwh8Q

0:50

Did you also follow that all the replies originated at
>I have to say I do like the inclusion of the line
you humongous retard.
Have a nice day.

You forgot the part where "Ramsay" said in the letter that he's coming for the Night's Watch already, so Jon restating it doesn't exactly change anything.

Thats the impression i got as well.

There's a difference between sleeping with some whores and outright desertion.

Have a shit day you pretentious cunt.

I think you arre confusing show ramsay with book ramsay. Book ramsay is a fucking retard. And the guuy leading his forcs (a frey) is even MORE retarded.

>as long as Moqorro thinks Victarion is fullfilling his God plans
Honestly, in regards of Moqorro, I think he's just using Victarion to get to the real Azor Ahai - Daenerys. I think he's just bullshitting Vic, telling him what he wants to hear, that he will marry Daeneris and defeat his enemies and so on. No way Dany will marry his old pirate ass, but the guy is too stupid to realize that.

The show turned him into a fucking superhuman compared to the books. If book Ramsay killed Roose he'd be dead within the hour.

Shouldn't this thread be in Yea Forums?

Aw shit, need a re read. Anyway Jon brought it all at the NW by interfering in civil war business, so I still see some logic in his murder. And also the Watch could give his head to the Boltons later and maybe they would back off

The first two Elder Scrolls ran in it.

>feed DnD wrong and lackluster information about the ending.
>show ending completely unsatisfactory, intended to get people upset
>book sales skyrocket because fans want the "real" ending

Jon will warg ghost, find bran. Bran wargs hodor and ghost go to land of always winter. Learn power to bring back the dead. Jon becomes the NK, battles the others.

No Marwyn & fAegon cripples the show. I like to believe Marwyn is Legton Hightower and be facilitated Danny growing up “red door”. And Danny will discover this when she lands in dorne

You have to remember prophecies are only as accurate as the person interpreting them. Melisandre's are proven true in context, but she's shit at reading what they actually mean. Moqorro isn't necessarily misleading Victarion on purpose, and just because he won't marry Dany doesn't mean he won't rise to glory and slay his enemies (Euron being top of that list).

yeah right

I don't think it will ever be finished, its going the same way as Half Life 3.

Glory in Vic instance means burned alive fren

They could have just as easily let him go, and if Ramsay came then handed over the Wildlings and Baratheons he demanded. And if Jon won, then all the better. Killing him was just dumb.

Why would anyone do that, just go on the internet and make shit up?

>turning the pig-arm man into the full-body crackling man
He'd be unstoppable.

Show Euron comes across as some particularly violent and mad reaver that would flock to the real Euron's cause once he became king and someone that Euron would occasionally unleash during reaving and battles throughout the Reach. He'd be Euron's mad dog like how the Mountain was Tywin's.

>retard
>fools everyone with the Reek twist

He has cunning but he’s no military commander.

He can be cunning but his violent nature and indulgences always get better of him and will be his undoing.

kek I love CK2

GURM deserves more credit for the female characters. They never feel like pandering bullshit or simply men with tits. Sansa, Brienne, Cersei, etc. feel like actual females and are good characters as well.

Look, you idiots, we've been through this. I'll do it again;

>The first book took a year and a half to finish
>book two took two years
>book three took two years
>book four took FIVE YEARS
>book five took SIX YEARS
>book six has taken EIGHT FUCKING YEARS and is still not done, and there is no real evidence he has more than 200 pages finished

Just think about what that look like if you plot that out on a graph. Then consider he's 70 years old, obese and eats nothing but lemoncakes and cheese and drinks free booze at cons. Even if, by some miracle, WoW was actually finished before his body gives out he would still have to finish SoS from scratch, which following the graph would take 10-12 years.

It's not happening. Accept it. Take it into your heart and accept it. The shitty, childishly bungled garbage we got last week is the ONLY ending we will ever get.

>drinks free booze at cons
Based. Any links to this shit?

NOW...NIKI QUIETER

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

whats he gonna do if his dead?

Is this an illustration of the "Gods I was strong then" story?

