Remake is better than the original >nostalgiafags will swear it’s really not

>remake is better than the original >nostalgiafags will swear it’s really not

Attached: Fullmetal_Alchemist_Brotherhood.jpg (220x298, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0
youtu.be/ZPQ2hlpR8pI
youtu.be/_5qygtIVFUI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KMZBauH47Jo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cRA5gsdCf4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ah, the nostalgia meme. Whenever something older has superior qualities it's always because of nostalgia.

The original is better in every way except for the lack of Olivier Armstrong

i've only seen the remake and it was god awful childish cringefest.

It was never good to begin with

It's okay

Hey wow you're a fucking moron.

The original is the manga.

The original had better characters and emotional scenes.
The remake had a more coherent and well paced plot.
Ultimately, the remake was better. But the original had more powerful moments and more feeling.

A splice of the two would be supreme. The pacing of the early stuff is way too goddamn fast in brotherhood.

Not sure how many inconsistencies there are, but it feels like someone could do this without even creating any new content.

Attached: 1528486064821.jpg (1024x768, 121K)

Correct. Coherency and pacing are king.

worst thing about brotherhood is Hughes' death
In the first series he's such a good build up character that when he dies it hurts
In brotherhood it's like oh the character we've seen like three times is dead, alright then

While the truth is that they are both shit.

Anybody not retarded acknowledges Brotherhood was better than the original.

The pacing in Brotherhood is fast in the early stuff because they've assumed you've already watched the original series. The best way to watch is to just watch the first episodes of the original then switch to Brotherhood.

Scar fucking sucks in the original though while in Brotherhood he is the most based character

this

I honestly prefer the homunculus from the original and like Dante

Fuhrer Bradley and Greed were also shit in the original while based in Brotherhood.

This. He's such a badass taking care of a little chinese girl and having a sweet spot for her.

He is just like me

Attached: 1550495084777.jpg (1050x902, 132K)

Father was a shitty villain and it doesn't make sense that he doesn't kill Ed the first chance he gets.
>Okay, you discovered me and my evil plans, but you can leave

brotherhood is not a remake, it is an accurate retelling of the manga. the first series followed its own story line because they out-paced the manga

hes a sacrifice you fucking idiot. did you even understand what was going on?

Then the entire series would fucking end after episode 1

No, they discovered him but the one who discovered his plan was Scar's brother and Hughes( both are death). Also it show how little he think of normal humans.

>risking everything because you don't want to miss on a single sacrifice

>in the original he literally died jumping in front of a bullet for someone who was bulletproof

Brohood isn't as shocking and hard hitting like the original is. I liked both and BH more than the original but the original was better

He don't see them as a threat. His downfall is that he see humans so below him and think so highly of himself.

Sorta miss that, sometimes it turned out alright.
Now they just leave the show unfinished forever since it's only meant as a cheap ad

how is he risking everything by keeping ed alive? wtf you talking about?

This guy gets it

I liked the concept of the homunculus a lot more in the original. It had more weight.

Was pretty retarded how they killed them in the original though. They always just had a plot device that was connected to them happen to show up at the right time conveniently

The original had some neat ideas it’s execution was awful. Also I hate the change in tone it took because it had no real meaning behind it. It undermines a lot of its own messages like with Sloth being their mother and making Mustang the one who killed Winry’s parents which ruins a really important part of Scar’s character.

What are you talking about? Edward was an insect to him. He was cool as fuck.
>When you see an insect lying on the ground, do you stop to consider it a fool? The life of an insect is so beneath you that it would be a waste of your time to even consider judging it. That would be an accurate summation of my feelings towards you humans.
That explains very well his philosophy. He's a very interesting character. Much better than that old bitch Dante. Now that was a shitty villain.

The manga wasn't reach that part yet so the animator just came up with the story.

>remake
Are you retarded?
One of them is a great adaptation of a manga and the other is shitty adaptation of tiny bit of manga and then literal bullshit.

The remake assumes you watched the original though. There is literally missing arcs and shit because the animators were to lazy to do them again for the remake. The remake only gets good once you get past all the parts with missing story.
If you have to watch the original to understand things, that's when you know you failed at making a remake.

Technically, the 2003 anime was a remake and Brotherhood was a straight adaption.

this is the most retarded thing i have ever seen. you could not be more wrong if you tried.

