Oh god I just remembered this happened

Oh god I just remembered this happened

Attached: file.png (650x340, 317K)

One of the most stupid and unrealistic scenes in GoT tbqh

so fire breathing dragons who mindlessly obey some random human is fine to you, but some guy with infected scabs all over his body isn't?

Attached: c01ce718cd76d403864b4205f07212e31ce14ac59dacd4a33c1612805a627b5f.jpg (164x251, 14K)

More like the cure being peeling it off. Cause no one in apparently has tried this before.

Remember the YouTube edited shitbucket scenes

the "cure" was a plot convenience

it was only stupid because the writing was stupid.

it being peeled off and an anti-greyscale thing being applied. It was done before, but no one wants to touch the fuckers since its incredibly contagious.

no what was retarded is that he was cured in a single night and they just let him go without worrying if he'd relapse or was still contagious after greyscale was built up as one of the most deadly and contagious diseases in the world.

>they don't even check Sam to see if he was infected after he was holding his puss covered finger up to his mouth in OP's image

So many things like this
What has the point of him getting such a disease if they where planning to just cure it?

the cure was friendship

the last two seasons of this show were wall to wall shit

yeah that was retarded. you'd think that'd be step one after the fact.
probably happens to someone in the books and jorah was the closest one to it. maybe its like victarion or something, where he gets super buff from it.

D&D aren't interested in planning. They setup plots then do something else with them all the time

JonCon is the one that gets Greyscale in the books.

>incurable disease plot established
>main character cures or is cured from it
How is this NOT bad writing?

To build Sam's character up. To show he learned some stuff; so when he dropped Jon's heritage it would be more believable. Plus he found the dragonglass shit too.

Why did they need Sam to drop Jon's heritage if they had Bran anyway? The way Sam found out about it was the most contrived shit ever too. They just had this completely world changing information in some random book in the Citadel that Sam happened to be assigned to look over.

>planning
There was no planning involved once they started deviating from the books.

What was the point of the Nightking is they where just planning to have Arya explode him?

lol just rip the skin off bro

What was the point Rhaegal if they where just planning to have Euron shoot him?

It has been tried before but they always died because it's excruciatingly painful and they're already near death.
Just cutting off a single postage stamp sized scab had Jorah almost screaming in pain

What was the point of the Scorpion ballista if they where just planning to have Dany burn all 75 of them?

Dany's other two dragons never served any real purpose tbqh.

It was literally to make Dany more mad so she would snap. What a fucking waste of a plot point.

What was the point of the Golden Company?

why didn't Dany seem to give a shit about Viserion? not even when she saw the night king puppeteer his corpse. was he the least loved?

>just scrape that shit off
they chose the most retarded form of the cure

they could've implemented wildfire or dragonglass

how was Stannis' daughter cured, anyway? i.e. the scales remained but the illness didn't progress. Couldn't they have ... ah fuck it, I don't care anymore

To make the elephant joke, duh..

Bit of a tangent here but the dragons becoming WMDs was honestly what made me lose interest in the whole series
In S2 & 3 I loved that they were these ancient powerful beasts but still babies. Like people respected Dany for commanding some lost magic but also she didn't really command any actual power. Once it became 'flying flamethrowers blowing up zombies' there was simply nothing left to care about.

In the books she just has a lesser form of it and it never got bad enough to kill her. In the show Stannis claims he somehow got a bunch of Maesters to save her but for some reason they never just scraped the shit off of her gradually. retarded

What was the point Cersei of sending Bronn to assassinate her brothers?
Just for him to fuck off forever and reappear in the after credits comedy sketch?

They're kind of WMDs in the books, they're just a metaphor for power. They start nice and valuable and cool but then grow into something dangerous that not even Dany can control anymore. I agree that they got boring real fast in the show when they just became Dany's I win button.

Stonemen! Don't let them touch you!

The entirety of seasons 5 & 6 was them adaptating complicated plot threads that GRRM hasn't resolved yet, and then in seasons 7 & 8 they said fuck it to all those and rushed to the finish line.