>mfw martin has already finished the book a few years ago but refused to release it because he had a fight with d&d
>the fight was about him wanting more seasons and getting only 8, also about them not using his source material and making dumb sideplots up
>martin witheld the book so they couldn't have any material for a good ending, but he knew they couldn't do shit about it
>they postponed the last season in order to force him to release it
>when they saw that he wouldn't, d&d spited him by making the show ending utter fucking trash
>this was also in part to their sheer incompetence and divergence from the source material in the past few seasons
AGGGGHHHHH

Attached: 1293898238934.png (590x559, 417K)

no, the image was for the battle of trident while the thing you mentioned is battle at summerhall

Gendry's hammer shits on this one

>one more book
if only we were that lucky, but general consensus is that he'll need at least one extra book

>ramsey ramsey ramsey
Book ramsey isn't as major a character as show Ramsey. In the books he's under the heel of Roose Bolton, who is in every way more capable than Ramsey. Roose is Lawful Evil to Ramsey's Chaotic Evil which should tell you enough

I hope that he shits on TV show and makes Targayrens aliens from Mars.

See>>book five took SIX YEARS
iirc he even rushed with book five release, so it would Come out right after the first season. Books six and seven really aren't finished yet

This made me chuckle thanks for making my day :)

Absurdly rich usually have enough sense to work out and keep healthy because they actually want to stay alive. They hire personal trainers who control their calorie intake and nutrient requirements because they have the absurd amounts of money to pay some faggot to tell them what to eat to live longer.

This fat pig eats shit in food form and most likely has excessive amount of sex with hookers now that he has money to have a few around every day. If that isn't a recipe for a heart attack I don't know what is.

Roose is neutral evil

because he has no ideas how the book should end, so he will adapt the show ending

holy shit, Ned could summon wraiths in the book?!

Whatever you say bro

During the council, Tyrion asked him to be king. He replies with "why do you think I'm here." As if he knew all along that he would be asked. And this is the same guy who claimed he doesn't want for much anymore. The same guy who said he can't be a lord. But suddenly, he's ok with being the King?

And later Jon says "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you". And he responds "You were exactly where you needed to be." Same thing he said to Theon, before he allowed Theon to die.
Which pretty much confirms that Bran's foretelling of the future is pretty much spot on. He can tell that giving the dagger to Arya would save his life. And he could tell that allowing Dany to destroy King's Landing, would result in him being King.

>listens to those higher in his hierarchy
>doesn't kill or murder for no reason
>tries to attain a higher position through intrigue and backstab
>maintains alliances to those who can strengthen his position
>rules his people through cruelty and fear

Vargo Hoat is neutral Evil, Roose is 100% Lawful Evil.

No, he could not. It's a dream. His companions and close friends, fellow Northern lords and noblemen, appear as wraiths shrouded in smoke because he's forgotten their faces but remembers clearly the faces of the three Kingsguard they fought.

Yeah, now ask the question why it took book the first three books 2 years and under and the next ones much more than that, you fucking asshat. If he's just a lazy fuck, then why the fuck is he doing/finishing all these other side writing projects right now instead of doing nothing and living off the show revenue? In reality he's been writing a shit ton of side projects. If he's bored with the setting why is he doing all these books set in Westeros' past? It's pretty fucking obvious that he's been writing shit way out of order, writing shit for books five, six, seven and eight while he was working on four and so on. And considering how much of a cunt he's been when told by the fans that he might die before he finishes, it's not too much of a stretch to believe that he'd be a cunt to D&D for fucking up his story like they did and refuse to release the last books before the show was over so they don't fuck up those as well.

His prose is one of brevity but it can and will get more elaborate for key moments like the birth of the dragons. Here's a tidbit from a review of AGoT which I think sums things up nicely:

>There also lays the biggest issue I have with ASOIAF: its forest often hides its trees too well. Therefore, some help from other readers is practically mandatory in order to discover all the richness of this saga: some more serious internet discussions, found on fan-sites like Westeros.org, can often point to aspects that would otherwise escape an individual reader. In a way, fully enjoying ASOIAF is almost a social experience, which may go against the very nature of a reading process. I'm not sure it could be avoided, though, without the books being even bigger than they already are. Martin's prose is highly efficient and it primarily serves the plot and the characters. And there's too much going on in there. Had Martin decided to show 'trees' more closely, he'd have more opportunities to exercise his wording skills (which are not to be dismissed, as evidenced by quite a few sublimely written chapters) and he'd make the most rewarding aspects of his saga more obvious. On the other hand, the books would then be less manageable for both printing and reading, and the pace would be drastically changed, and possibly not for the better.