Same. It feels like the target audience is 10 year old, especially with the goofy as """humor""" although it's too violent for ten year olds so maybe it's for manchildren.

He did nothing wrong

Attached: 1529488739112.png (300x295, 126K)

>why does this cartoon have a childish humor

plot of bro-hood is seriously superior.

I understand that. I just think the direction they decided to take was poorly thought out and just falls flat. I appreciate the attempt to make Lust more relevant to the story though. The only important thing she ever does in Brotherhood is cripple Havoc and to show that Mustang is op vs Homunculi.

That's what humor was like when it was written (before you were born)

Are you just going to say I'm wrong without saying what is wrong specifically? Remakes shouldn't require you to have watched/read the source material.

>maybe it's for manchildren.
it´s anime so it definitely is

> Dante is more interesting than Father. Imho human villains are more relatable because you can connect on some level with their motivations, vices and flaws.

> The original briefly explores the relationship between King Bradley and his human child. In Brotherhood Selim is only another homunculus and the stereotypical shonen villain.

> In the original the main character doesn't outsmart The Gate after a fist fight with the final villain. The ending of the manga detracts from the magic and mistery of the setting.

> The soundtrack of the original is better and paved the way for Brotherhood's ost youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0

> The first episodes of Brotherhood feel rushed because they expect the average viewer to already know that part of the story.

> I like how our world is connected to the world of FMA. The Zeppelin scene was kino af.

> Brotherhood's artwork is cute and more similar to the manga, but it doesn't always match the tone of the story.

its already been said many times why youre wrong, why would you listen to it being said a 5th time?

So it's meant for children. Someone sold me on animu as something you can take seriously.

The first one is just so better done. All the drama and angst hits the spot and it does not turn into a full blown shounen anime nearing the end. Not to mention that animation is overall superior. It's a shame since FMA:B story is indeed better.

>> Dante is more interesting than Father. Imho human villains are more relatable because you can connect on some level with their motivations, vices and flaws.
Father is so much more interesting. He literally wants to be God. It doesn't get more hype than that.

your fault for trusting weebs

Nah the first one's ending and last half is completely retarded.

I also liked that FMA's homunculi are completely unkillable immortal beings, alien to the world of main hero. While FMA:B homunculi just basically have CON spec.

Oh and the Hitler movie was really nice and redeemed the series downs for me.

>I also liked that FMA's homunculi are completely unkillable immortal beings
this would be cool if it didn't back the writers into a corner on how to actually deal with them. all of the homunculus deaths end up being the most contrived shit in the original.

Yeah it kinda was.

Attached: 15410688961110.jpg (1080x720, 267K)

The factually correct answer.

Although, I'd argue that the original is better. Personally, I prefer the remake, but that's because I'm a sperg and the plot making sense matters a lot to me. To the average viewer, getting hooked within the first few episodes is much more important, and they're dogshit to someone watching the series from the first time. Brotherhood unfairly benefits from its core audience already knowing all the main characters and their motivations. Not only do they not have to develop them as well, but they're actually discouraged from doing so, because that would bore the intended audience.

It's like trying to balance a videogame's dlc with the original meta.

So you are retarded. Try reading my post, user. I'm not saying that 2003 was better (it isn't), I'm saying that Brotherhood is a bad remake because it removed arcs in the earlier parts of the story. And I'm not talking about the 2003 filler arcs either. They removed important shit like the mining town arc. Brotherhood is better than 2003 but it isn't a good remake.

The original is better. The original MANGA.

>It took 4 people in a row and an act of god to take Bradley down.
His return is definitely one of the highlights of the series.

The ending is garbage out of left-field.

Imho that's more like a force of nature (e.g. Galactus, Majin Buu) and less than a full-fledged character. He's pretty much one-dimensional and there's little development or internal conflict. But I can somewhat empathize with Dante, because her core motivations are rooted in her human nature: love, fear of death, vanity and so on.

remake was better, no way around it, actually followed the manga instead of making weird twists for no reason

Most anime are just glorified commercials for the manga itself. Manga volume sales always spike after an anime adaption. Brotherhood wasn't made with the expectation that the viewer watched the first series, it was made with the expectation that the viewer was already a fan that had read the manga. Despite omitting some of the early arcs, brotherhood was much more faithful to the source material. It's not a remake.

