Why didn't they just make Gendry King?

Why didn't they just make Gendry King?

Attached: GendryBaratheon.png (480x644, 454K)

Why didn't they just leave Daenerys alive and have John break up with her for being literally Hitler, setting up that her conquest would lead to future conflict despite her belief that she would "break the wheel?"

He didn't openly support Braavos, so his campaign funding was cut off from the (((Iron Bank))). Eventually he fell behind in the polls are later withdrew.

whoever approves these costume designs deserves to be lined up against a wall and shot

They need someone to reforge the iron throne.

Dany knew she didn't have claim to the throne. She could have conceded to Jon Snow who had proper claim, and then use her influence over her troops and dragon to be at his side as her military advisor and Hand.

BUT SHE IS A WOMAN, NOTHING THEY DO MAKES ANY FUCKING SENSE.

Attached: the-burning-city.gif (500x281, 1001K)

or just kick the unsullied out and have jon pick an heir and abdicate himself if he doesn't want the throne.

Fucking everyone wore black at that council thing. It was an opportunity to see everyone back in house colors, including Gendry wearing something Stannis, Renly or Robert like, but instead all black everything again.

Careful user, you're calling for the deaths of gay jews

Why did they need to concede to the Unsullied again? They were holding a ruin shithole.

I didn't even realize how bad I wanted Gendry to have a scene wearing the Stag. Damnit user.

everyone became the nights watch, black clothing means nothing westeros anymore

Because despite making up only 13%, the Unsullied...

Why did they ask Tyrion for advice? This guy has a shit reputation for working for Joffrey for one half of that council, and a shit reputation for killing Tywin to the other half. Without Dany's backing, he's practically a criminal.

Everybody loves tight leather clothing. It breathes well, it flexes and doesn't bind when you move around.

How did Gendry even manage to be a lord when Dany ruled Westeros for literally one day? Would people really just honor the fact that dragon hitler randomly legitimized him one time?

Why would Gendry be king?

Robert Baratheon was a usurper to the throne with no claim, this was further validated when Rhaegar and Lyanna were proven married in secret, Jon is the legal heir.

we kinda forgot the stormlands existed since season 2

Attached: 1504367220015.jpg (670x377, 195K)

Bastards don't have a claim to the throne.

Stannis acknowledged him as Robert's bastard. Plus after Jon was elected King in the North, Stormlands wouldn't mind a legitimized bastard so long as he's Robert's.

needed a beard in this scene

because they kind of forgot

Literally who?

Do you ever think it's incredibly fucked up that dany led two gigantic foreign armies into the capital that killed everyone inside and took its rightful king prisoner with the open intention of executing him, and were allowed to leave without consequence immediately after?

Also, yara still defended them lmao

he'd be a worse king than his father

>Why didn't they just make Gendry King?
The man makes weapons for a living. Weapons that kill innocent children!

Because muh wheel

Wouldn't some other minor Stormland lord or Baratheon cadet house have taken over Storm's End at this point? Stannis and Renly have been dead for like 4 years at this point.

she looks so smug here

But his father was the best King in living memory of most.

Because his last name isn't Stark. GoT finale was a Stark family fan service.

>no scene of Davos teaching him how to read
0/10 ending

good, robert was based, who gives a shit if the crown was in debt to house lannister, they had an heir with their blood next in line

>best king
He was one of the worst stag cuck.

Name some better Kings (and don't be a bookfag about it)

Better question is why didn't Gendry start a valyrian steel forge w/ one of the dragons? Dragonglass is hack shit.

how the fuck is he qualified to be king?
what diplomatic or governing skills does he have?
can he even tell the difference between different house banners/sigils?

at least bran has magic powers.

bookfag here, robert is still better than the majority of targaryen rulers anyways so let him be a bookfag

I think the great costume designer for the early seasons was eaten by a lion. No joke. Fuck that lion.

bobby b's son
and bran is an evil autistic robot

Daily reminder that Daenerys was not queen of westeros when she legitimized Gendry, thus the appointment as lord of the stormlands is void. Gendry participating in the election of Bran makes him illegitimate as king.

Attached: 1558441831131.jpg (1920x1080, 136K)

They fought against the army of the dead, and incurred a debt that couldn't be paid.

Yara and 'Dornish Prince' should be shot for also demanding that Jon pay.

>Gendry participating in the election of Bran makes him illegitimate as king.
Or it makes Gendry legitimate because he was allowed to participate in the council that appointed the King.

thats not how legitimacy works you fucking chucklehead

Stannis likes wearing black though. Influenced by the uncle.

That's how legitimacy is built, you pissflap.