it's true that his wealth will expend his lifespan, but the health complications of obesity, and the treatments to help them, still take a toll. for an already notoriously slow writer, that might be the nail in the coffin

it's obvious that stannis will defeat bolton in the book but then lose to the undead army (this is probably where he in desperation burns Shireen).

the only reason Bolton wins in the show is because they wanted to give le ebin revenge death to Sansa. also D&D hate Stannis, and also they decided to skip over the whole northern lords hating the freys and boltons part

They also weirdly built up Tywin as the supreme badass. Probably cause they loved Charles Dance. They gave Margaery more to do cause they loved Dormer as an actress IIRC. In the books Tywin's a insecure coward behind everything.

Based and Hippocraspilled.

>with no real accomplishments beyond breaking essentially a frightened child.

>rused the Stark forces outside Winterfell and destroyed them with an inferior force and undermining his father's rivals
>got Moat Cailin to surrender

Not well accomplished but he definitely has an aptitude for trickery and being a backstabbing cunt

The Jews will do anything to shoehorn a migrant/refugee allegory and some feminist points into a story, quality be damned

You've misunderstood so many things I don't even know where to start.

Think of the old greenscreen computer in the Hatch from LOST where they punched in the numbers. Its like that.

It was nuanced, they made him look badass, but objectively he was foolishh, tyrion even has a scene pointinng it out.

youtu.be/943id1wVYSs

Legs are taxed 98%, rape is a write off

I'm fairly convinced that Stannis will stay alive long enough to meet Dany. She has two visions of him (possibly three), the very obvious one at the House of the Undying (along with fAegon and Jon) and one of her fighting his army at the Trident.

More like King Bran the Based.

They even bungled Jon taking over Stannis' plot of rallying the North. In the books, Jon tells Stannis how to get the North on his side. In the show, Jon just walks from one place to the next, looking gormless and being told to fuck off until someone else speaks up for him.

>we will never see Stephen Dillane drinking and dancing with the mountain clans

Attached: Out_of_100_Mountain_Clan_Chieftians_100_Were_Impressed!.gif (245x200, 963K)

Most of the changes they made were either because they wanted to greatly simplify things or because they liked the actor. Cersei being a caring mother is because they thought Lena Headey was nice, the Dorne plot was because they thought Indira Varma could play an angry woman well and I think they may have placed Sansa in Jeyne Poole's place because they wanted to get Sophie Turner some awards for crying but I might be wrong on that last one.

It was a bizarre choice. It would have felt flat to me cause I don't like the shot but surely show fans would have really enjoyed seeing the Northern lords rallying around Jon and the whole 'North remembers' thing actually meaning something for once. I expect the end of Bolton rule and a Stark returning to Winterfell to be beautiful in the books should they get released. In the show it fell flat, and the Northern lords more like cowardly opportunists.

Oh Christ, I vaguely remember their hype for Indira. What's bizarre is that Dorne joins Dany anyway. The Dorne plot still would have been shit but it could have had some resemblance to the book with Doran taking Ellaria to the side at one point and giving his fire and blood monologue.

Thankfully, in the books Dany is a retard who snubbed Dorne, forcing them to get with Aegon.

They have a habit of making weird little changes too. Why get rid of Ned's "That is the only time a man can be brave" line, or Jon's "Edd, fetch me a block". Odd. Best guess is that they think the audience is way to stupid to grasp the meaning of those phrases, as they did change "Jaime Lannister send their regards" to "The Lannisters sends his regards" after the Jaime actor thought he was somehow implicated in the RW.

Eh, less of a retard and more too obsessed with abandoning her heritage, becoming this peacemaking mother figure, etc. Her whole ADwD arc is about learning how she has to embrace fire and blood. She probably would have jumped at the opportunity to get Dorne early in ASoS.

there's way too much stacked against the boltons, there's like three separate conspiracies from lower northern lords inside winterfell along with the wildlings, and boltons and freys are literally being assassinated
the last letter being written by melisandre or whatever to make jon do something is the most likely scenario than fucking ramsay thwarting all those plots

nothing about what you said screams lawful.

