Having GOT withdrawal so my friend suggested I watch the LOTR movies, they said it was really good...

Having GOT withdrawal so my friend suggested I watch the LOTR movies, they said it was really good. Right after we watched it my friend brought up a good point, they pointed out that if Sauron needed the ring to win then Frodo risked way too much bringing it close to Sauron to destroy it and risk getting captured. They said Frodo could have hid it somewhere random, like in a cave or at the bottom of a river for example, and the chances of anyone finding it is practically zero. GOT had really good writing, is there something I’m missing here that will explain away this plot hole so I can enjoy LOTR as much as GOT?

Attached: 88418041-FD7E-4EAF-8238-09952CD7C855.jpg (1600x691, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8qQlqRwFkSU
youtube.com/watch?v=sUrJdsN_-B0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gollum hid in a cave with a river and the ring still found a way to escape. Itll find its way back to Sauron eventually.

Sauron didn't need the ring to win

Huh

Is that bc in the sequel trilogy he controls the red dragon and could just dracarys the other army?

metaphor for denial

bury it as deep as you want, it will find a way out

The ring has a will if it’s own it will eventually be found. At one point a character suggests dropping it to the bottom of the ocean but one of the elves says then Sauron will just wait for the seas to become land.

How long does that take on middle earth?

I dont know if you noticed but during the battle of the black gate sauron was annihilating the last armies of men by sheer force, and if they hadn't marched on the gate then sauron would have marched armies out again and again and again until he won, and given the state of the world of men after minas tirith despite their victory, one more push probably would have been enough. destroying the ring was the only option

He was already kicking ass without the ring.

Sauron is far sighted so the closer they brought the ring the less he could see it

/thread

I figured they could just hire more mercenaries or Dothraki

The Ring is magic and has a will. If you say throw it in a lake in the hope it'll never be found, it will spend a few centuries waiting to be discovered and then influence the minds of those who found it to make it's escape as seen in the scene where Smeagol and Deagol are fishing.

Attached: isildur's bane.webm (1280x534, 1.41M)

Why didn't Gimli just destroy it with his axe?

Didn't he win in the end because he was killed by his enemies?

Dwarfs are like Jews, they are incapable of destroying gold, they can only hoard it

Why didn't they just build a 1911 and shoot sauronman in the dick
RIGHT IN THE PALANTIRS
THAT GOTTA HURT

>GOT withdrawal
Kys incel

Why didn't the good guys in game of thrones just have arya assassinate the bad guys so kings landing could be taken without massive bloodshed?

Didn't notice that it shrinks here from fuckhuge sauron size to human size.

in 3000 years

he's moving the ring away from the camera dumbass

practically begging him to put it on and keep it

are you fucking blind?

This. Did OP miss the battle at the black gate?

uh, try again sweatie
I've been denying I want to kill myself for 20 years and I still haven't

>Dwarves
ftfy

(you)

Why didn't it shrink to cockring size so there's no chance of Elrond trying to stop him

midge

the ring will kill you after seven days if you don't pass it

>They said Frodo could have hid it somewhere random, like in a cave or at the bottom of a river for example, and the chances of anyone finding it is practically zero.

You and your friend are fucking retarded.

The ring was dropped in a fucking river, and got found a thousand years later. It'll always be found eventually because the ring wants to be found.

how is that relevant

>shrink to cockring size
You mean grow?

Yeah it’s really weird the movie doesn’t show this.

shut up satan you faggot

damn...

Attached: 1557782136290.jpg (599x625, 47K)

youtube.com/watch?v=8qQlqRwFkSU

Why not just take it out on a boat in the ocean and tie it to a brick and toss it overboard?

Attached: 1553506252497.jpg (793x786, 52K)

Exactly, and in the meantime, Sauron will keep recovering strength + making his army bigger + constant gaining adjacent territories to Mordor. Even in the past centuries (stated in the movies as well) it is clear that Free Men (mostly Gondor) has been losing some fortresses to the orcs.

The ring had to be destroyed

fake

As long as the ring existed, Sauron would eventually have won, even without direct access to it.

why didn't the IRS just sue Sauron into bankruptcy?

Cuz I'll be dead then

He moved his investments offshore, so the middle earth financial authorities had no power over him.

Attached: 1549933899230.png (350x350, 138K)

Whoa... I honestly never noticed this. That's really cool and make the Ring pretty creepy when you think about it.

that's Peter Hackson shittery.
here's the real Tolkien edit youtube.com/watch?v=sUrJdsN_-B0

how did you guys not notice that? It's the only thing happening on screen. It's a closeup.
Were you on your phone?

Attached: 1527211695869.jpg (290x293, 25K)

thats a background scene the webm is zoomed in 20 times

Attached: no.jpg (1295x345, 82K)

Because the ring is cursed. Stop trying to fight logic in magic

Attached: 1558396393758.gif (300x165, 259K)

r*dditurd zoomer shit

because dolphin Gollum would find it then and it will still go back to Sauron, duh

imagine how much a dolphin could rape with the power of the ring

>hid it somewhere random, like in a cave or at the bottom of a river for example

Low tier bait.

Just be glad Tauriel didn't tame Smaug and use him to burn down Gondor's Landing.

>totally NOT! a contrieved story-telling device
will tolkienlets ever learn?