>baseborn whoreson bastard king who literally doesn't even know who his own mother is, upjumped by some dead dragonwhore

Yeah dude make him king LOL

Imagine coming to Westeros and be like

>hey who rules these, uh, seven kingdoms
>Bran Stark, and it's six kingdoms!
>but there are seven
>the seventh is ruled by Sansa Stark
>are they married
>no it's his sister
>uhhhh *does a 360 and rows away*

Attached: ik8a2ez37tv21.jpg (700x684, 71K)

Attached: 1555137953042.png (238x306, 150K)

What are you talking about? I just watched a Vox video about how the costumes reflected the characters strength and growth?

>WHY DIDN'T ____________ MAKE SENSE IN GOT??

Fucking every goddamn thread now. If you don't have your answer by now, quit eating crayons and try to graduate grade school.

This, but unironically.

sole living heir to the throne

I think Stannis loyalists have held Storm's End and "everyone kind of forgot about it" and any warden there knows that he'd effectively rule the area because a smith from flea bottom would turn to him for every advice.

literally this but with Bronn and Highgarden

wasn't Stannis going to legitimize Jon at castle black?

"Power resides where men believe it resides. It's all a trick."

I think its more a matter of him choosing to her as his queen that the claim is possible. History is written by the victors so once dany becomes queen even for a day all of the decisions she has done become legit retroactively, and all the people who helped her are no longer traitors but patriots.

>Why did...
You can stop your question right there because the entire last season was a mess filled with "why did they do that?" moments. At least 10 an episode.

Why did the writers do that?

So how did Gendry became lord of the stormlands?

Did he just waltz in, walked up to the current lord, and say: "hey, I'm lord now, the previous queen said I was, so give up your castle to me and tell every minor lord in this area to follow me and give their taxes to me"?

Yeah probably. And Une let him do it. What a cuck. FUCK Une.

a spawn of bobby b > some nigger on stormlands

Robyn was in his effay as fuck Vale dress though.

>hurr durr gendry is a bastard
reminder that Gendry is the first born child of Bobby B and Cersei

I thought she was an editor. Also literally anyone would’ve been a better king than Bran except maybe Sansa and they made her a queen.

the unsullied had respawn enabled

>and Cersei

underrated

do you think he will be all "we wuz kings and shiet nigga" to his children?

>showfag theories

why even try?

Targaryens are usurpers too.

Why didn't Jon just knock out Daenerys with a club and rode drogon over the wall to make babies with her free of all political influence?
>muh rule
As if that's in any way more fun than ice cream & skating all year round.

Attached: 1542438721184.jpg (400x400, 24K)

Is he too cool for blacksmithing now

he retains it as a hobby and makes his court wear all kinds of silly metal hats he makes.
He also invents the breastplate stretcher.

Attached: 1533320735075.webm (1280x720, 2.18M)

>uniting a divided land is some how, some way, usurping

Fuck off

Why didn't Dany just make her dragon, the largest creature in the show, eat the other pretenders?

He really stood out even if I didn't immediately know who he was.

they held jon and tyrion captive

CAREFUL user, CAREFUL

Attached: 1503403100963.jpg (1280x720, 370K)

that would've been the best ending IMO

Perfect commander Shepard here. Make it happen.

Only because he had a good council that literally ran everything for him. This was back when Varys and Littlefinger back when they were the smartest characters.
Compare that to the current pathetic excuse of a council. Braindead Tyrion, Sam the pathetic, Bronn the openly corrupt. No way this lasts more than a month.

People keep saying "rightful heir" like it means anything. Literally nobody cares. Whoever is the strongest or most corrupt gets the power. Same as it's always been.

what's all that distressed bullshit on his shoulders

Why didn't Jon just wait til after the war to tell Sansa and Arya?

Why didn't Jon just realize that Danny was losing everyone loyal close to her and everyone else is betraying her left & right magnifying her Targ insanity? And just give her some dick to calm her down?

Attached: giverherthed.jpg (240x245, 13K)

D&D

Literally Hitler?
>brings foreign hordes of brown people to ruin white lands
>nigger lover
>nigger fucker
>literal royal blood line
>worried more about love than ruling, not married to their job

How is she Hitler?

stannis mentioned

Jon never wanted it. Jon is just a moralfag like Ned, who wants to help those in need. Shit like running a kingdom isn’t what he wanted to do. There’s a reason he willingly joined the Watch. He could’ve been some edgelord like Ramsay and work his way to the North and then the throne itself.

Aryn literally did all of the work. He also had Varys and Littlefinger making sure everything was running ok.

I'm honestly surprised they had him stick around and become a lord.
I fully expected him to jump at the chance to disappear on a boat for years again this time with Arya on adventures.

Why does everyone wear fucking black leather?