Attached: Cze1kbkWgAYbFbI.jpg (810x1200, 182K)

I wish he would stop jerking off westeros past nobody gives a shit about and instead continued writing Dunk and Egg

Is Dunk and Egg to ASoIaF what The Hobbit is to TLotR?

There are so many cool scenes in the books that fell completely flat in the show or were not present at all. Oh well. Maybe in 20 years someonewill make another show, but this time it will be good

They even make the strange changes to their own scripts. Lyanna Mormont was supposed to be a one scene character, but they liked the actress so they had her continually give those 'yasss queen slay' speeches.

Nothing came of the 'North Remembers' slogan that they hyped up so much (in fact, the North was saved by Wildlings and the Vale and then suddenly Sansa acts as if the Northerners did anything themselves). On top of that, nothing even came of the Northerners refusing to help. Robett Glover said he will regret not helping for the rest of his life, then didn't help against the White Walkers and then was promptly forgotten. They could have even used Daenerys punishing him as some sort of hint she was going to go off the deep end but I guess it wouldn't be as subversive.

Not really. Hobbit is a children's book, more lighthearted and is a direct prequel to LOTR. Dunk and Egg is written for the same audience, has the same tone as asoiaf and doesn't really influence any events of the main story, even though there are some characters and cameos.

youtube.com/watch?v=nNG3PRh5m1I
I'd be fine with a high quality animation adaption, personally. In the style of the one in the trailer I've linked. A lot of the practical problems that come with a live action tv show dissipate, and voice actors can do multiple roles if they are good enough.

>Master, the fat man has resumed writing. He's going to finish the book.
>"He cannot be allowed to finish. The HBO ending shall be the only ending. Kill him, then burn the manuscripts."

Attached: 1522621444198.jpg (581x581, 41K)

>Lyanna Mormont
yet another good character from the books turned into a cringefest by the retards

>Lady Stoneheart will serve as a lesson for Arya that revenge is wrong.
how?

That's the entire reason Cersei devolved into nothingness by the end
They kept giving her undue focus and pathos to the point where, on paper, she was more sympathetic than a lot of the characters that should've been, but still had her do retarded evil shit the book version would do. And that wasn't sustainable so by her last episode we're supposed to feel sorry for Cersei and happy that she reunites with Jaime (who's entire arc they butchered in service to Lena Headey) even though we've seen her do all this heinous shit. All because D&D are too retarded to separate their friendship and appreciation of an actor from a coherent story.

Looks like the Banner Saga and those old soviet cartoons. Would be perfect actually for asoiaf

I don't they ever fully understood the world GRRM made despite guessing Jon's parentage (which they could have used the internet to answer for them). Jaime murdering one of his cousins with zero consequence or shit like Roose and Freys never facing any consequences for the RW from Westerosi society as large shows this, along with all the anachronistic shit like Cersei becoming Queen and her position just being accepted and stable or Bronn becoming one of the Great Lords.

Probably the similar way the Hound did in the show.

Ramsay is a little psychopathic bitch in the books. He's no leader, no warrior and certainly not a general, nor does he have 20 good men and his show plot armor. Stannis will cut him down and proceed to beat the crap out of Roose.

cool does this mean we'll have a dream of spring by 2030

Oh Stannis ia definitely going to break - my bet is that he actually wins at Winterfell, Shireen gets killed by Mel to rez Jon, the Northerners elect Jon as their king despite Stannis winning it for them, and all of this adds together to shatter him

At which point the sub-boss battle that occupies Jon in the North for the book equivalent of S6 before Dany comes west is Jon v Stannis rather than Jon v Dany, with Stannis in the role of modern Night's King as Jon and Mance team up to beat him.

Then Davos finally returns with Rickon right afterwords to find Stannis dead and reveal Jon isn't the rightful king lel

Tryhard animation that was made to look particularly "artistic" instead of realistic movements.

Don't forget they literally allowed a scene where to air where it 100% looks like Jaime is straight up raping Cersei despite that not being their intention, and the problem being fixed by an extra five seconds of Cersei actually giving in to that mutual lust rather than cutting away. I don't remember if they directed that episode but they should've fixed that shit.

because lawful good or evil don't necessarily have to be lawful. the only truly lawful alignment is lawful neutral.