The one thing I’ll give 03 is when Ed stabs Greed then freaks out cause he expected him to regenerate and not actually kill him was a good scene. It was the only decent Homunculus death really.

It should have been at least a bit less faithful to the manga, the best adaptations aren't 1:1

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Their reason was the fact that they had to make shit up as they go.

They did a fine job, could have been much worse.

I wish we could have the better from both worlds aka original manga story with 2003 production and staff. Oh well.

>well paced plot.
The pacing was one of the reasons I didn't like the remake, things were condensed or cut too much like they were trying to rush through the story, you had no time to develop a story nor reflect on it when it was over.

>I wish we could have the better from both worlds aka original manga story with 2003 production and staff. Oh well.
Third time's the charm.

I AM GOING TO MAKE LOVE WITH HOHEMHEIN'S SON

Attached: fma149-04.png (257x173, 64K)

So you lost but you can't admit it and have to pull this shit? None of what you said changes the validity of what I've said.

The manga and Brotherhood rely on the same shonen cliche I've seen in Bleach, Naruto, One Piece and every other series. The 2003 series feels more mature and original.

>> Dante is more interesting than Father. Imho human villains are more relatable because you can connect on some level with their motivations, vices and flaws.
They're both boring and somewhat one-dimensional.
>> In the original the main character doesn't outsmart The Gate after a fist fight with the final villain. The ending of the manga detracts from the magic and mistery of the setting.
He doesn't 'outsmart' god. He accepts his limitations and resigns himself to them. He symbolically accept's that he's not really special, by sacrificing the thing that made him somewhat so. That's the whole point of Ed's arc: humility.
>> I like how our world is connected to the world of FMA. The Zeppelin scene was kino af.
It was incredibly and needlessly contrived.

The 2003 version had such a beautiful ost
youtu.be/ZPQ2hlpR8pI
youtu.be/_5qygtIVFUI

Hiromu Arakawa is one of the greatest storytellers of all time.

The Openings are god tier:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KMZBauH47Jo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cRA5gsdCf4c

The manga (brotherhood) ending sucks. It's too clean. Father after discarding his sins, is still prideful, arrogant and greedy. His heads so far up his own ass that he can't fathom hoho making a countermeasure, even knowing he's spent the last 400 years teaching people and meddling with some of his plans. I don't think Al should have survived. Sacrificing your gate just seemed a little easy way out to get the brothers out safe, with the only cost being Ed's leg. I don't think his gate is an acceptable trade, since they both decided and acted to do the transmuation.

But they can use ANYONE who has opened the gate. Anyone doing human transmutation has basically done it "properly", father has had 400 years to make a small posse of loyal/mad scientists who would love to be able to spam like a gate opener. Even then there's no exact explanation as to what happens to pride after he eats someone, uses that to ''force" open a gate in someone and then starts to decay. Will he fully die? Doesn't seem so since he still reverts to that child thing, meaning father can periodically have pride forcefully make a sacrifice, imprison the sacrifice, let pride die/revert to child, force feed new stones and repeat the process for 5 total sacrifices. Pretty viable plan to do in 5~ years or so prep before the eclipse.

>The ending of the manga detracts from the magic and mistery of the setting.
yeah, the gate taking you to pre-WWII Germany is so much more interesting except for how terrible it is
you wanna talk about taking out the magic? turns out all alchemy is powered by dead humans from the real world! that's all kinds of fucked and really takes the enjoyment out of all the fun adventures alchemy allowed

>force feed new stones and repeat the process for 5 total sacrifices
that's a lot of stones to piss away

>manga (brotherhood) ending sucks. It's too clean. Father after discarding his sins, is still prideful, arrogant and greedy
that's the point

>I don't think his gate is an acceptable trade, since they both decided and acted to do the transmuation.
well that's because you don't get the story, apparently
you need cheap character deaths and a dark ending so you can feel like a grown up while watching cartoons

Better than the sappy shounen shit we got in the manga.

03 had better directing, and I liked the more grimdark atmosphere and explanation/explorations for the humonculi
hitler movie was hot garbage but at least it gave us that kino scene of wrath vs gluttony