Only if Arya would be his Anal Queen

And he should have a hammer, and eventually get Robber's hammer if it is in the royal armory

Attached: Game of Bums.jpg (623x752, 66K)

No that was some producer or something

Cause i thinl it would be too predictably.I still think that 8th season is shit but they made something we couldn't predict.

They could have just pretended to concede to them because they were fucking off from westeros to an island of doom anyways.

He bombed a city like dresden. Oh, wait she is more like boomer Harris.

Him being acknowledged is not the same as being legitimized. It's more likely that a powerful Stormlander house that remains would take the mantle.

Gendry is so handsome.

Why'd they give him Wolverines uniform?

Why didn't Dany just marry Jon? She was perfectly fine marrying that Arab dude in Mereen for political reasons and to win the favor of the people, and she's actually in love with Jon.

Is that the new Underworld movie?

He duhnt wunt it

>a foreign dude comes and conquers six kingdoms against everyone's will
how is it not usurping? Six kings lost their power to him. Aegon had no claim to anything before he subjected everyone. Gendry has more claim than Aegon the Conqueror had because at least the title was established long ago and his father held it.
Targaryens didn't have some special claim before they took over, they got their power in the same way as Robert Baratheon did. Except Robert's Rebellion was a lot more justified. If Aegon's heirs have claim, then so do Robert's.

she never even brought up the possibility it's so bizarre

More importantly, why did Dany named him a Baratheon without even knowing him while she never named Jon a Stark?

I believe the Baratheons also have Valyrian roots.

hahahahaha

I predicted Gendry and Arya will get it on before the battle years ago. So i have a Gendry costume and some nerf war hammers ready so i'll be forced to hang out for pictures wihith all the tiny and adorable Arya cosplayers at the next con. I'll be the Hammer of the Hymens

They kind of forgot that the Unsullied were in no position to make any demands whatsoever

yes the first Barahtian was half Targarian by a king before the the targarian conquest when they were still just a trade fort of the targ empire. And robert had a great grand mother who was a targ and so did Cersie

He's a discount Christian Bale.

Attached: Christian Bale.jpg (685x385, 32K)

Attached: photo_2019-05-15_23-08-36.jpg (1280x853, 114K)

Varys and Baelish were sabotaging the realm and preparing for war.

>Be Daenerys
>legitimize a bastard making him the true heir to the throne

>"foreign"
>lived on dragonstone his entire life until he realized it was time to unite the troubled lands

You don't even know what you're talking about. One man and his sisters tried to make Westeros one prosperous land. And they did a damn good job at it.

Are you young and handsome?

Because show!Jon is a retard and all about muh honor and how she’s evil and didn’t want to be king.
Book!Jon would have done it, realizing as king and Dany’s husband he could reel in her craziness with dickings.

I think that ring thing on sansa looked neat

Ring thing?

The ring and chain around her neck leading to a key in her pocket (keys to the castle)

or the ring around her head when he was crowned (diadem)

okay, so he was born in the same continent (or near it, anyway). He was still of a foreign culture which practiced incest and that's how everyone saw him. He couldn't really be from a culture that is native to seven different kingdoms anyway. (Was High Valyrian his native tongue?)
I'm sure William the Conqueror was the main inspiration for including such a character, and he was a foreigner to England. William had a claim though, Aegon just took over because he could, like Robert.

Why does it look like wolverine clawed on his shoulders. Whats the thought process of this design choice?

For over a hundred years or more Dragon Stone had been the equivalent to a British Empire trade fort in India. The Targarians had been a modest house in the empire who moved more and more assets to the island when the OG Danny had a dream of the destruction

Bad copy of a Renaissance version of a none combat dress version of an Arming doublet (That would be in cloth) with slashes showing an under layer of what should be a colorful expensive fabric

thanks for this informative post. Heres some reddit platinum for you

Never posted on Reddit but I used to make costumes for reenactors, theater and TV with work known in the US, England and Australia. You might have seen my work in i'm not gonna tell you and dox myself

>shot

I fucking hate this trend that clothing should be as dark as possible in medieval inspired movies and shows. It has been going on since the 90's ffs.

Attached: robin hood 1938.jpg (800x584, 124K)

His claim was the liberation of Westeros from the Valyrian filth, and Gendry will make this a reality once again as "Bran" actually BLOODRAVEN is revealed to be on the Throne and Gendry's Revolution begins.

Ours is the Fury.

Because Jon was character assassinated in S8. Dany still wanted him until the end when the "honorable" Jon stabbed her when her guard was down.

Attached: 1558410798261.jpg (1280x853, 124K)

there's also a lack of codpieces

Attached: MORE WIVES.jpg (1837x3231, 3.54M)

He was legitimized, fool.

Based