Same thing with Tyrion too. They probably made him into the virtuous St. Tyrion because they liked Dinklage and Tyrion became popular, so they were too pussy to take the bold direction George took with him towards the end of ASoS and ADwD. If Dinklage ever reads the books he'll probably feel like he missed out big when he gets to the darker path Tyrion goes down.

>thinking Lyanna wasnt in love
This is how i know you only watched the show

>If book Ramsay killed Roose he'd be dead within the hour.
Lol, that will never happen. Roose is so far beyond the little bastard's abilities, it's not even funny.

It was all a dream

Only reference I can think of and helps that it also has a medieval aesthetic. If you have any suggestions, please share. The main point is I think an animated adaption could be really good.

Some of it definitely is. Dany going mad and KL going up in flames have been set up waaaay more in the books than the show, most people guessed that was the plot trajectory just based on a casual reading.

Bran as king though? Literally everything regarding the Others? Not sure about the former, 100% certain the latter will be so different it's worthless to even compare them.

The director for the Blackwater episode also commented on these "producers" (so either Weiss, Benioff, or a underling) giving him orders to focus more and more on the naked women during that episode because they want to appeal to the perverted side of the audience.

First rule of time travel is you dont fuck with the timelines. Seeing the future is a form of time travel for your brain.

so the ending is gonna be some woke shit that the fans will like?

Make me wonder why they never adapted Arianne. A sexy exotic girl that uses her body to her advantage, is promiscuous, and can feed into the more obnoxious feminist stuff they did in later seasons to quell earlier criticism? I really thought they would have jumped at the opportunity.

because grrm gave them the ending bullet points and d&d wrote their half-assed version to lead to those events as best as they could

he's saying this because the book is already finished. the rumor was right, he made a deal with D&D, now that the show is over he starts saying shit like this. i mean come the fuck on

I was unhappy how he handled one of the WOT fights, the one where the Warder put on 5 naruto anime rings that drain life but make you fight really well, and he still couldn't beat a Dark lord.

a Dark lord who was on level as what the main character managed to beat one on one without formal training. (book three I think, where Rand gets speared in the side)

>First rule of time travel is you dont fuck with the timelines.
Not with that attitude.

Attached: Zoom's dickery.png (575x345, 409K)

The Others are ethereal ice beings who raise the dead, and the ending (if you pay attention) is obviously going to be Jon sacrificing himself to sign a pact with them to end the war; the role of the prince who was promised is to die for the realm

Book Jon is fucking based. Why did they have to turn him into a literal "u mah kween" autist, I will never know.

Attached: D6PVTJLX4AQPsAq.jpg (449x488, 53K)

Tyrion is only an asshole for a little bit anyway. Then he meets Penny lmao

The thing that comes before the TRES.

>season 8 airs
>george doesn't say anything throughout
>finale airs
>george posts half-assed acknowledgment of it
>2 days later
>lock me up if my book isn't done by next year
Kek

>The fans complaining and demanding a re-make of season 8 has gotten to him. He'll get the book out so there'll be a re-make.
Nah, the old cunts has been sitting on this manuscript all this time, he knew the hacks known as D&D would fuck up. The second he got wind of their plan to wrap it up as fast as possible he decided to let them crash and burn the main show; I bet he's going to release it this year even.

>lawful doesn't have to be lawful
ok, dabid

He's still pretty asshole-ish to her. There's a fan theory he'll outright murder (there's a hint of this in one of TWoW sample chapters) which will completely represent his rejection of the world view she represents and mark his descent into darkness and villainy, and George himself said he loves Tyrion despite being a villain in an interview years ago. But case in point, the moment where Tyrion rapes that slave in Volantis, vomits, reaches a real lower, etc could have been a standout moment for Dinklage.

>he bold direction George took with him towards the end of ASoS and ADwD
tyrion was always a spiteful little shit. Just reread the books

the others in the books are like spooky freaky ice elves, they don't look like ice demons

Attached: MJXjoi7.jpg (1920x1080, 348K)

I think after Oberyn was out they just decided to cut the Dorne angle almost entirely. D&D seemed fucking allergic or something to all the unresolved shit from books 4 and 5, despite most of it being pretty easy to figure out and guess the resolution to
They cut 90% of Dorne, they cut all the Stoneheart stuff, they cut most of the Ironborn stuff and introduced a shitty version of Euron seemingly only because they ran out of other villains, they wrote Stannis and Rickon out so awkwardly it was almost hilarious

There were a lot of hints of it yes, but the last third of ASoS and ADwD is where it really surfaces and he keeps going darker and darker and reaches new lows.