Making the flames into some magic explosive beam was the dumbest thing
Why not just keep it as like, actual fire, capable of scorching humans, setting fire to wooden building and such.

>one random book had the cure
>the dude who wrote it died from the thing he said he cured
Its not much of a stretch to assume that even if people had read one obscure book that they'd even consider it a viable method.

>What was the point Cersei of sending Bronn to assassinate her brothers?
So that twitter normans can have fodder for their "Top 10 SAVAGE bronn moments" compilations

The bizarre thing is that they completely cut the character who got greyscale saving Tyrion from the show and just gave it to Jorah only to anti-climatically cure it. they could've just never given Jorah Jon Connington's plotline at all.

>there are people defending this

Shae

What was the point of King's Landing if they where planning to just have Daenerys raze it?

All to help a genocidal maniac.

>"ok guys how do we cure jorahs grayscale"?
>"just cut it off LOL"
>"great idea, thats lunch"

The scene transition in this episode is the best in the series tho

what was the point of bran being thrown out of the window if he was just going to become king?

it was whole peeling AND the oink ment applied had ground dragon glass in it

>just rub super sharp obsidian all over your fleshy body lmao
I agree with you but I've just thought about the realism of that. you're gonna be dealing with painful microcuts forever.

In the books they explicitly say that the infant form doesn't work the same as the one adults get and can be cured. The kid form is referred to as grey scale but the adult one is the 'grey plague' and anyone who gets it is 100% a goner.

D&D are literally too fucking retarded or too full of themselves to follow an already established plot and world and build upon them. Instead they add up to the pile of characters and stories, probably because just like everyone else in Hollywood they're egocentric fucks who totally believed that they're responsible for GoTs massive success and just following the script was below them. Then, when realising that they've fucked up and doing justice to all characters that we were stuck with by the end of season 6 would take at least another 4 seasons they've decided to fuck it and just write them off one by one. Littlefinger dying like an idiot, even after that ominous quote from Bran. Tyrion and Varys becoming useless idiots etc.
I'm somewhat glad that those hacks are going to be involved with next Star Wars trilogy. They'll be exposed and another corporate mouse product flopping gives me hope that SW rights will change hands.

what WAS the point of the political intrigue if they were just gonna use a giant godzilla to kill everyone and then kill the godzilla's master and be done with the plot?
So fucking obvious that D&D got the Tard Wars job and instantly pressed the ejector seat button

>gives me hope that SW rights will change hands
To the rightful king

He should have gone back to the ruins of Volantus and killed the stone king and brought an army of Stoned Men to fight the army of the dead

The entire point of the Sam maester plotline was to cure jorah lol, like 2 hours of filler in a rushed season

> use a giant godzilla to kill everyone
I said something like that to my friend, and he was like; huh? the war was so cool.

I'm watching the TV show ep now and the Maester said it spread differently with adults and children and that Shireen's was found quickly and she was curable

They could have just made sam slow it down so he makes it just as long in the show and then he can die and it still wouldn't have mattered as a plot point.

What do you expect from directors who shrugged and decided white walkers were made by shoving obsidian into corpses. Even though obsidian in ASOIAF is explicitly associated with fire and hence their antithesis.

I'm so sick and tired of you faggots who bring up physical realism when it's clear the problem is LOGICAL realism.
It's perfectly fine for fiction to bend or amend the rules of nature, otherwise all art would just be biography and instruction manuals.
What you CAN'T do is establish principles only to flippantly break them without justification. That's a contradiction and literally makes no fucking sense.

Shoul've of havn inserted and icicle into him instead

Remember Endgayme? Tony finds the Tesseract in some box in a military storage bunker? Yeah sure people just store away this world changing alien item like "lul someone else can tackle this shit". They don't need to put in any effort into writing anymore because the mainstream gobbles this shit up and never questions any of it.

To be fair the military is notorious for doing retarded and irresponsible shit with world-changing technology. For fuck's sake, during the cold war some of the nuclear missile systems had "00000000" as the launch code for 2 decades.