>there's a hint of this in one of TWoW sample chapters
what hint?

the dorne plot in the book is nearly as bad as what they did in the show. it's fucking awful.

Stannis's trap will work on the FREY army, but Ramsay's forces will be ready. The question is whether the Manderly and Karstark forces turn on Ramsay and help Stannis, or just stay away from fighting let Ramsay and Stannis weaken each other before swooping in for the kill.

They demonstrate some more emotion/sentience too by actually laughing and have blood and bones instead of exploding when injured. I really have no idea whether they'll be men turned into something else by the Children or a different species entirely.

They stopped caring after storm of swords

There's a bit where he she says something that reminds him of Shae and his thoughts are along the lines of how he may just have murdered her there and then if there are a weapon or something lying around and the battle around them didn't distract in that moment. I'll try and find it for you now.

the others are just ancient starks changed by magic

No evidence as to that.

Here:
>I never meant to make you angry,” Penny said “Forgive me. I’m frightened, is all.” She touched his hand.

>Tyrion wrenched away from her. “I’m frightened.” Those were the same words Shae had used. Her eyes were big as eggs, and I swallowed every bit of it. I knew what she was. I told Bronn to find a woman for me and he brought me Shae. His hands curled into fists, and Shae’s face swam before him, grinning. Then the chain was tightening about her throat, the golden hands digging deep into her flesh as her own hands fluttered against his face with all the force of butterflies. If he’d had a chain to hand…if he’d had a crossbow, a dagger, anything, he would have…he might have…he…It was only then that Tyrion heard the shouts. He was lost in a black rage, drowning in a sea of memory.

her and the hound aren't close like in the show?

Ramsay's people are already being knifed in the dark at Winterfell by Metal Gear Mance

It's so retarded how the show went from showing them as thin skeletor men to literally turning them into draugr from skyrim to then making them draugr from skyrim but with clothes

>"So young", said Wyman Manderly. "Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived, he would have grown up to be a Frey."

He might live in to his 80s but he sure as shit isn't going to be well enough to write
He'll hopefully be in good enough condition to dictate to Sanderson or someone

bran the builder. he built the wall and winterfell. there's a connection between the others and the starks. the starks house words are winter is coming, that can be read as an actual threat if they had the ability to bring the storm....which the others do.

>Implying Big Walder wasn't killed by Ramsay/other Freys to move up the Frey succession
He was a kid and no threat to Mance's spearwives

The Night's King was also named Brandon Stark, according to Old Nan

Great, but he still needs to write another one.

she said he might've been
he probably was, but it wasn't a definitive statement

you motherfucker

Attached: 1392170236021.jpg (148x158, 15K)

Not what I was getting, only the comment reminded me of the Manderly quote. Shame we never got him. I tend to imagine Manderly as basically a very, very fat Brendan Gleeson with a beard and speaking in a baritone English accent.

None of that points that the Others are Starks. The Long Night started a thousand years after the First Men and the CoTF made peace and were living in harmony. The theory that CoTF created the Others is just stupid.

They're okay. He and Sansa have more of an arc going on than he and Arya do. besides, Cat is a far better representation of revenge gone wrong than Sandor is. He managed to let go of that shit, so getting advice from a now happy guy about how a hateful life can irreparably destroy you rings a bit hollow.

Fat fuck

i figure that is what bran will turn into. the nights king fell in love with a dead woman. bran is already in love with meera. if she dies and gets resurrected.... the others aren't the only group that can resurrect people, cold hands was resurrected by bloodraven somehow.

I think George has finished a draft of Winds and is just editing through it and making sure it flows in to Dream
He said part of what made Storm so easy to write (relatively in two years) is that everything fell in to place nicely. I'm hoping that's what he's aiming for with Winds and Dream. Scaled up from two years of course.

I like how Hardhome in the book ended up being about as spooky as it was in the show despite taking place off page entirely. The whole chapter where the Wildings enter the Seven Kingdoms and Jon reads Pyke's letter is a favourite of mine.

its kind of like the nazgul. they were changed through time. i can easily see grrm doing something like this. the others being something like a force of nature is just fucking stupid.

The show made them so monsterous and grotesque that any form of communication with them would come across as silly. In the books they are graceful, demonstrate some sentience, etc. so some kind of communication with them wouldn't feel laughably out of place.

Even for someone in great physical condition who takes great care of their body, once you hit your 70s or even your late 60s there’s no guarantee of anything. You can be fine one minute then hit with a stroke, a heart attack, or a debilitating disease like some form of cancer the next. The complications resulting from a minor fall is enough to kill most seniors. All it takes is one bad day and you’re fucked.

In typical fatty nature, Gurm for years took very real concerns from fans about his mortality as “bullying” him for being a ham while the clock ticked down. He seems to have gotten the message now that he’s out of his 60s, but if he gets with any health concern common if 70 year olds it’s too little too late.

Anyone else think GRRM just got bored of his own story around Dance?
I know he originally wanted to do a 5 year time skip over a lot of those events until he realized it didn't work for most characters

undead benjen will probably the one to communicate with them

If there's any solace, he's still pretty energetic and quick in recent interviews.

I have no idea why he didn't do the time skip, literally all his problems of overlapping mereen stories and the general feeling of plot stagnation stem from not having those years go buy
>arya is poised to begin training as a faceless man
>bran will be training with bloodraven
>sam will be a maester
>jon will be lord commander
>sansa will be learning from littlefinger
>theon is a captive at the bloodfort
>more time for cersei to hit the wall and become female robert
>more time for jaime to clean up the riverlands and become a better dude
etc etc

It would've allowed for a return to the book 1---3 pace where the chapters have a better mixture of action and exposition, rather than Feast and Dance sometimes relying entirely on wheel spinning and lore and nothing actually happening

Writer of this post has sub-80 iq

>rush a book he's been writing for 10 years

R E D W E D D I N G

What's LOST? Some webseries or something?

A lot of it comes down to there being too much to miss. Also 5 years is a long time for some of the characters to be on one objective, and inevitably they have to be sent in a new direction.
It works great for Arya, Bran and Sam
It works in a way that drags out the story of Dany, Jaime and Sansa.
It's unrealistic for characters that will probably have a key development in that time like Theon, Cersie, Jorah, Brienne, the Iron Islands and Dorne
There's no natural way to skip ahead for Tyrion.
It completely omits Young Griff, who will later be needed to slow down Dany gaining followers in Westeros

>That's the entire reason Cersei devolved into nothingness by the end

Yeah. It was really weird that they kept playing up the Jaime and Cersei relationship as a romantic, 'true love' whereas in the books it's an abusive relationship where Cersei uses Jaime to fuel her own ego. We also ended up with a multiple personality disorder Cersei, where she says she can't control Joffrey and cries about it (changing it so Joffrey for some reason kills the bastards), then we have scenes from the books where she completely supports Joffrey and dotes on him.

>I don't they ever fully understood the world GRRM made

The fact that people break sacred vows as if they're nothing, that Cersei blew up the pope and no one cares and that modern morals get arbitrarily applied demonstrates this.

Which was done at the behest of the Hand of the King/Iron Throne.

Look at this Bronn and then Bronn in later seasons.

They Flanderised him

I disagree about Tyrion. Dany eventually trusting would be something you could cover in 2 and half pages during a "tyrion as dany's hand" chapter, just like how you basically get his life story in his first aGoT chapter, plus that would give Mereen the feeling of Winterfell, where we're jumping between him, dany, maybe barristan, and then the ironborn arrive as the thing that gets dany to finally cross the sea

And I don't think characters like Connington or Quentyn would exist in the same way or exist at all if Feast and Dance hadn't taken so fucking long. The Mummer's dragon was mentioned in book 2 obviously, but at that point it could've been two or three different ideas and fAegon just worked best

>Cersei blew up the pope and no one cares
Cersei's reign would not tenable in the least in the books. The lord would be openly revolting, let alone the people. Even Robert at had a rocky start despite getting the throne by conquest, and even then they had to use the fact he had a Targaryen grandmother to partially legitimise his reign.

>baby can't comprehend shitty d&d alignment
it's ok user, nobody is asked to be born this way

Attached: 19387421231.jpg (208x326, 10K)